InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Friends...? ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hope you like the story! I'm wasn't planning on posting this until I had written more than half, or all of the story, but I want to see how many people like the story.

Dream Sequence:

I'm standing in a waist deep pool of murky water. There isn't anything except for darkness as far as I can see. I wade through the water, when suddenly Inuyasha comes up from the water. I'm not surprised, which is weird, since I probably would be. He smiles at me, and I smile back, saying, "What are you doing here, Inu-chan?" He shakes his head, and then places his hand onto my chest; really on top of my left breast, right next to my heart. I blush, and look into Inuyaha's eyes, stuttering, "I…Inuyasha…what…?" He shook his head again, and said softly, "When you look at me, Kagome, do you feel like your heart is going to burst? Does it hurt right here?" He squeezed my chest, and I winced a bit.

He leaned over, cupped his left hand against the side of my face, and brought my lips to his. I closed my eyes, my face still red. When he brought his lips from mine, I screamed. Instead of Inuyaha's voice, it was…. was…HIS!! The only person I hate in the entire world, Naraku Shiniru. He sneered at me, and grabbed my wrist, his other hand still on my breast. He brought his face to my ear, and said, "Kagome, soon…both your body and soul WILL be mine." He squeezed harder on my breast, and his hand started sliding into my body. He grabbed my heart, and pulled out a shining jewel. My eyes clouded over, and I fell to the ground, Naraku's terrible laughter surrounding me. I opened my mouth in slow motion, and then started screaming.

End Of Dream Sequence

I woke up with a start, my face sweaty and hot. I put a hand to my chest, with short, rapt, breaths. I shook my head, and thought out loud, "What was that all about? Inuyasha was so…so…kami-sama! I can't even say it!" I blushed, thinking of my best friend acting like that around me. "Inuyasha and I will always be friends, n…nothing more than that!" I yelled to nobody in particular.

I jumped out of bed, ran to the bathroom, quickly tied my hair into a messy bun, and then splashed cold water onto my face. Oh kami it was cold! After I dried off my face with a towel, I walked back to my room, and looked at my alarm clock. I groaned; it was only eight o'clock! I was going to go and meet Sango-chan, Mirkou and Inuyasha at the mall for a movie at noon. I had four hours to waste until the movie.

I walked over to my dresser to grab some clothes. I'm going to take a shower! As I opened the drawer to my pants, I looked at a picture of Inuyasha and I when we were younger. I was holding a gift that Inuyasha gave me, blushing my head off because when my mom took the picture of us, he leaned in and gave me a kiss on the head. I still remember that. God after mom took the picture, I ran around with a pillow hitting him on the head because he embarrassed me so much. I was thirteen at the time, so that means it's been three years since that kiss. I smiled, and then grabbed my clothes before rushing to the bathroom. Changed my mind! A nice bath would be much nicer!

I shed my clothing, and turned on the bathwater. Soon it was filling up nicely, and I added some bath oil to it. I filled up a wooden bucket with cold water and doused myself with it. "Brrr! Its cold!" I shook my head, and put shampoo on my hair, slowly massaging it in, then washed it out. Once I washed myself off, I doused myself with a bunch of cold water, and then quickly got into the tub. I sighed, and closed my eyes. I thought about the time when Inuyasha kissed me on top of the head. My face started turning hot, but I still kept my eyes closed.

My thoughts ran back to my dream. I guess its true though, what he said in my dream. Whenever I do look at Inu-chan, my heart hurts. Before, like maybe a few years ago, I only thought of Inuyasha as a friend. I liked him a lot, but not in THAT way…but now, whenever I look at him, my heart hurts, and I feel depressed all the time. I think I really … LOVE him!! Either that, or I like him so much, I just want him to be happy…? I honestly don't know. Its so confusing at times, but for now, I wont say anything. I'll just continue being best friends with Inu-chan. I don't want him to hate me if I say I am in love with him.

I got up, out of the tub, and let the water slowly drain. As I stared at the whirl at the bottom of the tub, my eyes softened. That could happen to me n' Inuyasha if I tell him I like him more than a friend. I don't want that to happen, no I don't! I closed my eyes, and wrapped my arms around my shoulders. Suddenly my eyes snapped open. I had to get to the mall! I quickly dried off, and slipped on my clothes, before realizing I'd only been in the bath for 45 minutes. I fell over *anime style*, then quickly got back up onto my feet. I cooked myself some breakfast, and after eating that, I quickly left. It's about 11:30 now, and I hit my head. I can't believe I came here so early! They're probably not going to be here for a while…well, Inuyasha might be here. He usually comes early, but I don't know about this early.

Wow, its Sunday, and yet, not a lot of people are here! … Oh great! I'm outta here, like, right now! The "gang" is here. The "gang" is made up of Naraku Shiniru, Kouga Takasha, and their pathetic followers. Naraku has a thing for me, and I think Kouga does too…but there is NO WAY I'll ever fall for him! Inuyasha and Naraku can't stand each other either. Naraku's family messed up Inuyasha's family's business, but luckily, with the help of friends, Inuyasha's family managed to fix it up.

I quickly walked out of the mall, but I think they spotted me anyways. I walked out of the mall in a hurry, and then stopped. I didn't see them anywhere, so I leaned against a wall, and closed my eyes, sighing. When I opened them, I found my hazel eyes looking into the black eyes of Naraku. I jumped and said, "Naraku? What are you doing here?" He smirked and said, "Just wanted to see you, my sweet." He grabbed my wrists and said, "why don't we go play a little game…in my bed." His gang laughed stupidly, but I scowled. "Give it up Naraku! I'll never go out with you no matter what you do; now let go of me!"

He shook his head, and said, "Come on Kagome, you know you want to…" I shook my head and said, "Damnit Naraku, LET ME GO!!" Suddenly, I heart a loud THWACK. I opened my eyes, and instead of seeing Naraku's black eyes, I looked at a pair of golden/amber eyes. "Inuyasha!" I said in a hushed voice. He looked at me in concern, asking, "You ok Kag?" I nodded, and hid behind Inuyasha. Inuyasha looked at Naraku coldly, and said, "You better fucking leave Kagome alone, you hear me? Touch her again, and I'll fucking kill you, you fuckin' bastard!" I sighed; Inuyasha was the only person I knew who could swear so colorfully.

Kouga helped Naraku up, who was rubbing his now bright red cheek. Kouga turned to Inuyasha and sneered, saying, "Get lost Inu-kuro, your not wanted here!" Inuyasha growled, and stepped forward menacingly, "what was that?" I grabbed the back of Inuyasha's shirt, and leaned in towards his ear saying, "Onegai, Inuyasha, just let it go. Onegai, I don't want any more trouble with them…onegai." My voice trailed off, and my lip started to tremble. Inuyasha grit his teeth, then said, "Ok, fine. We're leaving." As we turned to leave, Inuyasha put his arm around my shoulders and said to Naraku, "Touch Kagome again, and like I said, I'll fucking kill you." Naraku glared at Inuyasha, and I could feel his eyes on my back. I shivered, and Inuyasha wrapped his arms around me tighter.

After we turned the corner, Inuyasha dropped his arm from my shoulder and turned to me. "Are you sure you're ok, Kagome? He didn't do anything to you, did he?" I shook my head no and said, "Thanks Inuyasha. You're always there for me." I smiled at him, and he blushed. "Jeez, Kag, stop it! You're embarrassing me!" I laughed, and said, "Aaw widdle Inu-chan is bwushing!" I laughed again, and he tried to grab me yelling, "Don't call me Inu-chan!" I evaded his grasp and started running. I yelled, "Inu-chan! Inu-chan! Inu-chan!" when I spotted Sango and Miroku. I waved my hand, yelling, "Sango-chan, Miroku!" Sango heard me and said, "Kagome-chan!" I skidded to a stop, and hid behind Sango. "Sango, when you see Inuyasha, start calling him Inu-chan!"

Sango snorted and said, "Inu-chan? Where'd you come up with that?" I giggled, and said, "childhood nickname." Inuyasha came round the corner, and Sango yelled, "Hey…Inu-chan!! Over here, Inu-chan!" Inuyasha turned red and whined, "Kagomeee, you told them about THAT?" I giggled, and stuck out my tongue. Miroku looked at his watch and said, "anou…guys, we only have give minutes till the movie." We all gasped and started running towards the theater. Inuyasha grabbed my hand and said, "Come on, Kagome! We've got to get the best seats in the entire theater!" I blushed when he grabbed my hand, and giggled. `We must look like a couple, holding hands and everything…' I frowned, `But, I hope this doesn't ruin anything between Inuyasha and I. I'd rather die than give up our friendship.' I smiled at Inuyasha when he gave me a grin, `But for now, I'll take this any day!'

OWARI