InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jealousy In The Air ❯ Makeover Time ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Jealousy In The Air

Summary: A plain and unpopular girl soon begins to be accepted into the in-crowd. The popular guy she longed to be with finally notices her, but things aren't always the way it seems to be……… Inu/Kag

A/N: I wanna thank everyone who reviewed!! THANKS!!!

*~*~*

Chapter 2: Makeover time

At lunch, Kagome rushed out of her classroom and into study hall. That's where she usually stayed and ate.

When she searched for an area to sit, she almost gave up. Almost all of the seats were filled up, except for one. The seat next to Inu yasha. Kagome stared hard at his profile and considered if she should stay or just leave.

What do I have to be afraid of? Kagome thought. It's not like I have anything else to lose if something goes wrong.

As she walked over to the last empty seat, she wondered what Inu yasha was doing there for. He was usually at the tables were the more popular people hang out.

Just as she was getting closer, she saw someone slip in the chair. Kikyo.

Ugh, Kagome thought sourly. Now what was she doing here?

No way could she stand the whole period listening to her sweet talk Inu yasha. It was way too sickening. Now, she wondered where she was going to go.

There was no place else for her to go. She definitely didn't want to go in the cafeteria, where everyone had their own friends they could hang out with, and while she had nobody.

Today was also a cold day, so she didn't feel like going outside.

I might as well hide in the bathroom, she thought. That's what she would sometimes do when she had nowhere to go. Actually, it wasn't all that bad. She could sometimes catch people gossiping about other people. People may think that Kagome is dense, but she was actually a good listener and quick learner.

When Kagome entered the girl's bathroom, she found it empty.

She was just about to take out her lunch, when she realized that she had forgotten it. Now she was going to be starving for the next few hours of school.

Oh well, she said to herself. I guess it should be a good thing. At least it is towards my diet.

The bathrooms were pretty clean, so she didn't mind sitting on the floors of the stalls. She chose one of the bigger stalls and set her things down. She took out her math book and started her homework.

She wondered if this was going to be one of the days when the girls would be coming into the bathroom to gossip about guys and dates.

As if right on cue, Kagome heard the door push open. She heard two voices, one was Kikyo's and the other, she didn't recognize. They didn't seem to know that there was someone in there, so they kept on talking.

"……… I know," she heard one of them say.

"I mean seriously, did you see her?" Kikyo said. Kagome peered through the gap between the bathroom stalls and saw that Kikyo and her friend was applying make-up.

"Well, duh!" her friend said snobbishly. "I think everyone saw her! I hope she didn't hurt you that much, with her hugeness and all."

Kikyo scoffed and replied, "No doubt. That little wench. I can't even believe Inu yasha used to be friends with her."

"Yeah, I know."

Kagome felt her eyes well up with tears and tried to stop them, but she couldn't. Now she knew who they were talking about. They were talking about her. She knew she wasn't skinny, but she wasn't as bad as what they were saying either.

A few moments later, Kikyo and her friend left the bathroom.

Kagome didn't feel like doing homework any longer, so she just packed up her things. She went to the sink to get herself cleaned up, when someone came in again.

It was Sango and she was alone. Kagome didn't want to be caught with tears, but was also glad that it was only Sango.

She knew that Sango wasn't the type of person Kikyo was.

Sango stopped when she saw Kagome and looked at her worriedly. "Are you okay?" she finally asked.

Kagome just nodded in reply, but all of a sudden, tears started coming again.

"What's wrong?" Sango asked again.

Finally, Kagome couldn't stand it anymore, so she blurted out all her feelings. She didn't care who she talked to now, just as long as her emotions are finally out of her and not kept to herself.

Kagome told Sango how bad she felt when people talked about her and made fun of her, especially Kikyo. She even told Sango her deepest secret……… her crush on Inu yasha and the way he acted after he got popular.

"Wow," Sango said surprised. "I never thought you as the type who would care about what other people said about you. You seem very collected all the time."

"Yeah……… well, not really. I try to be." Kagome sighed and looked at her own reflection on the mirror. "Gee, I know I look ugly and all, but I didn't know it was this bad."

Sango looked thoughtfully and said after a few minutes. "Actually, you can change that, you know?"

"Really?" Kagome asked hopefully. She almost looked desperate for an answer.

"Sure," Sango replied, almost looking 100% positive. "I know just the way. Actually, why don't we meet sometimes this weekend?"

"Er……… Are you sure?" Kagome questioned.

"Uh………and why wouldn't I be?" Sango looked like she was deep in thought and then she suddenly looked up and into Kagome's eyes.

They both knew what she was talking about. Kagome never would believe that Sango would want to hang out with a girl like her, but then again, Sango was different from most people. She accepted people for who they were.

"Of course." Sango smiled.

*~*~*

On Saturday morning, Kagome woke up with a big yawn. Today was the day she was going to actually `hang out' with one of her `friends.'

Sango had called her after school on the day she found Kagome in the bathroom in tears. She confirmed their plans then.

Kagome's mother had been so happy when she found out that her daughter was finally going out again. She'd been asking over who she was going with and what they were going to be doing.

Her mom was so happy that she even gave her 100 dollars to spend on whatever she wanted. (A/N: I know, it's a lot, but oh well.) Kagome never spent much money before, so that was another reason why her mom was so giving. Kagome thought that clothes were just clothes, and that it didn't really matter what you wore.

There was still 4 more hours before she would meet Sango at the mall at 1:00 after lunch.

At exactly 12:45, Kagome started to head out. In her heart, she kept hoping that Sango wouldn't be bringing any of her other friends because she wasn't comfortable around too many people. She didn't know any of Sango's friends, but she was afraid that they would turn out like Kikyo and her crew.

There was also another thing that was bugging her. What if Sango forgot about it and decided to ditch her?

She wanted to shake away those feelings, but couldn't seem to.

When Kagome looked up, she found herself at the shopping center already. She swept her eyes over to the fountain, where she was supposed to meet Sango.

She didn't see her, so she decided to wait there for a while. Almost half an hour past, when she finally gave up on waiting. I should've known it was too good to be true, Kagome thought to herself. Good stuff never does happen to me, so why do I even bother trying?

Just as she was about to leave, she heard a voice call her name.

She turned around and saw Sango running up to her.

"I am soooooo sorry!" Sango apologized. "My mom made me clean up my room, so that we can get it remodeled, then we had to go get paint, and then I had to take my brother to soccer practice, and then………" she trailed off.

Kagome laughed and said, "Don't worry. It was you doing me a favor at the beginning anyway."

"Anyway," Sango said with a bright smile. "Let's go!"

Inside the shopping center, Sango dragged Kagome into almost a million clothes stores. She suggested some and let Kagome choose some other one. Kagome ended up buying a baby blue tee shirt, pale pink spaghetti straps, and white crisp shorts. In another store, she bought a couple of skirts and blue jeans. Sango also insisted that she buy a red halter-top and a blue mini-skirt to go with it.

Kagome protested, but finally gave in.

When they were standing in line, Kagome realized one thing.

"Uh……… Sango?" Kagome looked around and whispered. It was way too embarrassing. "I didn't even try these on! I know I can't fit into these. You got me sizes too small!!"

Sango laughed with a sweat. "Don't worry. We're going to be doing something about that later on. Just buy them first."

Kagome looked doubtfully. "Okay. If you're sure."

"I am."

Kagome thought they just walked out the last shop there was, but then Sango dragged her into another store, yet again.

"Now, we have got to do something with your hair. How can you brush your hair?"

"I can't," Kagome muttered under her breath.

Kagome followed Sango toward the hair product section and saw a million different types of shampoo, soap, and conditioner. She usually just used the ones at home. The ones that her mom bought.

"So do you use conditioner?" Sango asked her.

"Uh……… no."

"Well, I suggest you to. Don't you have a hard time combing it? With conditioner, it'll be easier," Sango informed.

"Sure, I guess." Kagome said as Sango looked through them. She grabbed a couple of bottles Kagome didn't even know and put stuffed it into her arms.

*~*~*

A/N: Is it good enough?? Tell me, tell me, tell me! Even if you think it's bad, TELL ME! I'll fix it.