InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leave me be ❯ Lost and found ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Leave me be
I don't own Inuyasha and co.

13: Lost and found


In Rin's room

Kagome has been tutoring Rin in a few simple math problems. Kagome believes that even in this era, a girl should be educated.

"Good Rin, now what's 2x2?" Rin looks at the ceiling, places her index finger on her chin and thinks.

"4! 2x2 is 4. Right Kagome?" Before Kagome has a chance to answer, Jaken enters the room.

Looking at the two girls, Jaken turns his head away and sneers. Not wanting to look at them, he says, "Lord Sesshoumaru has returned and requests your presence in the front gates. He says do not make him wait." Turning to walk away, his cane makes one tap on the floor and he is stomped to the ground by two excited girls.

Kagome stops suddenly and Rin runs into the back of Kagome's leg, falling to her rear and rubbing the sore spot on her nose. "Why did Kagome stop? Does Kagome not want to see Sesshoumaru?" Looking up at the taller girl, Rin expects to be answered.

'Why would Sesshoumaru want to talk to me? And where is the front gates? I only the way to the back gardens.' Smiling sweetly down at Rin, she asks, "Rin? Would you mind leading the way?"

Rin laughs at Kagome's slight blush. She grabs Kagome's hand and they make there way to the front gates.


Front gates, Shippo and Sesshoumaru


Since the flight to the castle, Shippo has been asking questions to the demon lord a mile a minute. "Why did you take Kagome? You were the one who took her right? She wasn't attacked was she? Why did I see you both leave at the same time? Why do you want the Tetsuaiga so badly? Why did Kagome leave me to go with you?" Stopping his questioning, Shippo looks around the castle grounds. "Wow! You live here? How was it built? Did Inuyasha once live here? Did you have it built, or was it already here? Where does Kago-"

Shippo finally got on the taiyoukai's last nerve. He growls to shut up the talkative kit. "Do not speak again, kit, I will not be held responsible for my actions if you continue your questioning."

Shippo nods his head. Mumbling about being curious.

Sesshoumaru wonders if it was a good idea to bring another child into the castle. Finally hearing the front doors open, both Sesshoumaru and Shippo turn to see the girls.


Kagome and Rin

"This way Kagome!" Yelled Rin running and making it to the doors and pushing hard at the door. As it creaked open, the sun shines strait into Kagome's face. Shielding her face from the intense light, she walks out the door. (For all you, If you see a tunnel stay away from the light!^_^;)

"Lord Sesshoumaru!" Rin yells running to her savior.

"Kagome-mama!" As soon as she heard that voice, Kagome out stretched her arm for the familiar bundle of fluff to jump into her grasp. "Kagome! I missed you so much!" Gripping Kagome's latest baby-blue kimono, into a death grip, he buries his face into her chest, crying and darkening the baby-blue to a darker blue.

"Don't cry Shippo." Kagome coos to calm down her kit. "I wasn't gone that long. Calm down, I'm here now. No need to cry." 'Why did he have to cry? I always cry when someone else does. Breath don't cry Kagome, just breath.' Eyes water, she pulls Shippo from his grip and cradles him, whipping away his tears, and kisses his fore-head.

'If I had known that she would cry, I would have gone inside instead of having to wait outside for her to remember my presence.' Patting Rin's head to try and pry her off, Sesshoumaru sees Rin looking at the two crying.

"Doesn't Kagome look so happy now?! Lord Sesshoumaru? Who is that?" Rin asks pointing at Shippo. "Is that Rin's new friend?"

Nodding once, Rin squeaks in excitement.

Running to Kagome, Rin looks up and asks her question. "Kagome, can Rin play with him?" Pointing to Shippo.

Looking at Rins pleading eyes, Kagome looks at Shippo. He nods furiously and jumps down to get a better look at Rin.

"Hi! Rin's name is Rin. What's your name?" Tilting her head to the side, and smiling.

"Hi Rin. I'm Shippo and I'm a Kitsune!" Shippo says proudly while puffing out his chest.

Rin laughs at his ego. "Why was Shippo crying? Was Shippo sad?" She asks, thinking of how he flew into Kagome's arms.

Blushing, Shippo says, "I wasn't crying... I had something in my eyes." As if to prove his point he rubs his eyes.

"It's ok if Shippo cries 'cause Shippo missed Kagome." Rin says while patting Shippo's shoulder in a comforting manner.

Annoyed that she keeps talking about it folds his arms around his chest and 'Fehs' in a very Inuyasha like manner.

"Shippo is funny! Come on lets go play." Grabbing his arm and running to the castle. Both kids laugh while they look for an unsuspecting Jaken.

Kagome, finally looking from Shippo to Sesshoumaru, walks up to him and bows deeply. "Thank you, Sesshoumaru, for bringing Shippo here." Rising to meet his eyes, he looks at her and raises an eyebrow.

"If I had know that this would be the outcome of his arrival I would have went inside first." Walking past her, Sesshoumaru heads back inside. Stopping to wait for Kagome to follow.

Taking his example, Kagome walks by Sesshoumaru's side, and they both enter the building, to hear a very loud yell coming from a tortured Jaken, and two laughing children.

Well here's the next chapter for ya. Hope you guys like it. Next weeks chapter may come a little late on Sunday. This Thursday is my b-day and I get to miss school for Thursday and Friday! Thank you to Kitkat2919 for reviewing. Bu-bye! Till next time.