InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It All Ends for Reasons ❯ Shared Feelings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: YAY!!! This is my first fic. YAY!!!

Disclaimer: Don't own Inu-Yasha *depressness*

Chapter One - Shared Feelings

Finally. It was the moment they have all been waiting for. They all knew that this day would come. They all knew that they had to face…Naraku.

Inu-Yasha and his gang had finally collected all the shards that Naraku had not yet possessed. Now it was time to gather the rest. At last, they were there. The dark fortress was there, there on top of the hill glooming down. The hill in which they would die or venture out victorious.

The fortress gloomed down at them. It was as if, as if it was alive. As if it was expecting them. But…they all knew that they had to get those shards back…for the world, the world depended on it.

They finally reached the foot of the enormous hill. Kagome was very tired as was the rest of them. The young warriors have been traveling non stop since they left the village about 5 days ago. Shippo was asleep in the basket of Kagome's bicycle, snuggled in with Kirara. Kagome was walking with her bike beside her. Of course, Inu-Yasha was in front as always, hopping from tree to tree before they left the forest to the prairies. Miroku and Sango followed not far behind. Everyone was tired and worried about what would happen. And even if they were to survive, what would they do afterwards. What about the Jewel of Four Souls, the Shikon Jewel.

No one spoke since they saw the fortress. No one at all. Everyone just looked a little bit of both frustration and relieved. It seemed that their goal was almost done, almost completed. Their journeys together, coming to an end. Everyone…going their separate ways again.

And then, Kagome opened the first words, "Let's camp out here tonight. At the foot of the hill. No point in going to fight while we're all tired." Kagome tried to sound cheerful, but nothing worked. The group was tired and depressed. They all nodded in agreement, even Inu-Yasha. With that, they all set up camp for the night. But still, no one spoke, not a sound.

Kagome tossed around in her sleeping bag. She couldn't sleep, especially with thoughts flooding her mind. Also, because the final fight was in a few hours. She was sweating from fear. Kagome was worried, worried for herself, worried for her friends, and…worried for Inu-Yasha. She looked up to the stars, in hope that it would comfort her a bit.

What am I going to do? Tomorrow it will finally all be over. We…we could…No. Stop Kagome. Stop thinking that way. We're all going to be fine. We're going to win. There's no way we could lose. Kagome tried to calm herself from thinking too hard. But even so, there was still that one part of her that was afraid, afraid of what might happen tomorrow, that one side that was full of it, full of doubt. Don't worry Kagome. We'll be okay. Inu-Yasha will save us. Oh no! Inu-Yasha!

Kagome got up and walked slowly to the stump of the tree. Inu-Yasha didn't look like he could sleep either. What now? It all happened so fast. Tomorrow it will finally all be over. Do I…do I…The Shikon Jewel. The one that started this all. I…I want to become a full-fledged demon…or a human? I…I don't know anymore. What do I do? I…I'm not sure…I…

"Hey, Inu-Yasha. Can't sleep either." Kagome still tried to sound cherry, but anyone could have seen right through her mask. You could see her frustrations, her feelings. Inu-Yasha didn't respond, he knew how she felt, so confused, not knowing what to do anymore. Instead, he jumped down to join her as she walked slowly toward the river.

They didn't speak, they already knew how each other felt. But after a while, Inu-Yasha surprisingly spoke. "Hey…um…Kagome."

Taken by the statement, Kagome was quiet for a moment, then she replied. "Y-yes, Inu-Yasha."

"You should go home. I mean, if you're scared and all."

"Inu-Yasha…I…I'm not scared at all."

Inu-Yasha grabbed Kagome by the shoulders, looking her directly in the eye, "KAGOME! Don't be stupid! You're just going to get KILLED! And I…I can't…I can't see you die. I can't see another person that…that I care for…I can't see you die." Inu-Yasha faded off at the end. He stopped and looked away. Tears were in his eyes. He looked at Kagome and then he walked away and jumped back up the tree.

Kagome was confused. She didn't know what to say. She was astonished. Kagome walked back to the camp site and sat on her sleeping bag, her arms around her knees. She thought, thought about what had just happened. She fell back, closed her eyes, and tried to get some sleep. Kagome didn't want to think too hard on it.

It was just a dream. Nothing happened. He didn't say that. I…I should stay…or go. I… Oh, Inu-Yasha…

A/N: Please review, k? ok, so anywayz…ooh…BUNNIES!!!