InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Latex Blues ❯ Chapter 10

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Part 10

"Kagome! We're home!" Kagome bolted awake at the sound of her mother's voice and the front door slamming.

'What's going on?' she wondered. 'I'm naked….' Then she looked to her right, and saw an equally naked Inuyasha sleeping on his stomach beside her, drooling on her pillow.

'Oh no!' she thought frantically, remembering. 'How long have we been asleep?' Kagome began to violently shake the sleeping hanyou.

"Wake up! Wake up!" she whispered urgently in his ear. Inuyasha came to slowly and groggily.

"Wha? What? I-I-I'm up… Kagome? What's -" was all he had managed to say, when he was hit full in the face with his red haori.

"Quick! Get dressed!" Kagome said hysterically, throwing his clothes at him. "My mom's home!" Inuyasha jumped to his feet, suddenly very awake, and began cursing and fumbling with his hakama. He had managed to dress his bottom half when they heard the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs.

"She's coming! GO! GO!" Kagome cried, thrusting the Tetsaiga and his remaining garments into his arms.

"Where?" he said, bewildered.

"Out the window!" she said as she pulled her sweatshirt back over her head.

"But it's still raining!" he protested.

"Since when do you care?" Kagome pushed him toward the window and quickly flung it.

"I'm not dressed!" he objected, stepping reluctantly onto the windowsill.

"Go home!" she cried urgently. "I'll be back in a few days!" At that moment, there was a light knock on Kagome's bedroom door. Inuyasha hesitated; he seemed unwilling to leave. Out of options and ideas, Kagome pushed him out the window and slammed it shut.

"Come in." she called shakily.

"Hello, honey." her mother said, entering the room. "Is everything alright…?" She stared uncertainly at Kagome's mussed-up hair and disheveled bed.

"Oh, I'm fine, Mama." Kagome said nervously. "I just got tired and decided to take a nap."

"Are you sure?" her mother said gently. "You seem…troubled."

"No, I'm fine, really." Kagome said, plastering a big, phony smile on her face. "I just woke up now as you came in, and I'm still a little… out of it, I guess. That's all."

"Oh. Alright dear." her mother said doubtfully. "Well, I'm going to go start dinner, so I'd like you to come downstairs in a few minutes and set the table."

"Hai, Mama." Kagome said happily, relieved that the conversation was over and nothing had been discovered. Just as she was about to close the door, Mrs. Higurashi turned back to look at her daughter.

"Oh yes, Kagome dear? Your shirt's on backwards."

In the Sengoku Jidai, the rain had stopped. Shippou was out splashing in the large puddles left by the storm, when he saw Inuyasha walking towards him, half-naked and covered in mud, carrying his haori and kimono over one arm, both as filthy as he was.

"What in the world happened to you?" Shippou asked.

"Mind your own damn business!" Inuyasha growled, throwing his clothing at the startled kitsune and stalking off in the direction of the nearest river. Shippou struggled for a moment to free himself from the heavy pile of wet clothing, then followed eagerly after Inuyasha.

"Did you talk to Kagome?" he asked.

"Humph!" Inuyasha replied, stripping down to nothing.

"Bet she's still mad huh? Bet that's why you're covered in mud!" Shippou artfully dodged the rock that was hurled at his head, but decided that maybe it was best to leave Inuyasha alone while he bathed. He hopped off in search of Miroku.

Standing waist deep in the cold, clean water, Inuyasha washed the mud from his body. When they were clean, he brought his fingers to his nose, smelling them thoughfully. Despite the mud and the water, he still smelled Kagome beneath his claws. The heated moments of only a few hours before assaulted his senses, catching his breath in his throat and making him feel lightheaded. His anger at her for pushing him out the window, resulting in his falling headfirst onto the muddy ground below, melted away, leaving only warm feelings and a growing desire to lay with her again. Now was not the time for such thoughts and their physical reactions, however. He could smell Miroku coming, and the last thing he wanted was for that damned monk to catch him in a state of arousal.

"Ahh, Inuyasha!" Miroku called when he arrived a few seconds later, accompanied by Shippou. "I see you have returned. Tell me, how did things go with Kagome-sama."

"Fine, they went fine." he muttered, "She'll be coming back in a few days."

"I don't believe him, Miroku." Shippou said, tugging at the bottom of the monk's robes. "He half dressed and covered in mud when I saw him."

"Really?" Miroku said, sounding intrigued. "How interesting… Care to explain that, Inuyasha?"

"What difference does it make?" Inuyasha said, irritated. "I did what I set out to do, that's all that matters."

"I see." the monk said thoughtfully. "You're right. Still, I have to confess that I'm curious about what it WAS exactly that you set out to do." he said, grinning fiendishly.

"Pervert." Inuyasha grunted, coming out of the water. He walked up the bank to where the houshi and the kitsune stood, then he got down on all fours and shook himself dry, soaking the other two in the process and laughing quietly to himself. He had begun to dress when Shippou spotted something.

"What's that on your neck?" the kit asked, pointing.

"Huh?" Inuyasha said, startled. He reached his hand up, but felt nothing.

"There," Shippou insisted, "It looks like a bruise. Hey Miroku, look at Inuyasha's neck!"

"What- Hey, leave me alone!" Inuyasha protested as the monk placed his hands on his shoulder and moved his hair to one side.

"Don't be foolish, let me see." Miroku said calmly.

"It looks like he got bit by something." Shippou amended, hopping onto Miroku's shoulder to get a closer look at the hanyou's neck.

"Indeed." Miroku said, chuckling to himself. "I take it that you and Kagome-sama have settled your differences?" He expected Inuyasha to get angry or flustered, and ordinarily, that would have been the case. So you can imagine Miroku's surprise when Inuyasha graced him with a small, smug grin.

"Maybe." he said evasively. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

The End (Please?)