InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Last time, second chance ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome sighed as she waited in line for the cash register. She tried to remember her mental list of things she needed and whether or not she had gotten them.

Got Milk? *giggle*…got it.

Sausage…yep

Orange juice? Yes

It didn't seem like she was forgetting anything. But hell with her memory being as bad as it was now days…who knew.

She tapped her finger on the shopping cart annoyed. She hated to wait in line. The woman that worked here to tally up the groceries was taking her sweet ass time.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw a flash of red and white. Startled she turned to look.

Kagome blinked as she realized what it was then sighed in sadness. It was just an old man wearing a red jacket. She cursed herself for being so stupid. One would think she would have gotten over him by now.

She blinked again, this time to clear the tears out of her eyes.

How long has it been since she had last seen him…Inuyasha?

The number came easily…16 years.

16 years to many.

The line moved and Kagome took a step forward.

16 years ago she had gone home like normal. 16 years ago the well refused to let her go back. It had been a shock…the well had never let her down before. She had several shards of the jewel still. So that wasn't the problem.

She never did find out what had happened.

Kagome smiled sadly as she remembered back to the night before she had gone home.

(flashback)

The moon was full as she ran out of the small hut she was staying in. Ohh that Inuyasha…that, that, big dog-eared dummy! What was his problem! She stopped just outside of the village; she wasn't far from the well. She should just go home and to hell with that mutt. She sighed…she wanted to, yet she didn't. What was wrong with her?

Inuyasha: Kagome?

Kagome: Oh leave me alone.

She continued to walk away from him without looking back.

She felt the wind swoosh by her and knew before she saw him that he had moved in front of her. So the fact she bumped into him didn't surprise her. The fact that suddenly his arms were wrapping around her did.

Kagome: Nani?

Her cheeks became red as she saw how close his face was to hers. What was the matter with him? Not two seconds ago he had been putting her down…again! And now he was hugging her. What was he on?

She pushed against his chest with her hands however he didn't let her go. In fact he held her tighter. Her blush became an Inferno as she felt her body pressed against hers.

Suddenly become scared she struggled against him.

Kagome: INUYASHA…SI…

His mouth stopped the word halfway out of hers, as it pressed gently to her lips.

For a second she was to stunned to do anything. She just stood there…and let him kiss her.

The kiss deepened, as he pressed harder against her. She hear him make a sound somewhere between a groan and growl. The sound was surprising; she'd never heard such a sound from him.

Kagome's eyes widened and she fought against him. However he was by far stronger and didn't for a second let up. Her mind screamed at her to make him stop. She trembled as she thought perhaps he wouldn't. Was he going to rape her, even after all they had been through? The kiss softened…and he let her mouth go.

She looked up into his eyes anger burning and stopped. His eyes…they looked so beautiful tonight. He waited for her to say the words that would make him stop. Say the words that would slam him down into the ground with a thump. But she didn't say that word. She just stared at him with anger…and something else in her eyes. Inuyasha smiled and lowered his head again. This kiss was shared by the both of them…it wasn't forced.

Kagome wondered what the hell was wrong with her. She could have stopped this. He gave the chance but she couldn't think past how beautiful his eyes were.

Before she knew it a slow burning started from her stomach and slowly spread throughout her body. All thoughts of forcing and rape flew from her mind. What was wrong with her? Almost on their own accord her arms draped themselves around his neck holding him yet closer.

What was she doing? She was kissing Inuyasha. She should be stopping this. This wasn't right. However she couldn't make her body do as her mind said.

Inuyasha whether he realized it or not had opened a floodgate of pent up emotions.

She very much needed this. She needed to feel loved. She wanted Inuyasha's love.

Gently he pulled his head away from hers. He looked down at her with those golden eyes of his and she melted.

Why?

She had to know why.

But she couldn't force the words pasted her throat. She didn't want to know why. She was afraid of what he might say. Was it because she was his lost loves reincarnation?

Was it because he was lonely? Or in some sort of weird demon heat…or could it be…was it because he loved her.

She desperately hoped it was love.

She felt him lower her gently onto the soft grass. They were far enough away from the village to avoid being caught.

Kagome: I love you Inuyasha.

Kagome shook her head and gathered all the strength in her body not to cry.

I haven't thought about that night in a long long time.

She sighed…he never did answer her. In fact he never said a word just showed her his feelings.

She wasn't sure how he felt but her own love for him, let him do things to her that she had never let another man do.

Afterwards…she had left him sleeping in their bed of grass and retreated into the well. She couldn't bare to make herself face him. She dreaded asking him the question that burned a hole in her soul. Did he love her?

And well…she never did get her answer. That was the last time she saw him.

Kyi: Mom…mom…MOM! Hello anyone in there?

Kagome jerked in surprise.

Kagome: Ya?

Kyi: Can I have this?

The boy held up another car magazine…this one was called Mini Trunken' and had a very scantily clad girl on top of a nice car. Kagome narrowed her eyes at the picture.

Kagome: Find one without a sex symbol on it and maybe!

Typical of all teenagers he pouted before turning and finding something else.

Kagome smiled.

At least Inuyasha wasn't totally gone from her life.

Kyi…the product of that one night she had.

Her life's pride and joy.

She watched him for a minute as he rummaged though the magazine rack.

He looked so much like his father it was scary sometimes…and heart wrenching.

He had the same pure white hair…which was cut short at the moment. The same beautiful golden eyes, hell he even had fangs and the razor sharp claws. But thankfully…he had inherited his ears from her. Not that dog-ears weren't cute…but she wouldn't know what to do with the boy in public if he had them.

Not many people gave his weird features much notice…maybe because of the way he dressed. He was what many parents would call a 'punk'. His haircut wasn't just short it was basically shaved except for a fluff of bangs in the front. That he had left alone. He had his nose and ears pierced and even had a mother tattoo on his arm. Kagome rolled her eyes…he still wouldn't tell her who had given him that tattoo. It was sweet and all but he was just to young for body art in her mind. Piercing's ok…piercing grew in but a tattoo was permanent.

The cloths he normally wore were of the grunge style, which meant his pants hung so low his sponge bob square pants boxers showed. (she wasn't even going into the SBSP boxers) At this moment he was wearing a light pink t-shirt that had a pink rabbit, which was pointing a gun to its own head on the front. The words said 'Pink bunny says shot to kill'.

All things considered he look somewhat normal.

So most people didn't even look twice at his to long nails, fangs…or golden eyes.

So what if he could see, hear and smell things his classmates couldn't. So what if he was so much stronger and faster than them it wasn't even funny.

Kagome highly suspected the boy was stronger than even his father. Although it was hard to tell, she never saw him fight. Well…outside of the ring that is and even then he was especially careful not to hurt anyone.

In memory of his lost father Kagome had let the boy take martial arts. He seemed to love to fight as much as Inuyasha and Kagome didn't have the heart not to let him.

She considered that decision a good one, because now at almost 16 years old Kyi had complete control over his strength and speed.

Kagome didn't have to worry that he would lose control and kill someone.

It was finally her turn at the register. Kagome smiled at the register lady…even though she was annoyed at the wait. And had to wait longer as she took her time ringing everything up.

Finally Kagome got her total for the groceries…plus one sex symbol covered magazine.

She rolled her eyes at Kyi's pleas that he really did just read the articles. She spoiled the boy too much.

Kyi shoved his face into the magazine as soon as he was strapped in the car. His mother not the most talkative person in the world didn't say a word as they started towards home.

His eyes strayed over to her silent form. He didn't like being around her when she got into this mood. He loved his mother he really did. But every now and then she started acting weird. She would start sighing and looking so sad. It was as if her heart was slowly breaking. He wasn't the only one that noticed either. Grandma…and Uncle Sota would hear from the family grape line about this mood and make themselves scarce.

It hurt to be around her when she was like this. She even smelled like despair.

It tore at his heart. Mothers weren't supposed to be like this. They were supposed to be over happy, over protective…or even mean as hell.

They weren't meant to be so sad.

Kyi wondered what it was about. He suspected it was about his father. Although he never got the courage up to actually ask her.

Who was his father? Where was he now? Did he even know about him?

Kyi looked at his thumb that was holding the magazine in place. He looked at his claw that was at the moment painted black. Black fingernail polish was in style at school.

Why did he have claws that could cut anything, even metal if he wanted? Why did he have fangs? Why was he so strong and fast?

These questions haunted him at night…yet he never asked.

How could he…he knew if he did she would start to remember that sad memory again and become sad. How could he do that to his mother? The truth was he couldn't…he simply loved her too much.

So the questions remained unanswered…maybe forever.

Kyi tried to picture his father…he assumed he looked like he did. Since he looked nothing like his mother. He tried to imagine a man with golden eyes and white hair…but couldn't. He didn't even know his fathers name.

White hair…what kind of young person had white hair. Everyone at school just assumed he dyed his own. But nope, white was natural to him as could be. He once told his friend that and was laughed at and was called a liar. He didn't talk to anyone after that about his 'differences'.

Kagome: you want to visit Grandma?

Kyi was let the silence drag on a moment before answering.

Kyi: Sure.

So it was decided…like always with little talking and no eye contact.

They never talked…even when he was a small child. He didn't complain or force anything out of his mother. He just continued to read…he knew she loved him. That was enough for now…but someday she would have to tell him.

Kagome parked the car outside their apartment and grabbed a bag.

Without even bothering to tell Kyi they were home (he hadn't looked up from his magazine) Kagome walked up the stair that lead to their apartment ad went inside.

She set the bag on the table and looked around.

(sigh) It was a nice apartment. Clean and spacious, especially since only two people lived here. It was a little run down but nothing to bad.

Kagome walked to the large window/door that lead out to the porch and threw open the curtains. Sun light harsh and bright filled the room.

She was only 33 years old. So why did she feel so old.

Maybe it was because she had a baby. She had only been 17 when he was born.

She had to quit school and instead got her GED. She got a job (college was out of the question now) and was doing well. She made really good money and had been able to support herself and her son in a world that was harsh to single mothers.

Opening the porch door she walked outside.

She smiled down and waved at a guy she knew that lived in the apartment complex.

His name was Fred Owens…he was an American working temporarily in Japan.

He really liked her and had asked for a date several times.

Each time she refused…she hadn't gotten over Inuyasha yet.

How pathetic is that! It's been 16 years and I haven't even gone on one date since then. I really should go to see a doctor or something.

Or maybe…

Kagome's mouth formed a straight hard line. Next time Fred asked her out on a date she would say yes. She couldn't waste her life being lonely because of him…

Besides her son deserved to have a male figure around the house. If she got serious with anyone.

It was time to put the past behind her!

She turned sharply and went back into the house.

Kyi looked up and was surprised to see that they were home. Blinking he undid his seatbelt and opened the door. As soon as he did a familiar scent drifted though the air.

Kyi: Jacky?

He heard a sigh as Jacky came out into the open. He had been hiding from Kyi.

Jacky: You're going to have to tell me how you do that someday.

Kyi gave him a toothy smile and did a complex handshake with his friend.

Of course he was careful with his claws.

Kyi: What's up man?

He looked down sadly. Kyi could smell the anger and fear in his mind.

Jacky: Tamia got into trouble today. Hurt to or so I heard.

Kyi's eyebrows drew together.

Kyi: What do you mean?

Jacky looked around to make sure no one was close. Kyi sighed…he wouldn't have asked if there had been someone.

Jacky: I heard that that gang down town decided to…umm…you know.

His face consorted in hate and anger.

Jacky: They fucken raped her man!

Jacky looked away tears in his eyes. Tamia was his cousin. They were as close as cousins could be without being disgusting. This had to be hard on the guy…Tamia to.

Kyi grinded his teeth together and forced himself not to growl. He tried to stay as normal as possible around even his best friends.

His eyes narrowed dangerously.

That gang had been causing too much trouble lately. This was the final straw.

Kyi: I'll take care of it.

Jacky looked somewhat surprised but nodded. Kyi was known in the underworld to be a sort of peacekeeper. If anyone had problem he could fix it.

Jacky being a 'nicer' and clean guy had heard the rumors but didn't really believe them. He had only gone to Kyi because he was a friend. He had expected him to be angry and maybe curse at the gang. But to actually do something about it.

Jacky: Man…don't do anything stupid.

Kyi smiled again…this time though it wasn't a nice smile. He let the full effect of his eyes and teeth smack Jacky in the face. Jacky blinked and shuddered. Kyi had never looked at him like that.

He believed the rumors now.

Kyi: Down town you say.

Jacky nodded.

Kyi: how about you go to the hospital. I'm sure Tamia would love to see you.

Again Jacky nodded as Kyi turned away…toward down town.

He was actually going to do this. He was actually going to take the gang on?

Suddenly he remembered the terrible smile Kyi had given him…but then again, maybe he should be more afraid for the gang.

Jacky shuddered as he turned and went to his car.

Kyi waited until Jacky was long gone before starting to run. His form blurred as he took off toward down town. For a moment he wondered if should tell him mom where he was going. He decided against it. She always hated when he played the super hero.

But damn it…how could he stand by while people were getting hurt and he could do something about it!

With super human speed he jumped onto the back of a bus and dug his claws in.

He thought over his strategy and what he knew of the gang.

Hmmm the gang was called 'The Blood gang'. He had heard once that they were called that because most thought they were vampires or something.

They had been rather small and harmless until the last few months. Apparently from what he heard the gang had a new leader that wanted to go big time.

Kyi reminded himself to watch where he was going. He almost missed his stop. With ease Kyi jumped off the moving bus onto the busy street. A few people looked surprised but they didn't say anything. The bus hadn't been moving that fast.

So they forgot about it.

Looking around Kyi started to walk. This should be their territory…although not for long now. He keep a look out for young men dressed the same or with the same colors. And judging from their name he would bet money their colors were red.

Kyi sensitive nose picked out a man that was selling cocaine.

He had quite a bit on him.

Walking up to him he leaned against a post so that he was facing away.

The dealer looked at him trying to determine if he was customer.

Kyi: I'm looking the Blood gang. Know anything.

Dealer: You think I must be crazy or have a death wish! I ain't saying anything.

The dealer started to walk away but Kyi grabbed his arm. The man's eyes went wide as Kyi's claws dug in painfully.

Tiny beads of blood swelled at each nail point.

Kyi: You would have a death wish not to tell me.

Kyi tilted his head so that the man could see his eyes. He gulped nervously and winched when Kyi tightened his grip.

Nobody paid any attention to the two men. They merely paid attention to their own business and walked on.

Dealer: Ok Ok man…you know that stripper joint off Old man road? That's their main hang out. They all gather there after dark…to go hunting. Nasty shit kid if I were you I wouldn't get involved.

Kyi laughed softly.

Kyi: And if I were you I would give up dealing and go home.

His eyes flickered to the side discretely.

Kyi: Those two guys in the black truck are cops…and they are waiting for you to make the sale.

The dealer's eyes went wide.

Dealer: How can you tell?

Kyi pointed to his nose and gave him a closed lip smile. No sense in scaring the man with his fangs.

Kyi: I can smell a cop a mile away.

With that Kyi left go of the mans slightly bloodied arm and walked off. The dealer watched him go and shook his head. He was getting to old for this shit. He walked off leaving behind some annoyed policemen that really wanted to arrest him.

An hour later Kyi finally was able to find the stripe club the dealer had been talking about.

The place was small and very out of the way. The type of place that men go to that didn't want others to know what they were doing.

In other words it was a perfect place for a gang to hang out.

The place didn't even card him as he walked in. His nose instantly regretted it.

The place smelled of old blood, smoke, sex and other thing he didn't even want to know about. He ducked his head and sat down in a far and dark corner. A waitress that wasn't wearing a top took his order. She smiled brightly obviously overjoyed when he called her miss with real respect and didn't try to grope her. From what he could see seemed to be the law of the land here.

He ordered just a coke…caffeine free, and she walked off.

Kyi blushed furiously and kept his head down. He wondered how she could walk around like that. But he wouldn't judge…sometimes there was no other choice.

He respected and understood that all to well.

She returned shortly with his drink and made small talk with him. He kept his face either down or solidly on her face.

He studied her closely. She seemed not much older than him. And she obviously didn't like her job here. He could smell her hate as she looked over the other tables.

She was very pretty and from the way she talked intelligent.

Kyi: I hope you don't mind me asking, but what is a girl like you doing here?

Her eyes sparkled in anger a moment before she realized he truly meant it in the best way. She considered a moment…noting that his gaze never once lingered on her breasts.

Kathy: I don't know really.

Kyi could tell she was lying…and that she was afraid. Afraid of what he wasn't sure.

However one thing was clear there was something rotten about this place. Just the fact it smelled of blood told him that someone had probably been killed here.

Kyi: What's your name?

Kathy: My names Kathy.

Kyi: Nice to met you Kathy. My names Kyi.

She looked away from him a slight blush on her cheeks.

Kathy: No ones ever asked my name before. Well not asked and really wanted to know.

Kyi: I really want to help. I can tell you're scared of something.

She looked down startled. She was good at acting. No ones ever been able to sense her fear of this place. She studied him closer.

He looked just like any other young pup that came in here. Some jackass looking for a good time. But there was something different about him. For one thing he was clean and well spoken. He didn't leer at her or try to grab her. He hadn't even asked how much yet.

Who was this kid, what was he doing here?

She saw his nose flare and his eyes suddenly go hard. Surprised she turned around and almost gasped.

It was them!

Kathy cussed and tried to still her suddenly shaking limps. She hoped they had already hunted for the night. She didn't want to become like some of the other girls.

Kathy: Kyi, I can tell you're a good kid. Please leave. There is nothing but trouble here.

Kyi: I know, I plan to take care of it.

Kathy gasped, as he stood up his eyes intent on the group of men. Terrified she grabbed his arm.

Kathy: Don't please! I couldn't bear if they hurt you.

He turned his face toward he and for the first time she saw his eyes. She blinked…she had never seen such beautiful eyes before. Leaning over he gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek and removed her hand from his arm. She blushed and touched the spot were he kissed her. It wasn't meant to be sexual. She could tell that. He had only been trying to comfort her in her fear.

It was the most comforting and nice thing anyone had ever done for her.

She wondered a moment if this was how life was really supposed to be like. Was she supposed to be something more than a sex object?

Was she really worthwhile enough to be called ma'am and be treated with due respect.

She wondered…

Kyi squared his shoulder and walked toward the group. He could smell the blood on them so thus he assumed they were the Blood Gang.

They stopped talk instantly as he approached. Several looked at him with such hate and anger he readied himself for a fight here and now.

He didn't want to fight in this place. It was to crowded and someone innocent might get hurt…like Kathy.

An older man maybe in his mid 20 stood up. He looked at Kyi carefully before he smiled. Kyi smirked as he saw that the guy had had his teeth filed down to make them look like vampire teeth.

Man: Welcome stranger…my name is Lastat leader of the Blood Gang. I like your style very bold. What is your name?

Kyi: Kyi.

Lastat: Well Kyi…will you sit down, have a drink.

Kyi sat down in a chair given to him but refused drink. He crossed his arms and stared at Lastat.

Lastat: Very very brave young one. How old are you 15 maybe 16? This is no place for a pup like yourself.

Kyi didn't bother to answer him. Instead he worked on studying the men around Lastat. There were 8 total. And from smell he could pick out there were probably a few more outside.

Lastat: Well Pup, I was just wondering, as my comrades are no doubt what you want? Not many come to us like this. Do you want to join? I might have a place for a bold one like you.

Kyi raised an eyebrow.

Kyi: Not really…I'm here on business.

Lastat smiled showing his teeth again. He seemed slightly disappointed when Kyi didn't seem the least bit nervous over them.

Lastat: What kind of business.

Kyi: you hurt a friend of mine.

Lastat: And? We hurt lots of people.

Kyi: And I was hoping you would come outside with me to finish this business.

Lastat laughed outright! As did all of his gang around him. Kyi sat and waited it out.

Lastat: you have death wish pup! We are the Blood Gang! No one can hurt us!

Kyi: Do you accept my challenge!

Lastat: Accept? Accept? Of course I don't. but my men will. And when they are done with you we shall all drink your blood.

Kyi: Looking forward to it.

Kyi stood up and before anyone could do anything turned and walked outside.

Lastat's face became as red as the blood he drank.

Lastat: Go teach that PUP a lesson!

Kyi leaned against a lamppost and waited.

It didn't take long for the Blood Gang to come out like ants from a nest.

Kyi kept his head down…until they got closer. He then looked up and smiled.

They stopped in their tracks.

The reason was in the dark with the light above him gave just the right effect to make his eyes glow. But not any glow this was a unnatural glow…to the men in front of him it looked like his eyes were shining red.

He crouched down and snarled deep in his throat…that with his glimming teeth that looked like very real fangs, and his glowing eyes made the Blood Gang think twice.

Lastat: God damn it you chicken shit bastards. GET HIM.

The voice of their leader shook them out of their daze. They attacked.

However so did Kyi…much to their regret.

He slashed his way easily though them. Moving so fast he seemed just a blurr.

One man screamed as his sharp claw racked his face. He fell to the ground blinded by pain and blood.

Within moments the Blood gang minus their leader lay on the ground.

He growled at them.

Kyi: If I ever hear of you hurting any one again I shall come back here and finish this.

Lastat: Hey Kyi!

Kyi looked up and gasped.

Sometime during his fight with the leaders gang. Lastat had seen how badly they were getting defeated and had come up with a plan. He had seen the lovely young lady that Kyi had talked to. He seemed to care about her.

So he had went and got her…and was at the moment holding a knife to her throat.

Kyi: Let her go.

Lastat laughed his eyes flashed crazily.

Lastat: I underestimated you. What are you? Are you a vampire to? Well to bad kid there is room for only one Lastat! I AM THE REAL THING. I AM THE VAMPIRE LASTAT.

Kyi snarled in his throat and wondered if he could reach the madman before he had time to slash her throat.

Suddenly without warning Lastat lowered his and vicious bite into Kathy's neck. She screamed in horror.

Kyi felt something snap.

He literally roared in anger. Which made Lastat's head snap up. His face went white.

Kyi was on him…and his eyes…they were different. They were red…not some glowing trick but really red. The pupil was just a slit in his eyes; his face was consorted in anger and hate.

Lastat screamed as Kyi's fangs and claws ripped him to shreds.

It was over very quickly.

Suddenly Kyi shook his head. He felt dizzy.

What? What happened?

He looked underneath him and cried out. There was the body, or what was left of the body of Lastat. It had been ripped shredded and torn apart.

Kyi looked at himself, he was covered in blood and guts. His claws were bloodied and his mouth had the taste of blood in it.

He looked horrified at Kathy.

What the hell happened?

Kathy stood up totally in shock. She had seen this polite young man defeat the Blood Gang without a scratch. Not only that he had turned into a real monster before her eyes. Not a pretend monster like Lastat…but a real…demon.

She was frightened…until she looked into his eyes and saw his horror at what he had done. He looked so lost suddenly.

Kathy: Kyi…are you all right.

She tried not to flinch when his eyes rested on her. They were still glowing like a cats eyes in the dark. Only they were glowing red.

He looked down at his hand…blood covered hands.

Kyi: I…I'm sorry. I don't know…what happened.

Kathy blinked as she heard the pain in his voice. He was such a nice kid. He didn't deserve this. He was really nice.

She could hear the sirens of the police. Someone must have called them when the fight broke out.

Kathy: Kyi…please go.

She ran to him and hugged him tightly. She even gave him a peck on the cheek, like he had done her.

Kathy: Don't worry about it kid. You saved my life. You saved the lives of a lot of people. Please go before the police get here. It would break me to see you arrested.

Kyi blinked then slowly nodded.

Kathy smiled as he took off with amazing speed down the alleyway behind the joint.

Her neck hurt like hell and she was bleeding…but she was happy. For the first time in a long time happy.

Tomorrow I quite!

Kyi sat on the river's shore just outside of town. He was still covered in blood.

It stank but he couldn't make himself clean it off. He knew that even when the blood washed away the stain on his soul would remain.

What had he done? What had happened?

Nothing like this had ever happened to him. He didn't even remember attacking Lastat.

Despite himself his mind continued to work. He would have to burn these cloths…and he would have to talk to Jacky.

Hopefully he hadn't told anyone about him taking care of the Blood Gang.

Jacky would understand…he was a good friend. He wouldn't rat on him. Or would he?

Kyi shook his head. If he had to he could take off. He could get miles away in no time flat. He could take off to the mountain and disappear.

He sobbed as he thought about his mother. He would tell her what happened. He had to.

Hell maybe she even had an explanation to what happened.

Quietly he stripped off his cloths and walked into the water.

The water around him turned red for a moment before running clean.

He tried to scrub the blood out of his cloths…not that it mattered. He had to destroy them anyway. But he just wanted to be able to look somewhat normal until he got home.

And running around naked was not normal.

Kyi looked down at his claws.

Why do I have claw? Why do I have fangs?

What am I?

Sesshoumaru looked out his window in his high-rise apartment. It was elegantly furbished and was of the best tastes. He watching the rising sun as it splashed the sky with color. Even after all these centuries he still loved a good sunrise. Something flashed in the corner of his eye.

He frowned lightly as he glanced behind him to look at two swords in a glass case. It had been the glass that flashed from the suns rays.

Both the Tetsusaiga and the Tensaiga lay together in the glass.

After 400 years he still couldn't use the bastard. Not that he wanted to anymore.

He tugged on his customer made suit his golden eyes troubled.

Soon it would be time…he simply couldn't put it off anymore.

He had a duty to do. Something he had promised…no swore he would do in return for having the Tetsusaiga for 400 years.

He could still remember it like it was yesterday. It was clear and fresh in his mind.

(flashback)

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow at his brother Inuyasha. Something was different about the pup this time. However he couldn't quiet put his finger on it. He walked stiffly like he was in pain. His skin was white and his eyes sunken. All in all he looked like hell.

Sess: You look horrible. What do you want brother?

Inuyasha looked up and Sesshoumaru knew he was in great pain. There was something wrong with his brother. He sniffed delicately and blinked. Not that he was worried about his brother. But he smelled of sickness…but what kind of sickness could take a Hanyou?

Sesshoumaru stood up and towered over his brother.

Still the prideful brat he did bow or back down. Even though he was obviously barely about to stand.

Sess: What happen?

Inuyasha laughed.

Sess: Well?

He looked away his eyes pained. If Sesshoumaru had a heart it would feel for his brother. However he did nothing…not even change his facial expression.

Inuyasha: I was poisoned.

Sess: Poison?

Sesshoumaru growled this time his face actually turning into a sneer. No one poisoned his family. It was a slap to his face even if he did hate his brother's guts. It looked like he would have to avenge Inuyasha's honor. Damn it…is that why the pup was here. Did the poisonener have the antidote? If Inuyasha died that would be a stain on the family name.

Sess: Who?

Inuyasha: he's dead. I killed him…so don't worry about our honor.

Sess: Well then Inuyasha…I guess that leads us back to the first question. What are you doing here?

Inuyasha looked up into Sesshoumaru's eyes.

Inuyasha: I hate you brother…(cough) you hate me. But I trust you to keep your word. I want you to swear on our father's grave that you will do what I ask.

Sesshoumaru eyed his brother carefully. What could Inuyasha possibly want?
Sesshoumaru: Depends…one what you want, and what I get in return.

Inuyasha: You'll do it…because I will give you Tetsusaiga.

Sesshoumaru actually jerked and blinked at his brother in surprise.

Sess: I'm listening.

Inuyasha: Wait four hundred years…give this to a girl name Higurashi Kagome.

Inuyasha gave Sesshoumaru a small box. Despite being curious as to what could be in it worth giving up the Tetsusaiga, Sesshoumaru's honor forbid opening it.

Inuyasha: AND you must give up Tetsusaiga to her son.

Sesshoumaru growled.

Sess: And why would I give the sword up...especially to a human whelp?

Inuyasha: In four hundred years…I hope you will realize that the sword can no be wielded by you. Father made it for my mother and I…and for my future children.

Sesshoumaru jerked suddenly something hit him…Kagome…he knew that name.

That was the strange woman he traveled with. But what would she be doing in 4 hundred years? No human lived that long…did Inuyasha just suggest she was having his son?

Sess: Very well brother. But I will not say I will give up the sword. If I cannot use it then I will…but if I can…

He trailed off meaningfully.

Inuyasha nodded and handed the sword to his brother. Sesshoumaru was still surprised that he did such a thing willingly.

Suddenly he gasped his face twisting in pain and agony…and fell to the ground.

Sesshoumaru's eyes widened and he took a step back. He knew however that Inuyasha was dead. He had held off long enough to do business and then passed on.

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed. He then signaled for Jaken.

Sess: have my brother buried….with honors.

(end flashback)

Sesshoumaru growled…it has been four hundred years now. And he had even found the girl that Inuyasha hung out with all those years ago. Spies had told him that she was traveling into the past and back. Using of all things a magically well.

Then 16 years ago she came back and never returned. She had a child…and white haired son. And went about her life.

He had stopped spying on her after that. He just kept tabs long enough to know where she was living. And now it was time for Sesshoumaru to honor his brother's memory…and do what he swore all those years ago.

Pressing a button on his stone topped desk he waited for his secretary to answer.

Sec: Yes sire?

Sess: Cancel my appointments…and call the limo. I have something to do. Family business…you may take the rest of the day off.

Sec: Yes sir.

Kagome readied herself for work. Trying not to worry about Kyi. He had gotten home last night very upset looking. He refused to tell her where he went and what had happened.

Well she could wait. If Kyi was in trouble he knew she was here for him. He had already left for school…for once not bitching about early mornings. That was just weird. Something war really bothering him.

Grabbing her purse and cursing about how late it was Kagome opened the door locked it behind her. She ran quickly down the stairs to her car.

Fred: Hey Kagome.

Kagome smiled happily at Fred. His red hair shone in the morning sun.

Fred: Running a little late I see.

Kagome worked the lock on her car smiling.

Kagome: A little, the boss is going to hang me out to dry.

Fred chuckled his freckled face sweet and smiling.

Suddenly he focused on something behind her and whistled. Curious Kagome looked as well. It was a black Limo, very rich looking. You didn't see that every day around here. This was a 'poorer' part of town. Most rich people tended to avoid them afraid they might get robbed or something.

Fred: Someone has some money to waste there don't they.

Kagome nodded.

Kagome: I wonder what they want here?

The driver of the limo got out and walked around to open the door for his client.

A gasp from Kagome made Fred look at her.

Fred: Are you all right Kagome.

Kagome: It can't be…Sesshoumaru.

Fred worried gave her his arm so she wouldn't faint. Her face had become a terrified white. Her hand shook as she looked at Fred with pure terror in her eyes.

Fred: Kagome? You know him.

Sesshoumaru turned toward the couple. He had heard the name he was looking for.

His cold golden eyes rested on Kagome.

Sess: Long time no see. You've grown since you were my brother's wrench.

Kagome couldn't take it anymore. With a scream of terror she fled back up the stairs. Quickly unlocking the door and slamming it shut.

Though all this Sesshoumaru had a look of amusement on his face.

Fred however looked furious.

Fred: Hey you asshole! Get out of here before I call the cops!

Sesshoumaru ignored him as he made his way toward the stairs.

Fred reached out to stop him.

Sesshoumaru snarled and backhanded him. Fred flew though the air and landed against Kagome's car…out cold.

Sess: Stupid human.

Sesshoumaru knocked politely at Kagome's door. She screamed at him to go to hell.

He sighed…and punched the door.

It gave way like a paper plate under his fist.

Sesshoumaru smiled as he eyes once again fell on his brother's mate. Well they weren't mates anymore. Inuyasha had been dead for a long time.

Kagome: Bastard! GET OUT!

Sesshoumaru looked amused.

Sess: I don't take orders from human girls. So…

Sesshoumaru walked around the small apartment mildly interesting at personal item or other nick naks.

He stopped in front of a school picture of her son. She felt a chill down her spine.

Sess: What did you name the boy?

Kagome: None of your fucking business!

Sess: My my…I see you have the foul mouth of my late brother. The boy is my nephew…surely it wouldn't hurt if you told me his name. After all I've waited four hundred years for his birth.

Kagome stiffened…several things ran though her head.

Late brother…Inuyasha dead? Dear god no!

And how did he even know about me…and my son?

Kagome: His name is Kyi.

Sesshoumaru nodded and picked up the picture. He ran a claw over the boys smiling face.

Sess: He has our father's eyes. Inuyasha's face though.

Kagome: What do you want!

Kagome was starting to settle down a little. He hadn't tried to kill her yet. Although why he was here she still wasn't sure.

Sess: Where is the boy? School I suppose.

Kagome only nodded…dear god don't let him be after my son.

Sesshoumaru flicked back his shoulder length hair and stared very hard at Kagome. She shifted uncomfortable. She knew if he decided to kill her…it would be over.

Sesshoumaru: I never understood my brother. Even when he died at my feet.

Kagome's eyes suddenly sparked in fury.

Sess: No…I didn't kill him if that's what you're thinking. He came to me…to ask me to do something for him. He had been poisoned somehow. I never did learn how. He told me in his last breaths to give you something…to give you and his son.

Kagome gasped…had Inuyasha known he would get her pregnant?

How could he know, and how did he know it was a boy?

Sess: I've waited four hundred years to give you this Kagome.

Sesshoumaru reached out his hand…in it a small box.

Scared half to death Kagome took the box.

She stared at it in silence.

Slowly she opened it…and gasped. It was the Shikon No Tama! Complete except for the three jewel shards she had taken with her when she left that last time.

Under the jewel was a note…scribbled in Inuyasha's sloppy hand.

Dear Kagome…

How do I tell you these things…things I've always known but never said.

I wonder sometimes late at night if I had driven you away. Did you hate me for what I did? Did you seal the well or did it simply stop working?

I guess I will never know now.

Kagome I'm dieing…I've been mortally wounded in my last battle. I can only hope this reaches you. Sesshoumaru maybe a girly looking son of a bitch but I trust him to keep his word.

I know about our son. I don't know how…I think it was a dream or something. I know every little detail about him…even down to that ugly mother tattoo he has.

Why in the nine hells did you let him get that!

Tell him for me Kagome that I'm proud. I'm proud to have a son like him. He's brave and strong and loves you.

I love you to.

I never got to tell you that, even though my heart screamed it at me. I guess I was too stubborn or full of pride.

Well being the fix I am now changes a Hanyou.

I willingly say it now.

I love you Kagome. I never meant for this to happen. I wanted to marry you…to raise our son…and live happily with you as long as we lived.

I'm sorry I never got to met him, or hold you in my arms again.

Goodbye Kagome.

Yours now and forever,

Inuyasha.

Kagome blinked back tears. He loved her…he really loved her.

Kagome: If your not going to kill me…leave please.

Sesshoumaru actually gave her a tiny head bow and left.

Sesshoumaru walked to his limo…thinking.

The boy…he looked so much like Inuyasha…but like their father as well.

Sess: Driver…what high schools are around here? What one would a boy that lives here go to?

Driver: Probably…Lakeland sire. That would be my guess.

Sess: Take me there.

The black limo drove away. Leaving behind one unconscious man and a weeping woman.