InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just another sesshy/kagome fanfic ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark taresses splayed across the young mikos face as she gazed down upon the young child before her, who had just finished writing her first ever sentance all on her own. It read:
Sesshomaru is my father; Kagome is my mother.
Kagome had to supress the grin on her face at even the thought of being the mate of the wonderous demonlord. And Rin was such a beautiful young child, the miko loved the idea. She ruffled the childs hair with pride and praised her, telling her that she had done enough this day and that she could now go out and play.
"I'm going to show my sentance to Sesshomaru-sama!" Cried the child as she rushed off, paper in hand. Kagome grinned at the childs livlihood, and set to work cleaning the study that lord Sesshomaru had allowed them to use as a classroom this day. Thinking to herself how beautiful rin was going to be once she was grown, and feeling an ache in her heart where her family used to be.
"Mother must be worried sick about me..."
"Sesshomaru-sama!" Exclaimed Rin as she scampered toward the almighty figure of the man she had named her father. "Sesshomaru-sama come look what I did all by myself!" The child held the paper with her untidy scrawl out to the demon lord, who took it gently in his hand. His face was impassive as he read it over and returned it to the child. He nodded once to her before continuing to stalk the halls of his fortress. All at once Rin's excitement exploded, and she leapt with joy in all her excitement. "Sesshomaru-sama likes it!" She squealed as she scurried away, reciting those three words. She rushed past Kagome, who was dressed in miko garb similar to kikyo's only kagome's were entirly white, her raven hair contrasting beautifly with her outfit and pale skin. The miko grinned at the love in Rins voice as she cried her three words of hapiness.
The young woman continued down the hall, toward the place she knew the demon lord to be, steeling herself to again attempt to express her love for the demonlord. As last time she came up and took her place slightly behind the taiyuki (sp?) so that if there were any guest's in the palace, they would know that she was not the same status. As it was, the inu-yuki was in the middle of a negotiation with the lord of the east, disscussing an alliance. Kagome knew that she would have to wait here until he was finished with the other lord.
For hours she waited, trying to organize how she was going to explain herself to Sesshomaru, and at last his new ally left and he turned his sights to the young miko.
"You may speak."
"Sesshomaru-
"Sesshomaru, won't you abandon that stinking, worthless, ugly human and accompany your mistress back to your room?" The seductive voice of a cat demon purred. Again Kagome forgot all about confessing her love, as rightous rage englufed her mind.
"Stinking!" She shouted, making sure to subdue the miko power within herself as not to obliderate her loved one. Despite her efforts, however, electric-like tendrils of her pinkish energy purified the air, and burned the skin of the demoness, comming close to even Sesshomaru in her outrage. "Ugly?" Her anger took another step up and her energetic tendrils were fed even further. The cat demoness was directly hit, and she shreiked in agony, Kagome regained control of her energy just enough to direct the stray bolts to the demoness, lifting her from the ground. "I am NOT worthless!" She hissed draining the power from the demon cats body perminently and storing it within herself.
When the last of the cats energy was drained kagome dropped her to the ground and choked back a sob as tears streamed down the sides of her face. Kagome had known that Sesshomaru had most likley bedded other women before, but it didn't lesson the hurt she felt thinking or hearing about it. The young woman was slightly surprised when a strong arm caught her around the back and held her into a muscular chest. She buried her head in the white fabric of his haori (is that what that thing he wears is?) and sobbed. And at last, she found the words she was looking for.
"Sesshomaru...I love you..." She uttered before twisting from his grasp and rushing out of the room.
Kagome loved him? That ningen loved him? How? Why? Certainly he had doen nothing to encourage this beavior...this feeling for him. Yes, he knew feelings, in spite of his stoic mannerisms he knew very well what emotions were, for he possessed the full array of them, to greater exstents than anybody could ever imagine. And Sesshoumaru had felt a great anger and repulsion for the demoness whom had so boldly and fully thrown herself at him in a feeble attempt to seduce him. Anyone could tell she had no self respect or self worth within herself, how could that dispiciable wench have even dreamed to earn any affection from him? Had the miko Kagome not already seen to her death, he'd have killed her himself. That fact was not important at the moment, howevver, for now he had to write an official notice to the Lady of the Easts vassles, who would no doubt want an all-out war to avenge their mistress' death. Despite the problems the pretty young onna's actions had broguht, Sesshoumaru couldn't find it within himself to feel even slightly irritated towards the miko. Instead he felt a soft warm glow in his chest that he refused to identify while work was yet to be done.
Kagome ran from it all, her eyes blinded, her heart fractured, though not so much as to drive her to a point once reached and breached. For thanks to Inuyasha's seemingly nightly visits to Kikyou (i think thats how you spell it right? I don't think i was ever corrected on it...) she had become so much stronger. She smiled in fond rememberance of her once loved hanyou, despiter herself. The smile was jarred by a sob, however, as she tripped over a very large root, and fell to the base of an extremely ancient tree. The young miko dried her eyes on the soft, sweet-smelling grasses and staired up with wonder at the tree. She realized it was bigger by far than even the God Tree and still the same species. Two of its roots split in an odd way, opening up to a hollow benieith the tree, where several human bodies could easily fit. It was a perfect resting place, that small alcove with mosses...within and Kagome adopted it as her own immediatley, crawling right in and making herself at home. The darkness under the tree gave her comfort, strangely enough, and even seemed to help her think... Sesshomaru hadn't even seemed to acknowledge that Neko Youkai (is there a different type of youkai for male and female? You know like Demon...Demoness...?) maybe she hadn't been in his bed before?
She shook her head, remembering that she hadn't really given him a chance to react before justifiably stepping up to defend her ningen...ness...the young priestess sighed and shook her head. Well at least she had told him! She had finally, after two months, told the cold, stoic, breathtakingly beautiful inu taiyoukai that she loved him. But not the way she had wanted... she felt the sting of more tears forming in the back of her eyes at the memory that had taken place not even a half hour ago. She didn't want to go back and face what she was sure would be rejection. Why would Sesshoumaru, one of the most feared, demon lords in Japan love her? A lowly...ningen... She heaved a sigh, no matter what, she wasn't going to run, she would go back to the castle, no matter what. Even if he did bed other women, she had to be with him, or else all she would be able to think about would be him! Kagome heaved a sigh, wishing, hoping, praying for the deadly taiyoukai to have mercy upon her for so horribly injuring his guest, maybe even killing her. And what if Sesshomaru really loved her? What if she had done something so horrible as to kill the one woman he loved? She gasped as irrational fear and remorse for her rash action over took her, before reason finally reigned her in.
If he had loved her, he would have stopped you, but what did he do instead? He had held her, if he had loved that Neko Youkai, he would not have held her to his strong muscular frame, he would have crushed her, would have choked her. No Lord Sesshomaru did not feel for that cat demoness, she was sure. The young miko Kagome staired out of her comforting santuary and noticed it was very dark. "i must have been out here for hours for it to get this dark." The girl sighed as she prepaired to crawl from the warm roots of this tree, only to shiver violently at the chill in the air. It was so warm, in this hollow tree trunk...and no demon would dare to tresspass on Sesshoumarus lands... With a contented sigh Kagome decided to plop down on the soft mosses and curl into a comfortable position. Tomorrow she would return to the castle and fulfill her duties, then she would bring some extra things down from her room and personalize her dwelling. She sighed contentedly and drifted easily into slumber, dreaming of a white haired inu-youkai, who put Inuyasha to shame.
"Sesshoumaru-Sama!" Cried Rin in a rather worried tone of voice. The golden eyed demon lord gave no outward sign as to have heard her, but Rin knew he had. "Sesshoumaru-Sama Kagome-Sensai is not here! She is not in her room! She is not in the baths! Jaken-Sama has not seen her all day! And she has not come to teach me yet today either!" Rin blurted out all in one breath. The great Taiyoukai paused in his writings for an instant before picking up where he left off. He was slightly perturbed that she had not yet returned, but not surprised. After a few moments of Rin fiddling nervously with her cute little kimono the great inu-youkai decided he would qualm her fears.
"I will return her." Stated Sesshoumaru, catching the delighted look Rin gave.
"Thank you...daddy." She said the last word so softly, but Sesshoumaru heard it clear as day. He caught the russle of the hem of her kimono whipping through the doorway as she ran from his office. The taiyoukai of the west gave a ghost of a half-smile as he relinquished his pen and decided that for once the work could wait, as he gathered his youkai at his feet in preperation to start his search.
"I'm so sorry Sesshomaru-sama!" Kagome shouted for the fiftieth time, Sesshomaru had to suppress the growl her high-pitched voice evoked, but could not bring himself to berate her for it. Come to think of it, he was at a loss as of what to say...usually such an action as voluntarily leaving the grounds and staying out for more than a day would mean that her position in his castle was forfeit…however, such a thought was forcefully pushed from his temples, she was not ignorant of the rules, but he assumed she had not meant to stay out for so long. And as if reading his mind Kagome spoke, “ano, Sesshomaru-sama… I hadn't meant to stay out so long, I know its no excuse…but I…fell asleep.” She suppressed a jittery giggle that died in her chest as realization hit her. He was acting as if she had never confessed her love for him to him, she sighed inwardly, `well yeah of course he's acting like that! He's probably disgusted by you, but is too aristocratic to say anything about it.' She felt a pang of guilt at killing the Demoness, she hadn't deserved to die…and Kagome knew it was not her place to kill the neko youkai.
The demon lord sensed her uneasiness and regret, assuming, correctly, that she felt remorse for killing the demoness. The stoic Taiyoukai then shifted to the upcoming war, for the sick and dying Eastern Lord had found that his daughter had been murdered through some leak in his fortress. And he even knew of whom had killed her, Sesshomaru stole a glance at the young miko, it had been within her natural rights to defend her honor as she had. Though who'd have guessed she'd jump so swiftly and attack so fiercely? She had surprised even him, Lord Sesshomaru of the West with the power of her outrage. No doubt because she had felt shamed, in front of the one she loved. A ghost of a smile threatened to appear upon his features, and he still did not want to identify the warm feeling within his chest at thinking she loved him. But he couldn't help but feel it was his resemblance to his brother Inuyasha that attracted her, at the very thought the pleasant warm sensation in his chest was replaced by a writhing monster he'd never known was there…the beast spit and hissed within him seeming to attack his very core.
Kagome was at a loss, she was hurt that the inuyoukai was ignoring her, but she did not press it, for even though it hurt to be ignored by the one she had chosen…it hurt even worse when she was not in his presence. “LORD SESSHOMARU!” The annoying squall of Jaken shattered the silence. The inuyoukai continued his pace as the toad caught up to the both of them. “SESSHOMARU-SAMA! I HAVE JUST HEARD THE NEWS THAT THE EAST DECLAIRED WAR AGAINST YOU BECAUSE OF THE FOOLISH ACT OF THAT MIKO!”
“There is no need to shout, Jaken.” The stoic lord stated.
“My apologies, my lord…” The imp bowed his head in shame. Kagome's mind was reeling, however. `Its because of me…' she thought, a fresh wave of guilt tearing at her. Now Sesshomaru will have to fight in a war! And it was all her fault…because of her love for him, and her jealousy…she could not let this war happen, or at least, she had to partake in it, for it was her fault it started in the first place.
“Lord Sesshomaru, I wish to accompany you to war.” The hardness in her voice surprised even her. “Seeing as it is my fault that it has come about.” The Taiyoukai halted and turned his head halfway around to regard her with emotionless eyes. After a brief moment he continued his pace. “Indeed.” Was his brief reply.
……………………̷ 0;………………………… 230;…………………………& #8230;………………………… ;…………………………R 30;……….AT WAR…………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……..
Kagome shivered in the front lines, from a combination of fear, excitement, and downright cold. Sesshomaru was just in front of her, seeming regal in his stance with both Tokijin and Tensiega at his armless side. She then turned her attention to the other youkai she was allying herself with. It had been all but nightmarish at her arrival, many of the youkai had thought her an enemy and rushed her, many anticipating her flee, but instead she had stood her ground and drawn her bow against them, it did not matter that they were her allies against the East, if they tried to kill her. Sesshomaru had halted them however, without even so much as bothering it raise his voice to be clearly heard he had uttered one word, “stop,” and they had complied instantly.
That had been naught but an hour ago, and now here she stood, between two large, muscular, sweaty demon bodies, her arms touching each of theirs. The two demons seemed to be ignoring her, as she was trying to do them, and finding it increasingly difficult as her miko senses and powers warned her of dangerous youkai nearby. Ever since she had killed that demoness she found them increasing in power, and harder to control. The untrained miko suppressed the power the best she could, but was unable to stop the electric-like bolts that woudl crackle over her skin, or bow every now and then, causing all the youkai around her to flinch visibly. Well…all but one. She smiled warmly at the back of her love, and vowed that she would do her best in this battle, no matter what.
At last the Inuyoukai signaled for them to advance, and Kagome found that it was harder than she had thought, trying to keep up with the youkai run, and she was almost left behind, when a familiar whirlwind appeared next to her.
“Yo.” The wolf prince stated, “need a lift?” He grinned wolfishly as she nodded, eyes relieved as he took her into his arms.
“No, Kouga, if I ride your back then I can free my hands to fire my arrows.” The wolf nodded and with little effort relocated her to his back, where she gripped with her knees and notched an arrow into her bow, purifying the arrow as she took aim at a troublesome-looking youkai just above their heads with its talons in fighting position. The young miko took aim, prayed to Kami her arrow hit, and let it fly. The sacred arrow hit the bird-creature in the underside, drawing a pained cry from it as it was purified and disappeared in a flash of smoke. `One down, 999,999,999 to go.' Thought Kagome to herself.
Her arrows did not last long, and Kouga could not fight with her on his back, she assured him that she'd be fine if he let her down, and accepted her next role as a healer. During her stay in the feudal Japan she had learned many things, but only recently had she been taught to mend serious injuries by concentrating her miko-energy. She had been assured that this would work on even demons, without purifying them, if she concentrated long and hard enough. And, choosing one of the demons that had been rubbing arms with her earlier (like he had a choice as packed as they had been) she knelt down next to his moaning form, pressed her hands to his oozing chest, and dug within herself for the knowledge and skill to heal.
As the pinkish light enveloped his wound, the youkai screamed in agony, as his previously mortal wound began to close. Her healing energies may not be fatal to the demons, but that did not mean they were completely without consequence...