InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ Treasure Map ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Treasure maps.

"Captain! You have to come look at this!"

One of the Pirates yelled.

The Captain gripped tighter on his hold on Kagome and rushed to the Captain's quarters. He barged in.

"For one thing, I want to know why the hell every one is in my---"

He stood in shock as he saw what was unrolled before him. It looked like it was made out of animal skin. It had a map and clues on it.

"It's a treasure map?"

"Yah, but I've only made out a little of the characters, it's pretty smudged." Miroku replied.

The captain looked closer at the map and read an inscription. He was shocked it was in Japanese.

"`The treasure that you seek can't either be purified or defiled, but can't be purified and defiled' This Jewel is a jewel of four souls. Then **Kagome joined in unison** The Shikon no Tama"

The captain stared at her as she continued to recite the inscription on the map,

"'--- This jewel is coveted by demons and humans. It can make demons stronger 1000 times fold, or answer a human wish. With hate it looks more beautiful, but beware of the never ending war inside the jewel--- as it will become--- your own"

They all stared at her.

"How di---did--- you know that?" Miroku asked with shock.

She started to fidget and said,

"My family keeps the shrine where that jewel was kept. Sango's ancestors made the jewel, my relatives kept it away from demons and humans. What is it doing all the way over here?"

The Captain then said,

"What does it mean by it makes a demon stronger 1000 times fold or answers a human wish? What if you were a hanyou?"

He got a sparkle in his eyes. Kagome got nervous.

"I guess you can do either-or. You'd have the option for a wish or strength---I guess."

The captain put his finger on the map and said,

"Samuel, set a charter for this location, but first I think it's wise we go home to get supplies and ect."

"Ei, Ei, Sir", Samuel took the chalk and compass and started work on charting the course from their "Home" to the destination on the map.

"How far is your home?" Sango asked him.

"About 3 days."

Kagome stood and looked t the map. After what she had just seen and had been through, now she has to be dragged along for a treasure hunt for a treasure she was apart of. .Sango and Kagome looked at each other with fear in their eyes.

`What if Silver Hanyou got it? What would he do? What mayhem would he embark on?'

Kagome shivered at the thought. Her arm was grabbed by the captain.

"Com'on Wench! You have dinner to cook!"

Kagome blindly followed the captain, still in shock of the pillaging spree and The Captain's wanting of the Shikon no Tama. She was kicking herself hard for reciting the rest of the inscription. The captain shoved her into the galley. This ship was a lot bigger and a lot nicer.

"You have an hour, wench! Cook well as---"

She looked into his eyes with an emotionless face. He growled and stomped off. She started to scrounge up something to cook. She was only doing this for Sango, Shippou and maybe even Miroku. But not for him. She wouldn't ever do anything for that murderous, evil, emotionless---thing. She clanked around as she began to cook

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~

He marched right under the deck to think. He paced back and forth quickly. He was so confused. He thought to himself

`Who is she too do this to me? Why does she do this to me? I can't have it! I can't get her eyes out of my head! **grabs his head** those eyes of sadness, anger, shock. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I should feel victorious! I should be happy that I broke such a strong spirit! That stupid little wench used to be so--- *growl** disobedient, stubborn, rude **calmed down** Vibrant, full of life. But now, what have I done?'

The war in his had stopped as he walked by the room Kagome was crying in. It was pungent of the salty smell of tears, but with also another smell. He quietly walked in. He was tempted. He sat on the bed and tried to fight the urge, but it overcame him. He put his nose to the blanket and inhaled the sweetest and purest smell. It was the greatest smell he'd ever smelt. Kagome. He let Kagome's scent take over his senses. He could have sat there for all time, but had to stop when he began to have a sense of longing. He stood up straight. Ashamed of letting himself go like that. He tried to get himself angry at both her and himself. He was the toughest, most feared pirate. How dare he have such "pure" thoughts about a woman. He tried to think of things that Kagome's done to make him angry about---but found--- none, except when she called his ears cute, but that wasn't enough for him to hate her. In fact, to remember the look she had on her face when she saw them actually brought a smile to his face. He couldn't stand it. His head was going to burst. He went up on deck and jumped and sat on a sail, hoping the smell of the high seas would ignite his fire of being a ruthless pirate. About a half an hour later, he heard her call out,

"Dinner's ready!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~***~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~

The Captain always insisted that Kagome would sit by him to keep an eye on her. He'd give her cold stares and rude, degrading comments. But not tonight. He talked as if she weren't even there. She began to breath easier, but she kept her eyes to her plate. She couldn't look at the men that killed innocent people. She looked over at Sango and smiled. Miroku was practically babying her. Sango used to act annoyed by this, but she began to warm up to it. She wondered what Sango would have felt like if it were Miroku down there helping with the plundering and killing.

"Higurashi-sama?" Charley asked, "Are you feeling okay? You are drained of color. Are you sick?"

Kagome had a vague smile on her face, kind of liking that she was special until the captain cut in,

"I don't want to hear you call her "sama" again, and she's fine". He growled, keeping his eyes on his plate.

"Sorry, sir." Charley said as he gave Kagome a sorry look.

Kagome had been with these pirates for almost 2 weeks. Her father's meeting wasn't for another 4 weeks. They called him early for little meetings and getting settled since his return to England wasn't promised. That's why he brought his family. Kagome shivered at the thought of 4 more weeks. She had only stayed with them a 3rd of her "prison sentence". Dinner went by slow. She tried to eat as normal as she could, but the Captain looked at her trembling hand. Not even being yelled at by him for a good amount of time caused this reaction. He got up from the table as fast he could, knocking his hand acrossed his plate to spill is food onto Kagome's lap. He glared at her and growled. She ignored him as best as she could. He stormed out of the door before his feeling sorry for her took over his actions.

He had paced up on deck for a while. He was on a ship with nowhere to go to get away from the women that would be his undoing. He was trying to be harsher and harsher on her, but it was just making him feel worse. After supper, everyone came back on board except Kagome.

"Where is she?" He growled.

Miroku said, "Well, Sir, you haven't excused her."

He cocked his head to the side, "Since when did she start listening to me."

Miroku gave him a reprimanding look. If it were anyone else, he would have tossed them overboard, but Miroku was his best friend who agreed to become his first mate when they were 14. They found a Pirate crew and joined as swab mates, and then they got higher in rank. After the Captain was killed, The Silver Hanyou was born.

He rushed under and grabbed her roughly by her upper arm, a little too roughly because she yelped. He drew on a fake, evil smile.

"Get up!" He growled. "You need to clean up this mess, then you will wash all the pots and dishes! Even if it takes all night!"

She looked at him with unbelievable eyes and started her work, forcefully and making a racket. She was over shock and crying, now she was angry and felt like pounding him over the head with one of the steal. Goblets. He crossed his arms with a satisfied look and smiled deviously, feeling his regret and feeling sorry for her wipe away. She hated that! When he'd just stand smugly and stare at her. She got nervous and dropped a plate. They were made of metal, so they don't break, but boy, do they make a racket. He eyed her as she kneeled to get it. When her hand went down to pick it up, he stepped on it. She looked up at him with a worried face.

"Second thought, I'll have Miroku's wench do it. You are confined to your quarters until you are more collected, which better be by morning."

She was surprised of him not making a threat, but she winced when he started to lean more weight on her hand, crushing the back of her hand with the heel of his boot. She was unaware he was doing this out of frustration, trying to get a hold of himself. She yelped as she felt crunching in her hand. Not breaking it, but the bones were repositioning themselves. She gritted her teeth and started to breath hard, trying not to scream, which would probably give him more pleasure. Finally he grabbed her arm and dragged her up. Her arm was get red and tender from not having any sleeves, still not having a dress. Her once delicate, white under garments were now brown, smelly and stained. Both of her arms had Indian burns from all the grabbing and clawing.

He threw her onto her bed and stood over her. She curled up in a ball and looked up at him. He growled and left. He had been confusing her all day. Ever since he had her pinned to the bed, he'd been acting strange.

"For being the worst person alive, he sure is strange"

She rolled over on her side, facing the door. Eventually falling asleep. When she was fully asleep, he snuck in and kneeled by her, studying her in the moonlight. She didn't really look like Kikyou, but what brought back those thoughts and feelings. Why did he loath her, but couldn't resist her. Why did he enjoy seeing her in pain, but feel guilty for it. He became worried that he'd developed another personality. He inhaled her intoxicating scent. Though she hadn't bathed in about 3 weeks.She stirred a bit, making him nervous.

`I think I should try to lay low until we get home. I think I have a lot to think about'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*

She woke up the next morning without anyone dragging her out of bed. She stretched and yawned. The shock of yesterday seeped in and she was fighting the fear and tears. She regretted showing him weakness yesterday. She made so many mistakes yesterday. Did he think he had her under his thumb? She admitted to herself after watching him in action yesterday, she saw what he was capable of, which made her a bit more willing not to piss him off too much. It brought nausea just to think of him. She felt like he was one of Satan's minions. She shook her head. That was giving him too much credit.

"I better get on deck before he makes my arm fall off."

She was outraged about yesterday, but it'd be best to hold it in. She walked up on deck

Hanyou was at the helm. She walked infront and stood up straight, really feeling like killing him.

"You are up! Good. If you are wondering why I let you sleep--- well, to be honest, I didn't want to vomit at the smell of you. I think the food you made last night made me ill."

Of course he wasn't being honest and he thought she was quite a good cook. She still stood.

"Wench!"

"Hmm?"

He signaled him to stand beside him. She stiffly forced herself to stand beside the man she loathed almost as much as Satan himself.

"Have you ever steered a ship before?"

Her eyes got wide,

"No."

"Come here."

She was quite confused. He was going to let her steer the ship? No way!

`What's this sudden change in mood?' She asked herself. He smiled and asked,

"How strong are you?"

"Pretty strong, I guess"

"Give it a try." He had one hand on the wheel.

She carefully grabbed the wheel and held it in place, unaware that Hanyou was really steering.

"Are you ready for me to let go?"

She looked around as the entire crew watched her. She got a determined face, though she was scared stiff.

"I guess."

He gave an evil smile,

"Okay."

He let go. The wheel turned violently, throwing Kagome hard onto the wooden deck right onto her knee. The ship gave a sudden jerk and Hanyou took the wheel again, laughing extremely loud. Everyone was in hysterics except Kagome and Sango, who rushed to her side. She gave him an evil look and immediately got up, with a swollen knee. She stood up, trying to show the small amount of dignity she had left.

"Weak wench! You almost capsized the ship!" He said half cocky/half growled.

She looked down a clinched her teeth, bringing her fist up, clinching it. She said,

"Is there any jobs you need to do besides humiliating me?"

He was kind of happy that her spirit didn't totally break. She would not allow it. She may not be physically strong, but he had never seen a girl as brave as she. He almost told her about the talking unless he said, but he quitted and said.

"Go straighten up all the beds and scrub the floors in all the cabins."

She turned and stomped away, the crew still laughing at her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Samuel told her that they should be at the pirates' cove by the morning. She wanted off this bloody ship and she was in serious need of a bath. It was going to be embarrassing walking into the town in just her undergarments. She couldn't sleep. Everything was changing so fast. The captain worried her the most. His mood was either getting worse or better. She was about to blow out her lamp until a little ball of crying fluff jumped on her bed.

"Shippou? Are you okay?"

"I had a nightmare"

She kindly smiled and put him under the covers by her. He snuggled into her.

"Kagome?" He squeaked.

"Yes?"

"Can you song me a lullaby"

She thought a moment.

"I have one my mother used to sing to me when I was little. It's in Japanese, so.

**translated to English**

The stars look down on me

The moon smiles

At night when I sleep,

I know I'm looked over by angels in heaven,

God holds me tight,

The breeze blows

At night when I sleep

The…"

She looked over to Shippou who was already asleep. She blew out her lamp and kissed him on the head before falling too sleep. Unaware that a pair of amber eyes were spying on them the whole time. He smiled and had a nice warm feeling. Listening to her sing brought peace he hadn't felt since he was a child. He was almost jealous of the little furball that got to sleep in the same bed as her. He sighed and went on deck.

Kagome woke up just about an hour later. It was still the middle of the night. She couldn't fall back asleep worth anything, so she snuck out of bed without waking a snoring, drooling Shippou. She snuck on deck and saw the captain was standing at the bow. She gasped and turned around.

"What are you doing up here?"

She froze. `How in the world did he hear me? That's right, he's part dog demon.'

She slowly turned. His eyes glowed iridescent in the moonlight. She said- more like squeaked,

"I couldn't sleep."

He turned around and stared out toward the ocean they were sailing. She turned around to go back down.

"Come here" He said flatly without looking at her.

She got stiff and almost like she was made of wood, struggled up the stairs. She walked to him, waiting for him to say stop, but she ended up right beside him. His silver hair blew in the breeze. The moon made it shimmer like fresh fallen snow. She gasped and looked away, blushing. He looked at her from the corner of his eye. She got a semi-cocky look and asked,

"What this time? Are you going to throw me over the side?"

He glared at her and said, "That could be arranged"

She shivered and looked away but she froze when he said,

"You were right, you know--- on looking at the night sky brings peace to the mind"

He said looking up. She looked at him with shock. She gazed at the stars above. After a moment of silence, she asked,

"Is it true sailors can navigate anywhere in the world just by looking at the stars?"

She softly asked. She held her breathe, expecting him to tell her to shut up, but she was surprised by his reaction,

"Yes, it's true. It takes a while to get it right because of the changing seasons, but as long as we can see the North Star, Polaris, we know where we are."

"Where is it?" She asked looking around. She tensed up at the silence and the stare he gave her, but she kept her eyes to the sky. He took her shoulders and pointed her north. With his arm beside her cheek, pointing toward a certain area.

"Do you see the Little Dipper?"

"Yes."

"It's the last star on the handle, the really bright one."

He felt shivers when she stared at awe and smiled while letting out a small,

"Oh."

It felt like they forgot who they were to each other. He forgot he was a tyrant that she hated and it seemed they forgot she was his slave. They felt safe and warm in each other's presence.

She smiled really big and said, "That's amazing!"

He wasn't aware that he was starring at her, taking in her warm presence and wonderful scent. He closed his eyes and sighed. He turned and walked briskly away. She looked at him.

"Go back to bed!" He growled as he headed to his quarters.

She just stood in shock for a second until she obeyed, trying to piece out what just happened.

*~*~*~***~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~***~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~

"Land Ahoy!" Paul yelled from the Crow's Nest. Everybody jumped out of their beds and went on deck.

"We are home!" Miroku exclaimed.

The island looked like just a huge rock wall. They were heading straight for it. Kagome's heart started to thump, in fear of crashing into the Tall, stone wall. She looked at Captain Hanyou, who stood with a big, gleaming smile.

"What is he doing?" She whispered