InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kismet ❯ Forgetting the Past ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:Okay here's the plan, I'm going to sneak onto a plane and hitch hick to Japan, then go find the nearest shrine in tokyo and falll accidentally into it's well. When I wake up on the other side (or from my concusion) I'll find Inuyasha and brain wash him into thinking he's mine...Until then I do not own Inuyasha ^.^



"Kismet"

Chapter ten

Forgetting the Past

Seven Years Later

Maths class. I hate, maths class. "Ug..." I grumbled and leaned more against my hand that was propped up on the desk. I looked lazily over to the clock. Two o' nine; If the stupid thing would just move one more minute...

RIIIINNNG!!! 'Yes!'I scrambled to grab my books and stand up at the same time. Not the easiest task, but it had to be done if I wanted to get out in time to meet-

"Oh, hello Kagome-chan!" said an overly cheerful voice. I stood up and turned around with some reluctance, but was surprised to find who had addressed me.

"Hojo-kun! Um, how are you today?" He smiled brightly. "Oh just fine. Hey Kagome, I was going to go to the movie's later today and I was wondering if maybe you'd like to come?" I blinked. Was he asking me out?

"Oh uh, sorry Hojo but I'm sort of in a hurry today. I have to meet my friend in," I looked at the clock. "Ack! Right now! Uh, sorry to rush off, but I have to go!"

I dashed out the door without a second thought, leaving a no doubt baffled Hojo in my midst.

^.^

Running through the school at top speed had resulted in frightening a lot of innocent bystanders, but I couldn't be late today; again.. -.-; Hikari was definitely not up for another excuse.

I grabbed my book bag and other necessities at my locker and made it down to the court yard in one minute. By which time, Hikari was, sure enough, waiting.

"I'm here!" I yelled skidding to a halt and huffing to catch my breath. " Sorry I'm late." I apologized sheepishly and Hikari smiled. "That's okay, it's not like studying for the maths test is that important." she giggled.

I stood up from leaning and looked at her seriously for once. "It may not be for you, but I suck in math, and I need to study before my doctor anointment today." Hikari nodded in acknowledgment and we started to walk.

"Right, with doctor quackhead." she rolled her eyes for emphasis. I laughed.

"Yeah, I don't know why I even have to go to him anymore. The whole reason I went was because of something that happened when I was eight years old, and now I'm fifteen! So there's really no point." I told her in finality.

She smiled lightly. "Yeah. Why did they send you to him in the first place?" I stopped. Why did I go to doctor Hokusai? It's been so long can I even remember? Something about a dream I had?

Or a boy... I creased my brow and rubbed one of my temples. "Uh, I'm not sure." I continued to walk. "Probably something dumb. I bet they over reacted." I shrugged and Hikari seemed satisfied as we began to walk, but for some reason I had a nagging feeling.

'What did happen back then. Why can't I remember?'

^.^

Hikari and I studied for about an hour until I could somewhat understand the work, and then she left and I got ready to leave myself.

Mom was in the kitchen and Souta was in the living room watching cartoons. I looked over to Souta and shook my head smiling.

He had an unhealthy addiction with that television, but I wasn't about to start reprimanding him now. I decided that I wouldn't bother changing out of my school uniform, since I was all ready to go otherwise, and walked towards the door while informing everyone of my departure.

"I'm going to my appointment mom, I'll see you later okay?" I said slipping on my shoes. My mother looked up from her cooking and smiled at me warmly.

"Alright dear, dinner will be ready before then so I'll save you some." she said brightly. "Alright." I told her and walked out the door.

I walked to the bus stop and only waited about five minutes before the bus arrived and everyone got on.

I sat down near the back, and there was a little kid behind me screaming and a guy in front blasting his head phones, but I didn't notice much because I was suddenly still interested in whatever had happened to me seven years ago.

While I was thinking I stopped hearing the little boy behind me crying, and everyone else on the bus, and I guess I must have nodded off because I didn't seem to notice anything else either.

Dark. It was very dark all of a sudden. There were flashes of light every once in a while, and then some people. Were we going through a tunnel?

There was a girl in a white tea gown with pink flowers and a barrett and a boy with red clothes, white hair ad dog ears. A giant snake, and a small wood well, then a man and duck holding a pill and then water.

There was water everywhere. I can't breath; why can't I breath? There's so much light, and water. It's pink, or purple light and, that well, I can still see that well....

"Huhh," I gasped slightly and opened my eyes. I was on the bus and that boy was still crying. I blinked. What was that about?

^.^

I couldn't stop thinking about my dream all through the bus ride and through at least half the session with doctor Hokusai. He must have noticed I wasn't intentionally ignoring him because he stopped to say so.

"Kagome is something bothering you?" I looked at him questionably. I had never especially trusted him for some reason, but it couldn't hurt to ask him questions could it?

"Doctor Hokusai, do you remember why my parents started taking me to see you?" His eyes widened all of a sudden and I knew that he did.

"You, were having strange dreams; about a well and some other things." That was enlightening. So the well did have something to do with it. "What about the well? Where was it?" I was suddenly sounding interested.

"Nothing, it was just a small part. Nothing to be concerned with." What? Why is he brushing this off? It's not like he's got something to hide. But then it hit me. The well. There was a well at the shrine. At our shrine.

I sat back nonchalantly and looked out the window. "Sure, okay." I said brushing it off. I could feel his stare on me, but he eventually looked back to his notes and resumed the session and I resumed not listening.

I'll play his little game, and find out myself what the well has to do with my past.

^.^

By the time I got home it was almost dark. From the top of the shrine steps I could see the lighted windows of my home, but that was not where I was going.

I hadn't been in the well house in such a long time I couldn't even remember what it looked like. Maybe I had been too scared when I was younger. Probably some story I heard.

I pushed on the door and it stuck a little before giving way. I took a quick look around to deduct that it was cold, dark and obviously not been in for years.

All there was were a whole bunch of shelves with old junk and spirit wards on them, and one old wooden well placed in the middle of the room.

As I stepped forward I shut the door behind me. There were a few steps leading down to it but it seemed pretty normal.

There was no covering and in looking down I could see no water, but then again, I couldn't really see the bottom either. I leaned forward more and almost fell, but that didn't kill my curiosity.

I wanted to see what was in it. Maybe I could find something that would make all of these flashes make sense.

I sat on the lip, feet dangling over and braced myself. "Okay, one, two, two- three!"

I leaned off the lip closing my eyes and fell waiting for the impending thud to the ground, but it never came. I opened my eyes in shock to discover I was falling, but into a sort of infinity.

I gasped. It was completely blue-black except for little flickers of light all around me, like shooting stars in green, blue and purple. I was, flying. Or something closely related.

But as abruptly as it had come the strange surroundings disappeared and I landed softly at the bottom of the well. I sat incredibly still on my hands and knee's trying to make sense of it. I must have dreamed it, right?

Everything in the well looked normal, there was nothing to prove that it had happened, so I must have dreamt it. I must've. Shaking my head I got up and dusted off my knee's before finding the ladder and starting to climb up.

The only thing strange about this was that all along the ladder, there were vines, and I definitely didn't remember vines growing out of the well when I fell in.

By the time I reached the top of the ladder it was light and that was odd, but stepping out of the well, I don't think there could have been anything stranger.

All around me, everywhere I looked, I was in the middle of a completely uncharted forest. I was outside in a forest. This was definitely not the well house.

Given the situation, assuming that this wasn't a dream, even if I had been given an hour I don't think I would have been able to register out of shock, but I had been standing there about one minute, before someone appeared out of the bushes.

A boy. A pretty good looking boy measuring about seventeen I guessed in age, walked out of the forest brush and looked at me.

I blinked and subtly turned my eyes left and right to make sure there was no one else he could be looking at and then stared back at him.

In that moment that we were staring I noticed a few other things. He was wearing all red, his hair was white and he had little doggy ears on his head. Besides having the strangest urge to go over and fondle this complete strangers ear's, I made a connection.

This was the boy from my dream. Suddenly the boy stopped staring and gained a look that could be described only as total annoyance. He glared at me and my eye's widened.

"What is wrong with you?" he growled. (a/n: no pun intended) I blushed for some odd reason and, if it was possible, my eyes got wider. "What?" He stomped up and stopped about a foot in front of me and continued to glare.

"Why the HELL did you run off like that?!" I leaned back a little bit from his yelling. "What are you talking about?" He rolled his eyes and continued to gripe.

"What do you think I'm talking about? You just stomped off a minute ago, all furious at me, and I didn't DO anything!!" Now, I was really confused. "What?" He folded his arms in a look of superiority.

"Don't play dumb with me Kikyou, you know exactly what I'm talking about; unless you have the memory of a squirrel." Well at least now it made a little sense.

He thought she was this kee-ko person; maybe him being in her dream had nothing to do with this. Hell this whole thing could be a dream for all she knew right?

"Um, my name's not Kikyou it's-" he cut in. "Don't even try to pull that one Kikyou, it's not even funny. Besides do you think you could fool me with my-" he stopped suddenly and looked all of a sudden shocked.

It sort of shocked me a little that he had for once shut up, but then he started sniffing the air and then looked at me with an expression that totally didn't suit him. One that made him look surprised and near tears.

I had no idea what to do. Then he made it worse. "K-Kagome?" He knew my name. How did he know my name? My eyes went wide and I stared at him in disbelief.

"How did you-" I started, but he all of a sudden embraced me. This was too much. I wake up in a place I've never seen, find the boy from my dreams, literally, he knows my name and then hugs me?

And so I did the only thing I could. I passed out.

@ @ @

So what do you think? I slaved away all night at the computer to write it so I hope you like it. well I'll try to get the next chapter up soon and I probably should because it'll be easier since I've gotten this part of the plot in, at least I hope it'll be easier. @.@

Peace and Ja ne

~SNOW