InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just A Memory ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Just A Memory

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA. Even though I wish I did.

 

 

Chapter Three:

----------------------

I stood at the entrance of the forest, waiting. The demon I smelled seemed familiar. But I couldn’t pinpoint where. I had my claws out, ready for a moment’s notice. My ears pricked towards the woods again and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck and arms stand on the ends. But there was nothing near me so I tried to calm myself down slowly.

-Flashback-

“Bye Mama!” I called out, slinging my fat bag over my shoulders. My mother came to the door and waved goodbye to me. I waved back and smiled at my mother and now little brother who stood at the door too.

I went into the well house and down the bone eaters well. My thoughts flew to Inuyasha and I hopped out of the well, now back in my “second home” as I call it. Inuyasha. My thoughts froze quickly; we haven’t spoken for a while since I came back to take some tests back in my era. Plus, we had had a fight and I stomped off in protest just to piss him off.

I sat on the edge of the well and stared down into its darkness. Did I really want to go back? I still had the power to go back and forth since the jewel was whole again. But did I really want to?

‘Why don’t you just leave, bitch! I don’t need you! We don’t need you anymore!’ Inuyasha’s voice rang through my mind and I shook my head. My hands were clenched into fists and I was biting my bottom lip. But in a quick motion, I hopped down into the well and disappeared.

-End Flashback-

I had finally relaxed when I felt the presence disappear. I stared down at myself in the crystal clear water from the creek I had found. My long hair fell over my eyes and I brushed it back. A figure caught my eyes in the water and I whipped around quickly. Sesshomaru stood just a little ways away from me, watching me. I gasped as I stared at him, waiting for him to kill me. But he didn’t, just stood there a minute before speaking.

“You have the same scent as the wench that followed Inuyasha around.” Wench, gods, I could kill him for that. I growled and I saw him give me a funny look. I stood up quickly, my clothes draping themselves around my body protectively.

“I do not go by the name Wench. My name is Kagome! KAGOME!” boy, he was still the same as ever.

“Ah, so you are Kagome then.” Sesshomaru said, giving a chuckle. I frowned again and balled my hands into fists. Damn, he could be so annoying at times.

“What do you want?” I growled again, feeling myself wanting to pounce on him. He gave a sly smile and stared at my body. What a pervert. I crossed my arms and glared at him.

“I wanted to know if you’ll come to my lands to care for Rin for awhile.” he said rather softly and I had to flick one of my ears forward to hear what he had said. I let out a forced sigh and nodded, unsure why I even bothered to agree. He stepped closer to me and I caught his scent. A slightly husky smell, something I never noticed when I was a full human and miko. I still glared at him but not as much.

---

I followed behind him in his emitted from his throat and I frowned, unafraid. He wasn’t proving he could scare me as easily as before. I shook my hair and pricked both ears. She could hear Rin crying rather loudly. I glanced over at Sesshomaru, an eyebrow raised. He looked away quickly and I noticed a blush creep up on his cheeks.

“Is she sick?” I asked, tapping a long clawed finger on his sleeve. He glanced over at me and nodded his head, staring at the wall as much as possible. I let out a small sigh and walked forward a little ways behind him.

---

-Sessy’s thoughts; sort of-

She stared at everything in awe; I hadn’t told her I had a castle. Then again, she didn’t need to know. I glanced over at her again as she stepped beside me and I felt myself blush at the sight of her. The smell that she put off was intimidating and powerful. I told myself to stay, to remain calm and follow after her.

I glanced down at her hips, her slender hips that moved whenever she walked. The way her hair flowed out slightly behind her, the way she held her claws and fingers out slightly. Her rather high heeled shoes clicked against the marble flooring and I felt myself grow aroused from this sight. She was all I wanted right now, I just wanted to drink her into me. She never knew of these feelings, that I hoped for. I wanted them to stay quiet for a little while longer.

A low growl erupted from the back of my throat and I saw her prick her ears in my direction but not say a single word. Oh! That smirk on her lips told me everything! I shook my head slightly and glanced at her face again. A set look of determination upon her finely carved face, dark red markings adoring her cheeks, just as mine are. Even several dark red markings adored the skin of her wrist and down her collarbone. She was such a strange creature, such a strange on.

She glanced back at me, an almost sly grin upon her lush lips, her ears cocked back slightly at me. My body nearly screamed at me to have her then and there but I had to remain calm. I stopped and she was there by my side, staring at the door. She cocked her head to the side and waited for me to open the door. I opened the door slowly, peeked in and saw that Rin was finally sleeping.

“She’s asleep,” I whispered to Kagome and she went into the room, brushing past me. Her skin left tingles running up and down my arm and goose bumps chilling me. She sat down on the edge of the rather large bed and placed a hand on Rin’s forehead. I noticed Rin opening her eyes and Kagome singing softly to her. After a moment, Rin drifted back off to sleep and she stood back up and made her way back to me.

“I’ll see to her in a bit once I’ve got the proper medicine with me.” she gave me the instructions almost. I growled again and I earned myself a glare from her again. Her eyes were like mine, chilling, cool, and they said warning, stay away. But I did not listen, I challenged her.

“Are you commanding me?” I asked, a raised eyebrow, waiting for her definite answer. Her ears flicked back and forth in annoyance and I nearly grinned at this. The great miko was annoyed. He smirked and she sighed and shook her head.

“All I was saying that I need my huge back pack since that’s where I had my medicines. Unless, you can find me some herbs.” she said, flipping her hair back. I laughed and stared her down. Her eyes flashed and I wondered why this time.

“Sesshomaru, I don’t like being stared down like this.” she said, crossing her arms over her chest and tapping a clawed finger on her delicate skin. My mind snapped back into action and I backed down. The way her eyes sparked and flashed warned me of danger. Her eyes still bore into mine but they weren’t flashing as much.

“I am sorry,” I said, bowing low quickly and sweeping back up to face her. Her face had softened and I started forward. She fell into step beside me and I stopped at another door after a minute.

“This is your room, I’ll have a servant come for you when dinner is ready and when your things have arrived.” I became all business-like and opened the door for her. She stepped into the room and looked around. “There are some clothes on the bed.” I said again, shutting the door and walking away. I wanted to stay there and watch her undress and dress but I couldn’t. Not just yet.

I motioned one of the coming servants and instructed him on what his new duties were to be. He bowed low and walked towards her room. Her face came to mind and I felt aroused again. She is my torture.