InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life Is Like A Fairytale ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Life is like a Fairytale-Chapter 4

 

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but the thought of the story. The song is by "The Counting Crows"

 

Catching up with Sango and the rest was quite easy; they were waiting for her just out side a store across the road. Noticing that InuYasha was looking kind of put out she guessed that Miroku had given him a taking to.

Trying to sneak a quick glance at Kagome with out getting caught, InuYasha had his head tilted to the side. By the look on his face Kagome could tell that he wanted to say something. But if he did it didn't look like he was going to say it in front of Sango and Miroku. Sighing because she wasn't about to break the uneasy silence was Miroku's cue to lead the group into more happy waters.

Walking ahead a little Miroku stopped and looked at his watch it read twelve fifty-nine. "Sweet hey guys the "Cinderella's Surprise Celebration" is said to start any time let's go watch it." All agreeing they walked in front of the huge castle and found a perfect spot to watch the show from. One minute later and the entire area in front of the castle was full of people, then the music started.

Cinderella was the first to come out and address the crowd. As usual she was in her blue princess dress and was saying that she was so glad to have everyone here. Knowing it was all an act for the kids Kagome had to roll her eyes at how cheerful she was.

"Could the smile be any bigger?" Kagome voiced out loud.

"Well she is a really nice person out of work as well, normally really happy because she loves her job and the kids." Said InuYasha while looking up at Cinderella.

Kagome was left speechless; she had expected Miroku to be the one to say something like that about a girl not InuYasha. "I'm presuming that you know her pretty well?" Kagome added.

"Yea we've hung around together a few times." He replied off handedly.

"You mean like on a date?" said Kagome with a little jealousy located in her voice.

"What? No we just caught supper together a few times after work. She already has a boyfriend."

"O," was all that she could say, looking back at the stage she saw that the show had started up and had all the character's performing. Belle and the Beast had just danced by and Kagome couldn't stop watching them, "They are the perfect couple," she thought to her self, "Now if only I could find a guy like that who would sweep me off my feet."

Off to her left Sango was thinking along the same lines but she was watching a different couple. It happened to be Aladdin and Jasmine, the idea of being the center of a guy's attention for more than just a groping object was very appealing.

*

Off in a dressing room located in the castle, was a girl who was applying makeup to her already masked face.

"Hey Kikyo guess what I just saw," said a guy who was walking towards her.

"O what now Naraku can't find any one else to annoy?"

"My aren't we being a little to nasty to be receiving the information that I have for her? And just when it's about her little boy toy at that," he said more to himself then her.

"What is it then spit it out already." She snapped.

"Ha I knew you would come to your senses. Anyway guess what I just saw." He said resuming the game, "It looks like InuYasha has a new little wench to hang around with."

"What do you mean? He has a new girlfriend?"

"That's exactly what I mean. It looks like he's already moved on with out you." Laughed Naraku.

"He wouldn't dare." She said while narrowing her eyes.

"I don't think he liked being tossed around if you know what I mean."

"Shut up!" Yelled Kikyo, "InuYasha is mine even if he doesn't know it yet." She confirmed

*

Just as the couples finished their dances the music change and then all of the villains came out to play. Upon this happening InuYasha started to chuckle to himself but couldn't keep it in and laughed out loud. Miroku looked up and saw what was so funny. The old hag from Snow White had just come out making her presence known by screeching loudly. What was funny was the person who was wearing the costume, Kikyo Miko, a girl who just wouldn't give up on claiming InuYasha as her own. But InuYasha didn't like her at all she was one of those type's who use and then dump ya for something better. Whenever she saw him walk by she would instantly latch on to his arm and flirt like there was no tomorrow. Plus after what she did to him, seeing her dressed up like her true self was a good look for her (a.n. I hate that walking clay pot). A lot more character's came out, then Cinderella was captured. The villains took her up to the top of the castle, they reappeared on a balcony and Kikyo had a hold of Cinderella's arm and was muttering a spell. There was a puff of green smoke then Cinderella's clothes were ripped off to reveal her maid's clothes underneath. Kikyo was screeching again at her victory, but she failed to notice that Prince Charming had come up behind her. Grabbing Cinderella away from the evil woman the Prince was then able to push the old hag off the balcony.

At this point InuYasha leaned over and said to Miroku, "Ha I wish it was that easy." Laughing at InuYasha Miroku replied "Evil never really dies does it?"

"True true." Said InuYasha while chuckling. "Wicked witch of the west is more like it."

Completely clueless Kagome looked at Sango to see if she had caught on to what they were talking about but she too looked just as uninformed as her.

*

When the show was over they started to make their way over towards "Mickey's PhilharMagic" InuYasha was reading the write up on the ride:

Join Maestro Mickey and cast of Characters in this amazing 3-D spectacular.

But noticed that they were missing someone, stopping he turned around and saw that Kagome was just out side the Fairytale Garden. People were gathered all around and were listening to a girl dressed up as Belle tells a story.

"Hey Kagome hurry up!" said InuYasha. If they wanted to beet the line ups they had to move faster than what they were going.

"Sorry," she said catching up to him.

"Meh," he replied. This was just the opportunity to tell her he was sorry, Sango and Miroku had gone on with out them and it was just her and him.

"Listen Kagome I'm sorry about earlier it's just that Koga and I really don't get along and then he brought up "her" and I was just in a bad mood I didn't mean to snap like that." He said with a sad look on his face.

"O my god is he apologizing to me?" thought Kagome. "O it's alright I was only trying to lighten up the mood because it was so still." She voiced out loud.

"Even still I'm really sorry I felt like such a jerk after wards."

"Well come let's just drop it okay I forgive you it's not that big of a deal. I bet Mrioku and Sango are already waiting for us in the line up of the next ride."

"Okay," he said agreeing, and also marveling at how easy she could forgive him for acting the way he did.

*

Taking a seat next to Sango in the theatre Kagome pulled out the 3-D glasses that were provided for the movie. Then the light dimmed and the show stated.

Donald Duck had stolen Mickey's magical conductor rod and was instructing the magical instruments to do what ever he wanted but he soon lost control. The instruments went haywire and were attacking Donald, a trumpet sprayed water at him and they also got sprayed. Laughing at how everything jumped out at her Kagome made a mental note to tell Souta that the show was better than any of his 3-D games she ever played. Even when Aladdin and Jasmine went by on the magic carpet the theatre air was blown on them making it feel as if you were really in the clouds along with them.

Coming out of the building Kagome had to squint her eyes at how bright it was out. InuYasha had pulled out the map again and Miroku was looking over his shoulder.

"I was thinking that we could go to Ariel's Grotto next." Said InuYasha.

"No way we are not skipping one of my favorite rides! InuYasha how dare you this one's a classic, the girls will love it." Said Miroku.

"Why what ride is it?" asked Sango.

"It's a small world" one of the best rides here. InuYasha hates it." said Miorku with a smirk gracing his feature's.

"What awe I want to go on it come on we have to." Pleaded Sango while giving InuYasha the puppy dog eyes and a quick sniffle

Quickly looking away InuYasha muttered that they could go. He hated seeing girl's cry; he was a sucker for it.

*

Reaching the ride quicker than InuYasha had wanted. Meant that they were getting on soon, Kagome and Sango just talked a little during the wait, Miroku on the other hand looked just like the cat that caught the mouse. He knew InuYasha hated the ride because the song always got stuck in his head. You know the song the one little kids like to sing just to annoy their parents. Then the parents have it stuck in their heads for the rest of the day and the whole time are cursing their child's name under their breath. Yes that one, "It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world."

Sure enough they had just nicely sat down in the seat of the ride when the music came on. And on it stayed through out the entire ride. When they got out InuYasha was sending death glares towards Miroku, all he did was laugh them off though.

Right across the path was their next stop, the food court. Sango ordered a cheeseburger and fries, but when Kagome went to order her favorite she noticed that it was no where's in sight. "What? You mean to tell me that they don't serve poutine's here? What kind of messed up theme park is this." She yelled.

"Kagome calm down it's only gravy and cheese we can make some later when we get back to the hotel room." Said Sango.

"Fine," she pouted, "I guess I'll take a cheeseburger as well."

"A poutine? What's that I don't think I've ever had one?" said InuYasha off handedly.

"You have got to be kidding, Sango we have got to make them supper sometime."

"Hey that would be a great idea. Sometime after we get back from a full day and just want to rest. We could make them a meal." Agreed Sango.

*

After they ate the next ride they headed to was the "Mad Tea Party" even though it was not a very smart thing to do just after eating, but they wanted to get this ride in before they had to leave at the end of the day. They only had one more ride after this one, plus it was starting to get late; it was six thirty.

The Mad Tea Party ride was made up of ten teacups sitting on their saucers. You sit in the middle and turn the table in front of you as fast as you can. Miroku and Sango went in one cup and Kagome and InuYasha went in the one next to them, InuYasha then challenged Miroku to see who could spin their cup the fastest.

When the ride started a song came on, it was playing quite loudly. It was the song "Accidentally in Love" by the "Counting Crows".

 

So she said what's the problem baby
What's the problem I don't know
Well maybe I'm in love (love)
Think about it every time
I think about it
Can't stop thinking 'bout it

 

InuYasha was turning the table in front of him so fast that the only thing he could actually see we Kagome, everything else was too blurry.

 

How much longer will it take to cure this
Just to cure it cause I can't ignore it if it's love (love)
Makes me wanna turn around and face me but I don't know nothing 'bout love

 

Watching her across from him with a smile that big on her face was just making him want to stay with her for the rest of his life.

 

Come on, come on
Turn a little faster
Come on, come on
The world will follow after
Come on, come on
Cause everybody's after love

 

Kagome just had to laugh she couldn't see straight and the only sold object in front of her was either to look at the table or InuYasha.

 

Well I didn't mean to do it
But there's no escaping your love

These lines of lightning
Mean we're never alone,
Never alone, no, no

 

And at that moment even the table was going too fast so she looked up at InuYasha.

 

Come on, Come on
Move a little closer
Come on, Come on
I want to hear you whisper
Come on, Come on
Settle down inside my love

 

He looked so happy with a big goofy smile on his face. She just had to laugh.

 

Come on, come on
Jump a little higher
Come on, come on
If you feel a little lighter

 

When she did he looked up at her and smiled back at her which made her heart stop. She had just realized that she really was falling in love with him.

 

Come on, come on
We were once
Upon a time in love

We're accidentally in love

 

After the ride was over InuYasha was the first to get out; after he did he turned around and offer her his hand to hold as she got out. Sango and Miroku say this and hide their smiles, they knew that their friends were growing closer every day and it was only a matter of time until one of them admitted it.

*

While they were walking back over towards the Haunted Mansion as their last ride of the night, InuYasha started to hum the tune to " it's a small world after all". When he realized what it was he started to growl. Miroku, who was up ahead of Kagome and InuYasha, heard the sound and knew that it, was a warning to run. Taking a look back he knew instantly that it was true, InuYasha was glaring at him knowing that his death was coming soon he decided to play around with the hyperventilating nutcase.

"What's wrong InuYasha?" asked innocently.

"You know what is very well wrong you idiot and now I'm going to kill you. This was your plan the whole time and now I'm going to bash your head in."

"Now, now InuYasha calm down it was only a joke." Miroku said in a calm tone and a hopeful look on his face.

"Don't worry, right now that is," He said with a smirk on his face, "Because I'll just wait until we are alone so no one can find the body after."

"O look we're here," said Sango, hopeful that her interruption had bought Miroku a few more hours to live.

"Great let's go get in line this is going to be so cool in the dark." Said Kagome.

*

After they climbed all the steps up to the doors, reading a sign that was posted to the door, it told:

 

Ride through this eerie 19th-century mansion and encounter 999 grim grinning ghouls along the way.

 

They went inside and were directed in to the on going seats that were all connected together. Of corse InuYasha and Kagome sat together and Miroku and Sango sat with each other, the ride took them all over the mansion. Seeing all of the ghosts and being in the dark kind of gave Kagome the creeps, but all she had to do to get rid of her he-be-jibes was cuddle up against InuYasha.

When the ride was over they headed towards the entrance and brought the girl's home to their hotel. They were about to leave them at the door and say goodbye, but when InuYasha went to speak Kagome reached up on her tippy-toes and pecked InuYasha on the cheek. Blushing, she quickly said good night and ran in to her room for the night.