InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha World Travel, Where the F*** is Greece!! ❯ Leaving on a Jet Plane! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Inuyasha Visits Greece

Rated PG-13 for swearing and suggestion.

I recently went on a trip to Greece, and naturally, I packed my imagination with me, even if I did forget my toothbrush. Anyway, at times I couldn't help but think about how certain anime characters, mainly Inuyasha, would react to some of the things I saw there. So, I wrote a fic about it. Enjoy!

Note: this starts in a sort of song fic to "Leaving on a Jet Plane." The version I own is sung my Bjork.

*~*~*~*~*

The sound of music was the first thing that greeted Inuyasha's ears as he leapt out of the bone eater's well, and stood in the future time.

//All my bags are packed. I'm ready to go.
I'm standing here outside you're door.
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.//

Inuyasha carefully opened the well house door a crack, listening and sniffing for anyone who might be in the vicinity. Anyone other than Kagome that is. The wench had once again slacked out of going shard hunting, all because of some stupid "test" thing she kept complaining about. The stupid thing was, she never even asked his permission to go, she just said she was going and "sat" him every time he got in her way. Well not this time. This time, he would show her who has in charge. Sit or no sit. He was going to drag her back, kicking and screaming if need be.

//But the dawn is breaking. It's early morn.
The taxi's waiting, he's blowing his horn,
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry.//

Wait a minute, that was Kagome's voice. She was singing something. Crying? She didn't sound like she was crying. Actually, she sounded rather happy, a fact that only added to the hanyou's ire. How could she be happy when there were shards to find? Stupid wench.

//So kiss me and smile for me,
Tell me that you'll wait for me,
Hold me like you'll never let me go.//

Quickly and silently, he dashed out of the well house and leapt onto the portion of slanted roof that was right below Kagome's window. Really he didn't get the design of this house, it seemed much too large for a girl, her mother, brother and grandfather. Cautiously, he peeked inside, and was surprised to find Kagome packing. Placing stuff in a large, flat chest of some type. Then, the words of the song sunk in...

//'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,
Don't know when I'll be back again,
Oh babe, I hate to go.//

Inuyasha's ears perked up. Leaving? Was she coming back through the well? No, she never packed so many clothes for a trip to the well. So she was going somewhere else...and didn't know when she was coming back? Why not? And what the fuck was a jet plane? confused, the white hared demon sat down beside the window to spy on his friend.

//There's so many times I've let you down,
So many time's I've played around,
I'll tell you now, they don't mean a thing.//

Humph. Yeah so she was weak and pathetic, big deal. Most humans were. So what if she couldn't shoot worth a damn? And what was she saying about playing around? Was there someone besides Kouga in Kagome's life? If there was, he would maul him. Didn't mean a thing, yeah right, Keh!

//Every step I take I'll think of you,
Every song I sing I'll sing for you,
When I come back, I'll wear you're wedding ring.//

Huh? Would she really think of him? Did she sing for him? Was she singing for him now?... What's a wedding ring?

//So kiss me and smile for me,
Tell me that you'll wait for me,
Hold me like you'll never let me go.//

Inuyasha felt his cheeks go warm as Kagome spun around and hugged her arms to her chest, a silly, romantic smile on her face. Was she singing for him...now?

//'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,
Don't know if I'll be back again,
Oh babe, I hate to go.//

More of this going away stuff... wait a minute, she said if?! Now she didn't even know if she was coming back, let alone when. Was she leaving him?

//Now the time has come to leave you,
One more time just let me kiss you,
Then close you're eyes and I'll be on my way.//

Suddenly, Inuyasha's heart was thudding in his chest. She couldn't leave him. They had shards to find dammit! She just couldn't...

//Dream about the days to come,
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to sing.//

Why? Why was she leaving? Had he done something wrong? Where was she going?

//Kiss me and smile for me,
Tell me that you'll wait for me,
Hold me like you'll never let me go.//

Kagome...she seemed to be so happy. Singing and...packing...

//'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,
Don't know if I'll be back again,//

She couldn't be leaving. If she left, he'd find her and drag her back. She couldn't go! Couldn't, couldn't, could not!!

//I'm leaving on a jet plane,
Leaving on a jet plane,
Leaving on a jet plane....//

Suddenly the words seemed be coming from a great distance, and they echoed back and forth in his head. Drifting, going, leaving...farther...farther away...

Leaving on a jet plane,
don't know if I'll be back again,
Leaving on a jet plane,
Leaving on a jet plane....//

"...don't go..."

"Click"

His voice was cut short, as Kagome pushed a button on small box. The music stopped.

"Ah!" Kagome gave a contented sigh and stretch as she finished her packing. Then suddenly her face became dark as she launched herself at the bag. She brought the lid down as far as the stuffing in the bag would allow it, then she tackled the lid, putting the weight of her shoulders on it. That failing, she scowled, before jumping and spinning around, so that she landed sitting on top of the bulging case. Deftly she snapped it shut, dusted her hands off, and stretched once again. "Finally! All packed!"

Inuyasha was surprised to see a smile on her face. Did she want to go away? Go away and never come back? Did she hate him that much?

As if in answer, Kagome's happy face suddenly turned to a scowl.

"Stupid Inuyasha, I thought I would never get home in time! Really! You'd think he'd just go and search for the shards by himself or something. Jeez"

Inuyasha was about to jump in there and speak his mind when another voice broke Kagome's thoughts.

"Kagome! I have you're passport and tickets."

"Coming Mama!" Kagome vacated the room, thus ruining Inuyasha's chance to yell at her. He scowled, before setting his jaw and entering the room anyway. There was no way he would let her get away with this. He would find out where she was going, one way or another!

Stealthily, he stepped up to the bed to examine the big, hard, chest thing on her bed. The thing was big! So big you could easily fit a person inside. Hey, wait a minute...

No, Inuyasha shook his head. That was a stupid idea, and besides, why should he have to hide from her? Test his ass. She had downright lied to him! That's it! He would find out what she was really planning, and then confront her with it, and force her to admit she was wrong. Yeah, that sounded right.

Inuyasha brought his clumsy hands up to the little clasps at the front of the "chest". The ones he'd seen Kagome use to close the thing. Carefully, he examined them, trying to figure out how they worked.

Suddenly there was a small click, and the over stuffed chest popped open, spitting it's contents out everywhere. Inuyasha panicked as Kagome's things went flying, landing on the bed, the floor and one thing even landed on Inuyasha's head. Wait a minute, wasn't that one of the things Kagome wore around her...

Inuyasha blushed, and quickly brushed the chest binding contraption off of his head. Then his panic quickly returned. He hadn't meant to make a mess this big. Kagome was going to be MAD when she saw...

"Beep, Beep!"

"Kagome, the Taxi's here!"

"Thanks Grandpa. Just let me grab my bag!"

"I'll get it nee-chan!"

"Thanks Souta, but be careful, it's heavy!"

Inuyasha reacted before he thought. In desperation, he dove into the suitcase, causing the lid to fall down and snap shut on him, just as Souta entered the room. He lay there a moment, his heart pounding in his chest.

"tsk, tsk." Inuyasha recognized the voice of Kagome's little brother. "Nee-chan sure is messy when she packs."

"Hurry up Souta!"

"Coming! .... ngh!"

Inuyasha began to panic as he felt the case he was in, sliding off the bed, and falling roughly to the floor. He fought to keep silent as his weight was suddenly shifted directly onto his head and the rest of his body came down on top of him. Then they were sliding again, being dragged along the floor, Souta grunting in effort.

"Jeez Nee-chan! This thing is really REALLY heavy."

"I know, here let me help you."

"No, it's okay, I got...it... Ah!"

Suddenly, Inuyasha felt himself falling and spinning rapidly. His body was mashed and jammed into the corners of the small compartment as it bumped and smacked into unseen obstacles on it's way down. Then, he took off, briefly soaring through the air, before finally landing on his head, hard.

He dimmly heard someone say, "Oops," and then everything went black.

*~*~*~*~*

"Attention all passengers, we will now be starting our descent to Athens. Please fasten your seatbelts and remain seated until the plane has come to a complete stop before the gate. Just a note, the temperature in Athens is now 20 degrees Celsius, and local time is 6:00 am. Thank you for choosing Athena air, and enjoy your visit."

The speaker cracked off and Kagome sighed tiredly, lifting her arms above her head for a small, quick stretch. Flying was so tedious. Being in a plane felt a lot like being in a giant waiting room for hours on end. You sat there, trying not to annoy the people beside you, getting up only to go to the bathroom. But it was almost over now, and she would be there! She could see him! That alone made everything else she had gone through MORE than worth it.

Well, maybe. She hadn't really liked lying to her friends in the warring states period, especially Inuyasha. She had told him that she would be back in two days, when really she wouldn't even be in the same country for almost two weeks. He would be mad as hell when she got back, but...this was the chance of a life time!

Kagome hadn't seen her father in almost two years now, not since he had left the country to do archaeological work on a site in Greece. He was a historian, specialising in things from the pre-historic period. The job offer had been the chance of a lifetime for him, a chance to work and study in the "birthplace of democracy." It was only a temporary position, four short years out of her whole life, and he wrote almost weekly to the family. Still, she missed him dearly.

When her mother had told her that she might be able to go visit him for a short time, Kagome had been ecstatic, and determined. Shards or no shards, Inuyasha or not, nothing was going to stop her from taking this trip. How many other people could say that they'd travelled abroad alone? Certainly no body she knew. And how was she suppose to explain to her feudal friends the concepts of planes, and time zones, and other cultures...It was just too much. If she had to, she'd do it later, after she got back.

*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha awoke shivering cold, and unable to move. For a moment, he panicked. How had he gotten here? Why was he trapped in this little space? Oh yeah, he had been locked into Kagome's case. The realisation calmed him somewhat, allowing a new sensation to rise within him...He. Had. To. Pee!!

'Ohi yasus efaristo!"

"Ipalikalo, neh. Yanni!

He stopped struggling inside the case. Someone was out there, and what nonsense were they babbling? It was like no dialect he'd ever heard, hell, it didn't even sound like Japanese. What on earth...

"Epihannus, ya."

His train of thought stopped, he was moving again, or more like being moved. Someone was dragging him, and if he could have understood Greek, this is what he would have heard...

"Oh man! this one's really heavy!"

"Stop complaining and just chuck it in the cart. We still have another plane to unload after this one, and one coming in."

"Don't remind me..."

The next thing Inuyasha knew was that he was falling again, hitting the ground again, and once again, he was unconscious.

*~*~*~*~*

Once they were on the highway, Kagome rolled the window down as far as it could go and allowed the wind to whip her hair around. Smiling and giddy, she took in the full view. Flat, well farmed valleys curved up to be shadowed by old, rounded, stone hills, greenish grey against the cloudless morning sky. Up a head, she could just make out the beginnings of the great city, peeking out above another gently sloping groove between two hills. She beamed at everything around her, completely ecstatic.

Her father chuckled at her from the drivers seat. An intelligent looking man in his late thirties, Kagome could see that he had changed a little since his the last time she'd seen him. His skin was stained by sunshine, forming a dark tan upon his cheerful features. Short black hair and dark glasses adorned his face, and his clothes were casual, slacks and a loose T-shirt. Actually, Kagome thought he looked really good, healthy and happy, if not just a bit lonely.

He had greeted her at the airport with the biggest bear hug she could remember receiving in many, many years. Lifting her up and spinning her around once, before setting her down dizzy to take a long look at her. It wasn't until then that she was conscious of how much she had actually changed in the last two years. He'd smiled at her and hugged her again. She'd hugged back, almost at he point of tears.

After first greetings, they had wheeled her luggage out to the small European car that her father had leased. Kagome had been surprised at it's weight when she had picked it up. No wonder poor Souta had dropped it down the stairs, and the guy from the Taxi had to help lift it into the trunk of the car. As it was, Kagome had barely found the strength to lift it from the luggage track onto the baggage cart she'd claimed. She hadn't thought she'd packed that much stuff, but then she'd been in a hurry. Who knows what she had absentmindedly tossed in there at the time. Oh well. She turned back and smiled at the scenery, until her father cleared his throat.

"So Kagome, bring anything with you from the "Warring States Period?"

Her father's question caught her completely off guard for a moment. How did he know about that?

"You're mother wrote me about your trips through the bone eaters well. I must say I'm a bit disappointed. If I had known about the well there, I would have stayed at home and studied it, instead of travelling half way around the world." He chuckled, and Kagome smiled.

"Actually, I didn't get a chance to think of something to bring. Whenever I go over there it's always so hectic. There's Shards and demons and...

"Demons?" was the disbelieving interruption. "Are they dangerous?"

"Well, not all of them, but Inuyasha usually takes care of the ones that are."

'Inuyasha? Is that the demon you're mother was talking about, with the ears?"

Kagome smiled at the memory of Mama tweaking Inuyasha's ears. She was about to say something, when a muffled noise caught her attention. Instead she furrowed her brow and began searching for the source.

"Papa, did you hear that?"

"Hmmm?" Was his reply. Kagome continued searching

"........"

"There it is again!"

This time her father nodded slowly before responding. "I heard it."

"I think it's coming from the back."

There was another nod as Kagome's father slowly eased the car onto the shoulder of the highway, and parked.

Being on the passenger side, Kagome instantly opened the door and stepped out onto the wide shoulder of the new highway. Cars zoomed past them on as Kagome quickly went to the trunk and popped it open. For a moment, she just stared, unable to see what could possible have made that noise, and then, her suitcase moved, and swore.

"God damn wench! When I get out of here I'm really gonna teach her!"
*Thump thump*
"Grrrrr."
*whump*
"FUCK!!"

Kagome felt the blood draining from her face as she realised exactly what, or more appropriately who was in her suitcase....

"...Inu...ya...sha..."

Suddenly the suitcase stopped moving....

"Kagome!" Asked the muffled voice, "Is that you? You'd better let me out bitch or I'll...."

"Kagome? What is it?" Her attention on Inuyasha was cut short as her father finally came around back and followed Kagome's disbelieving gaze. He scrunched his brow.

"Is it something with your suitcase?"

When Kagome didn't respond, Mr. Higurashi reached in to open up the case, only to have Kagome stop him with a wave of her arm. Now that the initial shock had worn off, Kagome seemed to be radiating some sort of cold aura that her father had never seen in her before. Wisely, he stepped back allowing his daughter to coolly reach in and grasp the clasps of the suitcase, taking a deep breath.

"SIIIIITT!!"

Suddenly there was a strange thud sound and the car rocked with new weight. At the same instant, Kagome snapped the clasps to the suitcase, allowing the lid to spring open. What was revealed was a very cramped, very crabby half demon with his face jammed into the floor of the suitcase.

"Ngh....Grrrr! Bitch! What was that for!!"

Kagome's father just stared. There was a boy. With white hair. There was a samurai boy with white hair and dog ears in Kagome's suitcase. H...How?

"Grrrr....MOVE!!"

He didn't have time to think as the strange boy leapt out of the trunk in a single bound, landed in the nearby ditch, and proceeded to relieve himself at the side of the road. Still Kagome and her father could just stare, one very shocked, and the other very, very cold. Kagome waited for the obvious.

No sooner had Inuyasha finished relieving himself than he spun around and stomped over to Kagome.

"Oi wench! What the hell do you think you're doing here? Who said you could just leave and...and go off on you're own to...to... to..."

He sniffed the air once, and his eyes went wide. He almost staggered backwards a moment as he took in the sights, smells, and sounds of his surroundings. He gave his head a shake, and shot a glare back at Kagome.

"Oi! Kagome, where am I?"

Well it was about time.

"You're in Greece." Kagome told Inuyasha flatly. Inuyasha stared at her. There was a long pause...

"... ...Where the fuck is Greece?!"

*~*~*~*~*

Notes: Usually, when you travel to Europe from Canada, you take off at night, and arrive sometime the next morning. I'm not sure if that's what happens in Japan though, and I'm also not sure what the time difference between the two is. However, I do know that when I went on a cruise with a Japanese tourist group, all of them fell asleep at around 3:00. Not one of the people from my group were as tired as they were, so I'm guessing that the Jet-lag effect from Japan is quite severe.

As for Inuyasha in the suitcase, if anyone could survive it, you know he could. However, I believe what they do is pack suitcases into much larger crates, which they then put on the plane to their destination. In this case, I'm sure Inuyasha would first die of suffocation, then hypothermia, and if that didn't get him, the claustrophobia when he awoke soon would. Not to worry though. It's called fan FICTION for a reason :-)