InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just A Memory ❯ Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Just A Memory

 

Chapter Two:

--------------------------

 

Sesshomaru stood on top of a snow caped hill, staring at the vast lands before his eyes. He blinked his cold amber eyes and sighed a breath of relief. His morning had been rather stressful for even him. After waking Rin, finding that she had a fever, greeting guests and trying to find a herb to soothe Rin’s ailments, he was tired. He sighed again and rubbed his aching eyes. Even his not tiring body ached in steady rhythm of his beating heart. But it was not all of what was bothering him. Earlier during the night last night, he scented a new demon. A demon that mixed with the scent of a miko. He could tell that this demon had not mated yet so it must’ve been conjured by a wish or some sort of magic. This did not bother him intently but it made him very curious to find more out about his newcomer.

He raised his nose to the northwest winds that blew his way and sniffed it. It brought new smells to his nose and the smell of the new demon as well. He pinned his ears back slightly as if this scent had made his stomach sour. Then he shook his head for just a second, trying to rid his mind of images that flashed before his eyes. A growl boiled in his throat and he fought against releasing it. If he were to find about this demon, he would have to keep his mind and body in control. He smelled the slight breeze again and the growl became even deeper. The smell of the demon was slightly stronger and smelled like the demon was in heat. He controlled his black blood and he let out another sigh. His ears pricked slightly, in the direction of his castle. He heard the ailing cries and whines of his beloved Rin and the moans and threats of Jaken. He chuckled and jumped down from his perch.

-

He walked the quiet hallways of his castle. The annoying guests that had come by earlier had left when they could not find him anywhere. He chuckled again and stopped before a door. He swiveled his ears slightly and heard the argument between the two. He then slowly pushed open the door, staring at a flushed Rin and an angry Jaken. A third figure stood in a corner, staring at the fighting two.

A young male demon well into his early hundreds. A childish looking face, wide golden eyes that flared red when angry, and a slender body with bird wings and a rather large plume on top of his head. This man had long honey brown hair that hung past his waist, bangs that hung to the base of his neck. Large pointed ears jutted past the locks and several earrings adorned the top of his ear. His wings were a black and were silky soft to the touch. Sesshomaru stared at the rather angry guardian.

“Ki-U,” he spoke a loud, finally announcing his presence, “that will be enough. The same goes for you as well Jaken,” his eyes flashed red for a moment, showing his little toad that he was pissed. Jaken gulped and bowed down, mumbling his apologies to his lord. Ki-U looked at Rin, then Jaken, then to Sesshomaru. He half bowed, bringing his arm over his chest, letting his feathers from his wing cover his body slightly. Rin looked to all of them before heaving a small cough. Her face was still flushed and the tips of her ears became very red during the argument.

“My Lord,” Jaken began but he cut the toad off. He hardened his gaze to the toad and kept his blood in check. There were many times when he wished he could kill the imbecile.

“You are to be making sure that Rin is alright,” he began quietly, letting his eyes flare red again. Jaken gulped and jumped back a step. Ki-U watched his lord and stepped forward. Sesshomaru looked at the guardian who was to be watching this girl.

“It was your responsibility Ki-U to make sure that she is feeling good, not getting angry at the two of you.” Sesshomaru spoke in a loud, harsh voice and he saw Ki-U visibly tremor slightly. He chuckled to himself and walked past Jaken.

“Are you OK Rin?” he asked, sitting down beside the small girl. She nodded and he smiled at her. “That’s good,” he said with a wide smile and Rin giggled. He stood back up and waited for the other two to bow down. Jaken stuttered but bowed down along with Ki-U.

Sesshomaru slowly walked out of the room, with Jaken following close to his heels.

“M’Lord, I noticed a new demon in the area,” Jaken said, but he was interrupted.

“Yes Jaken, I noticed the presence as well.” he glanced down at the toad and frowned. Where had this new demon come from and why was it in his territory? He frowned and slowly gripped and relaxed his hand, letting his nails dig into his skin softly. He let out a forced sigh and tried to make himself calm down. There was no reason to get so worked up…

--

At the beginning of the forest, stood a female demon. She had her ears pinned back, a growl growing in her throat. She had her claws out, staring ahead of her. She held her head high, her nose sniffing the air. Her hair stood on the edge, she was rooted to that spot. She lifted one ear and pricked it to the coming wind. A strange demon smell had filled her nose and it seemed.. Familiar.