InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's in the air ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Disclaimer: no…I don't own Inuyasha…sigh….but I wanna!!! I wanna!!

The nekos ganged up on poor Kagome, biting her and hitting her to what seemed like no end, while round red eyes watched the scene. Inuyasha was furious, screaming at the nekos and sprites to get the f*ck off her and stop what they were doing to Kagome. He couldn't take much more of this, he was losing control.

Ashkia was watching this amusing scene play out, her toothy smile glittering in the firelight, the group trying to get to the girl with no avail. She snapped her manicured fingers again and the nekos stopped, moving to let her through.

She walked hauntingly slow toward Kagome, in only the way a cat could, the red eyes narrowed. Inuyasha was still yelling in the background "Get the f*ck away from her cat shit!"

When she got to the bleeding, battered girl she slapped her face, then whispered to her. "You desurve this you know..you little bitch…striking the soon to be queen of the new neko/sprite alliance. How dare you." She grabbed a chunk of Kagome's hair, and looked behind her sholder at the struggling hanyou and smiled. "Is this your sex toy halfbreed? Hmm? Well mabey after a little persuading we can come to a deal with the shards?" She smiled evily and looked at a sprite.

Just as he was yelling that she could have the damn shards a vine went over his mouth before he could answer. She wagged her finger in a `no' way and said visiously "No no, we can't have you answer to quickly…that wouldn't be any fun..now would it."

She turned back to the young miko and slapped her again. "Are you Inuyasha's bitch girl? How could you bring yourself so low as to sleep with that bastard?"

She turned Kagome around and looked at her glowing purple nails. "This is for that arrow you little wretch." She pushed her nails into Kagome's back and slowly slid her hand down, getting deeper and deeper, giving time to let the poison sink in. Kagome's eyes squeezed shut in pain as she tried to scream, but the nekos wouldn't let her.

That's when Inuyasha snapped completely. Ashika was enjoying herself, when behind her came a vicious roar. As she turned her head she saw pieces of vines and sprites being thrown everywhere. Her feline eyes grew wide in horror as Inuyasha pumled threw the nekos, and sprites, tearing them to bits. He was more than furious, he was enraged, and she was the center of that rage.

Before she could blink she was in a world of pain as his fist collided with her face. He plowed into her as other nekos scratched uselessly at his backside, trying to save their queen.

Just then Inuyasha heard a pained yelp from Kagome, behind him "Stupid bitch! This is all your fault!" he growled and started to turn around to kill the bitch who had dared to touch Kagome, but Ashika grabbed some of his hair and said in a low dangurous tone "You think I'll give up that easily? Think again halfbreed!" her claws ripped across his face as she high kicked him it the stomach, sending him flying. He skidded across the hard ground face first a few feet away. "INUYASHA!!" Kagome yelled just as unconsiusness was upon her, tears running down her face.

Sango, and Miroku watched the scene in horror. Sango was cradling an uncounsious Shippo in her arms. Suddenly a ball of power from one of the sprites was heading for an unknowing Sango. Miroku's head turned to see the light and he jumped in front of Sango, protecting her. Sango looked just in time to see Miroku fall toward the ground with a sickening thud. "Mi….Miro..MIROKU!!" she yelled as she gathered him up in her arms tightly, and cried. Kirara jumped in front of them and kept them safe from any sprites, a soft look on her face.

Meanwhile Inuyasha and Ashika were in the heat of battle. Ashika cried out in anguish as she took a hit in the side, blood shooting from her wound. She rolled to the ground, curling up for a moment, then pouncing onto Inuyasha in rage. He shoved her off forcfully and slashed at her with his sword. She then back-flipped to avaid his attack.

Inuyasha's breaths were coming out in short pants his head swimming, adrenaline running threw his veins. Ashkia was in a similar state, blood dripped from her mouth and onto the ground as she wiped it away. She stood to her full height and started to laugh. Inuyashas eyebrow raised as he gave her a look of confusion.

"Ahaha you stupid halfbreed! You have no idea what you just got yourself into! The neko poison is sinking into your bloodstream making you weaker and weaker until you die! Unfortionatly for your bitch she took a full blow of the most powerful poison…mine…she won't live for much longer." She started to laugh again as Inuyasha's head turned to where Kagome lay. His eyes grew wide the angry, he turned back to Ashkia as she gave a whistle and what was left of her group fled to the forest. "Goodbye Inuyasha..we'll be back…" was all he heard as he ran back to Kagome.

He very gentely lifted her head and examined her face, she was getting pale. He looked over to where Sango and Miroku were. Sango had Miroku on Kirara with tears on her face. Inuyasha carefully picked Kagome up.

"Sango we must get them to Kaede." Sango jumped on Kirara and flew off in the directon of the village. Inuyasha looked down at Kagome, pulled her close and ran as fast as he could to the old hut.

**********

Kagomes breathing had shallowed and her face was white as a sheet. She layed on a futon in a small room located in the hut. Herbs and potions were spread all around.

Inuyasha was sitting next to Kagome's sleeping form, a worried look on his face. "Kaede will Kagome be alright?!" he said for the 5th time that night. "Again Inuyasha I say, I'm new to this poison and I'm doing the best I can" Suddenly a cough racked threw Kagomes body and worried Inuyasha even more if possible. "Ka…Kagome.." Inuyasha whispered. Inuyasha stood up and steped out of the hut. He couldn't bear to see Kagome like this.

Shippo jumped onto Inuyasha "What's the matter with Kagome!" When Shippo woke up he had jumped onto Kagome making Inuyasha furious, Shippo wasn't aloud to go inside until Kagome was feeling better. Inuyasha patted the little kitsune on the head.

"Kagome-sama will be alright Shippo-chan." stated Miroku whos injuries weren't bad, a few bandages and herbs and he was fine. He sat near a shrine that was next to the hut.

"But Kagome looked sick!" wailed Shippo, tears pricking his vision. Kaede steped out among them and motioned for Inuyasha to step inside. He looked up at the crecent moon one last time and followed Kaede into the hut.

As he stepped in a sudden smell met his nose, the smell of sickness….the kind of sickness that you don't recover from. He worriedly looked to Kagome who was even paler than before. How had she gotton this much worse in that short amout of time?

"Inuyasha I did find out that this poison increses the sickness time….I'm sorry to say that Kagome…..will die." Inuyasha was shocked beond belief. His Kagome, the one who he ate with, watched over while she was asleep, loved……she was going to….die. "Nooo! I will NOT let this happen!"

He ran to Kagome's side in a split second, he was afraid to touch her, afriad that if he did something wrong she would brake, like a china doll. Her breaths were labored and she was getting whiter by the minute. A tear slid down Inuyasha's cheek, he hadn't cried in 50 years, and now this girl lying before him broke all his barriars. She broke threw all the masks without even trying…..she was…his happieness..

"Kaede! You must save Kagome! I'll do anything, I'll go any distance! Please just save her!" he pleaded. Kaede had a look on her face that said she was in deep thought, after what seemed like hours she mumered something and looked straight at Inuyasha. "Inuyasha there is one way that we can save her but it will be risky, and she might not like this outcome."

His face brightened consideratibly "Really! Yes! Ok what do we have to do?!" "Go get Sango" Sango was standing in front of Kaede before she knew what was happening. "Am I needed for something Kaede?" a confused Sango asked.

"Quickly child I need you to gather a few herbs from nearby for Kagome. We need Moonleafs, Chixia, and a lot of Havorgores." She said quickly. Sango immedetly ran out the door and into the forest for the herbs. Kagome suddenly let out a moan and shifted a little. Inuyasha turned his worried eyes toward her. "Tell me baba! What do I need to do?!" she walked over to her supplys and took a vile from the mist of it.

Miroku walked in with Shippo on his sholder wondering what was happening because he had seen Sango go in and leave running. "Is there anything I can do Kaede-sama?" he turned to he for a response. "Yes Miroku heat up some water for me." Miroku got on his knees and started building a fire. Shippo knowing that Kagome needed him and also knowing they had no water ran with a bucket to get some.

"Inuyasha this may sound strange but I need you to fill this vile up with your blood." He didn't need to be told twice, he cut a slit into his arm and let the blood slowly drip into the vile. Sango burst in with a armful of herbs, she walked over to the table and gently set them down. Shippo had gotten back and was carefully watching over Kagome from a safe distance, any closer and Inuyasha would trow him out.

The water was boiling and Kaede crushed the herbs and added them into the water. She let it sit for a while then took the now full vile from Inuyasha. She took out a smaller bowl and dripped some of the contents of the water into the bowl. She took one of her tools and slowly crushed the plants, every once in a while adding some water or some of Inuyasha's blood.

Inuyasha watched her impatiently shooting worried glances in Kagomes general direction. "Inuyasha hand me that purple bottle." He complied instantly. She poured the contents of the bowl into a clean vile and shook it a little and walked over toward Kagome.

Inuyasha dabbed Kagomes head with a towel and lifted Kagomes head up while softly stroking her cheek. Miroku's eyebrows raised as he watched this display of affection. "hmmn…interesting…." He pondered.

Kaede got close enough with the forgien liquid and Inuyasha flinched at the horrid smell of the bubbling purple meadicine. His grip tighted on Kagome for a second before he lifted her so that she may drink. It went sluggishly down her throat she flinched and whimpered, snuggling into Inuyasha's haori, hideing her face from view.

" Well now we must wait and see if she'll pull threw or not…" sighed Kaede "We've done all we can" She slowly walked out of the room into her own, tears in her eyes.

Inuyasha sighed, he gently picked Kagome up and moved aginst the wall, Kagome in his lap. He wished there was something else he could do for her, but all he could do was sit and wait hoping hed get to see her eyes….just once more.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------

sammie: hey all! Sorry I haven't written in a while! Ive been busy with…troublesome ex boyfriends *shakes fist at them* well im done with this chapter and starting on the next one! Yay! See you soon! P.S. sorry this chap so short! But that seemed like a good place to stop! Sorry *grovels*