InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Wolf ❯ Her Heart Breaks ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, but this story is mine and was inspired by my former boyfriend, so thanks go to the creator of Inuyasha and to him.




Kagome and the Wolf



Chapter 1: Her heart breaks



Kagome is running blindly through the dark forest. The slight rain that is falling did not help her to see any better than the night. As Kagome ran, she was lost in her thoughts and she did not see the sharp hill until it was too late. She screamed out as she fell. Suddenly Kagome felt strong arms around her. She looked into the face of the person who saved her and was slightly shocked. “Kouga?” “Rest now, Kagome…you are safe now.” replies Kouga. And with that statement, Kagome passes out.
With speed only known to Kouga, he races back to his wolf den. He could tell that Kagome was wounded in several places because he could smell her blood and see her bleeding over her strange kimono. As soon as he got to the den, he called for help and bandages. His fellow wolves came rushing out to find him carrying Kagome, their so-called sister, gently in his arms. She was still passed out. “Sis, are you okay?”, several cried in unison. Kouga growled, “She will be if you fools do as I commanded, so she can be treated!” “Yes Sir.”, all the wolves cried in terror. Then they began to rush around gathering the needed supplies. Kouga gently laid Kagome down on his bed of furs. ‘What in the world had you so very scared and upset, my love’, thought Kouga

~Flashback~

Kagome was walking to the God Tree to find Inuyasha. It had begun to rain, so she was going to ask him to come in with her to Kaede’s hut for the night. As she neared the tree, she saw Kikyo’s soul collectors. She also began to hear voices nearby. As she got closer, she saw Kikyo and Inuyasha sitting together talking. Kagome hid behind a large tree and listened to them.

“Kikyo, why do you keep looking for me?”
“Because I never plan on letting you forget me for that other girl.”
“Do, you mean Kagome?”
“Of course.”
“I could never forget you, my sweet Kikyo.”
“Truly, Inuyasha?”
“Truly, my Kikyo.”
“You were the first person to love me after my mother passed to the next world.” And with that, inuyasha grabbed Kikyo and kissed her forcefully and passionately. When Kagome saw this, she broke her stare and started to walk away as quietly as possible. When she was about 20 feet away, she then started crying and running as fast as she could muster. As if on cue, it started raining as hard as possible at the same instant her first tear fell. As she ran, she was cut both lightly and deeply by branches and roots that she passed and tripped on. Suddenly, she came to a hill she didn’t see and fell down it. That is when Kouga caught her as she fell. He had been out running for the thrill of speed.


~End Flashback~


Kouga finished bandaging up all Kagome’s wounds and gently kissed her forehead to check for fever. To his relief, there was no sign of it. All the other wolves were out hunting for food to give Kouga time to treat Kagome alone. Slowly, Kagome began to open her eyes. The first thing she saw was Kouga treating her wounds on her hands. Then she felt the pain in her side and groaned out of pain. Kouga quickly looked into her eyes. She stared back into his beautiful ice blue eyes. “Kouga? What happened?” “Why am I hurting on my side?”
“As I saw you falling, you hit a large root pretty hard. You cut your side on it. Does it hurt really bad right now?”
“Yes Kouga, it really does.”
“Anything I can do to help, Kagome?”
“Hold me, onegai Kouga, hold me close to you. I’m hurting more than just my wounds. I need to know I’m alive.”
“Kagome, onegai koi, tell me what happened to you.” asked Kouga as he pulled Kagome to him slowly into a gentle loving embrace.
“It was Inuyasha. He was kissing Kikyo.”
“I’m so sorry Kagome. Dog-face has no idea how special you are.”
“Oh, Kouga!” cries Kagome, “Why me!”
“Rest now, my dear sweet Kagome.” Kouga says soothingly. As Kouga holds Kagome, she begins to weep silently, but of course with Kouga’s keen sense, he hears and feels her tears. He leans her head back gently, wiping away the tears in her eyes. As he looks into her beautiful brown eyes, he moves in oh so slowly to kiss her gently. Kagome did not even try to resist and surprised Kouga when she pulled Kouga into an even deeper kiss and even slipped her tongue into his slightly parted lips to explore the unknown places and caverns of his mouth. “Wow, how gentle and sweet he is…it is like kissing a rushing waterfall on a summer day.” thought Kagome. Slowly she begins her exploration of the strong and muscular back of Kouga. She moved up to his neck and hair. Finally, she pulled his hair tie out and Kouga’s long black hair falls around the two of them like a warm blanket. Slowly breaking the long sensual kiss that was between them, Kagome looked at Kouga so very sweetly and blushed slightly.
“Kouga, there is something that I have been keeping from you.” Kagome said so matter-of-factly that Kouga looked at her with surprise evidently on his face. “What is it?”, he asked.
“As you know, I have been in love with Inuyasha, but no longer. What he did last night was the final straw for me.”
“Okay, but what does that mean Kagome?”
“I’m not finished Kouga. I have already begun to care for you as well, Kouga.”
“HONTO, Kagome?”
“Hai.”
“So, what do you want to do now, my koi?”
“Make sure the other wolves are gone onegai, then I will tell you.”
“Only the two guards will remain at the base of the door, is that acceptable, my dearest Kagome?”
“Hai, that will be acceptable Kouga.”
Kouga then left the cave to do the task requested of him. As he went to make sure they were alone and to give the two guards orders of keeping ALL out under threat of death until orders from him alone, Kagome worked to take her damaged fuka off When Kouga returned, Kagome lay under a couple of furs from the bed. Kouga looked at her in total shock.
“Ka..Ka..Kagome?”, Kouga stuttered out.
“Hai? I needed to get out of my torn fuka and forgot that I had no other clothes with me since my backpack is back by the well.”
“Kouga blushed a deep red and said, “Well actually, I had some furs made just for you. Similar to what our women wear, but also similar to you “outfit”. ’She is more beautiful than I once thought.’
“Thanks Kouga. It means a lot. May I have it now?” asked Kagome shocked that Kouga would think of her needs like that.
“Sure you can. Here you go, Kagome. Any problems putting it on, just ask me, I’ll help you.”
“Okay, I will.” With that, Kagome stepped to Kouga’s back, since he was still too stunned to turn his back to her, and got dressed.

“Kouga, can we talk?”
“Sure, anything that you want to talk about.”
“Okay, Kouga will you and possibly your pack consider joining all of us to defeat Naraku?” Kagome blurted out very fast.
“Doushite? Is Mutt-face not doing right in protecting you from demons beside himself?”
“It is not that, Kouga, I just want to get to know you better. But I would like to ask that you not fight with Inuyasha, no matter which way you decide. I still care about him, but it is nothing more than as a friend now. Will you do this for me, onegai Kouga?”
“Hai, I will and me and the pack will help to protect the entire group, demo you will be first to me.”
“Arigato, Kouga. This means a lot too me.”
“It is nothing to worry about Kagome, come let us tell the pack and prepare to leave in the morning.”
“Hai Kouga.” said Kagome, somewhat relieved to have that burden off her.

The pack took the news with excitement. “Finally, we will get the bastard who killed our brothers and sisters.” “Protect our sister, of course we shall go.” and other similar shouts reached Kagome’s ears. She was both glad and sad that it had come to this. Unknown to all around her and in her other group, Kagome had begun to have visions about the final battle with Naraku and her family in the future. She knew there was one more major favor she needed to ask of Kouga and she also knew that her family would not like it. She had to bring her family here and have Kouga’s pack help protect them. She already knew that there was a great chance that she would die in the upcoming battle, but with her family in this era, her chance for survival, for some odd reason was a lot better.
“Kouga, may I address the pack?”
“Of course, you are their sister and they also see you as their princess, just as I am their prince.”Kouga stated blushing slightly.
“Arigato, Kouga-kun.” Kagome turned her attention to the pack of shouting wolves in front of her. “Onegai, may I have your attention.” Shouts continued with only a few looking at her. Kagome was loosing her patience so she did the same thing her Sensei’s used to do…”Hey, minna, SHUT UP!!!” Instantly, there was silence, everyone shocked that Kagome could yell that loud. Kouga was holding his sensitive ears, hoping they were not bleeding.
“Arigato, minna. Gomen for having to yell, but I need you attention for a moment. I need to ask for you to not only protect known group that I have been with, but also three new additions that are very important to me, they are my blood family from the future. My okaa-san named Umineko, my otou-san named Souta, and my grandfather named Hyou. Onegai, can I count on all of you to help protect them..they know nothing of fighting or protecting themselves.” Kagome was almost in tears as she pleaded with the pack to agree to help protect her family.
“Hai, on our lives we shall help protect our ningen sister’s family.” the pack yelled in unison to answer Kagome’s pleas. “Come Kagome, let’s head out and find the mutt and bring you family into the pack.” said Kouga calmly yet commandingly. “Hai Kouga-kun and arigato my friend.”
Replied Kagome. And with that said they and the pack left the den to find Kagome’s other friends.






Glossary of Japanese terms:

Hai--yes
Onegai--please
Arigato--thank you
Doushite--why
Fuka--school uniform worn in modern Japan
Koi-- love
Honto--really
Umineko--a female name; also means ‘sea cat’
Demo--but
Minna--everyone
Okaa-san--mother
Hyou--a male name; also means ‘leopard’
Gomen--sorry
Ningen--human
Otou-san--younger brother