InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jealousy In The Air ❯ Makeover Time Part2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3: Makeover Time Part2

It was almost 5:00 before they were ready to go home. Kagome's hands were loaded with shopping bags, along with Sango's.

"So do you want to come over to my house right now?" Sango asked Kagome.

Kagome looked confused, so Sango added, "so you can try on your shirts and we can do something about your hair, you know?"

Kagome nodded slowly and suggested. "How about if we go to my house? It'll be much easier. I can take a shower, and try the conditioner, then try on some new outfits……… You know? I just remembered that you never did tell me how I was going to fit into those clothes that don't fit me yet. I hope you realize I'm not as skinny as you are."

Sango became uncomfortable again. She hadn't thought about that situation yet. The only way she could really think of was to go on a diet, but it didn't seem like Kagome would want to.

Kagome was still waiting for her answer, so she just told her the truth. (A/N: Sango's friendships are based on honesty as you can tell.)

"Well……… uh, I didn't really think about that yet. But I do have one idea, I'm not sure if you tried it before or not," Sango said slowly. Kagome was watching her, waiting for her to go on, so she continued, "How about a diet?"

"Actually, I've never tried it before," Kagome said. "But that's only because I know that I can't."

"Well, if you never tried it, how do you know?" Sango asked. "I'll, uh……… somehow help you……… oh yeah. I also saw this commercial on these exercising tools or classes, I'm not sure. We'll figure out later on."

"Whatever," Kagome sighed. "It's going to be hopeless though."

There was an uncomfortable silence between as they walked towards Kagome's house. They only just met and weren't even considered `friends' yet.

Kagome and Sango soon approached the shrine, where Kagome lived.

They passed Mrs. Higurashi as they walked through the dining room, and Sango greeted her politely.

In Kagome's room, Sango sat down, waiting for Kagome to finish taking her shower. Sango had finished picking out an outfit they bought today. It was one of the outfits that actually fit Kagome right now.

Sango laid it on Kagome's bed and started wandering around her room. One particular picture on Kagome's desk caught her eyes. It was a picture of Kagome and Inu yasha when they were small, probably in first grade.

They were hugging each other in front of a big tree.

Sango smiled sadly, thinking about what Kagome had said the other day.

Sango thought that Kagome looked really cute when she was small, and thought that if that was how she looked back then, then, she should look really pretty right now.

She sat back down onto Kagome's seat and soon got lost in space. She started to think about what had happened the day before. She and Miroku had had a fight, but now that she thought of it again, it wasn't her fault.

Gosh, Sango thought. Why do I even bother with that pervert?

Just then, Kagome stepped out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around her body.

Kagome immediately felt uncomfortable when she saw Sango gaping at her.

"Uh, I know," Kagome said tentatively. "I know I'm really fat………"

Sango laughed. "No, that's not it. You're glasses………" she trailed off.

"Oh, yeah, let me go get it." Kagome rushed back into the bathroom before Sango could say another word. Just like before, that wasn't what Sango had in mind.

When Kagome came back in sight, Sango said, "Don't put those glasses back on yet."

"Why?" Kagome asked suspiciously.

"Have you ever thought about getting contacts?"

"No really……… Why? Are you thinking about me getting it?" Kagome asked raising her eyebrows.

"You should," Sango insisted. "Your face is so pretty and right now, it's hiding underneath your glasses."

Kagome stared at her skeptically.

"What? You don't think I'm telling you the truth? I can ask other people and see how they think of it."

Kagome was really pleased to hear the compliment, but wasn't sure if it was the truth or just said to make her feel better about herself.

"So, do you think you can get them?" Sango asked. "I mean, do you think your mom would let you?"

"Sure. She doesn't really care. Just as long as it's for something productive. I'll get her to take me tomorrow so I can get it matched. When do you think I'll get them back?"

"Probably in two weeks. I'm not sure. I've never gotten contacts before."

"Okay." Kagome looked around for something to wear, when Sango reached down towards Kagome's bed, to retrieve the outfit she had chosen.

Kagome pulled on the pink shirt, embroidered with tiny flowers on the sides. She watched as Kagome struggled to zip up her white jeans, but at last succeeded. Oops, Sango though, I guess that's my bad.

Sango led Kagome towards her full-length mirror once again, and let her study herself.

"So what do you think," Sango asked her. "I think you look fantastic."

"Uh……… I guess I do look better than before. I can't really see." Kagome made a point towards her eyes. "I don't have my glasses on."

"Oh," Sango laughed. "Okay……… so what haven't we fixed yet?" She looked up and down Kagome. "Your hair! You used the conditioner didn't you?"

"Yeah."

"No wonder it looks so much smoother now. Wasn't it easier to comb your hair?"

"Yeah, and I have you to thanks to!" Kagome said happily.

Sango suddenly looked down at her watch and said urgently. "Sorry! I have to go now. I told my mom that I'd be home by 6:30 for dinner. I'll call you sometimes this week and see how everything is. About the contacts and all." She gathered her belongings and picked it up, ready to go.

Kagome walked Sango outside and waved to her good-bye.

Kagome thought this was the happiest day of her life ever since middle school. She knew that she may never get to spend a day like this again. She knew that Sango had her own friends and her own social life, unlike her. She knew that Sango might not want to spend that much time with a geek like her.

Kagome sighed and walked back inside.

*~*~*

The weekend flew by. Kagome woke up on, yet another school day.

She went to her closet to pick out some clothes to throw on. Then she remembered all the clothes she bought on Saturday.

She walked over to her drawers, where she stored them all.

The top drawer was what she could fit into right now, the bottom one stored the ones for later on. She pulled out a black T-shirt. On it, in golden letters, it said, "Always sweet, Never sour." Sango had insisted her to buy that T-shirt as well, because she thought it had matched Kagome's personality.

Then, she pulled out a pair of blue jeans.

She walked over to her bathroom, and took a look at her hair. It was actually not wild looking. She reached for the brush, and pulled it through her hair almost without a sweat. It was a little tangled, considering the fact that it was long.

Today, Kagome was actually going to go to school with smooth hair, not the usual tangled, and fluffed up hair. Now, she had really pretty and smooth dark hair.

At school, some people even commented on her clothes and her hair.

Kagome was in high spirits the whole day, until lunch.

It was Kikyo, of course. Kikyo and her stupid group of friends.

Kagome thought it was ridiculous that they followed her around like she was a goddess or something. It was so stupid. It's like they were devoted to her.

Kikyo just smirked when she saw Kagome. "Wow, our BIG girl Kagome is growing up! She knows how to comb her hair now……… isn't that just a BIG improvement?" Her friends laughed.

"Gee, Kagome," Kikyo said, looking right at her. "I can't believe that even your mom's more in style than you are and that you still go shopping with her. It's a nice shirt she picked out for you, but that saying is all wrong………"

Kagome's face heat up immediately. She looked down and hurriedly walked away.

It was so embarrassing. Everyone was watching her.

*~*~*~*

A/N: Hope this is as good! ^-^