InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Desserts ❯ The First Idea... ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Now the way I see it, even though I don't own Inuyasha, I've got to own something. So I looked around for a bit and found this strange little plotbunny hiding under my bed. I fed it lots of ideas and carrots and voila! Here's the product. Enjoy…

~The first idea isn't always the brightest…is there a plan B?

"Hmm I see. So you two have lived near each other for years, and never become friends?" The first of the group you happened to come across was the monk, Miroku. 'He's pretty cute,' you thought to yourself. That was before his roaming hands found their way to your backside. Even talking to him now, there was still the faintest hint of red where you slapped him. Despite his groping tendencies, you find that you actually like the monk.

"Yeah, it's strange I know," you admit sort of sheepishly.

"Why?" This from Shippou, the little fox-demon kit. He is sitting in your lap, and has been asking you questions about Kagome and your time all evening. When he saw you and found out who you were he immediately asked Kagome if all girls from your time were pretty. Not wanting to let him down you'd told him that when humans turned 15, they all went to a factory that made them look fabulous. Inuyasha snorted.

"Inuyasha should go to one of those!" Shippou had said, followed quickly by a bonk on the head from the annoyed hanyou.

Kagome shrugs. "I have no idea myself. I guess we got wrapped up in our own little worlds." She smiles apologetically at you, and you return the gesture. It really doesn't make any sense that you haven't spoken before now. See how quickly things change?

"Well I must admit it is rather odd, but not unbelievable. I'm personally more curious to find out how you swallowed the Shikon shards." Sango tilts her head to the side just slightly as she asks. The exterminator(demon slayer) has been most persistent in following that particular topic. And let's face it, you've been pretty persistent in ignoring it.

"It was just a freak accident," you blunder hopelessly. All eyes are on you now, and you can't seem to make the redness burning through your cheeks subside. 'Great' you think 'They're all going to think I'm an idiot and I've just met them.'

Sango seems like she would ask more, but Kagome jumps in, "It was the craziest thing, but it could have happened to anybody. The thing we need to worry about now is getting it out."

"I know how to get it out," mutters Inuyasha, glaring at you and fingering his sword.

Kagome starts, and after 'sitting' him, she turns to you and says, "He's just kidding."

Shippou eyes the prostrate hanyou suspiciously. "I don't know about that Kagome," he says with the kind of blunt honesty only children have. You sigh. What are you going to do about this? You can't go home. Then an idea comes to you. Looking around the group, you can only think of one person you feel comfortable putting the idea to.

You lean very close to Kaede, cupping your hand around her ear and say, "Won't the jewels just…you know…pass? I mean I can't digest them…" you let your voice trail off.

"What kind of idiot idea is that?" howls Inuyasha.

"Just shut up!" you snarl, wishing you could sit him like Kagome. She'd explained the prayer beads to you briefly, and now more than ever you wished you could subdue him too.

Kaede shakes her head like a parent over a couple of unruly kids. "Ignore Inuyasha. He was once this way with lady Kagome." You huff at that, but don't try to keep the issue open. Kaede continues, "As for your suggestion, it will not work, unfortunately. Ye see the sacred jewel is even now, being absorbed into your body. If ye were a demon it would have happened almost instantly, but humans react differently to the jewel, depending on their intent.

"Ye had no intention of using the jewel, and so for the time it rests, mostly dormant inside of you. But take heed, lady ___________. The jewel that was once kept pure by Kagome's power, is now receptive to your will. It is up to you to keep it as pure as possible, until we can come up with a-" she casts a wry smile Inuyasha's direction "-reasonable course of action."

So yes…lot's of information there. Let's focus on one thing at a time…

"But this absorbing thing. You say it's mostly dormant now? Is that like mostly dead?" Nobody laughs, not even Kagome. Guess they haven't seen The Princess Bride. No matter, you've never been under any illusions about your unique sense of humor. "Okay, so earlier you told me not to panic because the jewel will be absorbed faster that way. Why?"

Kaede nods, as if she had been expecting this question. "Your body reacts to your fear, and instinct will draw deliberately on the jewels power, causing it to absorb into you completely."

"Okay, so no big deal, I just stay out of trouble until we work this out. How hard can that be?" You get an uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach at the looks of your companions. You try, but none of them will meet your eyes. Well…almost none.

"But the demons will come after you now," chirps Shippou. He puts one tiny paw on each of your cheeks to make you look at him. "They all want the jewel shard."

"But it's inside of me," you protest, "How can they-"

"They are drawn to it's power," interrupts Inuyasha, and his usual malice has slipped slightly. "Even inside of you, they can sense it. And they won't be so careful of removing them from you as we might be."

"So instead of a sword they'll use a dirty knife and a folding table?" (a/n movie reference number two: Dirty Dancing- the real one!)

He doesn't catch your sarcasm. "Fangs, and claws most likely. Or perhaps they'll swallow you whole."

"You're just pulling my leg," you say, but even you notice the lack of conviction in your words. Inuyasha snorts, and no one breaks down and laughs, saying what a good joke they've just played on you.

"Great," you grumble. "So now I'm trapped in the past, absorbing a magic jewel, and on top of it all, I'm a great big flashing beacon that says 'Eat me!' to passing demons. And yesterday I thought my life was boring."

Kagome snickers and lays a reassuring hand on your shoulder. "Believe me, I felt the same way." Somehow that's not much consolation. Do you really want to just accept this? But hey, what can you do?

Inuyasha rises to his feet with more grace than you'd have guessed for the jerk. "We'll leave tomorrow morning." Everyone nods and in varying degrees of speed and grace rise themselves.

Scrambling to your feet, with Shippou tucked in one arm you sputter, "W-where are you going?"

"We can't stop looking for the shards just because you swallowed some," Sango says, the faintest trace of laughter to her voice.

"B-but you're just going to leave me while you go off fighting demons and stuff?" How could they desert you with this creepy stone inside you?!

Miroku smirks. "Lady _________, you will, of course, be accompanying us."

"WHAT!?"

His smile never falters. "You can't expect us to leave you all alone can you?"

"Besides," Shippou chimes in, "We can protect you from demons if you're with us."

"By taking me to them?" you cry. "Are you mad?"

Kagome takes your arm and starts dragging you back to Kaede's hut. "Don't worry, nothing will happen to you." Unfortunately the dizzy, sinking feeling you're having, says different.

*~*~*~*

Addressing your reviews: (I'm gonna try and do this every chapter from now on…but for this time I have a lot to make up for! ^_^;;)

Inkheart: My first reviewer! *gasps* YaY!!!! I'm glad to see you're so enthusiastic about this story!! Hope you keep reading and reviewing!!!! ^________^

Kurama13: Glad you like it ~_^

Matt MacGyver Santini: I'll definitely check out your work! I've been busy lately but I'd be glad to give you pointers, or encouragement if you like ^_^

Tetsumi: Thanks!

Tashia: Yay! You liked it!! I'll try to keep updating as regularly as possible!

inu-sessafan: yes…you did! ^_^

AoA: *gives you a sedative* It'll be okay…I promise…put the crack DOWN! bwahahahahaha

WereAngewoman: Pairing? I'm hoping for there to be! We'll see. Honestly I don't think there are many available guys in the show…I always strive to be true to the actual plot, so I don't see YouXMiroku or YouXInuyasha, but I have a few other things in mind. The romance won't take place til later though. Got a special fellow in mind? Let me know and I'll take it into consideration! Might give you some options if I have time!

Summing Princess Abigail: YOU KNOW I THINK ITS SO FUN TO GET A REVIEW THAT'S ALL IN CAPS! IT MAKES ME THINK YOU'RE JUST AS EXCITED ABOUT THE STORY AS ME! ~_^

Well I think I got you all…If you want to be here leave a review. Got a question? I'll answer it! Mad Love all…until the next episode!