InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kismet ❯ Sengoku Jidai and the dog eared youkai Inuyasha ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and if I did I'd probably be to busy celebrating to write this fic! ^^

A/N: ~throws gum drops in the air for no reason~ Wee ~suddenly realizes that they have fallen behind the computer and she is sad~ fuu ^^ Um, POV is point of view. I use that in here.

~ ~ ~ ending of one person POV, going back to neutral

"Kismet"

Chapter three

Sengoku Jidai and the dog eared youkai Inuyasha

Kagome blinked again. Where in the world was she? The only thing recognizable was the well, but that was really no help, so being at a complete loss, she just stood there for a bit trying to make this understandable. A minute or two passed and Kagome was still fazed, but she finally realized that it was a better idea to go looking for answers instead of just standing by the well. She walked from the opening that surrounded the well into the forest and kept a close watch for anything recognizable while walking deeper in.

* * *

Kagome had passed tree after tree without even a glimmer of civilization, and she'd been walking for hours. The Higurashi's must be really worried by now, Kagome thought sadly. She was really begging to regret jumping in that well; The reason she had jumped in the first place was stupid enough, but in some twist of fate her intentions were obliterated and though she was alive, it had gotten her into this mess and was probably causing problems back at the Higurashi's home.

Kagome perked up. She couldn't have gotten that far from home, right? Maybe when she found her way out of the forest, she would see someone who knew her, and then everything would be okay. She smiled, but then reality dawned. It wasn't very likely; After walking for hours she was probably miles from home, and if that was so, when she did find someone and couldn't speak, how could she tell them where she lived, or that she was even lost?

Kagome sighed turning her head to the side for a change; And then she saw it. In between the foliage a red and white blur dashed across the ground. Kagome became totally alert. It was a person! There was someone else in the woods! Kagome's heart rased as she followed the figures direction with her eyes and then took off. It was incredibly fast; Kagome ran as hard as she could and just barely kept up with it. Eventually, but not too soon for Kagome, the figure led them both out to a clearing.

Kagome was getting tiered of running and as soon as she reached the clearing, she looked up ahead of the person to see if there was a clue to where it was going. Her heart jumped. It was heading right for the edge of a cliff! What was it doing?! Looking frantically for an answer Kagome saw that across from the cliff there was another ledge. Was it trying to jump across? But it had to be idlest a two-hundred yard stretch! (a/n: wow she's really good at math for a 6 year old ^^) Kagome didn't know what to do, so she did the only thing that came to mind; She yelled.

"STOP!!"

Kagome's eyes went wide. Did she just say stop? She hadn't said another word besides her name in over two months! What made her suddenly speak now?

* * *

Inuyasha POV

Inuyasha came to a sudden halt. Someone had just yelled 'stop'; Were they talking to him? No, they couldn't be. Why would they anyway? But then again there's no one else here either. Inuyasha spun around to the direction of the voice and stopped. It was a girl. What was a little girl doing in the middle of his forest? And further more, alone!? Whoever she was he was going to find out why she had stopped him in the middle of his chase.

~ ~ ~

Kagome regained herself in time to see the boy turn around. It as now apparent that he was a boy; A strange looking boy, but nevertheless. He looked to be maybe a year or two older than she and wore a red haori and hakama. He was completely normal looking until you looked on his head: He had long silver hair and instead of regular human ears, on top of his head were two quite soft looking, white dog ears. Kagome found herself staring at the two ears and had the sudden desire to feel them, but she pushed it away when she realized that the boy was coming closer.

The boy walked right up to her with a scowl, and she had to look up a bit since he was almost a head taller than her. The boy glared at her before he spoke. "You. Were you the one to yell 'stop'?" he asked, but it was more of a demand. Still taken aback from the sudden contact Kagome could only nod as if she were still dumb. The boy glared even harder. "Why?" Kagome looked surprised. Was he serious? He looked pretty intent on getting an answer and though Kagome thought it was pretty obvious and a stupid question, she humored him. "Y-you were about to jump over the cliff." she said surprised by the sound of her own voice.

Inuyasha arched an eyebrow. "So?" Kagome became visibly shocked by this comment and for some reason felt angry. "So?! You could have died! No one could make it across that ledge!" she yelled. Inuyasha looked insulted. "Feh, maybe for a human." he stated folding his arms. Kagome rolled this over in her mind before speaking again. "But aren't you human?" the question was simple and sincere but brought an outraged reaction.

Inuyasha stared hard at her. "Do I look human!?" he yelled. Kagome stepped back a little but then answered him simply. "Yes." At this Inuyasha looked incredibly shocked and didn't speak for a moment, but only a moment. He then pointed up to his ears. "And this doesn't appear strange to you?" he asked expecting that she had somehow not noticed them and would soon run. She looked at his ears casually and smiled before looking back to his face to answer. "Not that strange."

Inuyasha POV

Inuyasha was at a loss. Maybe it was because she was young, but this girl was and damnably naïve. Was it because he was a hanyou that she wasn't afraid, or did she really not know enough to be scared? She sure seemed fearless though; Most people ran when they noticed his ears, and come to think of it, this was the first time he'd had a conversation in a long time.

~ ~ ~

Inuyasha was lost in his thoughts when Kagome asked another question. "Are you a youkai?"

Kagome POV

I asked him if he was a youkai. I had heard stories about youkai and some say that they still exist but hide their true form. He did seem quite insulted when I thought he was a human. I wonder, should I be afraid?

Inuyasha POV

I thought about this new question. She didn't seem to be sure about youkai's when she asked, so what would be the point of explaining a hanyou to her? I smirked and answered, "Yes." maybe now she would run away. But I was corrected again when she just stood there and said, "Oh." like it was the most casual thing. This girl was really weird, and I don't have time to hang around here forever. I turned my head up and walked the other way.

~ ~ ~

Kagome watched as he started to walk away. She considered this a moment; He was the first person she'd seen in hours, and even if he was a youkai he didn't seem like he was about to kill her, so she followed him

Inuyasha noticed she was following but didn't turn back just yet and waited to see if maybe she would go away on her own, but as an hour passed she still didn't leave. 'Doesn't she have a home?' he thought. Eventually he got fed up and spun around to face her. "Hey you! Why are you following me?" he shouted.

Kagome seemed to think about this for a moment and then gave a sheepish grin. "Well actually, I'm lost." *sweatdrop* "Lost?! Well then why are you following me?!" he demanded and Kagome stepped back a little. "Um, because you're the only one I've seen all day, and for a while you didn't seem to mind." she answered softly, now becoming more cautious. Inuyasha huffed. "Well I do mind, and doesn't it occur to you that I'm a youkai! Youkai are dangerous! You should be dead by now!!" he bellowed.

Kagome looked surprised and very quietly made her comment. "But, I thought you were a nice youkai," she said hesitantly. Inuyasha's face suddenly became mean as he yelled at her again. "There are no Nice youkai! We're all horrible, bloodthirsty killers! And I should kill you right now for even being near me!!" That had done it. Kagome had stepped back and was now sitting on the floor; Her eyes were beginning to tear up and she was trembling in fear when the tears finally broke through.

Inuyasha hovered over her trembling body. This was how people usually reacted to him, but now that he actually enforced it, it seemed so very wrong. Inuyasha felt a sharp pang when he looked into her eyes; They were full of fear and pain. He didn't understand what had caused the pain but he did know that right now he was making her cry. She continued to tremble and sob in that spot while he backed away. His eyes were kinder now when he looked apologetically into hers. "I'm sorry." he said simply and then turned and ran.

* * *

Kagome stayed glued to her spot as the boy walked away. She wiped away her tears but a few still fell. This youkai was so very different than what she'd been told; He proclaimed that he was going to kill her, and then suddenly stopped and apologized before he ran. Not only was she confused but once again she was alone, and it was beginning to get dark. Kagome shivered and then she heard a low and icy voice. "Ah, a little girl all alone iss it?" Kagome flipped her head around but no one was there. Then he heard it again. "Mm, you look quite tassty.' It said joyfully. Kagome's breath quickened as she turned around again, and this time the creature emerged.

From out of the bushes a large snake arose to tower above her. Kagome gasped. "Ah, do not fear little one. I will make thiss quick, and you will not feel a thing." Kagome backed away as the snake came closer, and as it beared it's fangs she let out a blood curdling scream.

* * *

Inuyasha was almost a mile away from where he had come when his sensitive ears perked up. It was a scream. Someone had screamed, but when he thought a moment he realized that it had been the girl. He stopped and heard it again. Should he go back? She was just a human after all and he didn't care about her, did he? The silence that followed the second scream frightened him and he knew he had to do something as he sped off in the direction he came.

* * *

Kagome breathed small breaths as the snake youkai wrapped itself around her and covered her mouth leaving her nose the only place left to breath. The snake squeezed tighter and then covered her nose so she no longer had any place to breath. Was this the end? right before she could black out Kagome suddenly felt herself drop. She hit the ground and her vision swam a tad before it came into focus. She couldn't believe it! That boy was back and he was tearing the snake youkai to shreds!

He gritted his teeth and Kagome could see that he had fangs and when he slashed up the youkai his claws were quite aparent. 'I guess this is what he meant' she thought as the youkai flopped over in death and the boy stood catching his breath while blood dripped from his fingers. Kagome watched him carefully as he turned his head.

Inuyasha POV

I turned to face her but she didn't run, and to my surprise she got up slowly and then ran into my arms. My eyes widened as she flung her arms around me and sobbed, and for some reason, I felt compelled to hold her too. After so long a time of being alone, holding someone and being held back was strange, but as she continued to cry I couldn't stand it and whispered hesitantly, "Please don't cry." And she looked up to me still holding my shirt. Her eyes shined with tears, but she didn't look sad. "You saved me." she said in aw. "What's your name?" she asked.

I swallowed because it had been forever since I had been asked that question last, but then I answered. "Inuyasha." and she smiled sweetly and told me hers. "I'm Kagome."

Why she had forgiven me so easily I didn't know, but whatever the reason may be I was glad; Because for the first time since my mother, someone had accepted me for me, and that was something I would never forget.

@ @ @

= D I really like this chapter ^^ Interaction; Yay! Well I'm gona clear a few things up, the reason why Inuyasha has this unique older yet immature way of thinking and speaking is because though he looks 8 he's actually 32 (hanyou's age 4 times slower and youkai's age 10 times) so he has sort of an experience acquired wisdom, but is still immature because of living on his own and keeping the appearance of a child. And not to worry about the ageing and stuff, Inuyasha will look 17 when Kagome's 15 and stuff but I can't tell you how because that would ruin the story! ^^

Also Inu is a hanyou but Kagome doesn't know it yet. Anyways remember more reviews = faster UPDATES!