InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Last time, second chance ❯ chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Normal I despise Author notes and don't write them. However I just wanted ya'll to know that I am new to the world of Inuyasha. I've only see 4 of the anime episodes. I'm trying to learn more but knowledge does take time.

So bare with me if I make any mistakes.

Kyi sat on the floor in the hallway of his school. His arms crossed and head down. If anyone noticed him they didn't say anything. Kyi was known to sulk like this every now and then. Even the teachers were to the point they just sighed and let him do as he pleased. Nothing short of forcibly removing him would get him to move. And the last time they tried that it didn't work…even with four of the largest teachers working together.

The boy had only glared at them until they got the hint.

Behind his closed eyes his thought were whirling madly.

What was he going to do? He killed a man. Ripped him to shreds and worst. The body hadn't even looked like a body anymore. And he didn't remember a thing.

Had this happened before?

Maybe he was a serial killer…slaying innocent people that were in way when it took over. Would it happen again? And if so…who would die next, Grandma, Uncle Sota…mother?

He was a walking time bomb. If it happened once it was bound to happen again.

What was he going to do?

Maybe I should turn myself in. That way they could lock me away…far away from others. I can't hurt people if I'm not around them.

But could he really do that, they gave the chair to people like him. They would see him as a monster; people don't make mince meat out of other people without being a little sick in the head.

Kyi shook as he tried to keep tears out of his eyes. He could sense the people around him. Other students…some looked his way and he could almost read their thoughts.

He had to get a grip. If he broke down here in the hallway people would start asking questions. He didn't know what he would say if they did. It was best to avoid it.

Standing up suddenly Kyi made his way to a more private sulking area.

The boy's bathroom.

He glared at the other occupants in the restroom. They looked at each other and gulped, then they wisely left without words. No one messed with Kyi when he was in this mood. He walked to a sink and turned on the water.

Suddenly and violently he slammed his fist into the glass. It shattered into a million pieces. He growled at his uncut hand. It was another thing that made him different. Any regular person would have been cut. Yet his hands remained uninjured.

He looked at his hands…at his claws.

What am I? Normal people don't have claws. They have fingernails. Normal people don't have white hair, or fangs.

Shaking lightly he cupped his hands under the running water and splashed it to his face. It was cold and shocked his senses a little.

He straightened up and leaned his head back, feeling the water run down his face and neck.

What was he going to do? He couldn't just go on like nothing happened. He had to find out if he was truly a danger. He had to find out if he was a killer.

Kyi gripped the side of the sink, listening to the running water.

His gripped strengthened as uncertainties plagued him.

He blinked in surprise as the sink cracked and broke off under his hands.

Snarling in frustration he turned around…and nearly shrieked!

Before him was a man. A man with long white hair, and golden eyes.

Kyi was sure he never seen him before, and he didn't understand how he got in here without him knowing. No one snuck up of H. Kyi!

The man glanced, his expression bored, at the mirror and the sink. Both were broken and in a lot of pieces.

Sess: I see you have your fathers temper.

Kyi: WHAT?

Kyi took a step back. This man…everything about him seemed wrong. He looked liked Kyi did, but then again he didn't. He…didn't smell right. It was a scent Kyi had never smelled before.

What was going on here?

Kyi: My father?

The man reached out with his clawed hand and took Kyi's chin. He tilted his head to the left and then the right.

Kyi snarled and slapped it away.

Sess: I take it your mother never mentioned me. I am Sesshoumaru, Lord of the Western Lands…and your Uncle.

Kyi: My uncle…

Kyi's voice squeaked in surprise. This white haired man was his uncle?

It then hit him…uncle on his father's side. He had finally found something…well been found by someone that knew something about his father. A million questions ran though the young boys mind. However all he could ask was…

Kyi: What do you mean by Lord of the Western Lands?

Kyi stepped back. He felt uncomfortable in this mans presence. Maybe it was the way he looked at him. The man's face was so bland of expressions that it was unnerving.

Sess: Well I guess the title isn't as important as it used to be. Never mind…I have business with you boy! Please come with me.

Kyi: Fuck off you fag!

Kyi jumped back as far as he could from this weirdo. Instincts, which he had always trusted before, were screaming at him that this man was dangerous.

Sesshoumaru eyebrows drew together lightly.

Sess: None of that. If you won't come with me. Then I shall be forced to invite your mother to my home.

Kyi froze…was this guy threatening his mother. Kyi's lip curled into a sneer.

NO one messed with his mother and walked away from it!

Kyi attacked!

A light smile broke out on Sesshoumaru's face as he dodged then jumped back to avoid Kyi's claws. Then they landed they were both out in the hallway.

Kids and teachers alike blinked in surprise…

Sesshoumaru's eyes sparkled a strange emotion playing in them.

Sess: Bring it on pup! Your father couldn't defeat me, so I have no fear of his offspring. A to human, to weak Hanyou!

Kyi snarled again, it even surprise him by how vicious it sounded. A few people around him gasped and one even screamed. He didn't know what was wrong with him. He never showed his differences in the day…in public.

His eyes started to glow red. This seemed to interest Sesshoumaru a lot.

Sess: Well I spoke to soon. Looks like you have more Youkai in you than I thought.

Kyi attacked again, uncaring that everyone was staring in shock at him.

The white hair man easily dodged Kyi's swipes and blows.

Kyi lunged forward, claws outstretched. Sesshoumaru jumped easily out of the way.

However Kyi couldn't stop himself as it claws racked across the hallway wall.

He heard but paid no attention as every person in the school started to mutter. Even the farthest student away could clearly see the 4 claw marks that dug deeply in the brick wall.

Kyi didn't listen to them. His attention was focused on his Uncle.

Kyi couldn't belief this. He had never encountered a man faster or stronger than him.

It infuriated him!

Kyi: DIE!

Suddenly Kyi felt his punch just stop. He looked up in surprise…Sesshoumaru easily held it in his hand. Kyi gapped as he saw a hint of red in the man's eyes.

Kyi: What are we?

The question seemed to surprise Sesshoumaru. He leaned forward searching for any sign that the pup was lying. Surely he knew his heritage…surely Kagome had at least told him that. All he saw was fear and confusion. He really didn't know…Sesshoumaru felt himself being shocked for the first time in a long time.

Sess: Come…I will tell you.

Sesshoumaru let go of Kyi's hand and turned without another word.

Kyi blinked and rubbed his bruised hand.

Glancing around at his classmates…most who had a shock/terrified look on their faces, he knew that it was over. He would never go to this school again and be somewhat normal. His eyes found and rested on Jacky. Jacky turned white as he met the still red eyes of his friend.

He took a step forward. Everyone backed up totally terrified of him.

Jacky: Jesus Christ man. What the fuck are you?

Kyi: Jacky…its me, Kyi. Just Kyi.

Jacky: I don't know you, you freak!

Kyi stepped back as if struck. He eyes narrowed dangerously.

Kyi: Don't forget JACKY!

Kyi snarled the word and the crowd of students took another step back.

Kyi: Who it was that you went crawling to for help! I protected the honor of you cousin! I did what you were to chicken shit to do!

Jacky paled again and looked away. However he did not take back his words.

Kyi: Fine…I had enough of this shit! I'm gone.

Kyi shouldered his way past several students who near fell over each other to get as far away as possible. However one brave teacher reached out and grabbed him by the arm.

Teacher: No you don't young man! You are not allowed to leave school grounds. We're calling the police and telling them about this little fight you had. You stay right here.

Kyi's hand struck out with the speed of a coiled snake. It wrapped around the much larger teachers neck.

The teacher squeaked in sudden fear, as Kyi bared his teeth. The teacher and those close enough had their first good look at Kyi's white and very sharp looking fangs.

Kyi: Fuck off.

Kyi dropped the teacher, not caring any that the man had several painful scratches on his neck where Kyi had forgotten to be careful with his claws.

Squaring his shoulders Kyi followed his Uncle.

Sesshoumaru waited in the limo for his nephew patiently.

What was wrong with that woman? How could she not tell this boy who was clearly a demon about his heritage? It was the worst torture Sesshoumaru could think off. To live life thinking you were a human. Not knowing why you were different and why certain things happened.

The boy had almost gone Youkai right there in public. Just like his father, no control.

But on the other hand he seemed to have greater potential that Inuyasha. The boy was amazedly strong and fast for his age. At the tender age of 16, which was considered still a pup to a youkai, Kyi was as strong as Inuyasha had been at 30. Yesss, the pup showed great promise.

Sesshoumaru tapped his fingers annoyed. All these years he had wondered about this child. Although he knew about the child and even the exact date of his birth he never learned anything about him. Sesshoumaru knew that Kagome would recognize him and freak out. But it wasn't just that…Sesshoumaru never thought the boy would be worth looking into. He was only 1/4th demon. As he stared out the tinted windows with a bored expression on his face Sesshoumaru wondered yet again why Inuyasha would choose a human mate? It wasn't because of his human blood. Inuyasha had proved himself several times to be worthy enough of a demon lover. It was even worse that his father choosing one. At least then the child (Inuyasha) had been a half breed and demon enough to protect himself.

All these years Sesshoumaru had just assumed Kyi was mostly human. But it looked like genetics had thrown a curve ball at him.

Kyi was very much a demon. But what should he do about it.

There were very few demons now days. In fact Sesshoumaru could name them off the top of his head. Demons had trouble surviving in a time where humans did not fear them.

There might be a few more hiding out, but they were lowly demons. Not of pure blood like him. The boy would be a valuable asset. If properly trained.

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed. He had hated the father…hated Inuyasha to the depths of his soul. But when his brother had willingly handed over the fang. In exchange for that simple request the stupid hanyou had somehow…made Sesshoumaru rethink his opinion. Sesshoumaru couldn't help but feel respect for the mutt…and maybe…if he dared think it. Proud of his half brother? It was after all no little thing he had done. He had traveled quiet far with the poison slowly killing him, to do this last thing.

Its been almost 4 hundred years. These thoughts are childish if I do say so myself.

Time to let by gones be by gones.

I Sesshoumaru don't have an heir…and will likely never if a suitable demoness doesn't show up. Perhaps this boy will do.

If proper trained.

Suddenly the door opened and Kyi slowly sat down across from Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru gave the youth a cool stare.

One thing was certain the pup had no sense of fashion. Then again nether had Inuyasha…that red Komodo had nearly drove him crazy every time he saw it.

Making up his mind quickly…

Sess: We shall discuss this at my home. But first…

He gave Kyi a slightly disgusted glare.

Sess: We must find you something descent to wear. You kids these days…no style.

Kyi opened his mouth then shut it with a snap. He didn't want new cloths, or to spend his uncle's money. He didn't want to be indebted to the man(?).

Kyi's mind thought man but he wasn't sure anymore. But what else could he be? Kyi shook that disturbing thought away. He just didn't want to anger the man that had blocked his punch.

He would go alone with this…for now. Besides judging by the car and his cloths, Sesshoumaru had money to spare.

An hour later Kyi found himself in probably the most elite and fashionable store in Tokyo.

He looked at himself in the mirror. He didn't recognize the boy staring back at him.

He was wearing an Italian suite for kami's sake. It was black with gold trimming that accented his eyes.

He felt like…well he wasn't sure what he felt like. But it wasn't too bad.

Kyi tugged on the sleeve and noticed a tag hanging off the suite. Curious he looked at it, this should be the price tag.

He took on look and paled. How in the hell did one outfit cost so much!

This was worth more than his mother's car! This was crazy!

Blinking his eyes he turned toward his uncle. Sesshoumaru was appraising him critically.

His golden eyes so emotionless sent a chill down Kyi's spine. Damn that guy was creepy as hell!

Sess: I like that color on you. How does it fit?

Kyi: Err…fine just fine. You're not really going to buy this for me…are you?

Sess: Of course it looks good on you.

Kyi: But…

Kyi lifted up his sleeve to show off the price tag.

Sesshoumaru chuckled his eyes dancing with momentary amusement.

Sess: Money is nothing. When you get to be as rich as I am…well…never mind.

Sesshoumaru turned to the woman minding the store.

Sess: We will take this. Also I would like to book an appointment with Chario for some fittings tomorrow.

The woman bowed low.

Clerk: of course Sesshoumaru-sama. We are glad for you business.

Sess: You should be!

The woman left to do as she was told, leaving the two demons alone for a moment.

Kyi turned back toward the mirror, although he kept an eye on his uncle in the mirrors reflection.

Kyi: Why are you doing this?

Sess: You are my nephew, isn't that reason enough.

Kyi: Not fucking likely!

Sesshoumaru frowned lightly.

Sess: You inherited your father's mouth. We will have to work on that.

Kyi played with his cufflinks some more.

Kyi: Did…you know my father well?

Sess: Well enough to have hated him.

Kyi: What?

Sesshoumaru sighed and sat down gracefully in a large leather chair. He crossed his legs and stared at Kyi a moment before continuing.

Sess: This would be so much easier if you mother told you the truth. Your father and I…didn't get along. Actually we were the worst of enemies. I've tried to kill him more times than I care to count, and it was the same with him.

Kyi: then…why don't you try to kill me?

Sess: That was a long time ago. Longer than you can imagine Kyi. Inuyasha is dead. He died with honors…surprisingly. I've had time to think about it. I have no love for my brother, but…I don't hate him anymore.

Kyi: My fathers name was Inuyasha?

Sesshoumaru's eyes widened in shock. Then narrowed…he would have to stop doing that. For this pup to shock him twice in one day was unacceptable.

Sess: Yes…it was. Your mother has been very closed mouthed these past 16 years.

Kyi shrugged but Sesshoumaru could see the tension in his shoulders. To know so little about ones self…it was something Sesshoumaru had trouble imagining.

Kyi: How long?

Sess: Excuse me?

Kyi: You said it's been a long time…I was wondering how long? You…you don't look that old.

Sesshoumaru smiled. Now it was the boy's turn to be shocked.

Sess: You're father died 4 hundred and 46 years ago Kyi.

Kyi turned around and blinked. His expression was one of doubt and confusion.

Kyi: what…how? That's not possible?

Sess: You're mother 16 years ago traveled to the past though a magical well. She went home one day and it the well refused to work. That is how.

Kyi: Well ok that explains her, I guess…but what about you? How can that be?

Kyi wasn't sure if he believed his uncle, but the man(?) didn't look like he was lying. Nor could Kyi sense any falsehood in his voice.

Sess: I am a Youkai…well that's what they called us then. Tongues have changed a little; nowadays we're called Demons. You Kyi are ¼ demon.

Kyi: A demon?

Leaned against the mirror and slide down to the floor. He stared and blinked at his uncle. He took careful note of his white hair, golden eyes, those stripes on his face, claws, and his fangs. He knew what Sesshoumaru was saying. How could he not? Everyone's heard about the legends and myths of the great demons of the past. But…they were just stories. Weren't they?

Sess: don't quite believe me. I can prove it.

Sesshoumaru's eyes suddenly turned a blood red, his pupil's mere slits. Kyi hissed and took a step back.

Then he blinked his eyes returning to normal. He looked around the store with a bored look on his face.

Sess: But not here. Must keep a low profile. After all the world has changed.

Sesshoumaru leaned forward, uncrossing his legs.

Sess: one thing you must remember. We are not immortal. We can die…and humans now are more dangerous than they have ever been. Sure it's easily to kill them one on one…or even 400 to one. But they have dangerous toys. Take the atom bomb for example. I was there when it happened. I barely escaped with my life. And that's only because I sensed it coming, and fled.

Sesshoumaru's eyes grew somewhat sad, although his face stayed the same.

Sess: I lost my tail at Hiroshima.

Kyi: you're tail?

Sesshoumaru's lips curled in a small smile.

Sess: yes back when I had a rather large…and (cough) rather fluffy tail if I do say so myself. I miss it now but perhaps it's for the best. I can blend in with the masses easier.

Kyi shook his head and chuckled. He could almost imagine it…his uncle with a large and soft looking tail trailing behind him. The thought calmed some of Kyi's almost hysteria over what his uncle was telling him.

Kyi: if you don't plan on killing me? Then what do you want?

Sess: Simple to train you and get you ready.

Kyi's eyes narrowed.

Kyi: Ready for what?

Sess: To be my heir.

Kagome stared blacking at the now completed jewel in her hands. It pulsed and shone, casting shadows on the far walls.

What should she do with it? Inuyasha was gone…dead. Not only that from the way Sesshoumaru talked he had been dead quite awhile.

She could wish him back to life.

She shook her head…no she couldn't do that. She had seen in the dead Miko what usually happened. Inuyasha would come back but he would be without a soul.

She couldn't do that to him.

But she couldn't just keep the jewel…could she?

That was stupid…she had to make a wish. If Sesshoumaru was still alive and kicking then it was only common sense that other demons lived. And if they did then they might come for the jewel. She had to make a wish so the Shikon would disappear.

She just didn't know what to wish for.

Oh Inuyasha…why did you have to die? I loved you so much. And now you will never get to see your son. I've always dreamed about that day. The day the well started to work again and I went to you. We would hug and kiss passionately…and then I would show off Kyi proudly. You would be shocked to your core…but in the end love him.

Even be proud of him.

Inuyasha you would be proud. He's such a strong boy. Strong and smart.

Just like you.

Suddenly….Kagome's eyes widened. Inuyasha was dead now…but if she could get the well to work again…or wish herself into the past. Then maybe she could save Inuyasha from whatever poisoned him.

Tears formed and fell from her face.

She could wish for both her and Kyi to go back into the past. Inuyasha would get to meet the boy after all.

Suddenly the door to the apartment opened then slammed shut. Startled Kagome quickly hide the jewel before carefully walking out into the living room.

Kyi: MOM!

Kagome nearly passed out in relief. It was Kyi.

Kagome: Oh Kyi!

Surprising the teenage boy Kagome wrapped him up in a huge hug.

Embarrassed he pulled away.

Kyi looked at the door, which had nearly been ripped off its hinges. Sesshoumaru had told him about that. Told him that Kagome had been slightly disturbed at his presence.

And because of that Kyi decided not to tell her about meeting with his Uncle. Not yet anyway, not until he was sure he could trust him.

Kyi tugged on the hem of his old and slightly dirty shirt. He had left the nice suit with his uncle. He wouldn't have been able to explain it.

Kyi cleared his throat nervously. He had to tell his mom something that would calm her and allow him to leave. Sesshoumaru promised to teach him about being a Youkai and to teach him to fight.

It was an offer he couldn't refuse.

But what would he tell his mother?

Kyi: What happened to the door? You're all right…right?

Kagome laughed nervously.

Kagome: Yes someone tried to break in. No worries the police got him.

Kyi didn't meet his mother's eyes. She was lying to him. Just like she lied about his father. Well she didn't really lie, she just withheld information. But that was just as bad.

Kyi: Good I'm glad your ok. Umm Mom…?

Kagome: yes?

Kyi thought back to the gang leader he had ripped up. Now that he understood sort of what happened and that he could learn to prevent it, he wasn't so scared. Torn up to the very bottom of his soul for allowing something so terrible to happen…yes. But he wasn't scared that it would happen again.

He could use it as an excuse…which it wouldn't really be an excuse. He really was in trouble if Jacky told the police he went to take care of the gang. His mother didn't have to know what really happened, and where he was really going.

Kyi: I'm going to have to disappear for a while.

Kagome gasped. She didn't like the sound of that one bit. She took note of the tension in Kyi's shoulders and body. What had happened?

Kagome: Can you tell me why?

Kyi: No…but I don't want to be here if the police come by. If everything turns out good I'll come back.

Kyi turned and walked to the partially destroyed door.

Kyi: I'll call you and tell you where I am.

With that Kyi disappeared out the door and down the stairs before Kagome could blink.

She didn't even have time to yell at him to stop.

Kagome: Kyi…what is going on?

Kyi ran to where his Uncle's limo waited for him.

Sess: Taken care of business?

Kyi nodded but didn't offer any other information.

After a moment of silence Sesshoumaru spoke again. His voice sounded distant as if suddenly remembering something of great importance.

Sess: We have a problem young one.

Kyi looked up and waited for Sesshoumaru to continue.

Sess: Your mother is going to use the jewel to wish you and herself back to the past. She wants to try and save Inuyasha.

Kyi: That's a problem?

Sess: It is for her. Although I do agree with her idea. However I want just you to go, not her.

Kyi blinked in surprise. Him go into the past and save his father.

Sess: But first I want to train you a little. The past is very dangerous. So tonight I'll have to steal the jewel back.

Kyi: Jewel?

Sess: Yes it's a powerful jewel called the Shikon Jewel. It can give any person power, or one wish. Your father left it to her…and I gave it to her earlier today.

Kyi: Wait a minute…if you knew what she was going to wish for. Why did you give it to her in the first place?

Sesshoumaru smiled slightly. Just enough to cause Kyi discomfort. It was weird. Sesshoumaru's normal face or mask was unnerving in the fact he had no emotion in his face…but he was also pretty creepy when emotions did surface.

Sess: I am remembering things from the past. Until she made her decision I didn't remember it. Time travel is funny that way. We are at the crossroads Nephew; my memories are getting fuzzier as we go along. That decision has set things into motion. Soon I won't remember exactly what happened…until it happens to you in the past.

Kyi nodded although he wasn't sure he understood. Time travel was just something he never though he would have to deal with.

Sess: We shall start your training. It may be awhile before your ready.

Kyi opened his mouth to give a smart-ass resort about his power. Which Sesshoumaru saw coming a mile away. Sometimes this pup was way too much like Inuyasha.

Sess: I could have easily killed you today. The same goes with some demons in the past. We will train until I'm sure you can take on anything they can dish out.

Six months later

Kyi stared at the city from his uncle's penthouse window. It was early morning; the sun was just now starting its accent in the sky. The building below reflected the soft red light making the entire city seem to glow.

He was tense and nervous. Despite his cool and unjittery stance. Today was the day…he was finally ready for his mission. After almost half a year of brutal training under his uncle…and a few of his servants Sesshoumaru was confident enough to let him go.

Kyi felt proud to have finished so soon. Not even his uncle had really expected him to finish his training in under a year. But he had proved them wrong.

Sesshoumaru he knew was proud as well.

Kyi didn't like to think too much about his training, as he said before it had been brutal. He had even died once in a sparring match early on with his uncle. However Sesshoumaru had easily resurrected him with that life-giving sword of his.

Everyday had been a fight to survive, a fight against the pain. Sesshoumaru had clawed, poisoned, stabbed, sliced, impaled, and every other horrible word that described dismemberment to him at least once. But in the end he had flourished under he harsh treatment. He had become stronger, faster and more vicious.

He longer cared if he killed. It was a part of survival. He longer felt guilty about that gang member. It was of the past. Something stupid he did as a pup.

Now he knew what he was and was able to control it.

Kyi closed his eyes and felt the youkai blood running though his veins.

Uncle Sesshoumaru had said that he was more youkai than human. That his demon blood had taken over a long time ago. Kyi accepted that, as he did everything his uncle told him.

Sesshoumaru had taught him to use his transformation into pure demon. Like his father when the demon within overtook him he went into a killing frenzy. Unlike his father he had enough of his mind to use it, and to attack only the enemy.

Still it was still dangerous for him and it was an attack he was to hold for the very last chance. There was always a chance the blood could take him.

Kyi absently rubbed the new mark on his forehead with a clawed finger. He was still getting use to the crescent moon that last week had mysteriously appeared.

Sesshoumaru said that and the stripes that would appear later were proof that he was indeed his uncle's heir.

Kyi shook his head unbelieving. Never in his life did he expect to end up rich…err, more like filthy and disgustingly rich. But not only that he had class and respect.

People didn't look at him like a punk kid anymore, although they did give him weird looks for with his pierced ears and nose.

Kyi sighed…even with all this money he still missed him mom. Of course money did not replace his much-loved mother, but he had been hoping the training and the wealth would distract him. However they did no such thing, he felt an empty hole where his mother had normally filled. He had not seen her since he left six months ago. And although he sent her…a very expensive birthday and mothers day gift. He had not called or written.

Kyi looked at the clock on the wall. It was early.

He wasn't scheduled for the trip until this afternoon. Maybe he should go visit her. Tell her their plans.

He doubted she would trust Sesshoumaru, but that did not matter. He did so she would have to deal with it.

Walking to the desk Kyi pressed a button on a control pad.

Kyi: Miss, tell my Uncle I shall be back in time for our appointment today. I have to go take care of a family affair.

Kyi turned and left the room before she answered.

Getting into his new jaguar, (a 16th birthday present from his uncle) Kyi tried to think of what he would say to his mother. He hoped she didn't hate him. He had been to busy training to call her. He would literally train from the moment he awoke to the point he passed out. He barely had time to eat and take showers.

Kyi also wondered what she would think of his new…err, marks. Would she hate them or would she be proud that he was so important now. He was the heir to the western lands. That wasn't something to snicker at.

Kyi pulled into the familiar parking lot. The darkened windows were rolled up so the kids, a few he recognized from his old school, couldn't tell who was driving such a cool car. The stared with wide eyes. It wasn't often they saw such wealth drive up.

Kyi opened the door and gracefully got out.

He turned toward the kids…he could see Jacky as well. Kyi's face became as impassive as his uncles as he stamped out the pain. He remembered all to well the looks and words Jacky had given him.

His old classmates recognizing him carefully made their way up to him.

His eyes narrowed but he allowed them. He wasn't so cold now that he wouldn't accept an apology. Although there was no way in hell he would ever hang with them again.

Hoiujo: Jesus…Kyi is that you? What are you doing in such a hot ride?

Kyi didn't answer instead he fixed a cold stare onto Jacky.

Jacky fidgeted nervously. The day Kyi left was just a weird memory. Most kids at school didn't even think much about it. They assumed after the surprise that it had been some sort of hoax. In these six months he had been regretting saying those words to Kyi. He was scared and shocked man. What was he supposed to do?

Jacky: Kyi, I know what you want. I'm sorry man. I was an idiot. Its just…Christ you were scary.

Kyi raised an eyebrow. Another gesture learned from his uncle.

Kyi: Are you saying that because you mean it? Or because you see an opportunity in my new status?

He gave them all a hard stare to make sure they understood he was asking them all that question.

They all stared slightly surprised in their old friends new personality. The Kyi they knew had been quite friendly. He never held grudges that they knew of; everyone except the bad guys really liked him. He was never so quiet and reserved like the young man in front of them.

Jacky: How can you say that man. I wouldn't care if you drove in here with a fucking pinto! If I didn't mean what I said I would ask you about how you got this car, and about that fucking tattoo on your forehead. I would ask if you fucking joined a cult or gang!

What little emotion they could see in Kyi's face drained away. His lips formed a straight line as he regarded them.

Kyi: Be careful what you say to me.

All the boys gulped and took a step back at Kyi's cold voice.

Kyi: This mark is my claim to my future inheritance. It is none of your business.

Kyi looked at every one of his old friends faces. Other than Jacky he could sense their greediness. Could literally smell the money hungry stench in their breaths. They didn't care about him. They just wanted what they could get from him.

Sesshoumaru had warned him about that trait in humans. However Jacky seemed truly sorry. Perhaps he would give him another chance. If he proved he earned it.

Kyi: Jacky, I'll call you later to talk about this.

Kyi turned his back on several-surprised teenager. He took a step then turned his head slightly to address them.

Kyi: anyone touches my car and I will rip out his or her throat!

He walked calmly away as if he hadn't just threatened their lives. He was up the stairs out of sight even before his threat sunk into their confused brains.

Each young man backed away…they had no doubts that he would do as he said.

Kyi stood outside his old homes door. He took a deep breath. Truth be told he was a little frightened. Would his mother hate him for these months? Would she understand what he had done?

He gently knocked on the door. His heart raced so that he was sure it would explode out of his chest.

Kagome: Hold on.

Kyi straightened his suite and stood a little straighter. Now was the point of no return.

He heard the door unlock…and the latch unhook.

As the door opened he smiled nervously at his mothers shocked face.

Kyi: Hello mom.

Kagome blinked as she stared at her son. At least she thought it was her son. He looked so grown up in that suite. He looked fitter to and more filled out. He had gotten at least four inches taller, and his shoulders were quiet wide and strong looking.

For a moment he saw in fact not her son, but her own father in the boy. He had her fathers built, instead of the more slender look of his father. He still had the same eyes; although she could see something there she never did before. It was a look she new. It was the look of someone that knew pain and fear. She herself had acquired that look after she fell through the well.

He was wearing to her surprise a very expensive looking suit and she would bet money those diamonds in his nose and ears were real. Where had he gotten the money for this?

Looking up into his face she blinked in surprise. He had a crescent moon? And she could barely make out reddish stripes on the side of his face. They looked just like Sesshoumaru's.

Kagome: Kyi?

She reached up hurt and touched the moon on his forehead. She didn't understand although it was obvious that his uncle had something to do with this.

Kyi: Mother…I'm so sorry.

Kagome: For what?

She looked into his eyes. Why would he be sorry? He had told her he was in trouble and wouldn't be around. His eyes flashed and her mouth almost dropped at what she read in them. What in the world had her son gotten into?

Kagome: Dear Kami…what has happened?

Fear at what her son was doing and what had been happening to him colored her voice. If Sesshoumaru had hurt her son…she let the thought trail off.

Kyi: Can I come in?

Kagome: Of course. This is your home.

Kyi walked past his mother. She noticed the way he studied everything around him. She couldn't help but notice the alert way he walked. As if he would be ready for anything that came his way. He had always been a cautious boy, but never in his own home. Now it looked like he suspected even the air he breathed of attacking him. She had seen that attitude before and it frightened her.

Kyi: I'm sorry I never had a chance to call. Uncle Sesshoumaru had me quite busy.

Once again she saw the pain flash in his eyes. As if he was remembering a bad memory.

Kagome: What has he been doing?

Kyi smiled.

Kyi: Training me.

Kagome blinked; well she hadn't been expecting that answer. She looked at Kyi's new and changed body again. She could believe that.

Kyi touched the moon on his forehead.

Kyi: I'm his heir now mother.

Kagome gasped. Sesshoumaru's heir…but he hated half-breeds? And he hated Kyi's father.

Kyi: I don't have much time mom. I have to get back. But I wanted you to know I love you. And I'm sorry for disappearing for all this time.

Kagome: But where are you going?

Kyi: To save father.

Kagome: WHAT?

Kyi: You may not believe this. But Uncle feels that Inuyasha should have lived. I'm going into the past to try and save him.

Kagome shook her head in disbelieve. This was a trick. Sesshoumaru wanted something. He wasn't the compassionate type. He hated Inuyasha…hated the fact he was a half-breed. He was cool and cruel…evil.

Kagome looked into her son's face and shuddered. His face was so emotionless. It literally looked like he was wearing a mask. It was creepy; he looked to much like Sesshoumaru when he did that.

Kagome: Please stop that.

Kyi: Stop what?

Kagome: Your face…I want to see my boy. Not the thing Sesshoumaru's tried to create.

Kyi felt slightly shocked at her choice of words. He felt a flare of anger at her for suggesting that Sesshoumaru had done anything but good. Kyi was stronger, faster, and smarter than ever. He was ready to save his father because of his Uncle. However the mask covered that up nicely. Slowly he let the mask fall and instead showed his hurt. He had really thought she would like the fact he had learned to control his emotions so carefully. He didn't show anything but what he wanted to. It was the perfect poker face.

Kyi: Mom…I have to go. Uncle expects me to be early.

Kagome: KYI! Don't please! I can't lose you like I did your father!

Kagome launched herself into her son's arms. Her motherly fear overrode everything. She couldn't let her boy do this. It was dangerous. Only something extremely powerful could kill Inuyasha. She couldn't let him face that alone!

Gently he held her…taking comfort in the beating of her heart.

Kyi: Don't worry about me mother. I'm strong now. I'll save father and bring him back with me.

Kagome nodded. She knew that there was no way she could stop him. Somehow she ever felt it was his destiny to do such a thing. She didn't know why…but it seemed right. She suddenly saw how her own mother must have felt. Letting her daughter go into the past to fight demons. She didn't like it either, but she understood her daughter's need.

And Kagome understood her son's need.

Kagome: You be careful. I don't know what I would do…if I lost you to.

Three hours later Kyi stood in front of his uncle. Both of the demons eyes were hard as stone. They knew the dangers that sending the young man back in time could cause. But both were willing to risk it.

Kyi rotated his shoulders, warming his body up for the journey.

He was wearing a black ninja like outfit. It covered him head to toe. Only his eyes and the tips of his figures (and thus claws) showed.

Around his waist was a utility belt full of things he might need. It reminded the young man very much of something batman the American comic book character would wear. It was hidden underneath a light blue sash that wrapped around his waist. The sash was the same color as his marking.

Kyi took a deep breath. Sesshoumaru moved with grace untold as he stared at his nephew.

Sess: It would be best if you kept your identity a secret. Even though in the time I'm sending you, you've already been conceived…it would be for the best I think.

Kyi sharply nodded. He agreed. It would be best.

Sess: If Inuyasha survives this bring him back. That way the past of you and your mother will not change. The spell will allow you to bring back anyone that you wish. I warn you though don't overdo it, bring only those you deem worthy! Also I'm giving you a note to give to my past self. I trust your judgment on this one. I was rather an asshole back then. I might cause more problems than good. It's your choice whether to give it to me.

Kyi: Hai!

Sess: One more thing…here.

Kyi's eyes widened as his uncle handed him the Tetsusaiga and the Tensaiga. His mask, which he tried to hard to maintain in his uncles presence, cracked wide open as he stared in shock. Under his hands he felt the two swords pulsing.

Sess: They will protect you. The seal on Tetsusaiga I told you about has been broken. So you can use it anytime. But Kyi don't use it unless you have to. I'm not sure what will happen with two Tetsusaiga's in one time.

Still in awe Kyi withdrew the blade he had heard so much about. It's mirror like blade reflected the light in the room. Kyi blinked…wasn't the Tesusaiga supposed to look old and rusted in its untransformed shape. Sesshoumaru seeing the confusion in Kyi's eyes spoke.

Sess: I've cleaned it up a bit since Inuyasha last held it.

The portal opened, Sesshoumaru's shoulder length hair whipped around his face as the portal drew in everything around it. The portal didn't look like much. At least to a teenager living in the sci-fi movie age. It was simply a blackness in the middle of the room.

Sesshoumaru nodded to his heir.

With a deep breath to steady his racing heart Kyi sheathed his fathers sword and stepped though it.