InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's Never Too Late ❯ The Visit part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello Everyone! I came out with this idea when I was watching believe it or not "The Bachelor with that guy who was in Robin in those two crappy Batman movies. (I thought they sucked no offense to anyone)Chris something. This story has a lot of topics in it so it was hard typing this fic. I hope you like it.
 
 
Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN INUYASHA!
 
 
CHAPTER 1: The Visit Part 1
 
 
Kaede was fixing together some prayer beads to make a necklace, when she heard a knock at her door. * I wonder who would come to the shrine at this hour? * She thought. The knocking soon became louder and more insistent.
 
 
“I'm coming! I'm coming!" she said getting irritated at the person's impatience.
 
 
She would certainly give this person a piece of her mind. Preparing a few lectures to give to her visitor, she finally opened the door. Her rebuking words died in her throat when she saw who her visitor was.
 
 
"Inuyasha Yamato! What brings you her at this time of night?"
 
 
Kaede looked at the figure before her. She knew who he was but she couldn't believe it. The Inuyasha she knew was confident, arrogant, and proud. He was what many women desired. He was handsome and he was rich. He was quite a contrast to his normal self. His face was tired and worn out, his hair was slightly unkempt, and he looked like he been crying his heart out for many nights. Something was definitely wrong
 
 
Inuyasha (*)
 
Kaede's been looking at me with that strange expression on her face. I couldn't blame her though. I usually try my best to avoid her as much as possible. The reasons I avoid her were: she was an expert in lecturing the hell out of people; she was stubborn; and above of all: she was the ugliest woman I had ever laid eyes on. I can't stand to look at such an ugly old hag. Unfortunately, she is the only person I wanted to see about this urgent matter. Going to a shrink would just make the matter worse and piss me off. Miroku had forced me to watch 15-taped episodes of Dr. Phil, and I ended up feeling guiltier than I was before so I know what I am talking about. I couldn't talk to Sesshomaru because he hated me now more than ever. I would have to thank his wife, Rin for that. Miroku and Sango won't listen to me either. Kaede was my last resort.
 
 
End (*)
 
 
"What bring here at this time Inuyasha? The shrine closed at six!"
 
 
Kaede had said this while she drank her newly made green tea. She and Inuyasha were now upstairs in the living room. She knew well enough to take her visitor upstairs away from the shrine. Inuyasha would not have been comfortable enough to talk to her there. Inuyasha became instantly pissed when Kaede asked him about the time he had arrived at the shrine.
 
 
" What the hell is your problem, you old hag?! So I came two hours after closing time?! IT WAS JUST TWO FUCKING HOURS! I have better things to do than listen to you bitching at me for something as stupid as that!"
 
 
Kaede closed her eyes and looked at Inuyasha. Maybe I was wrong and nothing is bothering him she thought.
 
 
Sighing she got up and said, “Well I see that your mouth is still as sharp as ever, Inuyasha. Since you evidently have better things to do, I will turn myself in for the night. I wouldn't want to be the annoying old hag that wasted your time."
 
 
“Why can't I control my tongue?” Inuyasha thought, “Kaede was just trying to help me out and I repay her by insulting and cursing at her! I couldn't help it! It is part of my nature. If I wanted a solution to my problem I needed to have some self-control.”
 
 
"Wait!" called out Inuyasha.
 
 
Kaede was just about to leave the room but she stopped. She turned towards him to give him a scrutinizing look.
 
 
Kaede (*)
 
 
 
Inuyasha told me to wait and of course I stopped. I could hear a trace of sadness in his voice. I pitied him. Giving him one more chance seemed like a good option. I was truly curious about the reason why he was visiting me.
 
“All right, Inuyasha, I will stay. Now, tell me what's wrong. Is it money problems? Drugs? Sesshomaru is angry with you again?"
 
 
He shook his head to all of them but his face slightly contorted with anger when Sesshomaru's name was mentioned. I couldn't hold him accountable for the angry look that appeared on his face. He and his half brother had never gotten along. For the past several years however, their relationship with each other had gotten worse. I had no idea what caused that to happen but I knew Rin may have been involved somehow. Inuyasha must have done something so horrible that it deeply offended Rin. I had run out of possible reasons what would trouble Inuyasha like this. Unless…
 
 
"You aren't having woman troubles are you?"
 
 
I knew I was finally on the right path when he looked at me and gave me a smirk. I wouldn't really call it a smirk. It was more of a very weary smile. I sighed inwardly. Couldn't he contain that playboy behavior? I wonder…
 
"Well, Inuyasha you never cease to amaze me. Who was it this time?”
 
He looked at me and replied, “Kaede, I screwed up big time. The woman I hurt was not just any woman."
 
 
I didn't know what he meant by his last statement. Over the years he had probably hurt countless women. What made this particular woman stand out? "Inuyasha, who was she?" I asked him. He barely looked at me because of the guilt and shame that was still hidden when he gave his answer.
 
 
“My wife."
 
 
 
Yea! I am done. Sorry I kind of gave you all a cliffhanger. Especially since it was the first chapter. I just want you to know that this is my first fic. The story will consist of many POVS and flashbacks. It was based on many movies and TV shows I have seen. I really hope you enjoyed it!
 
 
I hope this is less confusing. I may change this in the future. I saw the first chapter and how it looked. Why didn't you tell me anything? Oh well, I did what I could. I'll post a new chapter soon.