InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just A Memory ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Just A Memory

Chapter One:

----------------------------------------

 

I am a memory to Inuyasha now. Just a memory that he can forget now. Ever since we completed the shikkon no tama, he’s forgotten me. Maybe it’s for the best, maybe not.

But I suppose to me, it was best that he did leave and forget about me. I couldn’t comply to his wishes and he disliked that intensely. And he still hadn’t forgotten about Kikyo. It hurt me to no ends; I can never forget it. He thought it was fine to go behind my back and see her.

I knew he wasn’t mine yet and that he had every right to do so. But I also knew he didn’t have that right. Every night we would sit close to the fire, he’d tell me he loved me with all his heart. But whenever he told me that, I had a sinking feeling he didn’t mean it.

 

-Flashback-

“Inuyasha, it’s complete now.” I told him softly, staring at the whole jewel lying in the palm of my hand. He snorted and turned away from me, staring over the grassy hill. I looked down at the jewel again. What were we to do now? I could not travel between the times anymore since we are not looking for the jewel anymore.

‘Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippou..’ I thought sadly. I had grown close to Sango while we searched for the jewel and even her lost brother. I brushed a strand of my long black hair away from my face and looked over my shoulder.

“What should we wish for?” I asked him again, trying to get him to speak to me again. He snorted again and looked back at me for a moment.

“I don’t care. You make a wish,” he simply said, standing up. I stared at him and he leapt into the coming dark. I sighed and stared back down at the shimmering jewel. But what do I wish for?

‘For once, I don’t want to become Inuyasha’s mate.’ I thought sourly, remembering the times he treated me rather crudely. I shook my head to rid myself of the thoughts and closed my eyes. I wanted to see what my heart said and I was going to grant its very wish.

Before my eyes in my mind, stood a girl. The girl looked a bit like me but not all the way. This girl had long silvery hair; wide silver eyes and was slightly taller than I am. She had a slightly pointed and rounded face with elfish ears that had red and black markings along the very tips of them. She had markings along her bare forearms and along the sides of her necks. Her breasts were slightly high, her body curving in ways that even mine could not.

I stared at her, my mouth hanging open. She reached out towards me, her fingers long and slender. Her nails were not like my own but talons. Soft colored, they seemed almost white. She moved her body slightly and I saw a small tan and silver tail, silver and black stripes mixing into the color. She still had her hand out towards me.

I opened my eyes and felt my heart jump. My very heart desired to become a demon, just like Inuyasha. But it was different for me than it was for him. I put my hand over my heart and closed my eyes again. I knew the girl who stood before me was me. I may be a miko but I was part demon too. I opened my eyes again and stood up slowly. Then I bent down and picked up my bow and arrows. I sighed a breath of relief and slung the bow and arrows over one shoulder.

And when I looked up to the now dark sky with the stars twinkling above my head, I knew what I had to do.

-End Flashback-

Now I wonder if that choice was the right one. I’m still holding the shikkon no tama, but its color is dull and no longer shining. I shake my head and stare at myself through the blue waters of a still stream. I reach forward, my fingers grazing the still surface. The water rippled and I grinned back at myself. My fangs glittered and I shivered slightly. It seemed a little strange to be a full demon. I stood back up and looked up at a star or two.

I was still a little nervous about doing this but I couldn’t do anything about it now. I glanced back down at the water and slung my bow and arrows back over my shoulders. Then I turned away, my long gold and silver dress flowing out behind me. I started down the long path before me.