InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ On the Sea Again ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is really kickin' me in the butt! My internet won't work and my comp won't recognize my speakers! Ugh, but on with the story!

Chapter 8: On the sea again:

Kagome woke up to the sound of a heartbeat and the feel of breathe on the top of her head, along with the sound of a slight sound of snoring. She looked around to find she was lying on Inuyasha's chest, both arms wrapped around him, he had both his arms around her with his hands clasped, and then their legs were intertwined with each other. She gave a small smile. Last night was the best sleep she has had in months- maybe even years. She looked up to see that Inuyasha was sound asleep. He looked so brilliant with the sunlight shimmering on his silver hair. He looked so peaceful and innocent. She smiled and continued to lay on his chest. But then she was disturbed by the thoughts that flooded her mind.

`What if all this is so he could say he was fooling around and break my heart. How did he really feel for me? Why the sudden change? Why…'

Her thoughts scattered when Inuyasha's embrace got tighter as she heard a yawn. She looked up to him. His eyes shimmered in the sunlight. He had a warm, happy smile on his face.

"Good morning." He said gently.

"Good morning" she smiled and replied.

He thought to himself,

`I don't think I've sleep through the night for at least 10 years! And who am I to wake up next to a beautiful angel'

He touched her face and drew the bangs from her eyes. His smile faded into a look of passion, then to a look of pain.

"What is it?"

She asked, not to sure of his mood. He drew his fingers through her hair. She began to be short of breathe. Then he spoke,

"I'm sorry… I'm a stupid fool for not realizing what amazing person you are. I knew- in the back of my mind I did. I always knew ever since the first time you stood up too me. I hated you for it. But now I can't imagine it again. You do forgive me…Right?"

"Why?" Kagome asked almost dryly. "Why till last night, did you hate me? Why the 180 degrees?"

Inuyasha looked at her at first with shock and disbelief, but answered again, after last night,

"I hated you at first. I loathed you! Even the thought of torture brought satisfaction to me, but I don't know how. I don't know when, but I began to only have one thing on my mind,

Her eyes began to shimmer as she squeaked,

"What"

"Being with you"

Kagome looked at him with shock. He began to stroke her hair and occasionally her face.

After a minute of staring at each other in silence, Kagome closed her eyes, silent tears running down her cheeks as she laid on his chest, nuzzling his neck. He welcomed her with open arms then embraced her, rubbing his cheek on the top of her head. She grabbed onto the collar of his shirt and just bathed in his warmth. Inuyasha brought the covers over them to add the effect of total security. They cuddled for at least a half an hour until…

"Hey, Inuyasha! Ms. Jackson wants… You dirty dog!"

Miroku smiled. Being covered in the blankets, it gave the effect that they were "hiding".

Kagome screamed quickly sat up off a steaming Inuyasha,

"Miroku you pompous ass! Get the hell out of here!"

"Kagome! What is it?" Sango called right before she came in. She then beheld the sight,

"Kagome?" She looked at the Captain and yelled, "You! You!..."

"…Sango-chan! It's okay! I chose to be here and absolutely nothing happened!"

Kagome tried to get off the bed, but Inuyasha sat up and held her close. Miroku smiled and grabbed Sango by the shoulders, leading her out the door while saying,

"Com'on Sango, dear, we'll leave the lovers alone."

"Why you…" When Inuyasha was about to chase after Miroku, Kagome grabbed his arm. He looked back at her with surprise.

"You can kill Miroku later, but… Stay here a bit more with me."

Inuyasha's heart thumped almost out of his chest when he heard her stay, "Stay here". He sat by her and took her in his arms. Kagome drew back and gained enough courage to return some affection. She touched his face. For being such a rough and tumble pirate, he had soft skin. She saw that he was studying her face. She didn't know what came over her. She screamed at herself to stop, but she kissed him. She felt him gasp, but soon he fell into it. He laid her down on the bed for an innocent, tender "Make-out session. They both felt so right together. Inuyasha couldn't believe this. Out of anyone in the world, Kagome seemed to forgive him for the twisted things he had done to her. Kagome herself wasn't sure what she was doing, but she like it. She opened her eyes to find she he was in a canopy of snow white hair. She was certain that her hell had turned into heaven. But still something nagged at her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ms. Jackson watched the grandfather clock as it chimed 9:00. They were supposed to be here a half hour ago. Miroku and Sango kept glancing at each other. The rest of the remaining crew also was there. This afternoon they were setting off to sail so Ms. Jackson wanted to have breakfast with the crew. Both Kagome and Sango dreaded it. They had been on land for one night, but The Captain wanted to sail today. Speaking of the Captain and Kagome, they were still late. Finally they joined the group. They looked normal. The Captain looked pissed off at the world, and Kagome was ragged and had a depressing look on her face. Miroku and Sango glanced at each other.

The captain forced Kagome to sit by his side. Sango started to feel angry. Miroku felt this and grabbed her arm and shook his head.

"I'm glad you two were able to attend!" Ms. Jackson chirped.

"Keh!" The Captain huffed as he slumped in his chair, his arms crossed.

Kagome sat quietly. Finally servants came from every direction to serve breakfast. They sat their meals in front of each of them. Catfish, eggs, bacon, and scallops. It smelt good. The Captain watched as both Sango and Kagome silently prayed over their food. After Kagome was done, The Captain snapped,

"Wake-up and pass me the butter, Wench!"

Kagome quietly did as he "asked". Miroku and Sango started to feel uncomfortable. The captain eyed them. They smiled and sighed, both very angry and confused. Then Ms. Jackson asked,

"Why are you continuing to sail today?"

"We have a treasure to find" Inuyasha said as he stuffed his face with food.

Kagome went pale. She'd never get used to the way he ate. The rest of breakfast went pretty nicely, but Kagome stayed quite.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everyone watched as the captain dragged Kagome home like a rag doll. The others didn't think much of it, but Miroku and Sango both were confused and mad.

But little did the know what happen once they entered the house. When Inuyasha slammed the door, he pushed Kagome up against the wall in a deep, tight kiss. Kagome was more then happy to return it.

"I thought… I was …going to …go… crazy!" Inuyasha said between kisses, kissing her were her neck meets her shoulders.

Kagome had her hands on his shoulders, enjoying his sudden romantic outburst. Inuyasha felt her tremble under his touch. He knew it was the hardest on her. He knew how she acted back there was mostly real.

"How much longer do we have to act like enemies?" She said painfully, Inuyasha still going kiss crazy.

She knew she was the victim of the release of his romantic suppression- not that she was complaining.

"Just until we're out to sea."

"Oh, okay…I guess" Her voice was really sad.

Inuyasha leaned back and cupped her face.

"It will be over soon. I promise."

It pained him to see the look on her face. He would try to avoid her, so he wouldn't have to act like the ass he used to be. Kagome grabbed on to him, holding him for dear life. He returned the tight embrace.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*

Kagome walked on top of the "Roof" of the city. It was a meadow that overlooked the ocean. It was a beautiful view. Her Hair and dress blew rapidly in the strong ocen breeze. She thought about Inuyasha. He was extremely complicated. He confused her more than anything on this entire planet. She was deep in thought until she heard sounds at the other side of some bushes. Curious, she snuck into them and peered out. It was Sango and Miroku.

"I just can't believe he lead her in like that!"

"The Captain hides a lot of secrets, Sango, my pet."

Sango glanced and gave a quickly evil look. She looked out over the ocean.

"Sango-chan…" Kagome whispered.

Miroku walked up to her and turned her to him,

"I'm sure it's not what it seems," He said while cupping her face.

She smiled and blushed, but replied,

"A lot of things aren't…Are they?"

The smile faded as she looked into his eyes. He smiled and drew her into a kiss. Kagome smiled, but felt guilty that she witnessed their first kiss. They deepened the kiss. That's when Kagome decided she should leave them alone. But back with Sango and Miroku, The kiss continued, but then Miroku grabbed her butt. Her eyes shot open. His did too ,getting a scared look on his face. She smiled and continued to kiss him. He didn't know what to do, but he continued just squeeze her but, but jumped when she did the same. He blushed.But they both began to giggle, and then hugged.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~***~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome slowly walked by the hot springs till she heard a "Hey"

She looked over to find a guy dressed in fancy pirate attire. He had a ponytail up at the top of his head. But what really caught her eye was there was a…tail? She was puzzled till he asked,

"What is your name, M'lady?" He asked.

"Kagome" She said politely, yet unsure. "Pray I ask your name?"

He bowed elegantly and introduced himself,

"I, Madame, Am the Pirate prince of the Wolf Pack, Kouga"

She was unsure, but she was a very polite person, remembering her etiquette, she curtsied and said,

"Nice to meet you, Kouga-sama"

"'Sama', hmmm?" He rubbed his chin. "My descendants are Japanese."

She smiled, "My, it's a small world. I didn't know there'd be so many Japanese pirates in the Caribbean!"

Kouga moved closer,

"Is that so?"

He knew of only one other pirate that was Japanese with Japanese men on his crew.

"May I ask, M'lady, how did you end up at the Cove?"

"I was… Um…"

"Kidnapped."

She looked away,

"Yes"

"By whom?" He sounded very interested,

"The Silver Hanyou."

He broke out into a loud gaffah.

"That slimly sea dog! I didn't know he…"

"…Kagome!" They heard the captain yell

"I'm sorry, I must go!" She said with a quick curtsey as she ran off.

"Wait!"

"Sorry! I must go!"

Kouga watched as Kagome disappeared from his sight. She was the most beautiful, sweetest and eloquent women he'd ever meet. Only she was worthy of being his queen. Kouga had his sights on only her- and once he sets his sights on something, he ALWAYS gets it.

"That salty sea dog! How dare he!" Kouga knew the reputation the Silver Hanyou had for abusing and torturing women. He growled and said,

"Don't worry, MY Kagome, Your prince will find you!"

*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome stood by the captain, who was at the helm, as the ship started to move. People from the dock waved them. The crew stood at the sides waving goodbye. Kagome waved back, especially toMs. Jackson, who was in tears. Kagome almost started to cry on her own.

"Don't worry," Inuyasha whispered, "You'll see her again."

Kagome froze, she knew what he implied. It made her feel uneasy how forward he was, but it was a great thought. She didn't know why, but she was fascinated with how the Captain can steer such a huge ship like it was nothing. She looked over to the side to see Kouga staring at her. But her heart jumped when she saw him smile and wink. All she did was give him a solemn smile and then she looked ahead. The captain reached the huge turn around and could see Ms. Jackson's house. Kagome jumped out of the way as the Captain swung himself right, turning the wheel with him, than spread his legs and started to quickly turn he wheel to the left. Kagome steadied herself as the ship started to turn as sharp as the large vessel could. Before she knew it, she was passing the town again. She admired Inuyasha's shipmanship (uhh **shrug** ). After a few moments, they exited the cove into the waterway that lead them out to sea. Kagome leaned her head on the captain's shoulder. He smile and sailed the ship due west.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome finally shared with Sango the situation. Sango was happy, but suspicious. They were making that evening's supper. Now they were promoted to crew and each had specific jobs. It felt good not to be a slave, but that didn't mean the chores were easy, but everyone, including the captain himself, had very difficult jobs.

"Kagome-chan?"

"What went on last night? Why were you in the same bed?"

Kagome blushed,

"Well, uh, He confessed his feelings and wanted me to sleep- actually sleep- with him… Nothing happened!"

Sango looked suspicious, but the teenage girl inside her smiled.

"Did he kiss you?"

Kagome got starry-eyed and sighed,

"Yes"

"Tell me it! From beginning till end!"

A now, excited, interested Sango ask.

But neither of them knew Miroku was having almost the same conversation with Inuyasha…

"You saw her naked!?"

"Yeah, so?" Inuyasha pretended to have an attitude while he blushed. "She doesn't know I saw her,"

Miroku watched as he became short of breath, then (the lecher that he is) asked,

"And… How was she?"

Inuyasha ignored Miroku's perverted tone and sighed,

"Absolutely perfect."

"But then what?"

"I went down to be with her. She was in the hot springs. I stared at her from behind the corner, watching her wash before I revealed myself"

Inuyasha put his face in his hands,

"I couldn't help it" Then he fell back, "I'm such a hentai!" He sighed, evidently disgusted of himself.

"But, my friend, it's totally natural. You couldn't help it"

Inuyasha sat up and sighed,

"I don't know why, but staring at her like that made me feel guilty, like I was taking away her innocence ."

Miroku's face softened to compassion,

"But, Inuyasha, you didn't have any dirty thoughts, did you?"

Inuyasha stared at him before answering,

"No, unless…well…if you consider… Ah s**t! I did!"

"Inuyasha, I've never seen you so worked up about seeing a girl naked! We used to watch the catholic school girls skinny dip when we were younger. You were far from guilty then!"

"But that was different… Some how…"

Then Miroku asked,

"Did you get to touch her?"

Inuyasha raised his hand to backhand Miroku. Miroku flinched, but no blow came.

"No, I didn't, but…she hugged me…**gulp**topless"

Miroku laughed at Inuyasha's blushing. He put his arm around Inuyasha

"You dog!"

"But no! It was different, and the mood made it different. I tried to touch her breast, but she stopped me. She was scared, but man, she was beautiful!" Then he got said quieter, "I wanted her so badly!"

"Oh! You poor man! Blue-balled!"

"Yeah, it did suck, but I'll be okay"

"Why did she stop you, was fear the only thing?"

"No, she wants to wait for marriage."

Miroku laughed. Inuyasha barked,

"What's wrong with that?! I'm totally okay with it!"

Then Inuyasha got cocky and smiled,

"How far have you and Sango went"

That shut him up very quickly.

"Uh, pretty far…"

"Oh, yeah- How far?"

"Making out- but it's pretty heavy making out! I'm trying!"

"Miroku!"

"Yeah?"

Them Inuyasha almost echoed Kagome's threat,

"If you lay one forceful hand on that girl, I'll throw you overboard!"

"Yes, Sir…"

**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back in the galley, Sango and Kagome still talked,

"He tried to touch you where!?"

Sango almost jumped of her skin

"He tried to touch my boob, but I stopped him! He was very good about it. He hugged me"

"You hugged him while you were topless!"

"Yeah, I know, but it was like it didn't really matter. We so caught up in our emotions to really think of anything lustful."

"Kagome-chan."

"Yeah?"

"He's a man!"

"Oh…But… anyway, I've never felt so safe. When I'm in his arms, all my troubles seem to not matter, nothing can hurt me, and I…"

"…Hello, ladies." Miroku said smoothly.

"Hi, Miroku" Both Kagome and Sango said. Kagome said it flatly while Sango smiled and chirped.

Miroku grabbed Sango around the waist, swung her around and kissed her. Kagome turned and giggled, but when she looked back, they were basically making out. Thank God dinner was just about ready.

"Alright you guys, move it so I can finish."

They moved without leaving each other's lips. Kagome sighed and finished up and left too call the crew.

~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha sat on his bed thinking about his conversation with Miroku. They disgusted from beginning till end, but that short part about talking about seeing her naked swam around in his head. He did feel guilty, but yet…

"Captain?" Kagome peeked in.

He began to sweat and in a shaky voice asked,

"What?"

"I've been yelling that supper was ready, but you didn't come, so…"

She smiled and said,

"Dinner's ready"

Inuyasha gulped and said, "I'll be there in a minute."

Kagome ran in and gave him a good kiss then left. Inuyasha froze, but then a smirk developed on his stunned face.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was sunset. The captain was at the helm watching Kagome at the bow looking out over the colorful sea that the sun descended upon. She had a pinks dress on that blew easily in the breeze. His chest felt tight. She smiled back at him. It gave him a warm sensation. She walked towards him. He smiled at her as she walked up and stood by him. She stared ahead until she heard,

"Do you want to try?"

Kagome looked at him and laughed,

"Ohhhhhhhhhhh no! Don't you dare think I will fall for that again!"

Inuyasha chuckled and asked again,

"No, seriously, do you want to try?"

He made a space for her between him and the wheel. She was a bit unsure, but she stepped in front of him.

"You won't let me fall, will you?"

He stepped up a bit, making himself right up against her. He grabbed her hands and put them up to the wheel to grab the handles. It sent shivers up her when he breathed into her ear and said,

"Put your feet apart a bit and anchor yourself."

She did as he said, then he put his hands over her's

"I'm going to loosen my resistance a second so you can feel the wind."

He weakened his grip. Kagome felt the pressure of the wind that powered the ship and the rutter in the wavy sea.

"You feel it?"

"Yeah"

"Get used to the feel and tune into it."

"She concentrated on keeping the wheel in place. She almost panicked went she felt him wrap his arms around her waist. She saw she was steering it all by herself.

"I'm doing it! I'm really doing it!" She smiled really big and gave an excited/relieved laugh.

Inuyasha was nuzzling into her neck as he continued to instruct her.

"Do you see the compass in front of you?"

"Yes."

He pointed at the needle and at the line it was on.

"Keep it on that line"

"Okay."

Kagome whispered.

Nothing could ruin this moment. She stared at the painted sky, smelled the scent of the sea, and felt the tender touch of Inuyasha. She didn't want to change a thing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha lay awake in his huge bed. He was wide awake and his body showed no signs of sleeping. He stared at the ceiling.

"Kagome." He whispered.

He didn't ever know his feeling could be so strong. Not even for Kikyou, which made him feel guilty, but his ears twitched,

"Inuyasha?" Kagome quietly asked as she stepped inside of the quarters.

"Kagome?"

Kagome stood beside the bed and said,

"I couldn't sleep,"

She softly said.

She expected him to get out of bed so they could go outside, but he opened the covers, and his arms. Kagome saw he was shirtless. She felt extremely awkward. She really didn't want too. Too much Too soon. But something dawned on her. She started to feel calm and…sleepy? She climbed into his arms. She held him and snuggled into his neck. He yawned too,

"'Night" She said in a very cute voice.

"Goodnight."

As they both dozed off they both thought,

`Oh Great! Does this mean I won't get another night of sleep unless he (she) is with me?'

Kagome-`That's a problem! I'll be gone in a few weeks'

Inuyasha- `I'm okay, I'll be with her always.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N time! Pretty sappy /corney chapter, huh. Sorry-Finally my net is back up and My comp is back! I should start the daily chapters again.

I know I keep bugging about this, but please goto my site and watch my Inuyasha music videos! One is:

"Inuyasha- Bring me to Life" Yes there is another version out there made by a girl called Noel.

Http://geocities.com/sailorxproductionstudio