InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Iridescent Horizon ❯ The Color of a Blood Red Rose ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If you want a disclaimer go the previous chapters and read the one I typed there. Ok, so please leave me alone on that particular note!

Authors Note: Sorry for leaving a cliffhanger in the last chapter. I just couldn't help myself. I had to leave it there to keep all my readers on edge… Well here's the long awaited chapter eight!!!

Chapter 8: The Color of a Blood Red Rose

Kagome became so stiff she thought that if she moved one inch her back would snap like a twig. As if someone and rammed steel poll through her back and made sure it wasn't coming out any time soon. With thousand of thoughts skimming through her head she desperately try to tamp down the blush that threatened to rise and settle on her cheeks.

With slow and graceful movements Sesshomaru steadily braced his hands on the floor on either side of Kagome's body and raised himself up and off the very shocked human underneath him.

With the kind of control he had he managed to keep a straight face when all he really wanted to do was crawl under a rock from embarrassment and cringe in on him self and blush like mad. Quickly thinking of a way to occupy him self he walked over to the other side of the dojo to retrieve their abandoned weapons that lay carelessly on the hard wood floor. Turning around he found Kagome straightening her attire, tugging it back into arrangement when it was moved during their accidental `fall'.

Gently pushing herself off the floor and shaking her head to dispel of any remaining embarrassing thoughts she gently took back her given weapon that was offered to her by a silent lord. After a few hours of learning the proper defensive positions they began to work on the offensive attacks that were sure to hit their opponent and leave some damage.

After being worn out by practicing the movements then performing them for her instructor until they were executed perfectly without fault the first agonizing day of training had come to an end.

Kagome had gone back to her room to change bathe and go to the library where Rin was patiently waiting for her so that they could begin their first lesson on proper grammar and etiquette.

At the moment Kagome was sitting on a bench in the courtyard of the castle surrounded by flowers of all kinds and thinking back on the events of the day. She had not seen Sesshomaru for the remainder of the day. Figuring he had very lordly things that needed to be taken care of. He had locked him self in his study and did not emerge until suppertime.

"Kagome nii-chan?" came Rin's hesitant voice.

"Yes, what is it Rin-chan?" Kagome looked inquiringly at the small child seated next to her.

"Can Rin and Kagome-chan go pick flowers?" was Rin's request.

"Kagome and I…" Kagome corrected giving an almost stern look at the child.

"Forgive me, can Kagome and `I' go pick flowers?" Rin corrected her speech.

"Well Rin-chan that's all up to Sesshomaru-sama to decide. You must ask him for permission and if he says yes then I'll go pock flowers with you, ok?" said Kagome while looking over at the Demon Lord at the other end of the table.

Sesshoamru glanced at first toward Kagome and then at this ward and gave a nod of approval. He obviously heard their conversation through high-scaled hearing.

Rin gave a high-pitched squeal and nearly dashed out the door, but not before she grabbed a hold of Kagome's hand and dragged her along.

"Whoa Rin-chan! Slow down!!!" Kagome gave an exasperated request.

A soon as they exited the confines of the palace Rin let go of Kagome's hand and dashed to the awaiting flowers.

Kagome looked around and noticed a small bush of blood red roses. Being drawn to the bush by the brilliant colors of each and every rose.

Reaching out she grasped one of the roses stems planning on pulling it off when…

"Ouch!" cried Kagome.

The rose that she had picked fell to the ground while Kagome cradled her punctured finger in her hand. A small trickle of blood ran down the length of her finger.

" I really should be more careful." Sighed Kagome.

Unknown to her someone was watching her from a high balcony. Amber eyes gazed down upon the raven-haired beauty.

"You know, this is like the snow white story without the night is shining armor and the sleeping spell." Said Kagome.

"Kagome!"

Kagome looked over her shoulder to find Rin and Shippo running towards her. Turning around with a big smile on her face, she stuck her bloodied finger behind her back.

"Yes Shippo, Rin?" Kagome inquired.

"Why can I smell your blood?"

"I was picking flowers with Rin-chan when I smelled a small amount of your blood. Are you ok? Or is there something wrong?" Shippo looked ay his surrogate mother with worried eyes.

"Oh nothing Shippo, I just pricked my finger on a really, really sharp thorn. That's all!" Kagome assured Shippo with a wide grin.

"Oh, well… are you sure your ok?" asked Shippo again.

"Yes! I'm fine… now go run along and play some more before you have to go in." Suggested Kagome with a raised eyebrow.

"Ok!" Shouted Rin and Shippo simultaneously.

Turning around Kagome stuck her finger in her mouth and sucked the blood that clung to her skin.

When Sesshomaru saw her convince the children that she was all right. As soon as they headed back the way they came he saw her put her finger in her mouth and suck on it.

As soon as she stuck her finger in her mouth searing hot wave of heat lanced throughout his body.

I will and can not,! let this arrogant, demanding, stuck-up, long legged…NO!!! This is getting really ridiculous! I don't know what kind of spell she has put on me, but I will not succumb to this kind of scrutiny.

Sesshomaru gave himself a mental slapan turned away from the window and resumed on the paper work that was stacked several piles high on his mahogany desk.

He sat down and began to set his mind on lordly things and attempted to erase all memories of the gorgeous miko in the gardens below.

"Shippo! Rin!" called Kagome.

"Coming!" yelled Rin and Shippo in response.

All of the sudden Kagome felt herself go dizzy. The world and scenery around her began to spin and become fuzzy right before she blacked out.

"No! Kagome!" screamed Shippo.

Shippo ran over to Kagome and began to paw at her face trying to wake her up.

"No, Kagome… What's wrong with her she won't wake up." Sobbed Shippo.

"Why isn't Kagome moving?" was Rin's hiccupping voice as tears streamed down her face.

"I don't know Rin. I don't know." Said Shippo as a teal slipped it's way down his face.

"What happened to the miko?" came a cold stoic voice.

"Sesshomaru…she just collapsed.." was Shippo's reply.

"Will Kagome nii-chan be all right Sesshomaru-sama?" Rin asked while wiping away tears that were just replaced with fresh ones."

"Stop crying Rin she will be all right."

I hope…Wait! Why should I care about this humans well being, but she could prove useful. Well I guess I'll find out what is wrong with her for Rin. Though Sesshomaru using Rin as an excuse to cover how worried for the human he really was.

Using absolutely no strength what so ever he lifted the miko into his arms and walked back into the castle into her room and ordered one of the servants to get a healer.

As he place her body on the silken sheets of her bed her creamy beige face was a stark contrast to her raven colored hair.

Within several minutes an old healer arrived and Sesshomaru exited the room unitl the healer told him what was wrong with her.

But he did not know what news he would encounter once the origin her sickness was revealed. He would have to search not to the ends of the world but to the deepest parts of his heart and soul. That is…if he's willing to accept his fate.

Authors Note: Forgive me for getting this chapter up later than I expected. I ran into several complications that have prevented me from posting it as planned. I also ask that you forgive me for this cliff hanger it's something that I am known for. ^.^ until chapter 9!!!… to be continued……..

Mediaminer.org Reviewer(s):

Lira: Thank you so much for you review. I have to give you a lot of credit because you were one of the very few people that inspire me to write. I thank you again and for your sake here's chapter 8! And I agree about Sess/Kag fanfics!!! ^.^

Silver Angel Love: Thank you so much Marla for all of your support. You're the best! I'll see you at school!!!

ladybowwow: Thank you for your nice review I hope you will continue to read my fanfic. As I said before my faithful readers are my inspiration.

Hanna: lil' cousin…*sigh* I know this was your forst time reviewing but next time atleast write something….please… But I thank you for the review anyway! Luv ya's! See ya at school!