InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jealousy In The Air ❯ Kikyo's Party ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Jealousy In The Air

A/N: Uh………………… have fun reading!

Chapter 7: Kikyo's Party

Kagome's heart raced as she waited for Inu yasha to answer Sango's question. I do not believe it, I do not believe this, Kagome kept on thinking over and over in her head.

Inu yasha glanced at her suddenly, but then quickly shifted his eyes towards Sango. "This is really none of my concern………………" he said simply. Sango gaped at him. She quickly shut her mouth into a tight smile. That wasn't the kind of answer she was looking for. He could have been at least a little more polite. Before she could say anything, he interrupted her, "but you should go, Kagome. Kikyo's parties are always the best."

Kagome forced a smile on. Kikyo? Ugh……… even the name, Kikyo, makes me want to puke. She glanced at Inu yasha as he worked his way into a conversation with Ami, Rika, and Kouga. He didn't even try to talk to Kagome. It was so obvious that he was ignoring her.

"So, Kagome," Hojo said from across the table. "Are you the only one here who's not going to Kikyo's party?"

"Yeah, I guess so." She didn't really feel like talking at this moment. It wasn't like she didn't want to talk to Hojo. She actually thought that he was a really great friend.

A few minutes later, Kagome heard someone say, "Aw……… aren't they so cute?" She saw Sango staring at two children about five years old or so.

A little boy and a little girl. They were holding hands as they sat across from their parents. Kagome instantly knew that they weren't siblings. It was just like her and……… Just the sight of them sent a big flood of emotions towards Kagome. She recalled the days like it was yesterday……… There was once a time, somewhere in the first grade, when something unbelievable happened to her………………

~Flashbacks~

Kagome felt as if her heart had shattered. Moving? Did she hear right? "But mommy!" she wailed hysterically. "What about Inu yasha? Am I ever going to see him again?"

Kagome's mom sighed. She knew that her daughter would be devastated when she heard the news, but it was the best thing to do. A better job was offered and it paid her a lot more than her old job. They needed the money, too, ever since the day Kagome's father had passed away.

Kagome glared at her mom, when she didn't answer her. "Where are we moving to?" she pouted. "Is it far, far away?" She could always see through her mother's lies, so her mother didn't bother to lie.

"Yes, it's about 10 hours away by car."

Kagome just stomped her way into her bedroom. She stayed mad at her mom for a week or so, but then decided to let things fall. She wasn't going to get what she wanted, so she didn't bother with it anymore. There was nothing to do, but accepting the facts. She wanted to spend all the time she had left with Inu yasha.

When Inu yasha had found out that she was going to move, he had thrown a big tantrum. He even complained to his mom.

Two weeks before the planned day to move, both Inu yasha and Kagome's parents agreed to go somewhere for fun.

As Kagome walked through the doors to Jamba Juice, her smile widened at the sight of Inu yasha, sitting at their `special place'. Whenever they went there, they'd always sit at the same seats in the corner. Kagome and her mom sat on one side of the table, while Inu yasha sat across from Kagome, next to his mother.

Inu yasha held out his hands, which was holding a small bundle of flowers. "Here! I gathered these just for you!"

Kagome's mom looked down at them. "Isn't he so sweet?"

Kagome gratefully took the flowers from him.

They waited for their drinks patiently, when Inu yasha suddenly disappeared from his seat. From underneath the table, he tapped on Kagome. Kagome turned to their parents, and saw that they were in a very deep conversation. She wondered what was up, so plopped down onto the ground under the table as well.

"What are you doing?" was the first thing Kagome asked him. She was confused. The ground was icky, and she didn't particularly like getting dirty. What was the point of getting down there?

Kagome checked again to see what their parents were doing until she felt a quick peck on her cheek. She faced Inu yasha, stunned at what he had done. It was their very first `kiss.' She saw him blush deep red and as he ran off for the night. He was embarrassed.

The next time she saw him, they acted as if nothing had happened.

"Lets promise to get married when we grow up, okay? Then we'll buy a humungous house and I can buy you anything you want!" he had said one day at school. Kagome nodded in agreement as he slipped a plastic promise ring onto her finger. "We're going to be best friends forever, no matter how much space there is in between us. Even the whole world can't keep us from keeping in touch." Kagome tried to smile, but broke into tears.

"Don't cry," Inu yasha said soothingly. (A/N: Isn't it so cute? 6 year-old Kagome and Inu yasha! I can just picture it!!!) "You know? I'll really miss you when you move."

~End of Flashbacks~

Kagome sighed and smiled sadly to herself. Those childhood memories were the greatest ones she had. Of course, her family hadn't moved. Her mom's boss insisted that her mom stayed, raising the amount of money she usually earned each day.

Sango stared at Kagome and asked, "What are you thinking of?"

"Oh, nothing!" Kagome lied. "Anyway, I'm going to go call my mom."

"Huh? What for?"

"I decided that I'm going to go to Kikyo's party, even though I despise her," she said firmly. What was the point of staying home when she could be out having fun with some of her friends? The more she thought about it, the more she thought it was ridiculous that she didn't want to go to a party just because of Kikyo.

"Finally you come to your senses," Sango joked.

Kagome made her way to the telephone and quickly phoned her mom. Her mom explained again that she didn't like last minutes plans like this, but still let her go.

*~*~*~*~*

So far, Kagome had managed to avoid Kikyo and her crew of friends. The front door had been left open, so that it would be easy for people to go in and out of the mansion. Sango didn't lie when she said that Kikyo's house was humungous. It was a big, white, two-story mansion. It consisted of a balcony outside of most of the bedroom.

Kagome watched as Sango and some of her other friends she met today dance away. She would have joined them, but she didn't really know how to dance like that. It wasn't her type of thing, though it seemed like they were having a lot of fun.

She just stayed at the refreshment table, so that everyone would just think that she was getting something to drink. Lots of people stopped by and chatted with her. Hojo accompanied her for most of the time, but then left just a while ago.

Once in a while, Sango would take a break from dancing.

"Hey, Kagome," she said breathlessly as she approached. "Are you having fun?"

"Uh, sure."

"Why don't you come dance with us anyway? I bunch of my friends aren't that great of a dancer either. It'll be fun!"

"It's okay, really. You go on. There are lots of other people I can talk to," Kagome said. Suddenly, a slow song started to play. She gave Sango a shove into the crowd. "Miroku's waiting for you," she said with a wink.

When Kagome was about to get another cup of Hawaiian punch, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Before she could turn to find out who it was, a guy's voice asked, "Would you like to dance with me?"

Kagome, surprised someone asked her, looked up slowly. It was Hojo. "Um, sure." She watched many couples slow dance before, so she didn't think she'd have a problem with that.

She nervously slipped her arms around his neck, as he placed his arms around her slim waist. She felt a chill run through her. Never, had she experienced this type of thing. Kagome swayed slightly along with Hojo to the music. As the song played, she began to relax more and more, from her stiffness.

The song finally came to an end and Kagome quickly unclasped her arms from around his neck. "Er……… thanks for the dance."

"No problem. It was a pleasure to dance with you," Hojo gushed. Kagome stared at him. Okaaay, she thought.

She tried to think of something to talk about, but her brain didn't seem to be functioning. Luckily, Sango was there to save her.

"Hey, Kagome!" Sango called out from somewhere behind her, with Miroku trailing after her. "Lets go outside. It's so stuffy in here, I think I'm going to faint soon."

"Sure! Let's go."

Sango, Miroku, Kagome, and Hojo mad their way into another dining room, where people were just talking and playing some games, not dancing. It was much cooler in that room. Sango must have been thinking about the same thing because she all of a sudden suggested, "Why don't we just stay in here? It's much cooler."

Kagome just followed Sango as she walked over to where the people who had gone to the movies with them were. Tatsuya and Mizuki shared the love seat, while Kouga, Rika, and Ami shared another couch. Inu yasha was plopped onto chair, next to………

When Kagome shifted her eyes to see who else was there, her heart sank. KIKYO was there right next to Inu yasha on the floor. And her snobby group of friends were gathered around there as well.

Her face turned pale as she watched Kikyo keep touching Inu yasha, at every chance she gets. She was paying so much attention to him that she didn't even hear her own friends talking to her.

Sango didn't seem to notice Kikyo's appearance. "So! What are you guys doing?" she asked loudly, so that she'd get everyone's attention.

Kikyo was the first to glance up. She smirked when she saw Kagome standing behind Sango, trying to hide herself from Kikyo's view.

"Well, Kagome!" Kikyo said with a syrupy voice. "I am so glad that you made it here tonight! I really hope you're having fun!" Kikyo paused then continued, "Hey, why don't you and Sango join us? We were going to play a game of Spin the Bottle!"

Sango narrowed her eyes at Kikyo, but didn't comment anything. From the looks of the other people, she knew that they hadn't been planning on playing spin the bottle. It sure seemed like Kikyo was planning something. But, she still turned to Kagome, and asked, "Well? Do you want to join?"

Kagome shook her head vigorously. "Are you crazy?" she whispered to Sango. "I don't play games where you just go around kissing random people!"

Kikyo had been listening intently and caught what she said. She sighed and drawled, "Our, sweet, little Kagome still hasn't grown up. She hadn't even experienced one kiss before."

Kagome turned scarlet. "Tha-that's not true!" she sputtered. "I never said anything like that! I'm playing! Who said I wasn't going to?"

Sango glanced nervously at Kagome, "You know, you don't have to play. I'm not really that interested in this game either."

"I'm playing," Kagome said firmly. She was going to show Kikyo that she had the nerves to do anything she was able to, even a stupid game like spin the bottle.

"What are we waiting for?" Kikyo said, inspecting her nails. "It's taking quite a while for you to get started." She scooted over and patted at the ground next to her. "Why don't you sit over here, Kagome? You'll get better views………"

Kagome didn't know what she was talking about, but just sat there anyway. What harm would be made?

Kikyo looked around the circle of people. "Everyone's playing, right?" Everyone nodded in agreement. Kikyo glanced at the coffee table and grabbed an empty beer bottle. "I'll go first."

She placed the beer bottle in the middle of the circle and spun it. Surprisingly, it pointed right at Inu yasha. Kikyo laughed gracefully and stated. "It must be fate. We are meant for each other."

Kikyo turned up towards Inu yasha and from the corner of her eyes, she watched as Kagome lowered her eyes. She knew that Kagome had a crush on him. Kikyo smiled to herself and pulled Inu yasha towards her. He didn't put up a fight, as she kissed him deeply for about 10 seconds.

Finally, she let go of Inu yasha and started talking about the kiss loudly, but not too obvious. She made sure she was loud enough so that Kagome could hear her. "He's just such a great kisser……… Well, obviously, we've been practicing together." Everyone just stared at her weirdly at her as Kikyo's friends shrieked from excitement.

Kagome stared at Kikyo for a long time, disgusted. What kind of person was she anyway?

Tatsuya cleared his throat. "Um……… okay. Let's just play now. Who goes next?"

"The person who got kissed, I suppose. I don't know," Kikyo said. "Go, Inu yasha."

He grunted, then reluctantly spun the bottle.

Kagome gaped at the bottle. How was that possible?

*~*~*~*~*

A/N: I hope this chapter made sense……… I'm so busy doing all the stupid projects my teachers assigned. Anyway, do u like it? Hope so.