InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Box Of Chocolates ❯ A ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- Are you an idiot? Of COURSE I don't own Inu Yasha! SILLIES!!!! >_<

AN-all I have to say is your life will never be complete until a chipmunk being pursued by your dog and cat runs up your leg and around you onto your shoulder. It was the coolest thing I'd ever felt.

Also, I'm sorry, this chapter may not be as good as the last. It'll get better, I promise! And I'll TRY not to take so long to update, but with writers block and all (rambles on lame excuses)

Chapter 2

A

Kagome walked down the muddy dirt path, Inu Yasha following close behind her. When she left to see her family, she didn't expect him to come along, but he claimed his father told him to. So here they were, walking down a muddy dirt path, almost to her small house. Suddenly Souta jumped down from a low tree branch and ran to her.

"KAGOME!!!" she shouted happily and hugged her. She smiled and patted his back. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Mom's gonna kill you! She's so angry at you for not staying to see your suitor yesterday! And plus you didn't come home! She's on a rampage! I've been keeping watch from this here tree branch waiting for you to come home so you could end her reign of terror!!!" he said with one breath.

"KAGOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" all heads turned to the door to where an enraged looking Mrs. Higurashi was standing, glaring at Kagome with a fierce look. Kagome gulped and smiled.

"Mom, I would like you to meet my fiancé Inu Yasha"

Any words she was planning to say evaporated like cotton candy in her mouth. Her eyes widened as she looked on Inu Yasha who shrugged.

"You mean…prince Inu Yasha? THE Prince Inu Yasha?" she squeaked. Kagome shrugged. "Yea" her mother smiled sweetly.

"Well now, please come in Kagome dear, Inu Yasha-sama!"

Kagome sweat dropped, but nodded. She and Inu Yasha walked inside. He suddenly grabbed her hand. She looked up at him, surprised. "Play along" he mouthed. She nodded and smiled, taking a small step closer to him. He smirked slightly.

Kagome's house was decently normal. It had a living room, a dining room, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and so on. "Come in, sit down!" Higurashi urged, practically pushing Inu Yasha and Kagome onto a couch. Inu Yasha snaked a hand around her waist. She held back a small gasp but just continued to smile. Her mother took a deep breath and started talking overly fast.

"Here, I'll get you some tea! OH! And some crackers! I love crackers, don't you? Would you like anything? Anything, you name it, I'll get it! So when did you two meet? What sparked your interest? Done anything yet? Eh? Eh? Come on, details! Can I get you some crackers?"

Inu Yasha and Kagome sat there, eyes wide, staring at her. Souta ran through the room chasing after Buyo.

"Hey, fleabag! Get back here with my money!!"

After that the silence continued. Mrs. Higurashi, in which I will not be referring to as Mrs. H, got up and started making tea. Inu Yasha looked over to Kagome. "Dude, is your mom high or something?"

"She's been like this ever since these suitors started coming for me like 3 years ago"

"You started when you were 14?"

"'L' Yea" (AN- that actually means Hell yea, but the way you say it is L yea)

"So how'd you cats meet anyway?" Mrs. H asked, walking in. They looked at each other. They simultaneously answered.

"Out in the field?"

She smiled happily, serving the tea.

"And what attracted you two to each other?"

"Uh, his (her) looks?"

"I see. And have you done anything yet? I mean, you were gone all night, so-"

"MOM!" Kagome stood up angrily, both blushing. Inu Yasha took a sip of his tea. "Thanks for the tea, Mrs. Higurashi"

"Call me mom!" she said grinning.

+++

After a day of non-stop fun and excitement (AN-cough cough BULLSHIT cough cough) the pair decided to head home. Inu Yasha shook his head.

"And you claim she was creepier before?!"

She nodded and sighed.

-*-

NEXT MORNING…

Inu Yasha was having a wonderful dream. Ramen bowls everywhere, and nobody around to eat any of them. (AN- I had a dream like that, except the bowls were stacked up to look like a city. It was wonderful until something, I can't remember what, came and made everything turn into regular buildings again. Then of course, all that was served was ramen ::ramble ramble ramble…::) He sighed and smiled, slurping. Suddenly he heard a loud scream.

"EARTHQUAKE!!"

His world of ramen shattered as he fell himself fall out of his nice, comfy bed and onto the floor on his face. He sighed and rubbed his head angrily. He looked up to see Kagome, a guy with jet black hair in a small ponytail at the base of his neck and a girl with long brown hair in a high ponytail sitting on his bed. All together they had apparently sat on it with all their might, sending him flying onto the floor.

(AN-did that to my friend once. Couldn't get over it…still can't…too funny…)

"M…Miroku? Sango?" the duo nodded. "What the hell…what are you doing here?"

Sango grinned as her pet Kirara hopped onto her bed with her.

"Well we were kind of just walking around when we saw this poor young girl-"

*FLASHBACK*

Kagome was looking around the castle, frowning. She hadn't been able to sleep and had therefore decided to explore the castle, sadly getting lost in the process. "Now where am I…" suddenly she heard 2 voices in the distance.

"Work, work, work! That's all Sesshomaru wants!" Sango was saying. She looked over to see Miroku in his monk robes nodding.

"Yes, all work and no play makes Sesshomaru a dull boy!" he said his face turning to the side with a dazed look. She laughed. Kagome even couldn't suppress her laughter.

She laughed making the two grab their seemingly unnoticed weapons-a huge boomerang and a staff. Kagome quickly covered her mouth as Kirara walked over to her, rubbing against her leg. She looked down, picked her up, and ran.

Miroku and Sango heard her footsteps and ran. Sango threw her boomerang when she turned the corner, hitting Kagome in the side. She winced, but didn't stop. Suddenly she ran into an invisible barrier, falling onto her back. She curled up.

"Don't hurt me!" she said. They frowned.

"Who are you and why are you here?"

"Yea, and why do you have my Kirara?"

Kirara leaped from Kagome's grasp and into Sango's free arm. Kagome got a better look of them. Was in warrior clothing, black and pink, and the other was in purple and black monk clothing. She suddenly remembered something.

"I'm engaged to Inu Yasha, you know! I'm Kagome!" both seemed to freeze at that. Their weapons clattered to the ground as they got down on their hands and knees, their heads down, in front of her. Kirara simply mewed.

"Forgive us" both said. Kagome stopped and blinked.

"Ano…why are you bowing?"

"We have broken a rule-attempting to injure a member of the royal family"

Kagome was amazed at 2 things-one they were treating her with such respect, and two how they memorized and could say that in unison.

"Well, you didn't really KILL me, so you can get up…I'm kind of new to this respect thing…"

Both looked up surprised. "What?"

"Well, I'm only a noblewomen, and…who are you anyway?"

They both sat up, smiling. "Miroku" "Sango"

"We're the monk and exterminator of this castle!" the both said happily. Kagome nodded. `How do they DO that…'

"….HENTAI!" SMACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*UNFLASHBACK*

Inu Yasha nodded. "Understandable. These two assholes are my only connection to the outside world, so to speak. And they're my friends" he said. Kagome frowned.

"What do you mean, your only connections to the outside world? Weren't you out looking for a girl when you found me?" He sighed and got up off the floor, back onto the bed between Kagome and Miroku, knowing perfectly well what the monk is capable of.

"I'm supposed to be up staying in here signing papers and living it large. Hate it. HATE it. It's like confining a wild animal in a small, tight cage making it play fetch. No fun whatsoever. Therefore, they inform me on what happens, bring me food, and sometimes some modern day clothes to wear so I can sneak out the back and spend a day as a peasant"

"Oh" Kagome said, nodding. Suddenly the door opened. Inu Yasha's father smiled.

"Um, hope I'm not interrupting anyone, but Inu Yasha has a million things to do!" Inu Yasha grumbled as he nodded. His father left. He smirked at Kagome. "I'll be back in like 5 hours. Hang out with them for the time being, k?" she nodded. He nodded and leaped off after his father.

::bows down to angry fans::

SORRY ABOUT THE LONG WAIT! I went to Hershy Park Yesterday and stocked up on like 30000 pounds of chocolate! People that can have some-

Hell's lil Bitch-you can have two because you waited and reviewed twice. ::sobs:: IM SORRY! WAAAAAAA!!

Giftedone01- ::smiles brightly:: Thank you! I appreciate it!

Chmsweety- You want to know what happens? ::grins:: you'll just have to wait, huh? Hehehe MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! ::…ahem…::

Twisted Stapler- Thanks for reviewing! Love the name(twisted stapler)

And for all those that review more, I'll give you more candy!