InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Laying Down the Law ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey, I wrote this on a whim because I was bored on a Saturday night. I know, I'm a loser, lol. But my inspiration was a mix between Grease and Fast and the Furious, so if you see any similarities that's why. Lemme know what you guys think!

-KOLU Connection

"God fuckin dammit!!"

Kouga Ookami rolled his eyes and exchanged glances with Miroku Houshi, who only shrugged his shoulders. Sesshomaru Taisho seemed not at all disturbed by this outburst and only continued reading the newspaper, pretending as though nothing were amiss. Inuyasha Taisho slammed the metal warehouse sliding door behind himself, letting out another scream of frustration and beginning to decimate a stack of nearby tires with angry fists. His leather "Fangs" jacket caught the warehouse lights, highlighting the gang's jagged red triple claw mark symbol as he lashed out at the walls.

"Stupid cheating bitch!" he hollered madly, punching the wall with such force that it left a dent in the metal.

This only caused Kouga to snort and he glanced over at Miroku, blue eyes twinkling as he said, "I coulda told 'im that."

Miroku muffled a snort of laughter into his hand as he rested his elbow on the beat up couch arm. His own violet eyes displayed his mirth as he nodded hurriedly in Kouga's direction.

Sesshomaru gave a half smile, murmuring under his breath, "Every damn time."

The three shared a secret laugh as they watched Inuyasha continue destroying the warehouse as best he could. Fortunately, they were on the other side of the room and could observe him safely without endangering their lives.

These four teenage boys were the core and life blood of the famed Fangs, territorial owners of Main street to Salter Avenue. Sesshomaru served as the gang's leader, while Kouga took up the role of second command, yet Miroku and Inuyasha had their own responsibilities to worry about. They were in charge of spreading the word to other gang members concerning fights, meetings and whatnot. Mostly, the gang was involved in car boosting and other illigetimate mechanic activity, though they never "stole" persay; The Fangs were above holding up your average Stop and Shop.

As Inuyasha slowed down in his tirade against the innocent warehouse, he began to notice blood dripping down his hands from gashes on his knuckles. Grimacing ruefully, he tried to steady his breathing and shook out his hands stiffly; that's what he got for picking a fight with metal walls and garage equipment.

He walked over towards the others, throwing his jacket onto the couch where Kouga and Miroku sat and grabbing a towel from a container glued to the wall. As he tried to staunch the bleeding on his hands, he addressed the others dully. "Get any calls while I was gone?"

Sesshomaru flipped the page of his newspaper and, without looking up, replied, "Bankotsu needs a tune-up on his Spyder. By tomorrow's race."

Inuyasha just groaned, glaring at his brother's back. "By tomorrow? He runs that thing hard enough that it might take me a few days! God damnit!"

Sesshomaru turned his great white head slightly, amber eyes meeting with Inuyasha's equally mesmerizing ones. "If you can't fix a car with all the equipment in this garage, you don't deserve to be part of the Fangs."

And true enough, the Fang hang-out was quite impressive at that. The warehouse doubled as a sort of living room and garage, complete with car jacks, scores of tools, work tables and car elevators. In the Northwest corner of the place was a group of overstuffed couches, a kitchen type area and a few chairs, where the group was currently sitting. Other gang members stopped by on occassion, in between errands and what not, but for the most part the four boys were by themselves on the weekdays. During the weekends, the gang was together 24/7 trying to piece together parties, shipments, and whatever else they could lay their hands on.

Inuyasha's amber eyes blazed with indignation as he continued wiping at his knuckles, muscular arms stretching the sleeves of his tight fitting black t-shirt. For the most part, the Fangs wore jeans, muscle shirts, and all sorts of leather, mostly of the white, red and black variety. Each hard working member had a black Fangs jacket, for instance, and wore them whenever they went out to represent their gang. Though the police knew the Fangs were up to something illegal, they could never catch them in the act and had to sit idly by, waiting for Sesshomaru to misstep...but he never did and never would; Sesshomaru was just too smooth.

After a moment of silence, Kouga just couldn't help but ask the obvious question. "So...catch Kikyo with her skirt down for someone else?"

Miroku burst out laughing, turning away his head as Inuyasha grew incredibly red in the face. Gritting his teeth angrily, the boy clenched his fists and yelled, "You'll wish you never said that, god damned wolf!"

Kouga, a wolf demon with long black hair and brilliant blue eyes, was the champion motorcylist in the Fangs. He and Sesshomaru had known each other since their childhood and were always at each other's side, thick as thieves and trusting of no one but each other. Kouga was often at odds with Inuyasha, though the two were friends as well, and he enjoyed poking fun at his best friend's little brother. Inuyasha was easily riled, after all.

"Catch me if you can, ass head!" Kouga called, standing up from the couch and hopping teasingly from foot to foot.

Inuyasha lunged in the wolf's direction, reaching out to punch, but found himself hitting nothing but air. Kouga was already several feet away, grinning madly and making faces in Inuyasha's direction. Before Inuyasha could chase after him, Miroku had stood and put a pacifying arm on his shoulder. "Yash, just let it go."

Miroku Houshi was the resident peace maker, host to honest violet eyes and a short brown ponytail. He was famous for his conversation abilities and was always an asset at negotiation meetings. His only downfall lay in his hands; the boy was a helpless pervert. No matter where he went, Miroku couldn't help terrorizing some poor girl and he often ended up with a bright red hand print on his cheek, a reward for a copped feel. He and Inuyasha were best friends, fiercely loyal to one another, and consultants about everything from girls to family.

Seeing the look in his best friend's eyes, Inuyasha gave a heavy sigh and practically fell back against the couch, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "Kikyo's been cheating on me," he finally said.

"I know," Miroku replied dryly, letting his thoughts drift to Kikyo Wattanabe, member of the Wildcats, the all-girl half of the Fangs. She wasn't mean or judgemental, like some uppity cheerleaders tended to be, but she had a weakness for sex. Truthfully, Kikyo was a sleeparound and...well, a whore. A heart-breakingly nice whore.

"I really thought she was the one, man," Inuyasha all but moaned, thinking back to Kikyo's smile, her scent, her beautiful skin.

"Did you catch her in the act?" Miroku asked.

Inuyasha snorted. "I was ten minutes early to pick her up and I caught her giving some Tarantula punk a blow job."

The others let out hisses of disapproval, wincing at the thought of catching their girlfriend doing that, of all things. Sesshomaru said coldly, "If she would go behind your back with a Tarantula, then she's no girlfriend of yours." He seemed fit to be tied and he turned away from his friends, afraid he'd take out his vicious anger on them. It was an insult to the Fangs that Kikyo would cheat on Inuyasha with a Tarantula and it was absolutely unacceptable; Sesshomaru would put a stop to this once and for all.

The Tarantulas were a rival gang, lead by the masochistic Naraku Onigumo. They were reknowned for illegal activities such as stealing, embezzlement and even murder. While the Fang's preferred to keep their illegitimate business to boosting cars, the Tarantulas had no reservations about shooting down their enemies. Unlike the Fangs, Tarantula members were often given jail time, with little or no chance for perole. The only reason the police couldn't grab Naraku was simple: they could never connect the members with the gang. When asked if they belonged to any sort of gang, the arrested parties would always respond no and could never be persuaded to confess. Along with drug trafficking and gang banging, the Tarantulas proved to be far more violent and hostile than the Fangs.

Naraku and Sesshomaru were enemies from way back and couldn't stand the other under any sort of conditions. Territory meetings and negotiation sessions were always stiff and angry when the Fangs and Tarantulas were involved, though the other gangs tried to keep them under control.

"Yeah, yeah," Inuyasha replied sulkily, obviously still put out over Kikyo's unfaithfulness.

Sesshomaru excused himself to make a phone call, leaving the other boys to their own devices for a while. Kouga and Miroku exchanged glances for the umpteenth time, silently wondering who their leader was calling. They knew it had to do with the recent events surrounding Kikyo, but they weren't sure what would be done. Sesshomaru returned in due time, pocketing his cell phone and returning to his newspaper. Though he appeared to be reading it, his eyes never moved; he had too much to think about.

After a moment, Sesshomaru said, "The girls are coming over in ten minutes."

Miroku smiled a frighteningly innocent smile while Kouga sighed, smoothing the top of his hair in a nervous way. Inuyasha just snorted and laid out across the couch, deciding to nap away his troubles; the last thing he needed was to watch his brother being mushy with Rin, his long standing girlfriend. That would just rub the fact that he was currently single and looking for love.

*!*!*!*

Rin Takeyama pursed her lips in frustration and shifted her wait from hip to hip; her cousin's plane was late. Rin was quite beautiful, small but striking with her long black hair and big brown eyes. She wore a pair of black leather pants and a pink tank top, over which was her white leather "Wildcats" jacket. For years now, the Wildcats and Fangs had been in allegiance, an all girl and all boy gang allied for protection and insurance against other groups. Rin adjusted her large sunglasses as a voice came out across the airport intercom, announcing the landing of Flight 19.

Passengers began to pour out from the air bridge opening, embracing family members and shaking hands with business associates. Finally, a girl of about 17 came out from the tunnel, glancing around the airport with wide brown eyes. She had pale, but beautiful skin, framed by silky brown locks and a pair of pouty pink lips. She was tall and well built, holding herself with the confidence of someone unaffected by challenge. She was Kagome Higurashi, Rin's favorite cousin.

Rin let out a squeal and rushed forward, gathering a surprised Kagome in a hug. Kagome let out a similar sound and they jumped around excitedly for a moment before Rin stepped back to get a look at her cousin.

"Wow, you grew boobs Kags!" the small girl exclaimed.

Kagome blushed crimson, rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment. "Hehe, yeah, whadya know."

The two girls caught up with each other as they walked across the terminal, picking up Kagome's baggage from the carousel.

As Kagome picked up her fourth back from the conveyor belt, Rin asked breathlessly, "How many bags did you bring?!"

Her cousin only rolled her eyes plantively, replying, "Six. I will be staying with you for a year and a half, Rin."

And it was true. Kagome's parents didn't approve of the education Kagome was receiving in her home town of Kyoto. After speaking with Rin's mother and hearing of the outstanding academic standards in Tokyo, the Higurashis decided that it was best to send Kagome to live with her cousin for her senior year. Perhaps after receiving a good education in Tokyo and taking her standardized tests there, she could get into a better college. Of course, Kagome's parents knew nothing of what their daughter would encounter in her new town.

The two girls struggled their way out to Rin's silver Mercedes convertible, loading everything in the trunk and backseat. They pulled out onto the highway before Rin said lightly, "Hope you don't mind, but we've got somewhere to go on our way home."

"Oh? Where?" Kagome asked, never removing her eyes from the passing landscape; she was fascinated by the bustling Tokyo fervor.

Smiling almost nervously, Rin replied, "Um...before I tell you where we're going, I'm going to have to tell you a few things about...well, life here."

Kagome furrowed her brow before turning back to face her cousin. "Uh...okay?"

"See," Rin began almost unsurely, "In our part of town, there's a lot of gang activity. Looting, racing, that sort of thing. Nothing too dangerous," Rin lied hurriedly, after seeing Kagome's horrified face, "but it's there. And it's not like I do anything...illegal necessarily. But...I'm part of a gang called the Wildcats."

Kagome's eyebrows disappeared into her hair as she exclaimed fiercely, "Part of a gang? Rin, I'm surprised at you! What would make you do such a thing? Do you know what kind of trouble that could get you in? You could get arrested, it could be put on your permanent record an-"

"Kagome, take a god damn chill pill!" Rin broke in shrilly. Kagome shut her mouth abruptly, silenced by her cousin's language, but Rin continued unfettered. "It isn't like I kill people or steal shit or something. I'm just part of a group of girls who hang out with a group of guys who protect us from other gangs. We hang out together and protect each other. Think of it as a family of really close friends. When there's really dangerous gangs running around, you do what you gotta do to survive. You feel me?"

After a moment, Kagome nodded slowly, saying, "I guess. You don't do anything illegal? Promise?"

Laughing a little at her cousin's hesitance, Rin replied, "Besides smoke a cigarette every now and then? No, I'm pretty good as far as girls at Sarisoga go. But I had to let you know that stuff before I told you where we were going. We're gonna stop by Fang headquarters to talk with them about a little sumpin' sumpin."

"Fang headquarters? What?" Kagome asked confusedly.

Rin sighed and flipped on her blinker, exiting the highway towards the warehouse district. "That's another thing I gotta tell ya. You know how I've mentioned my boyfriend Sesshomaru a few times?" When Kagomed nodded slowly, Rin continued. "See, he's the leader of the guy gang we, the Wildcats, are allied with. They're called the Fangs and...well, they protect us." Rin decided it was best just to leave it at that.

"This is a lot to take in, Rin," Kagome sort of laughed. "But I gotta admit, my interest is peaked. I've always wondered what gang life would be like, you know? Ever since I saw that musical Grease."

Rin gave a sigh, shaking her head. "I can tell ya right now, girlie, Grease ain't got nothin' on us. The only thing we got in common are the jackets."

As her cousin talked, Kagome began to notice her increasingly bad grammar. It seemed that, as Rin became more comfortable with her cousin after three years apart, she allowed her true self to shine through the bouncing facade. Rin was obviously harder and stronger since the last time they'd met.

The girls drove through rows and rows of warehouses before Rin turned left and came to stop in front of a particularly ominous silver building. She killed the engine and stepped out of the car, watching as Kagome did the same and stretched her long limbs in the hot summer sun.

Rin peered at her cousin over her sunglasses, asking after a moment, "You got anything else to change into?"

Kagome replied confusedly, "No, not unless I open my luggage, why?"

Turning away from her cousin's ensemble of capris, a white singlet and a pair of prissy sequined flip flops, Rin replied dryly, "Never mind. Let's just go."

Right before the two girls reached the door, an old Mustang came pulling up in front of the building, parking on the gravel road. Two girls stepped out of the vehicle, waving as Rin hailed them with a wave of her own. The driver was tall and slender, long brown hair pulled up in a high ponytail. She wore the white Wildcats jacket over a black singlet with a pair of tailored white leather pants, looking well put together and formidable as she peered at the warehouse through her sunglasses. The other girl had long red hair, falling in loose curls down her back and laying over the Wildcat symbol on her jacket. She wore a black leather skirt and plain red tank top, green eyes sparkling as she observed the Fang hangout; she couldn't wait to get inside.

As the girls approached, Rin said casually to Kagome, "That's Sango Tajiya and Ayame Saitou. Ayame's my second in command."

Jerking her head in Rin's direction, Kagome asked through gritted teeth, "Second in command? Meaning your the leader?!"

Rin blushed a little at her faux pah, forgetting that she hadn't shared this detail with her cousin. Quickly turning her attention to her nails, Rin laughed nervously, "Hehe, how about that?"

Sango and Ayame stopped in front of Rin and Kagome, smiling at their leader before turning their attention to her cousin. "Who's this?" Sango asked shortly, looking the girl up and down.

While Kagome blushed under Sango's scrutiny, Rin replied, "My cousin Kagome Higurashi, she'll be staying with me for senior year."

Ayame introduced herself politely, shaking hands with Kagome and living the girl massagin her palm. After a while, Kagome lowered her eyebrows and barked at Sango, "Hey, do you mind? Stop checking me out!"

Rin was surprised my her cousin's ferocity, since she'd appeared to be innocent, sweet and naive. Sango, who had paused in her obervation, just smiled faintly. "I like her attitude." After a brief moment, however, Sango furrowed her brow and asked, "Where's Kikyo?"

At this name, Rin's face darkened drastically and she murmured, "She won't be attending this meeting. C'mon, we're late as it is."

Rin began walking purposefully towards the building, leaving Sango and Ayame to exchange confused glances. Kagome just stood awkwardly by, hurrying after the others when they began to follow Rin. Without bothering to knock, Rin grabbed the door handle and yanked viciously to the left, rolling the door open with a loud, echoing boom. Kagome blinked as the distinctive smell of auto grease entered her nostrils and she tentatively entered the warehouse, observing all the cars, mechanic equipment, and general work chaos. The other girls made their way through the many car elevators and walked towards the Northwest corner, where several couches and tables were located. After seeing three boys, Kagome immediately put on her tough girl face; she was never one to give men the upper hand, a women's rights activist if you will.

Sesshomaru stood upon seeing his beautiful Rin strutting towards him. "Hey baby," he said, kissing her briefly on the lips. He smiled lovingly down at her and she returned his smile, staring deep into his amber eyes. Sesshomaru wrapped his arms loosely around her waist before adopting a business like tone. "Did you tell them yet?"

Seeing her boyfriend's gaze drift to Ayame and Sango, Rin replied, "No, didn't have time. I brought someone you should meet."

Rin broke away from Sesshomaru and beckoned to Kagome, who walked confidently forward; she wouldn't let her nervousness show in front of boys. "This is my cousin Kagome, she'll be staying with me for senior year. I told her about our little alliance and she's cool with it. Say hello, Kags."

"Hello," Kagome said strongly, meeting eyes briefly with each boy.

Kouga and Miroku, who had been watching this interraction from the kitchen table, exchanged glances; this girl was hot and feisty, just the way they liked them. They wouldn't go after her of course, seeing as though both boys had eyes for only two girls. These girls happened to be standing behind Kagome, arms crossed and knees popped; when in the face of the Fangs, the Wildcats were sure to display their attitude.

"Now that introductions are over with, down to business," Rin announced. After a moment, she furrowed her brow and asked curiously, "Where's Yash?"

"Right here," came a voice from the couch.

Inuyasha stood up, stretching his lithe limbs and rolling his shoulders, observing Kagome all the while. She was surprised to see a fourth boy and was obviously caught off guard by his good looks, which were quite striking to say the least. Tan from days in the sun, strong from heavy lifting and still soft in the face from natural beauty, Inuyasha was enough to make any girl drool. Yet Kagome refused to turn into goo over a pair of pretty amber eyes. She said nothing, only watching Inuyasha in return.

"So nice of you to wake up and say hello, "Ayame said sarcastically, placing her sunglasses atop her head and observing Inuyasha with critical green eyes.

"No problem," came Inuyasha's insolent reply as he scratched himself and shuffled towards the refrigerator to grab a beer.

Rin rolled her eyes and reitterated, "Right, business." She turned to Sesshomaru and asked sternly, "Do you swear by what you told me on the phone?"

"Every last word," Sesshomaru replied disappointedly, shaking his head slowly and trying to contain his righteous fury; the idea that anyone would cheat on his brother with a Tarantula angered him to the point of homicide.

"Alright," Rin sighed sadly, turning to her fellow Wildcats and saying, "Kikyo cheated on Inuyasha with a Tarantula. You know what we've gotta do."

Ayame and Sango gasped, exchanging glances before beginning to protest. Rin held up her hand and said fiercely, "We live by the rules and so should she. She broke them and now she has to pay the price. Are you gonna argue with that?"

Stepping up to address her best friend, Ayame said boldly, "Kikyo's like a sister to us. You can't kick her out just like that!"

"Yeah!" Sango agreed, stepping forward to stand with Ayame.

The air in the warehouse was thick and uncomfortable as Rin stared her gang members down. Finally she said in barely a whisper, "She's a betrayer. Not only did she betray a Fang, she betrayed him for a Tarantula. Next, she could betray you Ayame, and then you Sango!" She pointed her finger at each girl in turn.

While Ayame sighed in defeat, shaking her head and agreeing with her leader, Sango argued back, "She's my best friend, she can't betray me!"

"She can and will!" Rin yelled hotly.

The Fangs just watched, knowing this was a power struggle between Rin and her gang members; they were not to interfere. Kagome felt very awkward and out of place as the girls argued, seeing as though she were part of neither group in this instance and didn't know Kikyo.

Finally, Sango gave a sigh and glanced up at Rin, brown eyes clashing with brown. "Alright. She's out."

Rin nodded curtly, inwardly proud of Sango for siding with the Wildcats. "Good. I'll tell her tonight."

"You'll be at the race tomorrow, am I right?" Sesshomaru asked Rin, snaking his arms around her waist once more.

Nodding, happy to finally be done with the dramatic business, Rin smiled and leaned in for a rather passionate kiss with her boyfriend. The others turned away, wanting to give the two privacy while simultaneously grossed out by the rather provocative PDA.

Inuyasha took a swig of his beer and gestured to Kagome. "Kagome, right?"

Cocking an eyebrow, Kagome replied saucily, "Last time I checked."

"Don't have to get bitchy with me," Inuyasha said in an irritated voice, downing the last of his beer.

Kagome crossed her arms haughtily. "I wasn't getting bitchy. Maybe your just sensetive."

"Oh, you hit me where it hurts princess," Inuyasha moaned, placing a hand of his wounded heart with a mocking air.

"Princess?!" Kagome asked angrily, obviously not a fan of Inuyasha's pet name.

Inuyasha blinked. "What, you like somethin' else? Darling? Sweetcheeks? Babycakes?"

"ARGH! None of the above, you bastard!" Kagome all but yelled, fists clenched at her sides.

By this time, Ayame and Sango had wandered over to the couch which Inuyasha had recently vacated and were talking in hushed tones about the Kikyo incident. Kouga turned discreetly to Miroku and said, "This is my chance. I'm gonna go ask Ayame out. I swear she'll say yes."

Miroku laughed a little. "When pigs fly, man, when pigs fly."

Growling, Kouga punched Miroku in the shoulder before standing to his feet, walking from the kitchen towards the couch. He stood in front of the girls for a moment before Sango glanced up and noticed he was there. She poked Ayame and jerked her head in Kouga's direction, leaving Ayame to regard Kouga with a wide smile. "Hey, Ko."

Smiling in return, Kouga placed a hand lazily in his pocket. "Hey, Aya. Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Exchanging a quick but hopeful glance with Sango, Ayame replied, "Sure."

The two stood up and walked over to the side, leaving Sango alone on the couch to think about her own problems. Now that Kikyo was being kicked out of the Wildcats, Kikyo would most likely reject her best friend; that was just the type of girl she was. Kikyo was loyal to no one and easily offended, no matter how nice she was. Even nice people couldn't take betrayal. Before Sango could get too deep in her thoughts, Miroku sat down beside her.

"So, Sango, how are you today?" he asked suavely.

Slightly startled at his sudden appearance, Sango gave an edgy smile and started scooting away, ever so slightly. "Just great, keep your hands aw-a-aY! PERVERT!"

Before she could even finish giving her warning, Miroku's hand found it's way to Sango's rearend and he gave it a good hard squeeze. Sango raised her hand and slapped the boy firmly across the cheek, burning a brilliant crimson before standing angrily to her feet and stalking away. Miroku sighed, staring up at the warehouse ceiling. If only he could make the right move with Sango, just once.

Over with Ayame and Kouga, Kouga was trying his best to get the question out of his mouth. "What I wanted to ask was...I wanted to ask..."

"Yes?" Ayame urged, green eyes earnest and hopeful; she'd had her eye on Kouga for a long time now and wanted nothing more to go out with him. If only he could ever get the courage to pop the question!

Finally, Kouga swallowed the lump in his throat and composed himself. Facing Ayame squarely, he asked, "I wanted to know if you'd like to go out with me this Friday."

Eyes twinkling with delight, Ayame replied, "Sure! I'd love to, Kouga!"

"Great! I mean...that's cool," Kouga replied, running a hand over the top of his head while grinning madly.

Rin and Sesshomaru had finally broken apart from their loving kiss to observe the warehouse in varitable chaos. Sango was yelling at Miroku from across the warehouse, refusing to even go near him due to his lechery, while Kouga and Ayame laughed uproariously about Miroku's lame excuses in the meanwhile. Kagome and Inuyasha were screaming at each other, arguing about God knows what, and Rin just gave a tired sigh.

Burying her head in Sesshomaru's chest, she muttered, "God, I hate being a leader."

Sesshomaru chuckled, kissing the top of her head. "You better get the girls out of her before Inuyasha and Miroku end up unics."

Rin laughed a little, replying, "Yeah, guess your right." Breaking away from her boyfriend, the small girl yelled commandingly, "Sango, Ayame, Kagome! Time to go!"

All action in the warhouse stopped for a moment before Sango exited the warehouse quickly, followed by Kagome, who stormed away form Inuyasha looking furious. Ayame bid Kouga a happy goodbye before running after her friends, leaving Rin standing dazedly next to Sesshomaru. Rolling her eyes, she smiled at her boyfriend and said, "See you tomorrow."

He kissed her goodbye before saying, "Tomorrow."

With that, Rin hurried after her fellow Wildcats, leaving the boys to bask in the girls' lasting presence. Sighing bitterly, Miroku said rather quietly to himself, "I swear my hands have minds of their own."

Inuyasha snorted. "Maybe your hands can ring that damn girl's neck. What was her name? Kagome? God! What a bitch!"

"You two just don't have the luck with women," Kouga said cockily, rolling his neck and cracking his knuckles.

With a grin, Sesshomaru asked, "Did you finally ask Ayame out?"

"Yup, and she said yes. This friday," Kouga answered proudly, smiling at his best friend.

"It's about damn time, I thought you'd never put on your big boy pull ups n' ask her," Inuyasha taunted, glad the attention was away from his recent fight with Kagome. She may have been a bitch, but she was a beautiful bitch.

"Shut up, dog breath, it's not my fault Kikyo fucked some other guy!" Kouga retorted, angered by the chip shot at his pride.

"Why you-" Inuyasha began lowly, clenching a threatening fist.

Before anything could arise, Sesshomaru stepped between his friend and brother. "That's enough out of you two, I have enough to worry about without my gang turning against each other."

"Feh," came Inuyasha's haughty reply. "I'm going for a ride."

"Inuyasha."

Sesshomaru reached out and caught Inuyasha by the shoulder, forcing his brother to face him. "Don't worry about Kikyo, she'll get hers. She wasn't worth it."

Irritated that his brother could always tell what he was thinking, Inuyasha shrugged Sesshomaru's hand bitterly away. "Whatever."

As Inuyasha stalked towards the door, Miroku sighed and said, "She really got em good, man. I think she hurt 'im."

Kouga was silent for a minute before reaching into his pocket and withdrawing a set of keys. "Hey, Yash!"

The white haired boy turned on his heels, asking hotly, "What?!"

Without another word, Kouga threw the keys in Inuyasha's direction, watching as the boy caught them and examined them. Glancing up, Inuyasha met eyes with Kouga and nodded, as though thanking him for giving him a way out of this misery. Kouga understood the need to get out and ride around the town to clear your head; he figured his motorcycle would do Inuyasha some good.

With that, Inuyasha left through the door and the others returned to their business, preparing for the next day's affairs. Life in the Fangs was never boring for a second.

That's the first chapter. Do you guys think I should continue or what? Reviews are appreciated!

KOLU Connection












< /b>