InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Box Of Chocolates ❯ F ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer- I do not own Inu Yasha

Disclaimer- I do not own Inu Yasha

Chapter 1

F

A knock was heard on the door. A middle aged woman went over and answered it. "Why my Lord! What a pleasure to see you have come! Please, come in!" the man looked snooty.

"Yes, you claim to have an elegant daughter who needs a husband? And you claim she can sing beautifully?" The woman nodded. "Of course! I wouldn't lie! In fact, she's the most sophisticated, beautiful, elegant, and graceful girl you've-" she was interrupted by a loud shriek of delight. Both watched as a raven haired girl ran in the room from another, dripping wet with mud, and the elegant dress she wore torn.

"Hey Souta! What do you get when you add mud and a fancy dress?" she asked, laughing. A small boy wearing a long cloth around his waist over his clothes ran in, also covered in mud. "A one way ticket to PAAAAIIN!!!" (I forgot where I heard that) he screamed and rammed into a wall. The woman and the Lord watched in horror as they rammed each other into the walls, laughing and cheering with delight. Then they seemed to notice they had an audience. Kagome froze as Souta knocked into her.

"Souta, I leave all my worldly possessions to you" she squeaked, noting her mother's outraged looked. The lord stood up.

"I think I've seen enough." He said in his snooty voice and with a snooty look he walked in a snooty fashion to the door. Of course, mud was everywhere, so he slipped and fell on his face. Kagome and Souta started cracking up. The mother went to him and helped him up.

"Please, sir, give her a chance! She's ill today!" he slammed the door in a snooty way, getting his snooty little cape thing caught in the door. They heard a crash and a rip and some chickens. He opened the door a moment later. He glared at Kagome. He had chicken crap all over him, eggs and egg shells all over himself. He grabbed his cape and left.

Kagome and Souta shut up as they looked at her mother who was approaching. "You two are the most disgraceful children I have ever-" she slipped on some mud and slid around the room. Kagome and Souta watched intently.

"Souta, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. They usually stay and take their punishments and such. Take the gladiators for example"

"But we're not in Rome right now, are we?"

"My point exactly. Which leaves us only one option"

"Indeed."

"…RUUUN!!!" both shouted and ran out of the room.

Those two ran until Souta tripped, which is when Kagome carried him. They went into the fields and to their favorite tree. Kagome was panting madly.

"I think we lost her" suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. She gulped and turned to see her mother, evilly smirking. Kagome gulped.

"Souta, there's something you should know" he hadn't seen his mother yet and looked at her.

"And what is-that?" he gulped as he saw his mother turn a dark shade of red with anger.

"We're doomed."

+++

"Now Kagome. You're 16. You need to get married before you grow old and die!" Kagome winced. "Nice, mother. I'm only 16 years old and yet I'm close to getting old and dying!"

"Don't back-sass me, young woman!"

"Don't back-sass me, young woman!"

"Kagome" her mother growled low, gaining Kagome's utmost attention. She knew that tone of voice. "TAKE COVER! SHE'S GONNA BLOW!!!!!!!" Kagome shouted and hid under the table.

"KAGOME HIGURASHI GET YOUR ASS OFF THE FLOOR AND ONTO YOUR CHAIR RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!!!!" people for miles around heard the angry cries of the noble woman Higurashi. One woman sighed.

"I can't believe it! Kagome's at it again!" she shook her head. "My daughter was married off almost 2 years ago! Kagome needs to be on with her life!" another said.

THE NEXT DAY

Kagome had escaped the evil clutches of her mother by complaining that she was sick and needed rest. In which her mother gave in.

"Kagome dear! Another guy is coming to see you today! I expect you to be on your best behavior, ne?" Kagome nodded and rolled her eyes. "Yes mother"

+++

"I WHAT?!" the young man shouted. His silver hair was down, and his small ears on his head were twitching. He wore a red yukata. The king nodded.

"Yes, you must find a bride. I have chosen you as the heir to the throne. I believe there are many noblewomen in the village nearby. You must choose one" he growled low. "Otherwise, your brother will gain everything" he snorted.

"Fine" he said and stormed out of the room.

"Find a bride. Feh! I'm the prince. I can do what I want" he muttered as he left the castle.

+++

Kagome walked into the fields and started looking for Souta.

"Souta!" she called. Her younger brother was nowhere to be found. She frowned.

"Souta!!!"

+++

Inu Yasha heard someone calling a name. `SOUTA!!' was all he could make out. He ran over and saw some girl sitting in a tree, frowning.

"Hey, what're you doing?" he asked. She shrugged.

"I dunno, trying to find my little brother as well as a husband. How bout you?"

"Finding a girl before my father leaves all my inheritance to my big, annoying, cruel half brother."

Both sat in deep thought. After a minute, Inu Yasha smirked.

"I got an idea to help us out! See, you `pretend' to be my girl until I find a girl I fall in love with! Then, I say I change my mind about you, I let you free where you and your prince charming run away and live together, and I marry my love, and we live happily ever after!" he said smiling. She smiled.

"That plan may just be dumb enough to work! But what's your name?"

"Inu Yasha"

"Kagome-PRINCE INU YASHA?!!" he nodded. She smiled.

"Sweet…" she said. He crouched down. "Get on my back" he said. She nodded and climbed on as he leapt off.

+++

They approached the castle, making Kagome gasp. "Wow…it's big" she said with wide eyes. Inu Yasha snorted.

"Of course. What'd you think?" she shrugged.

They jumped through the window and into the throne room. The king frowned.

"Congratulations Inu Yasha. You have succeeded in interrupting me in the middle of an extremely important conversation with your brother-dealing with chickens, bologna, his fluffy tail, cheese, and a little albino girl with one eye who has been stalking him in the shadows-as well as breaking a very expensive window that was imported from a tiny, insignificant country somewhere in the south of France. What do you want?" he dropped Kagome, who yelped and fell flat on her ass.

"There. I found a girl. Happy?" the king looked at her in deep thought. She gulped under his intense gaze and he frowned. Suddenly he snapped his fingers.

"I knew it! I forgot to tell the cook not to put mayonnaise on my sandwich!!!" he exclaimed suddenly and Kagome sighed. Inu Yasha fell over.

"No you dumb ass! I found a girl! You know, you told me I had to get married?" he nodded.

"OH! This is the girl?" Inu Yasha took a deep breath and nodded.

"Ah! Her name?"

"Kagome"

"…don't recognize it, but to hell with that!!!!!"

The king was a tall man with long, silver hair. He had golden eyes like both his sons. He had the same stripes as Sesshomaru-on his face and hands, as well as a fluffy tail-and the stubbornness of Inu Yasha.

Sesshomaru was glaring at both of them.

"You chose a human?" he muttered. Inu Yasha shrugged.

"No demon girls around except Yura" he said. All shuddered. The king got up and hugged Kagome, cutting off her flow of air in the process. He smiled and let her breathe, patting her on the head.

"Welcome to the family, Kagome. So who's hungry?"

-DINNER-

Kagome, Inu Yasha, the king, and Sesshomaru all sat and ate in silence.

Kagome cleared her throat but that was it.

`Look at them staring at me. They think I'm too weak to be his wife. Sesshomaru will probably kill me in my sleep'

Inu Yasha watched as they all sat and shifted uneasily.

`Look at them staring at me. They think I'm a disgrace for bringing her to be my wife quote unquote. Sesshomaru will probably kill me in my sleep'

Sesshomaru was glaring at everyone.

`Look at them staring at me. They think I'm too strong to be around and are probably plotting my demise. I will probably kill them in their sleep'

The king was also glaring at everyone.

`Cause we are living in a material world and I am a material girl-ya know that we are living…'

+++

Kagome and Inu Yasha headed up to his room. She looked around until she found a couch cushion and a blanket. She laid her head down on the cushion and covered herself in the blanket.

"The hell are you doing?" she looked up to see Inu Yasha walking through the door, frowning. She smiled.

"Going to bed" suddenly he bent down and picked her up, throwing her onto one side of the bed. She yelped. She looked up at him with big, watery eyes and a ridiculously fake smile.

"Fank you fow da dewacuness of dwopping me onto de bed!" the look disappeared, revealing her annoyed face. "Now what the hell are you doing?"

"Look, you and I are supposed to get married. Just sleep in the same bed. I promise I won't try anything if you won't" she nodded and snuggled under the covers of his comfy bed. She sighed.

"What if it ends up that our plan goes wrong?" she asked quietly as he got under the covers as well.

"It won't. It's simple. I still go out and look for girls, you still go out and look for guys, and then when the time comes, we swap spouses" she chuckled lightly.

"……What if we fall in love?"

"Tch, like THAT'S gonna happen!"

"I know, but wouldn't that be hilarious?"

"Yea, It would. That would screw the plans up big time"

"Yea…well Goodnight" she said and shifted slightly. Inu Yasha smiled lightly. `Fall in love with her…tch…'

We ALL know where this is going, don't we? Yes, yes we do. And yes, I love sarcasm. Who would of thought. (…that was sarcastic…) PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!