InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Letters ❯ The “Chat” ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Letters chapter 4: the "Chat"

~Kagome~

This was getting more difficult then I thought. He wasn't about to open himself up to me at all. It has been 6 letters. And it almost sounded like a conversation, like we were face too face, but finally after 8 letters, it seemed things were starting to lighten up

(This is a course of 8 letters)

Inuyasha: I'm surprised of the response of your letter to me. Maybe you weren't as brainless as I thought you were.

Kagome: Well, I'm confused by that reply, but I'm happy to hear that you are looking at me properly.

Inuyasha: Keh! I'm just judging you by what you right to me. You probably aren't as good-natured and refined in real life!

Kagome: well if you are saying that, I hope you aren't going to be cruel to me. I am your wife, you know.

Inuyasha, but I know nothing about you.

Kagome: Well if you wrote more about yourself and not trying to scare or anger me, maybe we don't have to be so much as strangers, we only have a few short weeks left before we meet, and to be honest, I'm scared to death!

Inuyasha: What do you have to be scared about?

Kagome: Well, you sound like you are implying that you are going to be mean to me and not care about me.

Inuyasha: Well, I don't even know you! How can I tell whether I have to be this way?

Kagome: I promise you don't. I was raised to respect an honor my husband. Please do the same.

Inuyasha: Tell me more about yourself, the more I read, the more you spark my interest.

Kagome: I thought you didn't care. I thought you didn't want to know!

Inuyasha: Well, I do!

Kagome: Well, I've told you the basics, but let me see. I don't really know what to say.

Inuyasha: Are you nervous to meet me?

Kagome: To tell the truth, I'm terrified, but as long as you are not a tyrant and you help me, I perhaps won't need at reason to be. What about you?

Inuyasha: Well, I'm also scared out of my wits, I have no clue who you are, how you are like, how you look and you are to bear my children and such. Are you ugly?

Kagome: Does it matter? And I supposed not, I always keep myself clean, my face is clear and such, I've heard some servant boys fancy me.

Inuyasha: So my competition is a bunch of servant boys?

Kagome: That response made me laugh, besides, whether you like it or not, you already have me.

Inuyasha: That usually would have made me annoyed, but don't take this too lightly, but I guess you aren't the prissy little brainless princess I thought I'd end up with.

Kagome: Well, I'm glad you feel that way, but I'm sorry to say that you are still the insufferable rude boy I first heard from.

Inuyasha: I thought a lot about that last comment. To tell the truth, I don't think I will act any different until I meet you. For all I know, you are lying!

Kagome: I assure you, dear husband, that I won't lie to or for you.

Inuyasha: Why do you always insist on calling me husband?

Kagome, that's what you are, plus I'm still getting used to the idea. I think it's my way of reminding myself.

Inuyasha: I guess that is a good enough reason. But don't expect me to call you "wife".

Kagome: I know not to expect it.

Inuyasha: You aren't going about that, "I don't expect anything polite from you" routine?

Kagome: No, I just don't like being called wife, unless it's in a romantic, caring way.

Inuyasha: Will you love me just for the fact I'm your husband?

Kagome: That question I think is a bit awkward. We'll find out in 2 weeks.

Inuyasha: well I don't love you yet, and I don't know if I ever will, but that determines how you are.

Kagome: I do agree on that point. Why have you never truly described yourself to me? Your hair, your eyes? What do girls think of you?

Inuyasha: I'm very different. You'll just have to see me to believe, besides, I don't know what girls think of me, to tell the truth, My mother is the only girl I've ever really seen. I see a few when my hand servant Miroku walks with them in the garden, but except for my mother, who passed away, I don't know if any woman has seen me, or me them. I think I've seen with my own eyes a women 3 times in my life.

Kagome: I'm sorry about your mother. That's very sad, so you are saying, besides your mother, I'll be the first girl to see you, little lone touch you?

Inuyasha: Yes, That is right.

Kagome: Then the ball where we meet is your first ball?

Inuyasha: Yes, but my different feature will be hidden.

Kagome: You said you have a special feature, what is it?

Inuyasha: I won't tell you, but when you see me, you will find out. Let's just say my family is very, so you are saying, besides your mother, I'll be the first girl to see you, little lone touch you?

Inuyasha: Yes, That is right.

Kagome: Then the ball where we meet is your first ball?

Inuyasha: Yes, but my different feature will be hidden.

Kagome: You said you have a special feature, what is it?

Inuyasha: I won't tell you, but when you see me, you will find out. Let's just say my family is very different, but you will see when you get here.

Kagome: I've realized that you are becoming nicer, that makes me feel a little better.

Inuyasha: You seem nice to, but we really won't know till we meet, will we?

Kagome: I guess not, but this is my last letter because I'm leaving for your castle in the morning, so I will meet you in a few days. I'm scared; moving to a different land, meeting a husband I've never met, so please I ask with all my heart, please make this easier on me.

Your wife,

Kagome,

I sealed it and handed it to the messenger. I was scared, tomorrow I was leaving to leave my home to somewhere I've never seen, and someone I've never met. The feeling in my stomach did not make it easy, but the carriage ride takes 7 days. After a while, Inuyasha didn't sound so bad. He probably just put up a front, not actually knowing what to do around girls. I felt sort of special in a way. But I kept wondering about what he said about his "Special features". It almost made me nervous, but I have faith in God, myself, and my heart that I could handle any physical problems he may have.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*

~Inuyasha~

this is my last letter because I'm leaving for your castle in the morning, so I will meet you in a few days. I'm scared; moving to a different land, meeting a husband I've never met, so please I ask with all my heart, please make this easier on me

Upon reading those words, I got light-head. As I was reading this, she's in a carriage is on the way here. I felt nervous. Me? Inuyasha? Nervous? How dare she?! But she did sound better then I anticipated. I had even a hint of excitement. She'd be here day after tomorrow, just in time for the ball. The ball too will have women, which made me nervous, but most of the women of the land had some things more in common with me and my looks didn't really stick out, but there was a problem with Princess Kagome…

She was fully human.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took me ages to update and I still haven't updated The Silver Hanyou….ACK! That Story is draining me, I think I'll work at tad more on this one to relax my nerves. But until next chapter, kudos!