InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kismet ❯ A Memory Lost ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, Rumiko Takahashi does..... ;.;

A/N: I joined track. and i hurt. +.+ blah...... but in response to a question a few chapters ago that i forgot to answer, I get all my Inuyasha episodes from ebay (they only have dvd though for all you pple with vcr's) and on average each part is $30 with shipping and handling and has 11 to 25 episodes in them (there's 5 parts so far, 90 ep's) for more info you can email me, but for now On with the chap!

readers: finally.......

SNOW: ^_^;;; heheh

"Kismet"

Chapter nine

A Memory Lost



Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. The only sound I'd been hearing for the last twenty minutes. I heard this every day, but it was still something that annoyed me immensely.

I looked up from my lap where I'd been staring. There was doctor Baka. That wasn't his real name, just one thing I called him. My parents have been taking me here every afternoon for the past two weeks since the "incident" with the well.

I don't care what they say about this doctor, he's insane. He talks to me like I'm stupid and thinks I'M insane! I looked at his clip board once when he wasn't looking.

He wrote all sorts of things about me that couldn't be more wrong. He said I dreamed all these stories about Inuyasha when I'd 'bumped' my head from falling down the well. He was a quack; a grade A quack.

He was staring at me again. I hated it when he stared at me. It was annoying and I felt like an animal in the zoo; which is most likely why I have been having the sudden urge to free all the animals in the zoo, but that's not the point.

So far I've tried everything to get back to the well. I've been gone so long, it'll likely be two months in Inuyasha's world. It's not fair. He's my best friend and he's probably so worried. All alone, with no friends...

I felt a tear slide down my cheek and looked down to hide my eye's from the doctor, but no avail. "Kagome? Why are you crying dear?" Like he really cared.

He was getting paid big time to cure me; and finding a cure for me would mean a supposed medical brake through since I was such a unique case. He'll get famous for that.

"I'm not crying." I said, sounding a lot younger than I intended too. Great; I work two weeks to make him feel inferior to me and like a complete ignoramus, and then I have to go and do that.

The doctor sat up in his chair; I knew this because it squeaked. It was a leather chair and squeeked a lot. I liked this chair, it reminded me of a really cute mouse youkai Inuyasha had once showed me. I blinked a tear again.

I couldn't think of anything without remembering Inuyasha. "I'm not stupid as you like to believe Kagome; I can see that you're crying." Darn it. Okay that's it, I can't stand it anymore.

"You want to know why I'm crying doctor ducky?" That was my favorite name for him. It drove him insane and I loved to watch him use his silent "count 1, 2, 3," calming technic.

Sure enough, he closed his eyes for three seconds and answered. "Yes." I smiled. He was so easily bothered.

Well this is what it came down to.

I'm going to say it strait and if he doesn't believe me, I'll fake insanity for life, and make sure he's the laughing stalk of the psychiatry world and has to work at a fast food restaurant, poking at the change consuls in pay phones as a hobby.

I folded my hands over my lap and crossed my legs, imitating him to make him feel inferior again. "Doctor ducky, I fell in a well two years ago and met a dog-eared boy with no friends.

I became best friends with that boy, and he probed me somehow to be able to speak." Just being around doctor quack-head had widened my vocabulary. It's so funny that he's surprised by my knowledge of words.

"I would be with that boy right now if my parents had believed me. And now I'm talking to you, and you would like to know why I'm crying." I stood up on my chair.

"Well Doctor ducky it's simple but since you seem so confused by the look of those incorrect notes you're taking, I'll spell it for you:"

Doctor ducky looked at his notes when I mentioned them and I rested my hands at my sides in fists. "I. Miss. Inuyasha!!"

Doctor ducky's eye's widened at my sudden loudness and just to emphasize my point, but mostly because I'd been wanting to do it since I met this guy, I picked up a hard cover note pad next to me and flung it at him.

If he wasn't paying attention before, he sure was now, because it hit him square in the nose. I sat down cross-legged like nothing had happened.

Doctor ducky stared at me for a while and looked quite shell shocked. I smiled at that. He recovered though and picked up his clip board and started writing some more before he put it down and got something out of his desk.

Now what was he doing? He found the something and walked up to me. "Kagome." "Ye-" I answered, but as soon as I opened my mouth he stuffed in a pill and it surprised me so much, I accidentally swallowed.

My hands flew to my throat. Doctor ducky just watched me expectedly for some reason that I couldn't figure out why, but from what I could tell the world around me was starting to turn fuzzy and I couldn't help the stupid grin that just stuck on my face.

Everything smelled funny now too; like anesthesia. "Kagome?" That's funny, doctor ducky's voice sounds like it's in a tunnel. For some reason I answered, "Yes,"

"Kagome, listen to me very carefully and repeat everything I say. Understood?" I wobbled a bit. What was the question? "Understood." I heard my voice say. What's understood? Huh...?

"Good. Now, I fell in a well two years ago." Duh...stu...pid... "I fell in a well two years ago." I said, unintentionally sounding each syllable. "And when I fell I bumped my head." No. That's....wrong.

"When I fell I bumped my head." Huh?..why'd I say...that.. "I dreamed up the whole story of Inuyasha." No I...didn't "I dreamed up the whole story of Inuyasha." I sound....like a...mono...tone.....

"And I now realize that it's untrue."

"And I now realize that it's untrue."

"And when I wake up,"

"And when I wake up,"

"I will remember only this,"

"I will remember only this,"

"And call doctor ducky,"

"And call doctor ducky,"

"Doctor Hokusai."

"......."

"Kagome?"

"Kagome."

"When I snap my fingers you will wake up."

"When I snap my-" *snap*

The world around me slowly unblurred and I blinked a few times. "Kagome?" The doctor questioned me and I looked up. "Kagome you nodded off, how are you feeling?"

I thought a minute. "Fine." "Good. Now we were just discussing the Inuyasha dream, what happened after took a walk?" I blinked once slowly in thought.

"I woke up." The doctor smiled for some reason. "Good; good. That's all for today Kagome, and I think you can start seeing me once a month now." I just stared at him.

"Okay." He scribbled on another paper and ripped it off holding it out to me. "Take this to the secretary at the front desk and she'll talk with you're parents to inform them of you're recovery." Recovery? Okay.

"Okay." I walked to the door and stepped out after saying goodbye.

"Bye doctor ducky."

@ @ @

hehehe now I'm even eviler. Mwahahahahaha!!! *clears throat* yes. But I promise It'll get better in the next chapter. Sorry for the shortness of this chapter but it couldn't be helped. There was nothing more I could add, and it's also hard to type with a background noise of your 7 year old sister throwing up. x.x yeah......well anyways, keep up with the reviews!!

I'll try to update faster this time, I was just so caught up in Kesshite Doriimingu, and then the fanfiction.net pple removed my "Chat" story because it was a 'violation'.......¬.¬ violation my butt........grrr........oh well at least I still have it posted here ^.^ I'm a cheater hehe, if only i'd remember to update -.-

until next chap REVIEW!

~SNOW