InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Letting Go ❯ Tense ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Just to mention something, this is a side story to Do You Love Me?. You DON'T have to read that one to get this one, but I would appreciate it if you did……..

This was an extremely short chapter, but I wanted to get JUST this part up. The next chapter will be more normal(ish) and will be an author's point of view……… I think.

And this is a reminder, this is BEFORE the story DYLM?

K?

Enjoy~

Letting Go

Chapter One

^.~ Sango

He just stood there, not moving. Ignoring Naraku's commands.

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why didn't he attack me?

Why didn't he be rid of me?

Why?

"O-oneechan………" he mumbled.

Did he just - he did. He said `oneechan'. He's remembering!

Yes!

Wait - if he was remembering, then it would be against Naraku's wishes wouldn't it? Then why is that bastard just standing there, watching all of this?

"Kohaku!"

"Sango, I hardly think this is the time to bother your dear baby brother. He's trying to gather his thoughts. Especially that memory of the moments before his death."

No………..

He wouldn't.

He would. That sonofabitch was going to tear my brother apart emotionally!

"NARAKU!" and charged with my hirakotsu at him.

He made a moment and quickly blocked my hit. Well, I will show him.

^.~ Kagome

Lunging forward, Sango ran to hit Naraku. What was going on?

Oh no. `………moments before his death.' Wasn't that the memory of the death of her father?

"Inuyasha!" I yell.

Inuyasha quickly turns to look at me, only to see a look of panic spread across his face and he bounds towards me.……….

^.~ Inuyasha

"KAGOME!" I shouted as a warning, but I see the confusion in her face, and I run towards her.

I hope it's not too late.

^.~ Miroku

Sango is fighting Naraku, Inuyasha is bounding towards Kagome, and what the hell am I good for?

Nothing. Godsdamn those poisonous insects of Naraku's. Damn him to hell!

I'm useless. Not being able to use my windtunnel, what good is it to help fight? I would only get in the way. Sango grew up training to fight. Inuyasha's a hanyou. Kagome is a miko.

I'm just a monk who's expertise is of no use right now.

But I will try. I will help. Even if it means my life.

^.~ Kagome

Inuyasha pulled me away from the flaming sword in a nick of time. Another second, and I would have died.

The thought scares me.

"Oh Inuyasha!" I cling to him. I've always felt safe when he held me. His arms around me give me a sense of security, that nothing can harm me with him here.

"Miroku!"

I heard a cry from behind. It sounded like Shippou. I was reluctant to leave the warmth of Inuyasha's arms, but turning around makes me forget about that completely.

Miroku was standing a ways from us and Sango and fighting the numerous demons that Naraku had appointed. But he wasn't just fighting. He was using his windtunnel.

Even Inuyasha sees this.

"MIROKU! YOU ASSHOLE!" he screams as he charges towards the monk and he pulls out Tetsusaiga quickly and aids Miroku, while screaming for the `bouzu' to `put away that damned hole'.

^.~ Sango

I can not be bothered by anything else. Naraku must die. I WILL avenge the death of father! And……… Kohaku.

I cannot believe I forgot! I turn, in anticipation of seeing my dear brother once again, returned to his former self, but I forgot the one rule with fighting.

Never turn your back to your opponent.

^.~ Kagome

I see Sango hesistate in her aggressive attacks against Naraku. Why? When I see her turning, I realize something.

We forgot about Kohaku.

I realize that she was turning to look at him, her face full of love and care. But I also see Naraku striking to attack her, and I did the only thing I could think of.

I fired an arrow, hoping my aim to be true.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN: I'm sorry if it was a tad bit confusing. ::sees menacing stares:: ok ok. A LOT of confusion.

But that's how I wanted it.

Yeah, to add effect.

You all probably have already figured out what this plot is………

Was that a cliff hanger?

Cool.

Ta ta~