InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha World Travel, Where the F*** is Greece!! ❯ Home again, home again... ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6

*~*~*~*~*

Kagome never did sit Inuyasha though. In fact, she was pretty much silent for the rest of the night. By the time they reached the hotel around midnight, Inuyasha thought he might have done something severely wrong.

As it turns out however, in the moment Inuyasha's lips had met hers, Kagome's poor tired brain just didn't have the ability to process all the information needed...and therefore got rather stuck. What should she feel? Why was this happening? How should she react? Was it even real? Did he mean this? Did SHE mean this? And WHAT would her DAD think?!!

She didn't trust herself to be able to say something about it, at least not until she could function mentally again, and so she kept silent. Her only word spoken after that was a quiet "goodnight" once her packing had been mostly done and they were all climbing into bed.

They all slept like logs for a grand total of three and a half hours...

*~*~*~*~*

And then they were off to the airport, silent, nodding off, haphazardly dressed in whatever they could understand enough to get on, Mr. Higurashi blaring music from the radio in an effort to keep himself awake...

Everything perked up a bit though once they reached the airport. Even at four thirty in the morning it was still rather busy. People carrying bags and suitcases walked past them in random swarms and then disappeared down the long, vast halls of the terminal, each speaking a different language or dressed in foreign style clothes. Shinji had hoped that, by some small miracle, the place would be absolutely packed to the brim. However, they would have to make do with what they had.

You see, since Inuyasha had no passport, no proof of citizenship and no ID of any sort, there was no way in hell they would let him get through customs. In fact, Shinji was sure that the only way they could legally get Inuyasha on a plane would involve several months, if not years of red tape, politics, trials, and not a few criminal charges. By that time, some twisted geneticist would have latched onto Inuyasha and made him into his personal guinea pig. No, the only way they were going to get Inuyasha back to Japan was by either stuffing him back into a suitcase, or sneaking him around customs. Naturally, Inuyasha had opted for the latter.

So, they reached airline teller, and processed two sets of tickets and luggage. One for Kagome, and one for "Mr. Higurashi." Mr. Higurashi showed his passport, and the ticket was approved. That done, they headed for the entrance of the gate and got ready to say their good byes.

"I'll miss you Dad." Kagome hugged her father for the last time. (after five minutes of promising to write and be good and tell the others he said hi and so on...) He returned the embrace tightly before letting go and turning to Inuyasha. Inuyasha gulped and prayed Mr. Higurashi wouldn't yell OR hug him. Luckily, somewhere in the comfortable middle, they bowed slightly to each other before Mr. Higurashi grabbed Inuyasha's hand and shook it. Inuyasha played along with it.

"It was nice meeting you, Inuyahsa. Hopefully it will happen again sometime..."

Inuyasha blushed slightly, bowed and grumbled a "thankyou." He wasn't used to all these mushy formal scenes, but Shinji's genuine tone had still touched him on some level. He wanted to see him again. Even after Inuyasha had shown up and ruined his perfect vacation with his only daughter, even after he had kissed her, on stage, in front of all those people, Mr. Higurashi still didn't mind having the hanyou around. He felt strangely warm inside.

That said, Mr. Higurashi handed Inuyasha his ticket and told him to get going...

"You have to find a way to get to the other side of that door without being seen." Mr. Higurashi told him seriously, pointing at the customs entrance. "If you get caught, don't run, and don't fight. They have weapons that can kill you before you even see the attack coming. I'll be waiting here. If they see you, stop, look confused, and try showing them your ticket. Act like you don't understand... and maybe they'll lead you back to Kagome...in the worst case, they'll ground the planes and we'll have to try something else..."

Mr. Higurashi looked contemplative for a moment, while Inuyasha tried to take in everything he was saying. After a moment he sighed and gave him a smile, "You have about one hour, good luck."

*~*~*~*~*

Kagome fidgeted nervously in her seat on the aeroplane. Inuyasha had made it past the customs check but jumping up into the large air vent system that ran throughout the airport when no one looking. It was a good thirty feet up, but that was nothing for Inuyasha. Once inside, he had crawled his way over past the checkpoint and looked for a good place to jump out without being seen. Unfortunately, that place just happened to be the women's bathroom. After he had crawled out of the grate, a lady had come in, screamed, and attracted all sorts of airport security. Luckily, Kagome had been there, and shoved Inuyasha into the right bathroom before the guards could question him. They'd laughed at the "mixed up" tourist and gone on their way.

Even after all that however, they were not in the clear. Airlines still checked passports before allowing people to board their planes, and as previously stated, Inuyasha had none. He'd slipped in through the gate just after the flight crew before the check had started and hopefully, hidden himself on the plane well enough that they wouldn't see him.

However, as Kagome looked around her, she saw there weren't many places to hide. The bathrooms were out, she had checked all of those looking for him, the kitchens were super compact in every way, the over head compartments were open, and every place was crawling with people...where could he be? Her heart leapt as the possibilities hit her: with airport security, lost, or even worse, on the wrong plane! She tried to imagine Inuyasha stuck in Africa or some place by himself. No it couldn't happen, it couldn't!

"Oi, Kagome, where's you're manners? You walk right past me and don't even see me?"

She stared. There he was. Somehow, he had snuck past everything and sat down beside her so silently she hadn't heard him. She gaped..."Inuyasha, when did you...how did you?"

"Keh!" He crossed his arms and sat back in his seat. "Wasn't that hard. I couldn't hide on this plane, so I just waited in the hall until people started going through. Like I said, you walked right passed me without a word!"

She continued gaping. The hall, of course, the ramp to the plane. It was really, really long and wasn't patrolled. People walking down it probably wouldn't think anything of someone just sitting quietly to the side, or at least not enough to say something...

"Hello passengers. Thank you for choosing air Japan..."

"You made it!" She finally came out of her stupor as the aeroplane pulled away from the gate, and latched onto him like there was no tomorrow. He stiffened for a moment, before is expression softened and a blush crossed his face.

"Stupid. you're stuck with me now. You'll never be able to leave me behind anywhere, no matter how hard you try."

His voice was gruff, but much quieter than usual, and Kagome couldn't help but notice the seemingly discreet romance in his words. He'd never leave her, she was stuck with him, her mind went back to that kiss...

A voice cracked on the intercom...

"Starbord cross check. Everyone in their take off positions please..."

Inuyasha pulled away and looked puzzled. "Kagome, what does 'take off' mean? It'd better not be something hentai!"

Kagome laughed slightly, but who could blame him? Erotica calendars, lust demon statues, fertility charms, belly dancers... She didn't have time to answer though as the plane suddenly came to a stop, and the engines went quiet. The air was tense with expectation and Kagome realised they were at the end of the runway.

"Quick! Inuyasha, switch seats with me! And then put on your seat belt." Inuyasha didn't question the urgency in her tone as he took the seat beside the window and snapped the belt in place. The air began to pulse with power as a resonating hum filled the air and shook the plane. Inuyasha, caught completely off guard by this, went on alert and forgot to argue when Kagome jabbed a finger toward the window and told him to look!

Just then, the brakes let off, and the plane rushed forward, propelled by the already stoked engines. Inuyasha felt himself being pushed back into his seat as the world outside whipped passed him. Faster and faster it went, until he wasn't even sure if it was possible to be going so fast in something so big. And then the ground dropped away from them, and the bottom fell out of Inuyasha's stomach.

There was nothing holding them up!

Panic rushed into him so quickly he couldn't even breath. He was trapped. Trapped in this huge, oversized metal bird with nothing to prevent it from doing an about face and crashing nose first into city ground below. The city grew smaller, and smaller as they climbed higher and higher. If it suddenly fell, how would he protect Kagome when he wasn't even sure if he could survive himself.

"Wow! This is always my favourite part!"

He glanced over his shoulder to find Kagome there, pressing up against him in an effort to see out the window. She was warm against his back, and a smile was on her lips as her eyes glistened with wonder. Without looking at him she said...

"Look Inuyasha! There's the acropolis! And the monestary! Oh look! That's the harbour where we took the boat from!" She paused, "Isn't this wonderful?"

Inuyasha did a double take. He'd been so busy panicking that he hadn't noticed how high they had risen, but Kagome was right. There it was, the whole, huge city spread out below them like a glowing pink and shadowed labyrinth in the morning light. Suddenly, it all seemed so small, and completely unreal, and then his view went grey, and great wisps of smoky like mist were streaming past his window.

"!...clouds..." was a breathless whisper that escaped his throat. They were level with, no going right through and above the clouds! So this is what they were made of, smoke.

And then it struck him.

He was flying.

A thrill rushed through his body as all the makings of a smug, delighted grin filled his face. He was Inuyasha, and he was flying. Above all those other jerks, above the city, the buildings and the mountains and the clouds, above Kouga, and Naraku. Fuck, even the "Great Sesshoumaru" had never been this high up. A snicker, which could almost have been a giggle, escaped his mouth. He was flying.

"Inuyasha, let me see!!"

He snapped out of his reverie to peer back at Kagome, and only then realised that he had all but plastered his face to the window. Around them, people were slowly nodding off while one of the uniformed ladies served out coffee and other drinks. Inuyasha sighed as he realised how much this place resembled a room with chairs. It didn't even feel like flying. For all he cared, it could have been another extremely large car thing. He sighed and sat back in his chair, suddenly realising how tired he was...

"Oi, Kagome? How long until we land?"

"Hmm?" she replied sleepily "I dunno....eight hours..."

He watched her head roll sideways, and then fall off the seat completely, then snap back up onto the headrest again, only to start falling back off. He watched in confused wonder as she repeated this process several times before getting fed up and leaning in to her to tuck her head against his shoulder.

"Inuyasha, I'm glad you came..." She sighed slightly and drifted off to a peaceful slumber. Inuyasha raised his eyebrows in surprise for a few moment, before resting his head lightly on top of Kagome's, and soon joining her in sweet dreams of sunny vacations in modern Greece.

*~*~*~*~*

Hours later, after terrorising stewardesses, watching many, many cheesy third rate movies, and eating what seemed like poison, but was actually airline food...

....OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT....

The speaker on the plane had just informed them that they were soon going to be landing. Kagome had her ears plugged and was currently too busy trying to ease the pressure changes in her sinus cavity to talk. But Inuyasha had some major questions about landing, mainly, how?

They went lower, and Inuyasha wanted to scream. So fast! They were going so fast!! How could they stop? And the buildings... he suddenly felt sick!

"Inuyasha, aren't you're ears bothering you?"

Inuyasha made a sound like "gawk." Ears? What about his ears? How could she be worried about his ears! They were all gonna...

"I'm just saying... you're ears... are they ringing? Try swallowing or something. It helps relive the pressure..."

Pressure?!! They were going to crash!!!... ... "eh?"

No sooner had he finished that thought than the whole plane bumped and they were back on solid ground. He felt himself being pulled forward as they quickly slowed down and then, finally almost stopped.

He took a moment to let it sink in.

They were alive!! They had made it! Crossed half the world in only a few hours! These plane thing's were amazing...

...and for some reason, Inuyasha couldn't wait to get off!

*~*~*~*~*

He sprinted out the first exit he came across and out into the city to avoid going through customs. There, he waited for an hour while Kagome went through customs and gathered all her luggage. He was antsy the whole time, one single thought running through his head. "Almost there, almost there!"

He finally spotted Kagome, and took off, joining her inside the yellow cab thing that took them back to the shrine. The ride couldn't be over quick enough.

Once it was over he had to all but force himself not to run straight to the well and leap inside. Instead, he helped Kagome with her luggage and watched from the sacred tree while she greeted her family. They went inside, and Inuyasha finally made his way over to the well...

And suddenly, he wasn't so sure...

How would everyone would everyone react to his sudden re-appearance. Had they missed him? Had they even realised he was gone? If they had, were they worried?...Or ... happy?

Only one way to find out...

"Inuyasha!"

He spun around so quickly he almost fell over. Grabbing onto the lip of the well to steady himself, he turned and stared at... "Kagome?"

"Mama said I can go see everyone in the village before it gets dark. I think I owe them an apology, since I disappeared rather suddenly." She looked nervous, and rubbed the toe of her shoe in circles against the ground. She was back in her uniform, her large knapsack on her back, though not quite as full as usual.

Inuyasha nodded and picked her up by the loop on her backpack before dropping her, pack and all, into the well. Then he jumped in himself.

*~*~*~*~*

Coming out on the other side, a sudden feeling of immense relaxation jolted through him so fast it was startling. Everything was just as he knew it would be. The wind whispered through the trees, the air was moist and smelt of deep forests, and in the west the sun was just starting to slant, turning everything a shade of warm golden red.

He sighed.

He was safe now, if anything happened, he could sense it coming. He would understand, and he could deal with it, or have one of his friends help him. Not that he would ever need it, but it was nice to know they were there, just the same.

The was tugged gently out of his thoughts by a gentle hand being placed in his. Kagome...

"Come on Inuyasha! I can't wait to see everyone!"

And with that, they were heading back towards the village.

*~*~*~*~*

*A little while later, after explanations and apologies...*

"And this is for you Sango-chan, and this one's for Grandmother Kaede, and I think that's about it..."

Kagome looked around at her friends as they sat in their hut contemplating their unwrapped gifts.

"So, this came from halfway across the world?" Sango asked, still in disbelief.

"Uh huh. Go ahead, open it! Oh! And I got some pictures to show you." She bubbled. Inuyasha huffed at her from over in the corner of the room. Oh well, so much for a vacationing, care free Inuyasha. Kagome shook it off and turned back to her other friends, who were now, finally opening their gifts.

"Oh wow, Kagome! It's beautiful!" Sango gasped as she unveiled a white satin shawl, stitched in sparkly silver, pearl and pale gold embroidery.

"Isn't it!" Kagome jumped in eagerly, "That symbol stitched around the edge it the Greek symbol for immortality. And those are Greek vases." She pointed out the designs.

"Kagome-sama, this is an excellent rosary, and a very fine make, thank you!"

"Keh." Everyone turned, surprised as Inuyasha joined the conversation.

"Inuyasha, do you know something about this rosary?" Miroku asked, surprised that Inuyasha was willing to share...

"That's not a rosary, their called worry beads." Inuyasha jabbed an accusing finger at the silver and purple beaded chain in Miroku's hand. "It's like a toy to keep your hands busy, you perverted bozu. Kagome thought it might save you from getting smacked so often."

"Kagome-sama?"

"Eh-hehehe..."

"Oh, this is a wonderful gift Kagome." Kagome sighed as Kaede saved her by diverting her attention. "this vase will come in quite handy, but what is this inside of it?"

"Olive oil. The Greeks used it for everything from eating, to preserving food, to moisturising skin. They also exported it all over Europe for a lot of money."

Kaede hummed thoughtfully before bowing as best she could while sitting, and gravely saying "Thank you, Kagome, I will use this gift wisely."

"You're welcome, Grandmother Kaede, and now for Shippo...Shippo? Do you like you're...

She stopped as she saw the little Kitsune with his face planted in a small cardboard box on the floor, greedily eating away at his present. When he finally came up for air, his hands and face were plastered with honey and pastry flakes. "Kagome!! This stuff is the BEST! Where did you get it? Can I get more, huh, huh? Did you eat this while you were in 'Guri-su'? This is SO yummy!!"

Kagome laughed. "Actually, it was Inuyasha's idea to buy that for you. It was his favourite food while we were over there. It's called Baklava."

"Baka-lava" Shippo rolled the strange word off his tongue before glancing over at Inuyasha, "Inuyasha? Did you really get this for me??"

Inuyasha looked from the empty box, up to Shippo, and glared. "Only because I thought you'd share you greedy pig!" He snapped. Within seconds the chase was on, until Shippo suddenly jumped into Kagome's arms and started to bawl. Kagome glared at Inuyasha and he instantly backed off.

"Really Inuyasha, you're acting like a little kid."

Inuyasha gave her one last glare before stomping back over to his corner and sitting down in a huff. Kagome suddenly brightened.

"Alright! Now let's look at the pictures! I can't wait to see these, I just got them back from the developer, they haven't even been opened yet!"

The group, having been exposed to "pictures" before, all crowded around behind Kagome. Anxiously waiting.

"Ah! Here we are, this was take from the plane on the way over. At the time, I had no Idea that Inuyasha...."

*~*~*~*~*

It didn't take Shippo too long before he got bored and leapt off of Kagome's shoulder to investigate the piles of photos on his own. Most of them seemed to have been taken by Kagome's father, although some of them were also done by Kagome, and even a very few rather crummy ones taken by Inuyasha. Shippo sifted through them quickly as he could.

Kagome beside some white rock, Kagome with some food, Kagome and Inuyasha in some sort of carriage, fast a sleep together...

...Wait a minute...

Kagome riding on a donkey, Kagome in front of some city, Kagome's dad and Inuyasha at a table, Kagome and Inuyasha from behind, casually holding hands...

...nah, must be the angle...fools the eyes...

Kagome and Inuyasha in a field of flowers, Kagome and her father by a statue, Kagome and Inuyasha hugging on a boat...

...Noooo, must be some kind of mistake. Maybe it was an accident, that's right, an accident.

Some fruit in a weird costume, more pictures of food, a building, some people on stage dancing, a half naked woman on a stage (Oh, better not show Miroku this one.) Kagome about to kiss some guy, Inuyasha looking angry, Kagome and Inuyasha ... ... ...

... ... ...

...Oh. this could be fun...

Shippo let out a strangled squeak. "EWWWWW! GROSSS!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY KISSED HIM KAGOME!! YOU KISSED INUYASHA!!"

Every one was still as stone for exactly three seconds.

Inuyasha's head shot up. He paled. Kagome's eyes went the size of saucers. Sango and Miroku just looked at each other, before turning to the Kitsune....

"GIVE ME THAT!!"

There was a mad dive for the photograph as Shippo raced for the entrance of the hut as fast as his little legs could carry him. There, he paused for a moment before spinning around to face the heap of struggling teenagers and gloated.

"Nyaa!" he teased, "It's mine now! And guess what! I'm gonna show it to the whooole village, and there's nothing you can do about it!!"

In the last second, he flashed the photo, just long enough for the other's to get a good look.

There, frozen in time, was Kagome and Inuyasha, their bodies bent almost double, him branding her lips with his own, in a very real, very passionate,

first kiss...

*~*~*~*~*

The End!

*~*~*~*~*

AN: Okay, so no one had any time whatsoever to develop the photos, but that was just for fun. I tried to make the plane and airport stuff as real as possible, and I know you're all thinking how naive I am, but I had to get him back to Japan somehow, unless Rumikio Takahashi starts taking a sudden liking to Inu-world-travel.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it Until next time....

Chris-san

P.S: As Always, review and tell me what you're favourite part was and why. Thanks.