InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kismet ❯ A Parent's Intervention ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, Rumiko Takahashi does..... ;.;

A/N: Ahh! Sorry for not updating I kinda forgot I posted my fic here, so I'll reward your patience with 5 new chapters!

"Kismet"

Chapter eight

A Parent's Intervention



Two years. It's been two years to the day now; since I met Inuyasha. I stared down at the well like I had so many times before, and jumped. Everything was worked out between my new parents and the police, and eventually when they questioned me about my mother, I told them everything. They still hadn't found my father, but I was okay with that, because if ever I was scared, I could just go to see Inuyasha.

It was such a familiar feeling, jumping down the well; like falling but knowing there would be no impact when I'd land. Just a small thud, and with that I climb up the dry well. I walked about an eighth of a mile to the tree where Inuyasha and I met, and like always he was there waiting for me. I smiled.

He looked at me, arms folding with a fake frown. He liked to tease me. "What took you so long?" he grumbled and I laughed. "I'm not very late." I said and a smirk broke his frown. "Yeah," I smiled at him as he took my hand. "Come on, I've got something to show you." He said directing me forward and I laughed inwardly at his enthusiasm.

He had always been like this when I would visit, and now he looked to be about ten, and I eight; but in all of the joy that we shared I guess I failed to notice that here, I should have aged eight years, but have only grown two, because of the time differences between our worlds. Thankfully this had also never occurred to Inuyasha, so he never asked why I aged at the same rate as him. Maybe he never realized it, because I was the only human he knew.

* * *

After about eight hours, which was equal to two hours in my time, I said goodbye to Inuyasha again, promising I'd be back in 'four days' like always.

"So I'll see you in four days?" I smiled at him folding my hands on my yukata. "Of course." He looked at me intently. "Because, I had an idea of where we can go and stuff," He shuffled a bit and I looked at him. "You don't have to encourage me Inuyasha, I'll come. Even if there was nothing to do and nowhere to go, I'd still come to see you; you're my best friend." He was looking at me but suddenly folded his arms and looked the other way. "Keh," he said. He really seemed to like that word.

I looked at him strangely for a moment and it might have been my imagination, but his cheeks looked slightly pink. "You're my best friend, too." he said and I smiled widely before shocking him with a hug. "I'll see you in four days Inuyasha," I told him smiling as we parted and I started to walk away. "You can count on it." And with that I left him to watch me fade away into the distance.

When I got to the well it was almost dark so I jumped in without hesitation. There was the familiar pink glow that surrounded me, and then I was home. For as long as I can remember doing this, leaving the well was not my favorite part. Inuyasha was a huge part of my life and my family didn't know about him, so what was so great about coming home? I loved my family of course, but I always wished I could tell them; and then fate took a turn, and my mother peeked over the edge of the well. "Kagome?"

I looked up to find her staring down at me in a strange expression that was confused and something else that I couldn't quite place. With nothing else to think of I spoke. "Hi mama." Sachiko's eyes widened. "Kagome, what are you doing in there!?" If there was a simple answer to this I wasn't aware, so I said the only thing that was true and made sense. "I was playing." and with that, Sachiko was stunned and told me immediately to get out, which I did. How could I have ever known what such a simple discovery would lead to.

* * *

I sat on a arm chair in the living room with Sachiko and Takashi across from me on the couch. It was interesting what they were doing right now: First Sachiko would look at Takashi, then Takashi would look at Sachiko, then Sachiko would look at me; I was getting a bit worried about them for a while until Sachiko spoke. "Kagome, there is something your father and I have been meaning to ask you." Well this is progress, they're talking. "All right." I answered simply. I didn't want to overdo things with a complicated answer, they were just adults after all.

They looked at each other again before Takashi turned back and began to talk. "Kagome, for the past two years, we've been noticing that after school, you have a tendency to disappear for roughly two hours and then show up." I kept watching him. Good we're making excellent progress; discuss your thoughts. Sachiko picked up from there. "And you see we were quite worried about you and then we saw you go in the well house every day in your yukata." I nodded gently. Yes that's good, now that we've found the problem we can fix it.

It seemed that they were taking turns in their speech because next Takashi picked up. "We were less worried about it then until we went in there one day and you weren't in the house. And today your mother found you in the well." I nodded again. Correct, good mama and 'tou-san, you are very good at telling me what's wrong. I watched them as they exchanged glances once again before Sachiko spoke. "What we're trying to say Kagome, is we are worried about you, and we want to know what you were doing in the well today."

I stared at them and blinked. Wow, I guess this was the lucky break I was looking for; A way to involve my family in my life with Inuyasha and tell them about our world. I smiled. "Well I go in the well everyday mama and 'tou-san." They looked at me strangely and then Takashi asked, "Why?" I smiled again and they both looked stunned. "Because that's where Inuyasha is." I stated. They looked at me and blinked. ""Who's Inuyasha?"" they asked in unison. "He's my best friend!" I told them, smiling widely.

They both stared at me without a word and I took that as my que to continue. "You see, the day I was first adopted I got really mad at Yukio because he told me it was my fault that my real mommy died, so I ran into the well house and jumped in." Takashi's eye's widened, and Sachiko shot her hand up to her mouth, but I didn't take notice. "But when I stood back up in the well, there was no more water in it and I was all dry, so I climbed out and when I did, I was in a forest!" I threw my arms up in the air to emphasize the drama.

Sachiko and Takashi were still silent, so I continued. "Well I didn't know where I was so I just walked around for awhile until I saw Goboushinko, so I ran up to it but then the shrine wasn't there!" They still didn't seemed to phased by my dramatic conclusions so I just went on again.

"Well after that I was so worried that I was lost, so I walked around for hours until I looked and saw this boy in red run by. He was really, really fast! And I chased after him to see if he knew where I was, but then I saw him running towards a cliff, and had to stop him so I yelled 'STOP!' but I was so surprised 'cause I couldn't talk before, but then the boy came over and yelled at me saying I was stupid cause he was a youkai and they can jump farther!" My parents looked absorbed in my words so with new encouragement I continued.

"Well I told him that he didn't look like a youkai, and he said 'What!!?' and I said 'you don't look like a youkai' and then he pointed to his ears, that were on top of his head, and were doggy ears and asked me if I didn't thought his ears were weird, and I said 'no' and he was all 'ahhh' like, and then he got mad and said that he could kill me, and I started crying, but then he said he was sorry, and walked away." I took a breath.

"But, after he was gone a snake came out of the bushes and said it was going to eat me, and it was really big and I screamed, and then I could breath cause of the snake strangling me, but then the boy came back and killed the snake youkai with his claws, and then I said thank you and hugged him and asked him his name and he said 'Inuyasha' and I said, 'I'm Kagome' and then I fell asleep.

But when I woke up Inuyasha was still there and took me to a village where he said I might live, and when I got there it was a Sengoku Jidai period village; so that's when I realized that the well, brought me into the PAST!!" My parents were still quite speechless, so I continued.

"Well Inuyasha took me back to the well, cause I said I didn't live in that village, and when we got there I told him I didn't really know how to get home, cause I didn't, and then I cried and he hugged me, and then I told him about what happened to my real mommy and then he told me how his parents died too cause he was also an orphan, and then we became best friends. So when I went back to the well again I fell in!

Then when you said I'd been gone for only twelve hours and I'd been in the past for two days, I figured that there was a time difference, so from then on I decided to visit Inuyasha every day after school, which is equal to once every four days in Inuyasha's world." I stopped and they didn't say anything so I concluded. "And that's where I go, every day." I finished smiling.

My parents stared at me with the most shocked expression for a while before they turned to look at each other. They seemed to like that. But when they looked back they both had serious worried excretions again. What? I just explained everything to them! What were they worried about now? "Kagome," Takashi started. "Did you just make up this story?" My eyebrows raised. "No, it's the truth! I can show you! I can jump in the well and show you!" I was suddenly very defencive. What was so hard to believe?

Takashi looked at me sternly. "Kagome, don't lie to us." My eyes widened. "I'm NOT! It's true! It really is TRUE!!" Why didn't they believe me?! I don't understand! Sachiko brought her hand up to her mouth again and Takashi stood up. "All right Kagome, it's okay. Can you just stay here for a moment while your mother and I discuss something?" I nodded with a furrowed brow, and they both exited the room.

* * *

For the whole first ten minutes, I stared at my feet, going over the conversation in my head, wondering what I had said wrong. Fifteen minutes passed, and then twenty, and after thirty minutes I had finally gotten fed up and was about to go look for them, when I heard something. Hammering? I got up and walked toward the sound. It was coming from outside and the closer I got to the shrine, the louder it got. Finally I was in front of the well house, and there was no doubt it was coming from in there.

I paniced and as fast as I could I ran up and slid open the door. There was Sachiko, Takashi and Jii-chan with hammer and nails, boarding up the well! They looked up to me when I opened the door and I screamed in shock. "What are you doing!!!?" Sachiko walked up to me and took my hands, while I stared wide-eyed at the scene before me. "Mama let go! What are you doing!? Stop! Please!" Sachiko hold my hands tighter as Takashi continued to hammer. "Kagome, this is for your own good. You're going to end up hurting yourself if you believe the stories you tell and jump in the well. We're going to board it up and take you to get some help."

I couldn't believe what was happening! "No! Stop! Onegai! Onegai! I promised him, I Promised!!" I struggled until I was restrained by my hands and kneeling on the floor, hearing Takashi hammer the last nail that seal the only connection between Inuyasha and myself. I threw my head up to the ceiling and cried. "INUYASHA!!"

@ @ @

Oh yeah, I'm evil. Mwahahahaha! *clears throat* yes, well let me know what you think of this development and now I'm gona go work on 'Kesshite Doriimingu' cause I have only one chapter and have been neglecting it! Thanks to everyone who reviewed and thankyou to 'Kagome of Winter Dances' who put me on her favorite list *smiles* and reviewed each of my chapters! Not that I don't appreciate all of you the same, Kagome just happened to be my most recent reviewer......

Sorry again for delays ~.~

Peace and Ja ne,

~SNOW