InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jealous Much? ❯ The New Guy ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. That privilege goes to the ever so talented Rumiko Takahashi. But it would be freaking awesome if I did.
 
 
Chapter Two: The New Guy
 
Kagome woke up to the sun shinning through her window. `Ah it's good to be home' she thought. She got up, took a shower, got dressed, and had a quick breakfast with her family. Walking outside, after saying goodbye, she looked up at the morning sun.
 
“Today is going to be a great day. I just know it is.” She walked down the steps and headed for school. She was in thought the entire time. `As long as I get some time to myself, I'll be good…right?' she shook her head. `Of course I'll be good. I don't need Inuyasha all the time. I should just stop thinking about him for now.'
 
That proved harder to do than she thought.
 
Right when she entered the class room she was immediately being bombarded by her three friends Yuka, Ayumi, and Eri.
 
“Hey Kagome! We heard about your accident. It must have hurt falling off that roof of yours” said Eri.
 
“Yeah that's one nasty place to fall too” Yuka grimaced.
 
“We asked if we could visit you at the hospital, but your grandfather said that you were on bed rest and shouldn't have visitors at the moment” Ayumi asked suspiciously.
 
“Yeah, Gramps was pretty strict the entire time” Kagome said, feeling the guilty sensation she always felt when lying to her friends.
 
“You sure mad a speedy recovery though” said a voice from behind. Kagome spun in her seat.
 
She was met with the disbelieving expression of a boy she had never seen in her life. He merely smirked and walked away, grabbing seat near the back, and started talking to a group of boys.
 
“Who was that?” asked Kagome.
 
“Oh, he's Suzaku. Tanakichi Suzaku. He just transferred from a different school about a week and a half ago. He's really smart and already the head of the school newspaper” (A/N: Not every school has one but I needed one for this story) said Yuka.
 
“Really?” Kagome said slowly. He was strange but cute.
 
 
The morning went by slowly. Kagome couldn't wait for lunch. But when she exited the class room after everyone else, Suzaku stood there waiting for her.
 
“Higurashi”
 
“Yes?”
 
He smirked and walked closer to her. “You've sure missed a lot school lately, haven't you?”
 
“Maybe. But what does that have to do with you? You've only been going here for a week and a half.”
 
“Well I've been talking to the students, and I've heard a lot about you.”
 
“Well I still don't see how this is any of your business.” She turned to leave but he stepped in her way.
 
“I'm not one to look away when I find something suspicious. I see a potential story here, and I'm not about to pass this opportunity. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions if you have any time to spare.”
 
“Actually I don't. Excuse me.” She pushed him aside and headed off to lunch.
 
But he wasn't that easy to get rid of.
 
Throughout the day, she was being followed everywhere she went. She was getting so annoyed that she almost yelled at him in public with many people around. But she held her façade. At least until he followed her to WacDonald's.
 
“Will you just stop following me?!” she yelled, spotting him around the corner outside. Many people stared but Kagome paid no attention.
 
“Following you? I'm not following you” he said trying, and failing, to sound offended. “You just happen to be going to the same places I am.” He smiled brightly at her and opened the door to allow Kagome to enter. She scowled but walked in. After ordering her food she sat down and hoped that Suzaku would just ignore her and eat or leave. But that was wishful thinking. He sat at her table.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
He looked around, down at his food, then back at her. “I think I'm sitting, but I'd love a second opinion.” He was trying to be smart. “So, how unhealthy are you? Are you contagious?”
 
Kagome choked on her food at that last comment. “N-no!” she cleared her throat. “Look, I just want to eat.”
 
“Alright, alright. I won't ask you anything about your health. But can I talk to you about…other…things?”
 
“Like what?” she asked narrowing her eyes.
 
“I don't know” he said shrugging his shoulders. “You've got nice eyes. Did anybody ever tell you that?”
 
Kagome dropped her fry, and her eyes went wide. “What?!”
 
“Your eyes. Their nice.”
 
“Uh, t-thank you.” She couldn't be mad at him now. No one had ever given her a compliment that nice out of the blue. They sat there and talked for awhile. When they were done eating, Suzaku walked Kagome home. He said goodbye to her at the door, and left.
 
Kagome sat on the stairs and thought about what had happened. `He was so nice to me. I wonder why.' She sat there thinking until she remembered she had studying to do. She fell asleep later that night feeling unusually happy.