InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just another sesshy/kagome fanfic ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome twirled to the left and brought her sword down upon the bull Youkai's skull. A grotesque crunch of splintering bone almost made the young woman cringe, but that would have been a fatal mistake. Even as she pulled her own weapon from the skull of the demon, her adrenalin heightened miko senses warned her of a demonic sword closing in on her, she was almost too late in flipping around to face the opponnet.
Relying purely on instinct the Miko pumped her own sword full of soul-energy, and blocked the demon-sword, but just barely. Straining upward with all her strength did no good against such a foe as a Tiger Youkai, he slowly pushed her own weapon down, coming closer and closer to her scalp.
“Hmmmm…a delicious morsole you will make.” The humainoid Youkai growled,running a rough tongue over his lips. “I may save your carcass for later purposes.” A yellow grin closed his sentence, and for the second time in as many minutes, Kagome almost cringed.
Despite the fact that she was terrified and disgusted beyond beleif, the young Miko called upon the tendrils of wild energy, energy which was almost white-hot with the young woman's rage. At once the tendril of purity curved into an "S" shape and struck as a snake would at the demon before her, a savage war-cry was torn from her blood-soaked lips as her enemy flinched back, giving her the only chance she needed to free her own weapon and plunge it into the tiger's chest, a fresh torrent of blood coating her white battle garb crimson. There was no satisfaction in this for her, but neither was there remorse. Such things as those had no time in battle, especially when ones life was at stake.
But that last burst of energy had left Kagome almost completely drained, and the miko hardly dared move for fear of loosing conciousness.There isno time for such wekness! Her body warned herEven as she composed herself yet another, more powerful demon was prepairing to launch itself at her and deliver a finishing blow. That was when she at last lost her balance and fell backward, holding onto her mind just long enough to realize that the fall had allowed her to doge the demon's sword, and he now was in battle with another.
There was no time for releif as a black Wolf Youkai rushed at her.
“S-Sesshomaru…” She cried in anguish.
And then all was dark.
Insects. All of them were mere insects before his blade. So weak! Tokijin sliced through the crowed of demons as a hot knife did butter, splattering gore everywhere but upon the glowing silver form that was Sesshomaru. Here he was in his element, where he belonged.
For Sesshomaru Lord of the Western lands was the bringer of death, and this was his domain. As well as his true love.
Never was he so engrossed that he lost awareness of his environment, however. And that was whenHER seductive battle-cry blessed his ears, and caused him to smirk to himself,one which sent the youkai before him running for dear mercy. The combination of the two set him into a world of pleasure. But it was not to last, for soon he also heard the voice of the only one who truly loved him (except Rin) crying out in agony.
“S-Sesshomaru..."
And for the first time in his reining life the Lord of the Western lands actually cared about something other than his power and lands.Also, for the first time, he was afraid of loosing not his life, but the life of something more precious. And so, with the miko set in his sights, he rushed to her. But even with all his strength, stamina,and speed, he held no hope of reaching his beloved before the final blow was struck. Bloodlust set into his eyes as his fangs lengthened ever so slightly.
And at what he was sure would be the last moment of the Miko's life, everything slowed down, his already impeccable senses heightened further, and he heard her breathing, her beating heart, as if he were within her. Calm. She was calm as if she were merely asleep within his castle and dreaming whatever dreams angels dream. And that was when he heard the metallic whiz of the wolf youkai's sword…and almost cringed as the sonicboom of such a powerful weapon being blocked scolded his senses.
And as time sped up again he realized that the demon Kagome had healed earlier had just saved her life, and now held her with all the protection of a demon bound by a blood-oath to his chest, fending off his opponents sword valiantly with a trembling battle axe of his own. The Taiyoukai of the West surprssed his jealously at the closeness of the two, and took his rage out upon the surrounding enemy.His eyes were still crimson with his raging bloodlust. Both from Kagome's predicament, the jealousy of the other demon, and his own shame. Shame for not being the one able to save the one he had only truely ever loved (excet Rin and not in that way).
At long last Sesshomaru came to his senses, and found the battle done, and the remainder of his army victorious. Exhailing inconspicuously, the lord of the West sheathed his sword,andturnedaway from the done battle without a word. He strolled boldly toward the demon thatdared holdwhat was his, and stood.Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes ever so slightly at the hideous, thickly build demon. Towering over him with a molten gaze which spoke of all but death for the creature within its sight.
"Give me the girl." Growed the Inu-youkai, an even moredangerous glint threatening to creep into his eyes. The demon, not daring to offend this great lord, hastily complied, lowering his eyes and comming close to wetting himself with terror. "You realize that touching a possesion of this Sesshomaru results in death."
"Yes O Mighty Lord Sesshomaru." The humbled demon replied.
"Good." The Taiyoukai grunted, gathering his youkai about him and allowing it to carry him off the battlefeild, his never-changing facade securely in place. Sesshomaru Signaled Ah-Un to follow, leaving the battle field behind.
He didn't taste the victory this time.
Sesshomaru touched down on the river's shore and laid his burden upon the grainy sands, attempting to calm the black beast of jealousy within his chest. A beast which was currently at war with one of which he had complete control over. The object of which was lying but a few feet in front of the taiyoukai.
How could you have let that hideous thing touch her!Her beautiful scent has been marred! We should tear the perpetrator apart; limb from limb, let our toxins sting his very heartRanted the feral beast within him.
`Peace! Because of you we have just as good as declared her our mate! We have endangered not only our own throne but our kingdom and the life of the one we fought the entire war for!' Silence greeted he accusation, and the very reasonable beast within Sesshomaru continued. `I have a feeling that I will regret this decision, but the only way to protect our dignity, our lands, and…her would be to mark her as our mate.'
And then we tear that mongrel to pieces?Crooned the slightly calmed feral beast thoughtfully. Reason sighed.
`no. He is a dedicated soldier and saved her life, we must allow him to live.'
damn! I knew there was a catch!Brooded Jealousy. Ah, well, I refuse to mate with her if she is unwilling. But I also refuse to allow any other man near her… alive that is…
`Arg! Your so…possessive!' hissed his other half.
“Sesshomaru sama? Are you okay?” Kagome's voice cut through the argument as effectively as a hot butter knife.
The taiyoukai was glad that she was awake, but now that he was again outside of himself, the reek of battle hit his senses, nearly making him gag. Such a stench would usually attract endless numbers of predatory demons, he assumed the only reason they hadn't arrived yet was because his scent was also mingled in with the concoction. A gust of wind blowing towards him made his mind up.
“Bathe.” The dog youkai commanded, turning his back upon her and heading into the forest, where he sensed a hot-spring to rid himself of the same reek which clung to her and her miko garb. He halted when he scented a spike of anger rise in the miko, this surprised Sesshomaru, she hadn't been angry or even shown the emotion around him since the very beginning. Slowly he turned, only to catch her rising, unsteadily, to her feet. He could tell she fought for balance before beginning to wander toward the woods. The taiyoukai had to refrain from sighing rubbing his temples as he asked, “Where are you going?”
“I'm going to go bathe!” Exclaimed the miko, for the first time in a while unable to control her irritation with the taiyoukai. Kagome then proceeded to storm off into the forest, where she silently ranted. Who does he think he is? The moment I wake up he practically blanches and tells me I stink! And then he has the nerve to ask where I'm going? As if he expects me to bathe in that freezing river when even I can sense the hot-spring nearby! The miko swiftly changed direction, sighing in resignation as she slipped out of her completely ruined miko garb, and cringed in disgust as the material clung to her now mottled skin. Her bra was in similiar condition, but underneath there was spotless, giving her the look of some sort of strange fasion model with a tanline of blood. Unfortuneatley, her under panties weren't so fortuneate, and she tossed them aside, a gigantic hole in the rear the reason of their demise.
Kagome sighed once more, this time in utter delight as she slid into the hot-spring, the loosest peices of grime floating away from her body, giving her the impression of melting. Wishing desperatley she had some shampoo or at least some soap, the young miko began to scrub at her scalp and skin. Screaming as a writhing river-spider fell from her now naturally colored tresses. Swiftly she splashed the the bug away from her. "I wonder how long that was there..." Kagome visibly shuttered, as she made her way across the spring, in the opposite direction the spider had undoubtedly landed.
Without warning she tripped over a rock, squealing as she anticipated hitting the rocks on the opposite bank, the miko was completely surprised when she instead came in contact with what was undoubtedly bare flesh. Knowing perfectly well what and who it was, and wondering with terror why she hadn't sensed him, and what he would do to her, the miko stared up into the golden eyes of Sesshomaru.
The young miko came into reality when she realized something wasn't right. For one, she was naked, for two she was laying on something warm and breathing, while something exceedingly soft lay draped over her. After further inspection she decided that it also had a slow strong heartbeat. Soon after these realizations fully sunk in, her pains began anew, and it was all Kagome could do not to groan protest to the two new pains added to the old battle-wounds. Despite her attempts to hold her discomfort in check, Kagome felt whoever was beneath her shift both their weight and what felt like a soothing salve was applied to one of the new wounds upon her neck. The other wound was between her thighs, and resembled the after pain of something being jabbed into her, and that was when, in a flash, the young priestess remembered what had happened last night.
Brown eyes met amber and locked together for what seemed an eternity, for the first time all Kagome's passions broiled to the surface. Her undying gratitude flooded out first, and then like a watered seed her once torn love sprang from the flood and from those two the lust which all women feel when faced with such a perfect candidate for the next generation. None would do but Sesshomaru. Perhaps it was this desperate notion that Sesshomaru would be for her. Perhaps she just went temporarily insane on PMS and female hormone, whatever the reason the young miko felt her lips pressed gently to the Taiyoukai's with no conscious recollection of willing her body to do it. Kagome felt her stomach drop out of her body entirely and her heart rise into her throat, never had the miko tasted such perfection. Not that she had kissed many men before, anyhow. (Inuyasha in his crazy demon form doesn't count o.O) It was not until the miko realized who this was and how he felt about most humans that the young priestess leapt back as if burned.
All Kagome could think was a mixture between “What have I done!” “Oh my gosh!” and “It was SO worth it.” Logic finally fully overcame her and Kagome flung herself even further clapping a hand over her mouth as if she just realized that the most heinous act a mortal could achieve had been done by her own lips. Throughout it all Sesshomaru regarded her with his unyielding expression of boredom. Although Kagome thought wistfully that she had seen a flicker of his own love across his eyes, she was quick to squelch such optimism. For she was, without a doubt, about to die.
Sesshomaru rose effortlessly to his feet and the miko cowered into the deeper waters, only her nose and eyes visible above the steamy waters. Even as he came closer the miko could not tear her gaze away from those enchantingly ancient eyes, which held such calm, wisdom, and clarity that Kagome could almost believe she was going to live.
“On your feet, Kagome.” Came the Taiyoukai's even toned voice. That seductively low voice was impossible to disobey, it commanded instant compliance with the very thought of its use. And so Kagome rose, timidly, slowly, modestly, her cheeks burning crimson as she tore her eyes away from his and down to the misty waters in submission, every fiber of her being expecting for the Taiyoukai to strike her down then. What happened instead, however unexpected it may have been, was not in the least unwelcome. For the Taiyoukai grabbed the tiny miko into his arms and pressed his mouth passionately against her own…of course it was this single passionate kiss which awoke her feminine instincts…and after that was a blur of passionate moans and slick bodies slamming together then a sharp pain in her neck and darkness.
And now here she laid, the form what had terrified her into senselessness before now applying a soothing salve to her neck. The young miko could not help but stretch and croon in her comfort, causing the taiyoukai to cease temporarily in his ministrations. For a moment Kagome was confused as to what he was using and how he got the salve, but when she opened her eyes she understood, the mighty lord Sesshomaru was licking her. The very thought of it elicited a giggle, and that giggle a growl. But the miko knew he would not harm her and so went on with her small giggles. These ceased, however, when the pain of her mark bit through her happy haze, and she brought her hand up to touch it, only for it to be caught in the hand of the Taiyoukai, as he continued to lick her wound.
“You…marked me?” All playfulness had gone from her person, though she had dreamed of this day she knew what it meant for the Taiyoukai, what he would have to go through in order to keep his territory once the other demon lords caught wind of his new “weakness.” Sesshomaru did not change his pace to answer, which did not matter since the miko continued on as if he had answered.
“Why? I am human, I'll age and die in front of you.” Kagome was mostly speaking to herself but this time Sesshomaru growled sharply in reply.
“Do not question this Sesshomaru.” Kagome flinched at first and held her tongue, but soon realized that she had many questions burning at the back of her mind, and threw caution to the wind for the first time since she had toasted that Demoness.
“Sesshomaru, wasn't your father killed for taking a human to mate?” This earned a slight rumble in his throat but nothing more sinister.
“He was killed because he was too weak to defend his mate. You will not lack such protection.”
“But the Jewel!” Gasped Kagome “We've yet to defeat Naraku and regain the Shikon-no-Tama!” The priestess jerked upright and gasped again as her previous and recent wounds protested loudly.
“You are making Excuses, Kagome. What's done is done, you are the lady of the west, and you are mine. Now lay back, you have wounds to recover from.” Obediently the young miko lay still against her mate, but as when she first woke up the pain between her legs swelled and became an all time pain in the vagina.
“Gah I wish I had some pain reliever for my OTHER wound from last night.” Mumbled Kagome as her pain swelled and then died and then swelled with her heart. A gleam entered the demon lord's eye as his locked with hers.
“Is that what you wish?” There was no emotion behind the remark that Kagome could place.
“Yes, its unbearable!” The all too common exasperation colored the miko's retort.
“Than that is what you shall receive.” Purred the demon-lord huskily in her ear as he removed himself from behind her and bent between her legs to do just that…
Kagome wandered the lonley corridors of Sesshomaru's castle, her soft feet were silent on the unyielding stone. She kept Rin close in the absence of Sesshomaru, and made sure to keep her energy high enough for the demons in the immediate vicinity to sense her and steer clear of the holy energy. This saved the two of them any unpleasant surprises… for the most part.
“Kagome, when will Lord Sesshomaru be back?” Questioned Rin for the fiftieth time. The young miko did not loose her patience, she knew the silence unnerved the girl, just as it unnerved the priestess.
“He's busy defending his territory from Naraku's forces, we probably won't see him for a while. Don't be so sad Rin, Sesshomaru's a very powerful demon, I'm sure he'll be back in one piece.” Replied the young woman assuredly.
“Oh…that's not why I'm sad, I know Lord Sesshomaru will be back…its just so empty in the castle when he's gone.” Rin sighed.
Kagome chose not to comment on that, although she knew exactly what the youngster meant. Without Sesshomaru the castle felt like enemy territory, her miko senses warning of dangerous demons around every corner. Kagome had barely been able to keep herself from killing one of the demons whom had (seemingly) appeared out of nowhere to inform the `Lady of the West' on the status of the troops, and her lord. Luckily he had been a very agile demon, and she a very bad shot. Needless to say none of the guards had approached her while she held an arrow on the training field without giving warning again.
Kagome's muscles froze up and she grasped Rin's hand in her own. Had she sensed what she had thought she sensed? The priestess lifted Rin and accomplished an adrenaline-heightened run toward the nearest demon.
“What seems to be the problem my Lady?” A slightly disgruntled demon questioned to the panicked, heaving mistress of the house.
“I…Sense the tainted jewel…closing in on the castle!” Cried the Lady of the West (wow I feel weird calling Kagome that o.O). The guards eyes narrowed slightly in doubt, an action he would never had dared if it were a mistress demon who had informed him.
“Impossible! You of all people should know Sesshomaru's power.” Guffawed the demon. Kagome clenched her jaw and drew the demon closer to her, allowing miko power to crackle over her skin.
“Do you doubt your Lady?” She growled, maternal panic making her twenty times more aggressive than she would normally be. The demon's eyes narrowed slightly before he realized that by doubting the Lady he doubted the Lord, in which instance his eyes immediately shot open and he shook his head.
“Good. Now prepare for a siege!” She thrust the demon from her, at last feeling the weight of Rin on her hip. She set her down as the demon ran down the hall, and turned to her.
“Rin, I need you to go lock yourself in Lord Sesshomaru's chambers.” Kagome explained gently, “Don't open the door for anybody but me. Okay?” Rin nodded, her eyes wide with terror, Kagome spun her around and gave her a slight push to get her going in the right direction. The obedient child sprinted down the hall one way while the Lady of the West turned to run the opposite direction.
 
Kagome was not surprised by the looks she received from the demons. Not many of them had expected such bravery from a mere human. They seemed to group all mortals under the title of sniveling cowards. The priestess could barley suppress a smirk, she was about to prove them wrong. On the walls of the castle she could see the dark wall of miasma moving steadily toward the castle. Likely drawn by the few shards she had retained, and now wore around her neck.
The troops were all ready, there was nothing to do but to wait as the forces drew nearer. The demons on either side of her shifted uneasily, unsure as to whether or not she should be fighting. They knew what the Lord would do if anything were to happen to his Lady…but they also knew it was the Lady's job to keep the Lord's honor intact in his absence (I'm not sure if that really is true, but hey its my fanfic). Whatever these demons thought of her standing and fighting with them, they kept their mouths shut.
At last the advancing cloud of miasma was within firing range, and Kagome strung her bow. She willed her energy into the arrow and took careful aim at the tainted shine within the miasma. She silently prayed that it hit the mark as she released, and watched the fun unfold. Her pink arrow raced alone toward the cloud dissipating it entirely as it touched, and continued to zoom straight for Naraku. He leapt to the side and easily avoided it. Kagome had expected nothing less.
There was a moment of peace, before the real fun began.

 
Naraku's forceshad pushed Sesshomaru's guards to the innermost walls of their stronghold within the first night of the siege. But not without some casualtieson their side, of course. Most the flying demons had been vanquished by Sesshomaru's Archers, including Kagome, while the enemy's catapults had been burned to cinders by Sesshomaru's spies. Now Naraku's troops were attempting to storm the wall with ladders, and sniping those who attempted to remove these devices. It was during this hectic time that Kagome blanched at the sight of an orange and pink kimono.
“Rin!” Shouted Kagome as she rushed from her ladder and toward the young girl who was straining to assist the guards with another. Kagome sighted the sword above Rin's head before she saw the body of the hideous demon that wielded it. Pumped full of maternal adrenaline Kagome rushed forward, her miko powers shooting sky-high with her emotions. Luckily Sesshomaru's Guards felt the panic in the uncontrollable waves and dispersed as a wave crashing on a rock would. Fortuneatley enough the sense of an emotionally charged miko froze the once grinning figure before he could cause any harm to Rin, who was standing directly below him, dazed and confused as to where her ally demons had dissapeared to.
With a push of her muscles the Lady of the West grabbed Rin in her arms and twisted around to glare mercilessly at the demon, while she held her palm out and sent a purifying straight down the ladder, frying the few on the top and causing a hasty retreat from those on the bottom. Kagome knew that her display wouldn't buy much time, but maybe she would have enough to get Rin to safety. And so like any mother she took Rin in her arms and rushed towards the nearest safe spot. It was when Kagome turned to chew Rin out that she felt the castle shudder, and stopped in her tracks.
The enemy had constructed a battering ram.
The priestess froze, torn between getting Rin to safety and securing the door in order to keep that safety from falling into the hands of the enemy. Whatever she did, the young woman decided, she would not cringe here like a dog awaiting a nasty kick from its master. She would fight! But what of Rin? Kagome hardened her resolve, she would have to defend Rin as well as the castle, and what better way to do that than to have Rin at her side at all times.
“Rin stay close, and stay low.” Hissed Kagome as she set the girl down and rushed toward the splintering door. She was stopped short, however, by a strong hand grabbing her firmly upon her upper-arm. Her miko energy crackled irritably over her skin, but the hand was unyeliding, despite a slight flinch.
“My Lady, the castle is lost, you must get to safety.” It was one of Sesshomaru's most trusted guards. Kagome glared at him much as she had the enemy she had toasted mere moments before.
“No! This castle will not be lost until I lay dying in a pool of my own blood!” Snarled Kagome fiercely, taking both herself and the guard aback.
“My Lady…?” Queried the guard. Kagome stared with shocked eyes, not at the guard but past him and into herself. What had made her say that? It was so uncharacteristic of her…but then again, ever since Sesshomaru had mated her she had done a lot of things that were uncharacteristic.
“I'm sorry…yes…I'll go.” Kagome responded hollowly.
“There is a squadron awaiting you near the underground passage.”
“Aren't you coming?”
“No. I am needed more here.” Kagome nodded before the guard guided her in the right direction.
“Thank you.” Kagome clutched Rin's hand, as much for her own reassurance as for the girl's, and sprinted toward the “secret passage”.
 
Judging by the sounds behind her, Kagome assumed that the castle had fallen, and Naraku had discovered the passage. Luckily she and the half-dozen guards were already out, and were now sealing the side-passage they had taken to throw the enemy off.
“Someone will have to tell Sesshomaru what happened.” Kagome stated, as if answering some inaudible question. “Do you think you can get to him?” The squadron nodded. “Good. You go to him. Tell him what has happened.” Kagome turned the opposite direction of the battle-front of Sesshomaru.
“My lady we cannot go without you.” One of the soldiers stated.
“You will find him, and that's an order. I am still the Lady of the West in the Lord's absence and if he doesn't like my order tell him to take it up with me.” Ground Kagome with a frostiness to match said Lord's. The guards were doubtful but obeyed, nonetheless, both parties going separate ways.
Kagome pulled her hood over her head to hide Sesshomaru's mark. It would be safer that way. The young priestess steeled her shoulders against the unknown and headed toward the bone-eater's well.