InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Your Average Fairytale ❯ Changes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
A/N: Yay! I am back! Heh heh…for now….anyways…On with the story.

CHAPTER THREE: CHANGES
The few weeks passed by peacefully.
Miroku relished in the freedom of longer having to worry about his right hand, while everyone else enjoyed the freedom of not having to worry about Naraku.
Shippo and Kirara were rarely seen apart; their heads close together as they walked and talked softly.
Once Sango made the comment they were probably going over every conversation they ever had. Now that they could actually understand each other. Kagome laughed and agreed, but something told her it was just the beginning of a new kind of friendship for the two demons.

Shippo and Kirara walked slowly through the forest; silent as the trees they past. Suddenly Shippo darted forwards and disappeared into the thick woods.
Kirara laughed, “Shippo? What are you doing?”
“Getting this” Shippo jumped down from a tree branch and landed gracefully in front of his friend. In his hand he held a flower with a long green stem; it was pure white except for the very tips of the petals, which were a dark, blood red.
“Oh Shippo” Kirara breathed.
Shippo grinned, “I thought you would like it.”
“Yes I love it” she looked up to him, “It's beautiful.”
“Just like you” Shippo murmured, his face tinting pink.
Kirara blushed as well and put a hand on the side of his face, “You always were such a flatterer.”
“I mean it.”
Shippo took Kirara's hand in his own and gave it a soft kiss, “And I always will.”
Kirara's breath hitched and her heart sped up as Shippo started to lean closer.
Suddenly InuYasha yelled for them and they jumped apart. Shippo cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head nervously, “I uh…guess we better…uh…get back…”
Kirara laughed softly, “Yes you're right. And Sango wanted to talk to me today.”
They turned and started walking back to the village; and on the way their hands met and intertwined.

Meanwhile over in the Western Lands, many more changes were occurring. In the woods near the Dog Lord's castle, a young woman stood confidently. Lifting her bow up and setting the arrow in place with ease, the young woman slightly narrowed her eyes as she focused on her target. Quickly letting her fingers release the string, the arrow shot forward and hit the wooden circle with a smart thump.
Dark eyes looked over into golden ones and a laugh escaped her lips, “I got it my Lord!”
Lord Sesshomaru slightly nodded his head in Rin's direction to acknowledge he heard her, and saw what she had done.
Smiling shamelessly, Rin reached over and grabbed another arrow to fit into her bow.
10 years had past since the Demon Lord brought the small human girl back to life, and now she was a beautiful young woman. Her dark hair fell past her waist, wild as ever, and her dark eyes were full of wisdom and understanding, yet still had a glimmer of innocence. She had become quite a lovely woman who was sought after by many; demons and humans alike.
Sesshomaru smirked slightly in satisfaction as another hit right on the mark. It was no wonder men so many wanted her. Besides her outer beauty, she was kind and gentle to everyone but had a fiery temper to match. She was also a skilled markers man and well trained with a sword, yet when it was time to be the lady she was taught to be; she carried herself well.
Rin laughed happily and spun around after she tired two arrows at a time, and both hit their marks. The sunlight danced across her hair and face, giving her a heavenly glow.
As he watched her dance, the suddenly thought of what it would be like to kiss her made the dog lord jump.
Where the hell did that come from?”
Rin stopped when she saw Sesshomaru jump, “My Lord? Are you alright?”
Sesshomaru stood, “I'll be in my study.”
Rin nodded slightly as Sesshomaru turned and walked back to the castle. Sighing slightly Rin started to turn back to her targets but stopped and watched Sesshomaru walk away instead. Tilting her head she watched him until he disappeared behind the stone wall. Rin gasped suddenly and blushed deeply when she realized what she was doing. Spinning around quickly she grabbed another arrow and let it fly. It sailed clumsily over the targets and into the woods. Rin winced slightly and dropped to the ground, “What was I thinking? I can't believe I was….watching him!”
Sesshomaru paused slightly before entering his castle and sighed inwardly as Rin sighed loudly.
What was that about?”

A/N: Yeah….I know that was short and I'm sorry. But I figured I'd be forgiven since I put another chapter up. :) Sorry it's taken so long…I'm having a case of SERIOUS writer's block on this story and it makes me sad. But I'll keep trying.
PLEASE REVIEW!