InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jade ❯ Rules of Engagement ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3
Rules of Engagement
I spent the next evening thinking of places to go “I could, no. How about no.” I paced the room in my date clothes: a lime green tee with an onyx vest pulled over the front. Skinny jeans hugged my legs forming an uncomfortable barrier between them and my shoes, Kimora's. A gold locket hung from my chest, chaffing the neck underneath.
My sister chose this moment to poke her head in our room. “Mom said you have to take Souta to his party” hen it hit me, the perfect place. A devious grin spread over my face. I started to laugh maniacally, sending my sister out of the room with a wave of her hand “Whatever”
I peeked my head into my brother's tiny space. “Get ready I'm taking you!”
I watched as a yellow Camaro pulled its way into the front lot. “There's Tiashio” I guessed. When I turned back to my brother, he was dressed and ready. I bent down to eye level with him “Ready Souta?”
He giggled “Yea”
?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?
In the car, Shessomaru was quiet. Every 5 min so he snuck a look at the rear view window. Souta would give him one of my grins and wave. Then he would turn back to me, a wary  look on his features “You're a real piece of work”
I'd then smile sweetly “Compliments will get you nowhere” Shessomaru shook his head going back to the road. We soon made it to the choice of date, my brother's party, Chucky Cheese.
?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?
 Shessomaru face was becoming more crestfallen every moment we spent and I was lovin' it. Souta chatted with my date and Shessomaru looked ready to jump out the two story window. I grinned at my handiwork. Maybe I should go on dates more often. Souta finally left to play with the tokens I gave him, giving Shessomaru a well deserved break. I put on my most innocent face going to sit beside him. “Souta seems to like you.” He eyed me suspiciously “You planned this didn't you” I gave him my best shocked look “M-Me” I sputtered placing a hand on my chest. Shessomaru's eyebrows shot up at my antics
“Never” he followed my lead
“I could never d-o such-a…” I couldn't hold it any more. The looks on his face had been priceless and laugh-worthy.
My laughter was forgotten as Shessomaru stared at me heatedly. “Um Tiashio” He placed a finger under my chin forcing me to face him. “Shess” Worry was leaking into my voice. He leaned in pulling me with him. I did nothing to stop him as our lips came closer a breath away until…
“Kagome” cried Souta “its time to go” He was starring at our lips in interest. I pushed us apart my breathing ragged.
 “Time to go” I whispered. Shessomaru stared at me confused, forcing me to turn away. I grabbed Souta's hand “Thanks for bringing us. Later Shess”
“Don't you need a ride?” he asked softly
“I'll call one” I said distantly
Shessomaru Tiashio, the persistent guy he was, is letting me go. I waited for a “No. Stop, don't leave.” He let me go. He laid back releasing a repressed sigh. I wanted to him to take us home, to come after us, to finish what he started-NO he wouldn't. After all there's no such thing as happy endings