InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life ❯ How It All Begam ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don not own Inuyasha or anyone else from that show! But I wish I had his cute little dog ears! I'd love to tweak his ears all day! *sigh and goes into dream land*

Chapter One: How It All Began

Have you ever noticed how much life hates you? Or the Fates at that matter. I mean, first everything is going smooth, perfectly fine. Then life smacks you in the face. The Fates toy with you for a while, and then leave ya alone to defend for yourself. That's just cruel!

Okay, so you heal a little, and get back on your feet. You're walking along innocently then BAM! Life beats your ass again! And it's just a never ending cycle.

Have you ever felt like that? I have. It sucks doesn't it? Well, I guess I should tell you where my life started to go downhill. It all started that fateful day that she released me from that damned tree that bi-I mean *sarcastically* that oh so loving and pure miko! Feh. I'd love to teach her something about Hell. She runs around saying "Why Inuyasha? Come to Hell with me! Does that girl mean more to you thank I do?!" God! It's like a never ending cycle! Like that Energizer Bunny thing Kagome always talks about.

Anyway, back to where I was….oh yeah! Let's start at the VERY beginning…

I was just peacefully walking to the place where Kikyo was to give me the jewel. I couldn't wait. I'd be with her forever! That's when it happened. Arrows zipped past me. I easily dodged them of course. But what I saw, you would have been surprised I didn't turn into a fullyoukai right there. There in all her glory was "Kikyo", pointing that blaster bow at me.

So I did the only thing my mind told me to. I ran to the village. If she wasn't going to give me the jewel, then no one else could have it either. So, I ran into the building, stole the jewel and was outta there. I was making my way down, an easy escape, when I first crashed into life.

Feh. I was such a stupid baka to think that I would really ever truly be loved. And by a miko of all people. So, the-oh-so-honorable, I'll-protect-the jewel-with-my-life-and-then-die-so-I-can-go-to-Hell-with-you-and-torture-yo u-there-Inuyasha, Kikyo shot me with that arrow.

The last thing I remembered before it was the Fates turn to play with me was seeing the jewel flying out of my hands and the "perfect and most pure" miko fall to the ground.

And so that was it. I was just surrounded by my nightmare. I lived it over and over again. And that's when my anger and realization sunk in. I stayed pinned to that tree for-well, I didn't know at the time-50 years, slowly getting myself back together. And that's when I smelt it.

It was Kikyo's scent. Okay, not totally. This scent was sweeter and smelt more pure than Kikyo's. I remember feeling something rub my ears. Oh Gods it felt good! Then I came to my senses after God knows how long and my eyes snapped open.

The first thing I remember seeing was a young girl there. She was so beautiful, she looked like an angel. I didn't register it then of course. I was so surprised. It, okay shelooked a little that dead bi-er miko Kikyo. I don't remember much of what she was talking about, but I do remember her screaming at me for calling her Kikyo. I of course did it just to get her attention. I didn't realize at the time though. "KAGOME! My name is KAGOME! KA-GO-ME! Not this Kikyo!" she was so cute and funny when she was angry. I felt a blush rise, so I had to cover. "Your right. Kikyo was a lot cuter," I replied, okay I lied.

Next time she came was at night. It was dark and she came running over here. I was wondering what she was doing when a giant centipede youkai came rushing at her.I panicked a bit (I didn't register it at that time however) when it ripped into her side and the jewel came out.

The jewel! My jewel! I frantically tried to get out, to get my jewel. The one no one else could have if I didn't have it. Damn arrow kept me stuck though.

I remember teasing her about not beingable to kill it. Next thing I knew was that her beau-I mean body was smashed against mine. I commanded her to release me, seeing as how I could protect her. And my heart was beating so fast in my chest, I thought it might explode. So, that's when she released me.

I felt as though I had been born again. This time I would not let life beat me again. So, I killed the youkai and tried to get MY jewel from the girl. She wouldn't give it to me, so I got angry. That's when I got acquaintedwith life again. That crazy old woman put that damn rosary on my neck. Then Fate decided to play with me by making her, Kagome say the most embarrassing word: Sit.

Oh how I LOATHEthat word!But, life carried on and we had to find the shards of the jewel that girl shattered into a million pieces. Life was going smooth, I saw Kagome naked, got to know her. Then life decided to beat my ass yet again.

A/N: Hey! I hope you like my story so far! And if you do, please review n tell me so I can make the next chapter. I promise that this has a plot! I just have to show you how Inuyasha feels! Then I will get on with the story. I swear I will! Well, I only did this because I always have Kagome's POV for my stories, and this is how I'm feeling right now. Life never ceases to beat you down when it gets the chance….lol. Thanks and please review!