InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Heart ❯ To Hell and Back ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey again! I am back with part two of my Inu fan-fic. In part one I forgot to mention the title. The story itself is called Kagome's Heart, part one is called Where Would You Be. And now here is part two!
 
To Hell and Back
Inuyasha's head jerked up as he heard Kagome's screams pierce the stillness around him. His hand instantly flew to his waist for tetsuiga and on impulse he started to fly off to find what was harming her.
 
“What is it?” Kikyo's voice pierced through his musings. He stopped short, his passionate kiss with Kikyo haunting his lips at the sound of her voice. “Inuyasha, stay with me, love.” He felt her arms wrap around his waist as she laid her head against his back.
 
“I can't, she is in trouble.” He said flatly, staring into the darkened forest. Kikyo's calm gaze turned hard and unreadable as he continued. “She could be hurt or worse.” He started to pull away but she held tightly. “Let me go, Kikyo!” He demanded, trying to loosen himself from her grip. He felt himself start to sink and gasped. “What are you doing?!”
 
“I don't want to be by myself, come Inuyasha. You promised you would not leave me.” Kikyo hissed as fire whipped around them. The heat seared Inuyasha's face but his kimono's magic kept him from being burned.
 
Inuyasha thrashed about wildly but her nails only dug into his skin through his kimono. “I have to get to her...” He whispered, tears pricking the edges of his eyelids.
 
“Come with me.” Kikyo cooed and then the ground broke beneath them and they were thrown into hell with Kagome's name on Inuyasha's tongue.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
As Kagome's tears subsided, she got herself up and dusted the dirt from her uniform. She bit her tongue as more tears swelled up when she saw the shikon jewel shards, the memory of how she obtained each one bringing a longing for things to be as they were.
 
She sat on the edge of the well, staring into the shadows. Suddenly she heard her name being called from within the forest. She stood up quickly; it had been Inuyasha's voice. At least that's what her irrational mind screamed, her rational mind was saying quite calmly that Inuyasha had no need for her and she should just go home. Kagome, being a sensible girl, jumped through the well, emotionally drained and scared that it had been Inuyasha.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Inuyasha fell through flames and heat until he reached baked earth where he landed with a thud. Kikyo floated down beside him, a look of triumph in her eyes. Flames licked her face but she did not flinch as it left a burn. “You have fulfilled your promise, you came with me. Thank you.” Kikyo said. Inuyasha looked stumped. How could she be so evil one moment and then change her attitude toward gratitude the next.
 
He didn't know how to respond to her until finally a nervous reply crossed his lips. “Y-You're welcome.”
 
She giggled at his confusion and closed the three feet that separated them. “Hell isn't that bad, if you spend your time the right way.” Once again she kissed him passionately, her lips burned like fire but he did not pull away. He knew he should have but could not find the strength. Suddenly, an image passed through his mind. Kagome. One after the other he saw her, laughing, sleeping, slapping Miroku, petting Kilala, jumping through the well, crying, smiling. His mind spun with her and finally realization dawned on him like a new morning.
 
`I love Kagome.' His mind said. A shiver ran through and he pulled away from Kikyo. He took a step back, his eyes locked with hers. “Kikyo, I don't love you any more. I love Kagome.” He took another step back.
 
“Inuyasha, you promised me you would come with me because you did this to me. You killed me. I did not choose to die, you chose for me. You made a promise and you must keep your word.” Kikyo spat venomously, her words stinging Inuyasha's heart but he carried on.
 
“That was the past and my love for you died the day you did. The day you didn't trust me. You think you were the only one betrayed that day but no. I was to. I made that promise fifty years ago because I thought it was my entire fault. Kagome helped me see the truth. She shined a light in my heart. A light your evil hands will never again hold.” He replied, his voice an ocean of calm. Kikyo's eyes dimmed with tears that she could not shed, would not shed. Her hands appeared before her and before Inuyasha was aware of any harm, he was pushed into the lake of fire.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
*dodges sharp pointy objects* Don't you just hate me... I love cliff hangers; it always leaves people begging for more. *dodges ax* Inuyasha could die! *gasp* Ah well, more next time or I could end it here... *gets knocked in the head with frying pan* Ok, never mind, back next time. *passes out*