InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jealous Much? ❯ Suspicions ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. That privilege goes to the ever so talented Rumiko Takahashi. But it would be freaking awesome if I did.
 
 
Chapter Three: Suspicions
 
“Hey Suzaku!”
 
Suzaku turned around and waved at his friend.
 
“Hey, so have you gotten your story yet? It's been three days since you started hanging out with her, right?”
 
“Yeah…I don't think I'm going to do a story on her” he said scratching the back of his neck. His friend wasn't going to be so happy about this.
 
“WHAT?” Bingo.
 
“She's really nice. I don't want to hurt her like that.”
 
His friend sighed. “Fine. But we've got to find something to do a story on. And we've only got till Monday.”
 
“Yeah, yeah. Look, I've got to go. See ya later.” He ran off and disappeared around the corner.
 
“Higurashi!”
 
Kagome spun around. “Hi” she said spotting Suzaku.
 
“Hey, want me to walk you home today?” he asked hopefully.
 
“Um…no thanks.”
 
“Well, do you want to catch a movie later?”
 
“I'd love to, but my grandfather wants me to help him out at the shrine. Sorry.”
 
He smiled. “That's fine. I'll see you at school on Monday then.”
 
Kagome looked at the ground. How was she going to explain to Suzaku that she wasn't going to be at school? “Well…I might not come to school Monday. My stomachs been feeling kind of weird lately.” `Please don't ask more. Please don't ask more. Please don't ask more' she thought, keeping her eyes closed.
 
Her eyes snapped open when she felt Suzaku kiss her on the cheek. When he pulled away, she raised a hand to her cheek.
 
“That's fine. Hope you feel better soon.” He waved goodbye and left. Kagome smiled. She felt so happy.
 
Suddenly realizing where she was supposed to be headed, she ran out of the school and back home. She grabbed her yellow backpack in her room, said a quick goodbye to her family, and jumped down the well.
 
When she climbed out, her bag was pulled out of her arm, and she felt someone grab onto her and pull her out of the well. “About time” Inuyasha said. “You've had enough time to think. We've got Naraku and jewel shards to find.”
 
“Alright. Let's go then.” Kagome said cheerfully. She pulled her bag out of Inuyasha's grasp and headed towards the village. Inuyasha stood, open mouthed staring after her. `Why the hell is she so cheerful?' He went after her. He was going to figure out why she was so cheerful all of a sudden.
 
 
No such luck. For a week, he'd tried talking to her. Every time he'd asked her why she was so cheerful, she'd respond by saying `why shouldn't I be?' It was the same each time he'd ask and it was getting annoying.
 
Even Sango and Miroku noticed a difference. Before she had left, Kagome had been depressed with the recent reappearance of Kikyo, but now she didn't seem bothered by it at all. Shippo wasn't bothered by this change. In fact, he seemed to love it.
 
One night, before Kagome had planned to go back home again, Sango asked if Kagome would like to go to the hot springs. Kagome accepted gratefully.
 
They had sat in the water for a few minutes before Sango plucked up the courage and asked her, “Kagome why have you been so cheerful lately?”
 
Kagome smiled. “Sango. I've already told you and the others. I'm happy because I have no reason not to be.”
 
“But what about Kikyo?”
 
“What about her?”
 
“Well…you always seem so upset when we talk about her. You were really depressed before you left. But now it's like you've forgotten about it all.”
 
Kagome sighed. “Sango, I've come to the realization that the Inuyasha and Kikyo situation is none of my business. Inuyasha's free to do whatever he wants.”
 
“But what brought such a sudden change?”
 
Kagome eyed her friend closely. “Ok. Now promise me that you won't tell the boys.”
 
“I promise.”
 
“Ok. I met this guy at school.”
 
“You did?!” Sango practically squealed with happiness.
 
“Yeah. He's really nice. And at first I thought he was really annoying, because he kept asking me why I hadn't been at school for a while. But we got to talking and now…I kind of like him.” Kagome blushed and smiled awkwardly.
 
“Oh Kagome! I'm so happy for you! It's about time you got over Inuyasha!”
 
“Yeah. Despite how much fun it was to faun over a guy, who was in love with someone else, I'm glad that I met someone I like.”
 
They sat there gossiping in the water for some time before noticing how late it must be. They went back to Kaede's hut and went to sleep.
 
 
“Tell me again why you have to go back so soon?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Because people are getting suspicious of my disappearances, and I can't make myself too scarce.” Kagome replied, starting to get irritated. “I won't be gone too long, I just have some things I need to do. I'll come right back when I'm done.”
 
Inuyasha didn't say anything he just watched as Kagome heaved her now light bag and dropped through the well.
 
He was going to find out what was going on, even if it meant following her home.