InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's in the air ❯ chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: no I don't own Inuyasha….but I wanna! I wannna!

*sounds*

"words"

`thoughts'

"Inuyasha I'll be back in a few days!" she yelled behind her while running as fast as she could to the well. "WHAT?!" he yelled somewhere in the forest.

She had a plan this time, she would get close to the well and yell her idea then run. Inuyasha with his sensitive hearing heard it easily. "Come back here wretch!" he yelled. She could tell that he was closer than before so she tried to run faster. She got closer and saw the well. "Yes!" she said in triumph. She was almost there…..just a few more feet.

Suddenly she ran into a wall of soft muscle. He stood in front of her scowling. "And WHERE do you think YOUR going?!" he snarled "ummm well…you see……OMI-GOSH LOOK AT THAT!" she pointed up. His head swiveled up searching the sky for the danger. "Where? I don't see anyth….." she was gone.

He looked behind him and she was on the edge of the well. "Oldest trick in the book….honestly" she jumped in "Kagome!" he yelled running to the edge of the well "You stupid wretch you cheated!" he saw her smile up at him and laugh right before she was engulfed in a purple light and was gone. "Grrrr" he growled as he slumped next to the well, pouting.

***********************************************

Kagome climbed out of the well and ran toward her house. She had a smile plastered on her face. `mabey he'll actually let me stay a few days this time.' She thought as she dropped her bag on the table with a *klunk*. There was a note on the counter.


Kagome, we are staying at Aunt Joey's for a few weeks. I bought you LOTS of supplies before we left so you don't have to worry. We'll be back soon so have fun! Love Mom, Sota and Grandpa

Kagome stared at the note for a minute, then hit her forehead with her palm. "Of course! Summer vacation started while I was in the Feudal Era! Duh Kagome!" she let that information sink in `If it's summer vacation then I have no school! …OK that can be good…and bad. On one hand I get a lot of free time to myself, as long as Inuyasha doesn't find out, and on the other hand it's just one more reason for me to stay in the feudal era even longer….hmmm' "Grrrr so frustrating! I'm just going to take a bath and think about it later" she said throwing her hands in the air.

*CHEEEEEEEEEE* Warm water flowed into the bath as Kagome slipped off her garments. The tile is cold to her bare feet as she slips a long slender leg into the water.

**************************************

Inuyasha climbs out of the well and starts walking up the steps to the house, mumbling about Kagome taking to long and how it's already dark out.

`Why does she always have to leave? Doesn't she like it in my time? What's so good about this era anyway?' he thinks as he looks around `Everytime she leaves I feel so…..alone…' He looks at his feet as he climbs the steps.

He was already aware of his feelings toward Kagome, but every time he tried to tell her, he always screwed it up in some way and she'd leave him to go to her time…leaving him with that empty feeling.

He slides open the door and Kagome's scent is everywhere. He takes a deep breath, enjoying the gentle fragrance and sees Kagome's bag on the table. `Well at least she's still here and not out with that Hobo guy' he thought to himself with a scowl.

A little piece of paper on the floor caught his eye. He bent over and picked it up. His eyes scanned the little piece of paper and the smile grew on his face with every word. His head shot up when he finished.

`Kagome has the whole summer off! Yes! Here's my chance! I'll convince her to stay in the feudal era and become my mat..' His thoughts cut off abruptly `When did THAT become my objective?!…what about the Shikon no Tama? Do I even need it any more? I don't really care about becoming a demon or a human anymore because Kagome accepts me as I am …Kagome..'

His thoughts are cut short as he hears a moan coming from upstairs "Kagome..?" he says softly. He quietly walks up the stairs.

********************************

"Mmmm…… this water feels so good.." moaned Kagome. She had been tired and dirty for a while now and it was wonderful to get a nice bath. Her thoughts drifted.

`I wonder what Inuyasha is doing right now? Ack! What am I thinking? I came here to get away from all that….but I do have to admit…I kinda miss him…….I wonder what he'd say if I came back early?'

***Dream sequence ****

Kagome hops out of the well and sees Inuyasha in a nearby tree. "Inuyasha I'm back!" she yells to him. He jumps out of the tree and runs over to her. "Kagome! Your back early! I missed you" Kagome blushes "You did?" she asks "Yes of course! Where would I be without my Kagome?" he says softly as he pulls her into an embrace. "Oh Inuyasha…"

****End of dream sequence ****

"Mmmm" she sighs "If only……..but Inuyasha would never do that….at least not with me……." Her sad face turns angry "That jerk!" she says. She let's out a sigh `oh well…at least I can dream..' she closes her eyes tightly and takes a deep breath then goes under the water.

*****************************

Inuyasha makes it to the top step and hears some faint mummering from inside the bathroom, then complete silence. "Kagome? Are you in there?" he asks while knocking softly. No response. "Kagome" he says louder `Why won't she answer me?….mabey she hit her head or fell asleep and is drowning!' dawning comes over his face. "KAGOME!" he yells opening the door and charging in.

Kagome hears her name being called from under the water and sits up. Their eyes lock and Inuyasha turns a bright red color, his eyes running over her body. Kagome's eyes go from confused to embarrassed to furious.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!" she screams "You PERVERT! You peeking tom! GET OUT! GET OUT!" she yells while throwing everything within her reach at him. Inuyasha ducks as he runs out of the bathroom yelling "sorry sorry ouch sorry" He ran out with a big, goofy smile on his face.

He saw something he wasn't supposed to see. " heh heh…" he chuckled while sitting down on the couch.

`Wow….her skin looked so soft with that red tint…' he hit himself on the head "No! I can't think dirty thoughts at a time like this. Kagome is going to be SO pissed off at me. I probably won't be able to stand for a week…" he said `but…at least it was worth it..heh heh.' He smiled `so beautiful….my Kagome..'

***********************************

Kagome sat in the water her arms around her shoulders, blushing crimson. `Ahhh! Why in the seven hells did he come in here!' she blinked noticing she cursed Inuyasha's saying `well when desperate times…anyways… how can I face him now! Eek! I can't! THAT PERVERT!'

she stood up and wrapped her towel around her. "That peeking tom.. if he is going to be like that , then I'll just leave for the Feudal Era without him!…jerk.." she said while drying her hair. She started to put on her school uniform but thought better of it. So she put on her robe, and ran to her room as fast as she could. On her way there she caught a glimpse of Inuyasha on the couch … LAUGHING!

When she got into the safety of her room she went to her closet and found a more summer like clothing. She pulled out a light pink tank top, and a tan skirt (same as uniform skirt, except tan colored). She slid the top over her head and slid the skirt on and brushed a hand threw her hair.

"Grrr…I can't believe him" she mumered as she opened her door and peeked out. She stepped out quietly and started to walk down the stairs her face annoyed. His head turned toward her and she tried to ignore him the best she could. "Feh" she heard him say as he turned with a slight blush on his face. She rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen, Inuyasha following close behind.

She started packing instant noodles into the bag as Inuyasha sat in the chair with his nose in the air looking off somewhere. He glanced over at her, his thoughts drifting as his eyes unintentiously rolled over her body

`her skin was so pink..probly from the hot water…and those curves…water running down her pink curvy skin…ack!' he shook the blush off his face along with the traveling thoughts.

Kagome finished packing and walked toward the door turning to look at Inuyasha who was still in the chair looking off somewhere. `he is probably thinking about…' "Sit" she said casually as he hit the floor with a thud. After a moment he got up and followed her out the door, grumbling.

As they were walking to the well Inuyasha was getting frustrated with the awkward silence, and her being mad. "Kagome…I..I'm sorry about walking in on you…it's just when I called you …you didn't answer….soooo I thought something bad happened.." she turned to face him "So I wanted to make sure you were ok.." he said his voice getting softer.

Kagome's eyes softened as she listened to this confession. "S-sorry.." he said with some difficulty, his ears flat against his head. Kagome reached up and twicked his ear playfully and said " It's ok.. I'll let it slide THIS time.." she said softly, turning toward the well. He smiled and followed her to the Feudal Era.

**************************

Inuyasha jumped out of the well, Kagome in his arms. He set her down as they heard a familiar screaming coming towards them rapidly.

"Kagomeeeeeee!!!" yelled a high pitched voice, as Shippo came into view. He jumped into Kagome's open arms and snuggled against her chest.

"Kagome I missed you!!" he said enthusiastically. She smiled sweetly and began walking. "Oh Shippo I brought you a treat!" She reached into her pocket and pulled out a mini chocolate. He took it out of her hand and plopped it into his mouth gratefully.

Inuyasha rolled his eyes trying to ignore the constant jabbering of the duo.

As they made their way towards Kadae's hut they heard a loud yelp and the crash that followed. Miroku walked out rubbing his throbbing head, followed by a fuming Sango. His face brightened when he saw Kagome. "Why hello lady Kagome. Welcome back!" he walked up to give her a hug but was stopped by a glaring hanyou. "Don't even think it monk!" he said protectively and walked past him. Kagome sweat dropped and walked past Miroku untouched.

****************************************

Everyone was sitting around the fire. Kagome had brought some hotdogs from the future and they were roasting them outside.

"Mmmm! Kagome can I have another! I love em!!!" Shippo said, puppy dog eyes wide. "Of course Shippo-chan" she said sweetly.

"Feh" she heard from across the fire, where Inuyasha was sitting. Kagome rolled her eyes and ignored it. As she was putting the juicy hotdog into its bun she felt something in the back of her mind. She figured it was nothing so tried to ignore it, but as time passed the feeling grew stronger and she recognized it. Her head turned quickly in the direction of the force, and she stood up.

Inuyasha looked up from a mouthful of food and asked "What's wrong Kagome?" she didn't look at him as she answered "Shikon shards…coming fast" he jumped up at that "How close?" he asked his hand reaching for his sword "Too close.." she whispered.

Just then from all directions sprouted out spots of lights, like fireflies, all around. "Feh this is what you were worried about?" he asked looking annoyed. Kagome was still looking into the forest, not answering Inuyasha.

He glanced to where she was looking, then did a double take as glowing yellow eyes stared back and him. The eyes weren't big, they were normal size, they just looked abnormal. Just as Inuyasha reached for his sword the lights all seemed to pop and chibi green things stood in their place.

Shippo's eyes got big as he yelped "Eeek! Forest sprites!" Kagome turned to look at him "Forest sprites?" just then more creepy looking eyes appeared in the brush. One of the pairs of eyes seemed to get closer and something walked out of the shadows into the firelight

Sango and Miroku gasped "It's a Neko-demon!" Inuyasha got in front of Kagome protectively, his sword out now, and mummered "Great! Forest sprites and cat-demons! That's just great!"

The neko-demon smiled cruelly, her sharp white teeth glittering. "Inuyasha she has five shards! One in each arm and leg then one in her forehead" she whispered to Inuyasha.

He nodded as more of the neko-demons came into view. There was seven in all. Their nails were glowing a deadly green color, but the one that stepped out first, probably the leader, had deep purple glowing nails.

"Hand over your shards weaklings! Bow down to the almighty Ashkia!!" she yelled into the night, getting an approving yell from her companions. "You have no chance" she said as she smiled arrogantly

"That's big talk for a piece of cat shit!" Inuyasha said in return. She frowned disapprovingly her eyes narrowing as the neko's and sprites started to growl menacingly. She turned her head to one of the sprites and nodded. It shot forward and knocked Shippo in the back of the head, knocking him out. Vines began to sprout out of the ground, enveloping him.

"Shippo-chan!!" Kagome yelled rushing forward. A neko-demon jumped in front of her and growled. She slowly backed away, going back to Inuyasha.

"Hand them over now or we will attack!" she said, her smile back. "No chance bitch" Inuyasha said as she took a step forward. "Fine if that's how you want it…ATTACK!!" she yelled, sprites and neko's alike rushing forward.

Inuyasha pushed Kagome out of the line of fire as he pulled up his sword up to block a pair of sharp green nails. Kagome sat there watching the carnage. Sango was ripping threw the sprites with ease but was having trouble with the neko's. Miroku was held in the air by vines trying to get free while fighting off the neko's. Inuyasha was ripping threw most of it with ease but looked tired. Shippo was still unconscious and tied up in vines.

Kagome's head turned to where the head neko was. She was just standing there…smiling. Kagome's eyes narrowed as she reached for her arrows. She aimed at the unknowing leader and shot. It hit her shoulder, the impact knocking her to the ground. She sat up an unflinchingly pulled out the arrow her hands burning from its purifying power. She glared daggers at the young miko and snapped her fingers.

All the nekos stopped what they were doing and charged toward Kagome. Her eyes went wide and she pulled out more arrows. Inuyasha tried to rush to her side, as did Miroku and Sango, but the sprites did their part by ganging up on them and holding them back. The nekos were on her so fast she didn't have a chance to scream.