InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kismet ❯ I Remember ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha sadly and if I did I probably wouldn't be writing a disclaimer.

A/N: Ah, another chapter at last. Now in reference to the names Midori and Midoriko, they're the same person, Midori's just a nick name.


"Kismet"

Chapter eleven

I Remember


Inuyasha stood shocked as Kagome suddenly fell limp against his body in unconsciousness. He caught her easily but was at a complete loss as to what to do. "Kagome," he managed out.

Kagome was back; his Kagome was finally here, but what to do now? There were so many questions he wanted to ask her but she had just fainted.

Well if there was one thing he knew he wasn't going to lose her again, and in a fluid motion he picked her up into his arms and ran off toward the village.

Though leaving behind a certain aforementioned Kagome look-alike, who had witnessed the whole scene.

"Inuyasha..."


^.^


Inuyasha bounded through the forest at God speed making it to the village in unimaginable time. Of course now the only problem was deciding where exactly to go.

He couldn't go to Kikyou's home, there would be too much need for explanation; but who else here would acept him? And as if a sign from God there was a light.

The only other person who had ever shown unprovoked kindness to him other than Kagome; Midoriko. That woman was too stubborn to accept that he was supposed to be hated, and what luck, she happened to have medical expertise.

So without much deliberation Inuyasha slunk silently into the village unseen, to Midoriko's home, which he found was lit brightly but quite meaning no one else was there. Once in the door he called out. "Midori!"

A moment later a woman about in her twenty appeared from another room, looking both surprised to see Inuyasha and his companion. "Inuyasha?" Inuyasha sighed forgetting his pride. "I need your help."

Midoriko nodded to him without hesitation but questioned, "What is wrong?" Inuyasha looked down to the girl delicately held in his arms and then back up to Midoriko. "This is Kagome."

Midoriko's expression widened to surprise and nodded quickly as she motioned to a bed. "Put her down there and I'll let you stay, but you have to talk to me Inuyasha. That's the only way I can help."

Inuyasha turned his head with a light 'Keh' but Midori knew he would stay. From everything she knew about Inuyasha, she knew most that this 'Kagome' had meant more to him than life; and up until now she had believed the girl was dead.


^.^


Staying up late into the night Midoriko pressed information from Inuyasha while treating the unconscious Kagome. "And so she disappeared-"

"Twenty-eight years ago." Inuyasha finished the sentence for his old friend getting a little anxious. Midoriko stayed silent for a moment and Inuyasha rolled his eyes.

"I know what you're thinking so stop." Inuyasha demanded, eyeing her warily. Midoriko looked up from her thoughts to eye the hanyou sitting against the four-wall.

"What am I thinking then?" She asked in a genuine tone, not in the least sarcastic, and Inuyasha respected her in the foremost by answering in the same tone.

"She should look at least forty by now, I know, and she was never or isn't a youkai so she shouldn't have retained youth; but I swear to God, Midoriko, this is Kagome." he said sternly.

Midoriko's eye's softened. "But, didn't you think that Kikyou had been Kagome at first as well?" Midoriko watched him bracing herself for an expected huffing outburst but instead received another calm reply.

"At first; but I know her scent. And she has Kagome's scent." Inuyasha looked at Midoriko intensely, and all of a sudden she smiled. "What?"

She shook her head. "No, it's nothing just, as long as I've known you, you were never so serious as when you spoke about Kagome." Inuyasha couldn't see where she was going with this.

She looked at him with the same smile. "I know it's Kagome, Inuyasha; I just wanted to make sure that you knew." Inuyasha was at a loss for Midori's motive's, but he didn't really need to know.

Midoriko was unique; no one else really understood her. Maybe that was why she was such good friends with him. Inuyasha smiled lightly at the thought and then looked back to the sleeping Kagome.

She had changed so much, but yet was some how still the same. The resemblance of her to Kikyou was odd, but Kagome was still so different. She was warm. He couldn't wait till she woke up, but what would he say to her?

As he was contemplating this Midori got up. "I'm going to get some things done. I trust she'll be alright with you?" It was more of a statement than a question. Midoriko had no doubts.

Inuyasha nodded and Midori left the house quietly, thinking silently to herself of the things she knew were inevitable between those two, but to which they would be oblivious.

As she left Inuyasha resumed watching Kagome, completely lost in thought of the way she was and how she would be different now. Did she even know him when he saw her? She didn't seem too.

That's annoying...but then again how could she forget? But also where has she been the last thirty some years? And yet she hasn't aged more than seven.

He sighed, and than sat shocked at himself. He had never sighed; that was a girl thing! He mentally kicked himself and made an extremely odd face.

"What are you doing?" Inuyasha almost jumped. Kagome sat up in her bed, perfectly fine and staring at him.

'Ah, shit' What to say... "...Hi."

DAMN IT! Of all the things he could have asked, anything he had thought over......he said 'hi.'

She blinked. "Hi." she smiled cheerfully; but then seemed to realize where she was.

Her expression faded to blank and she stared at him again. "Um, so," she looked around her seemingly debating what to ask. "Who are you?"

damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it.... Inuyasha squeezed his eye's shut and took a deep breath. There was absolutely nothing he could think to do except act naturally...which was unfortunately blunt.

"Kagome, I'm Inuyasha. I've known you since you were six up until about twenty-eight years ago when you disappeared. I've searched for you since then; I thought you were dead....AND YOU DON'T EVEN REMEMBER MY NAME!!!!!"

Yes.....that went well. Kagome stared at him in shock. After Inuyasha's infuriating scream the whole world had gone virtually dead silent. Kagome shivered and a chill went up her spine, then she suddenly burst out.

"Excuse me! That was rood! I only asked you a question, you didn't have to yell!" Inuyasha was a little surprised. She was the same Kagome alright. Still just as fiery.

Inuyasha scoffed. "I can't believe you. After everything you said, you've gone back on your word and forgotten me." He glared at her in anger to hide another emotion.

"You didn't come back; you swore on your mother's grave that you woul-" he stopped. Suddenly realizing what he'd done. He'd broken a promise too. They'd promised not to talk about each others real parents.

And he had. The sickening bile of panic rose in him as he say Kagome's face pale. "Kagome...?" Kagome's mind went blank all of a sudden. Something clicked. Something had struck a nerve....and she saw red; but not a red from anger.

Mother...her real mother. And Souta....as a baby? A boy with white hair...and a man that reminded her of a duck... A million memories flashed before her eyes as Kagome stared horridly at the wall.

And then suddenly; she knew.....everything. Kagome blinked and looked at Inuyasha with amazing relief. He gave her an odd look, but she could tell that a minute ago he had been scared.

"Inuyasha," He looked at her intently from the tone of her voice.

"I remember...."


@ @ @


And what a WONDERFUL cliffhanger it is! Mwahahaha! I'm evil. No, sorry guys but i just had to stop here. One reason is because i have to go to youth group now, but shhhh. lol

Review!

~SNOW