InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Heart ❯ Where Would You Be? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I need a good disclaimer...
I do not own many things like a car, house, dog, or even a dog demon so of course I don't own Inuyasha but that plan is still in the works. (Bwahahahahah...)
Enjoy!
Oh and before I forget, this is a songfic so, I do not own the song Where Would You Be by Martina McBride.
Now Enjoy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
I wonder where your heart is,
`cause it sure don't feel like it's here.
Sometimes I think you wish,
That I would just disappear.
Have I got it all wrong?
Have I felt this way long?
Are you already gone?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Inuyasha had run to her...again. Every time he tried to show a little of his heart toward Kagome, she would show up. She is Kikyo, Inuyasha's love 50 years ago. Kagome was also her reincarnation. Of course Kagome understood the bond the two had shared but Kikyo had died 50 years ago; all that was left was an empty shell. She knew he still loved Kikyo and she knew he always would and that scared her. She always wondered if maybe there would be room for her in his heart someday.
 
There was no doubt she loved him, with all her heart. She also knew she despised Kikyo, every time Inuyasha ran off with her, Kagome's hatred grew. But she knew she could not do any thing about it until Inuyasha was ready. So she waited.
 
She was in her room, trying to occupy her mind with algebra since her exams were drawing nigh but she couldn't shake what had happened from her mind.
 
Flashback
 
“Let her go, Naraku!” Inuyasha had screamed, pulling tetsuiga from its sheath. He lunged at him but Naraku only sidestepped his attack, like a feather blowing in the wind. His arm only tightened around Kagome's neck as she fought to gain freedom.
 
“Stupid half-breed! You cannot defeat me...” Naraku sneered. Inuyasha growled under his breath and yet again made another useless lunge. It was hopeless, Kagome had thought until a bright flash came toward Naraku, taking out his entire right side. In shock he dropped Kagome and she painfully landed on the ground from their hovering position.
 
Kagome knew that power, she herself wielded it and there was only one other person who did as well...Kikyo. Hatred raged inside Kagome's heart and tears flooded down her cheeks. Naraku retreated with a sneering “I'll be back.”
 
Inuyasha looked to Kikyo who then disappeared back into the forest. He then stood up and walked to where Kagome lay in a tangled heap, anguished sobs tearing from her throat. He kneeled beside her and laid a hand on her shoulder, she jerked but then calmed when she sensed who it was. Inuyasha pulled her up to a sitting position and wiped away her tears. “Are you okay?” he asked her gently, almost lovingly? Kagome looked into his eyes as she heard these emotions in his voice, so different from his normal grumpiness.
 
“Yes.” She had managed to choke out as she held his gaze. For a moment his eyes went unmasked and she thought maybe there was hope for love between them but then he spoke again, his wording ripping her heart to shreds.
 
“I have to go find Kikyo.” He stood up and threw one more glance at her before running into the forest where Kikyo had disappeared. Kagome stood up and raced to the well to escape every thing like always.
 
End of Flashback
 
That scene played through Kagome's mind over and over, each time bringing fresh tears to her eyes...'Why Inuyasha?' was her last thought before she drifted off into an exhausted slumber.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Do you feel lonely?
When you're here by my side?
Does the sound of freedom?
Echo in your mind?
Do you wish you where by yourself?
Or that I was someone else?
Anyone else...
 
Where would you be?
If you weren't here with me
Where would you go?
If you were single and free
Who would you love?
Would it be me?
Where would you be...?
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Sango and Miroku sat side by side in Kaede's hut discussing the situation between Inuyasha and Kagome. Neither had returned as of yet, which was to be expected since Kagome had to have time to collect her emotions and Inuyasha had to try to resist being drug off to hell with Kikyo. Both of which took time (An: of course).
 
“I just don't understand why Inuyasha is holding so tightly to his past when he knows he is hurting Kagome!” Sango exclaimed, polishing her boomerang of the places where she so often had hit Miroku.
 
“Inuyasha and my sister were in love, very much so in fact he wanted to become human to please her.” Kaede explained gently, rubbing Kilala's back. Sango looked down understandingly. Miroku inched closer to Sango has he talked.
 
“I understand Inuyasha's feeling, I myself have feelings for someone...” THWACK! A bump formed on the back of his head from Sango's boomerang. “Love is so hard to cope with.” He said before moving away from Sango.
 
“Give them another hour or two, they'll come around...” Kaede stated, secretly hoping she was right.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
I don't wanna hold you back
No I don't wanna slow you down
I don't wanna make you feel
Like you are tied up and bound
`Cause that's not what love's about
If there's no chance we can work it out
Tell me now
Oh, tell me tell me now...
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Inuyasha followed Kikyo through the woods until they reached the God tree where she stopped and turned around to face him. He stopped within a few feet of her, a strange play of emotions on his face. “Why did you do that?” Inuyasha asked an angry edge in his voice.
 
“You would have died...” Kikyo started but was cut off by Inuyasha's annoyed voice piercing through her words.
 
“Of course, then you couldn't have dragged me to hell yourself.” Kikyo had a look of hurt on her face.
 
“Inuyasha, I didn't want you to get hurt. I...I love you...” Kikyo said looking down, a blush crawling up her cheeks. Inuyasha, previously angry, was now stunned. “I know you hate me Inuyasha but...” she was again cut off this time by his lips on hers and she closed her eyes savoring the passionate kiss before she started to drag him down to hell.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Kagome woke up, rested and ready to face Inuyasha again. She dressed in her routine school uniform and stocked up on supplies. She then jumped through the well, unaware of what faced her on the other side.
 
Kagome climbed out of the well, first throwing the bag over the edge before jumping up herself. She started the short walk through the forest to the village. On her way though, she noticed a strange presence. Kikyo. She followed the pull and found herself on the trail to the God tree. As she rounded a huge tree she stopped, gasping at what she saw. Inuyasha was kissing Kikyo! Her mind was swamped with incoherent thoughts as she watched them together.
 
Soon one thought became clear. Go home. He does not want you here, he wants Kikyo. Her feet followed her mind, taking her back to the well. She tripped and fell before it but did not try to get up, she lay there and cried. “No, no, NOOOO!!!!” Her voice resounded through the trees, filled with despair.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Have I become the enemy?
Is it hard to be yourself?
In my company
 
Where would you be...?
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The End
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Dodges rotten tomatoes I know I know! What a place to end a story but there will be a part two sometime so just be patient. Avoids venomous stares from Inuyasha and Kagome I will get Inuyasha and Kagome together and Kikyo will die. GOMEN NASAI!!!