InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Desserts ❯ Bad News? ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer:

Inuyasha: Feh! I don't want to do the disclaimer…

Me: Inuyasha! Do it now!!

Inu: *snorts and turns his back on me*

Me: hmm *steals the tetsueiga* bwahaha!

Inu: GIVE THAT BACK IT'S NOT YOURS!

Me: aaaaand?

Inu: And neither is Inuyasha! Give it back onna, RIGHT NOW!

Me: *does* Enjoy…

~Bad News? Is there anything else on the menu?

You feel hands clamp down on your shoulders and shake you roughly. "Get up!" someone hisses. "We need to go."

"Ungh," you groan, batting the hands away and trying to snuggle deeper into your bed. Except…your bed hasn't always been this hard has it? You open one eye. Or this low. "Where…" you start to ask, but someone yanks the covers away from you, and the sudden chill of morning air stops you. Brrrrrrr. You rub at your eyes and glare at- bare feet, puffy red pants, irately crossed arms, long silver hair- INUYASHA! Quickly you recall the day before and leap up.

After the initial dizziness of standing too quickly passes you demand, "What did you have to go and wake me up for?"

He snorts, "It's time to leave. Get ready." Then he walks out of the hut.

Straightening your uniform you rapidly do the same. Get ready? You don't have anything but yourself. Straighten your shirt, hike up your skirt (not in a hoochie way…just so it's not falling off hah!), and you're all set. If only it was so easy getting ready for school! Outside you search for someone besides Inuyasha to talk to. Sango is sitting by herself nearby, polishing her BIG boomerang.

You sidle right up to her and ask, "Hey Sango, you wouldn't happen to know the time would you?"

She looks up at you and smiles. "So you're finally awake. It's about an hour after sunrise; we thought you'd never wake up! Inuyasha was throwing a fit." She gets up and wanders away to get some herbs from Kaede.

An hour past dawn? They HAVE to be joking! Kagome walks up and sees your startled expression. With a light laugh she says, "You'll get used to it." But you don't want to get used to it, you fume silently. You want to sleep late, watch TV, talk to your friends, and go to school! Well maybe not want to go to school, but to cut this strangeness out of your life, sure thing.

***

Not half an hour later, your little group (if six people and a kitty is small for a travelling band of jewel hunters) is wandering towards where Kagome has "sensed" a jewel shard. It took Sango several minutes to explain exactly how that worked, and you finally just stopped asking questions and accepted it. Self-consciously you place a hand on your tummy, contemplating these shards inside you. You're still not sure what would happen if you absorb them, but everybody pretty much seems to think it would be awful. You're willing to accept this because…well they would know right? But there's one thing bugging you. If these shards are so bad, then why do your new friends want them so badly?

Miroku seems to notice something's on your mind, and asks, "Is something wrong?"

Startled out of your thoughts, you laugh. Obviously you won't tell him you were contemplating how honest they've been with you about the shards. That would certainly hurt some feelings. Maybe these people are still practically strangers, but you'll be traveling with them for a while at least, and you would really like to keep things friendly. Besides already you generally like them.

"I was just thinking that with these shards inside me, I'll never get lost. Kagome can use her sixth sense to locate me just about anywhere." He laughs softly, and suddenly takes your hands in his.

"___________(your name), I've been meaning to ask you, but I wanted to wait until you came more to terms with the transition into feudal Japan."

Your face pales, you can feel the blood sinking low to pool heavily in your stomach. Waiting until you had come to terms? That can only mean one thing…this is bad news. You don't want bad news. Your whole body goes rigid and your eyes swell. You really don't want to hear anything bad now…or ever for that matter.

"Are you…alright?" he asks.

"Miroku you lech!" shouts Inuyasha. "You're holding us up!"

Shaking his head ruefully Miroku says, "Perhaps we will take this up another time." You sure hope not. Your goal of the day: no yucky surprises. Of course, as with many admirable goals, this one gets flushed right down the toilet.

***Aside***

Sango smirks at Miroku. "Rejected?"

Miroku grins sheepishly, "Eh, not exactly."

"Well, she looked perfectly terrified, but at least she didn't smack you."

Miroku sighs glumly.

***End Aside***

You reach down to pet Sango's cute kitty Kirara, who seems to be hovering protectively around you. You hear a loud crashing noise in the forest to your right. Everyone's heads turn in that direction at the same time. It's coming closer, and you find yourself wondering why everyone's just standing around. If you were in charge, you'd have everyone high-tailin it out of there. Of course, that is, if your feet weren't plastered to the spot. You can't do a thing but stare as the giant lizard-like creature smashes out of the woods and barrels straight towards you!

"Oooooh crap!" you cry throwing your hands out as if they could protect you. Yeah right. Suddenly, a huge fire flares and dies, revealing a Super-sized Kirara, and she's kneeling beside you.

"Hop on Kirara!" Sango shouts, sliding her BIG boomerang from her back. "She'll keep you safe!" You glance from the slayer to the monster, to the big protective looking kitty.

"Okay," you say and hop on. Almost immediately Kirara launches the both of you into the air and out of the reach of the raging creature below. You dig your fingers into her fur, clinging for dear life. You never thought you were afraid of heights before, so maybe it's a fear of flying on giant firey kitty cats. What would that be called, flyingkittythingphobia? At least you're still making jokes.

After a few deep breaths you work up your courage to look down just in time to see Inuyasha whip out his sword that swells instantly (a concept that might normally be very humorous if not for your terrified state) and demolish the creature with one stroke. Your jaw drops and you dig your fingers in a little harder. Kirara makes a disgruntled noise.

"Sorry Kirara," you mutter, loosening your grip.

"Bring her down, Kirara," Sango calls, and the kitty takes you down. Once your feet are safely on the ground you hug her, and scratch her behind the ears.

"Thanks," you say, and she lightly bumps her head against your stomach before shrinking again. "So did you get the shard?" you ask, feeling much more cheerful now that the big bad beast was dead.

"No ya dummy. That was just a regular demon. Probably sensed your jewel shards," Inuyasha snorts.

"Oh," you say. "Oh." Well there goes your goal of the day. Maybe you can keep it tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow. You sigh. Yeah, riiiiiight.

***

Answering Reviews:

Kurama 13: Yay! *is cool* well my story was anyhow. Thanks!!

Inuyasha_For_Ever: erm *updates now* ^____^ *gives you a cookie* how can I resist the puppy dog eyes?

Summoning Princess Abigail: hehe *jumps up and down with you* Well here you are! And have this trampoline as a sign of good will ^_^

Tetsumi: Yay you even rated me! I love ratings! Glad you like the story! I hope you keep enjoying it!!

FoXy_hOtIe: Kouga hm? Maybe *wink* You'll have to read to find out hehe

Venora Strikes Again: I'm sorry about the Miroku pairing. It's not that you couldn't work with him, but I really believe in the Miroku/Sango pairing. And I try to stay true to the show. Sesshy's an option, but I don't foresee him having feelings for a human…we'll see if I can work it. No promises k? Hope you read anyhow!!!

angelindingo: Yup swallowed them right down. I knew you were clumsy because…I HAVE COSMIC PSYCHIC POWERS!! Hehe just joshin!

inkheart: *claps* Your enthusiasm pleases me, as well sa your random and exciting review! I'm not a big fan of ramen since I ODed in my senior year of high-school. Thanks for the cookie *gobbles it down* mmmmmm! And you luv me! You reeeeally luv me! Haha ^_______^

Izumi Princess of Darkness: O.O wow. You like it that much huh? Sweet! ^_^ V

AoA: Silly Tibbi-chan all dignified-like. Where'd you pick up that spiffy British accent? *pokes it*

Matt MacGyver Santini: You want to do the guy's POV? Hmmm…well it wooooould save me some energy… Sure thing ^_^ Just one rule. You gotta credit me at least in the first chapter. After all this is my brainchild. Oh and you have to post it on Media Miner so I can read it!! Can't wait til you write it!! *gives you the go ahead* As to your question, I'm not sure. It might get odd when I work in a pairing, but that won't be for a while yet. Will you have a pairing in the male version?