InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Learn ❯ Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and Co.

Memories

Hummmm....

Humming of the idle engine floated to her ears as she stared out the rain splattered windshield, it just kept coming down like there would be no tomorrow. Every now and again the wipers would come alive and wipe away the skies tears allowing a view of the quickly mudding gravel road.

"When are you going to stop running away?" Amber orbs bore into her as if he could see her soul through the windows of her grey one's.

"I'm not running." She tore her gaze away to look at her feet. A claw was quickly pressed underneath her chin pushing up so she would meet his gaze once again.

"Then kiss me."

A lump formed inside of her throat as she looked into someone's eyes who was not there. Thump. She rested her head against the window and squeezed her eyelids shut, trying not to allow the tears to flow. A prickling sensation made her heart stop before she raised her hand to a spot at the base of her neck.

The lights flickered in the small apartment before they went out leaving the inhabitants in pitch black darkness.

"I'm scared, I hate the dark." She screamed a little when she felt an arm wrap around her waist and pull her back so that she was flush against the person's chest.

"Don't be, I'll never let anything harm you." Her heart quit beating so fast as she relaxed into his strong embrace.

"Now what am I supposed to do when the power goes out? Cuddle up to a pillow?" A sob caught in her throat as another flash came forward.

"Shh, it's alright, it'll only hurt for half a second."

Claws lightly skimmed her skin as his hand pushed the hair close to her neck away and a mouth and tongue came into contact with her neck. Sucking in a quick breathe of air and holding it she clenched her eyes shut preparing for pain.

"I love you," Floated to her ears a split second before two fangs pierced her skin. She yelped but relaxed when his hands covered hers.

"I love you too."

Wiping the tears away from her face when she noticed that it had stopped raining and reached into the passenger seat for the flowers she had brought with her. Turning the car off she opened the door and slid out of the security of her car.

Looking around and seeing no one else around she began her journey into the grass, watching to make sure she didn't walk on anyone's resting place. It only took a few minutes to reach her destination. Kneeling down she placed the flowers in front of his tombstone.

Inuyasha
Beloved mate and friend

It felt like a knife had went through her chest when she had gotten the call three weeks ago. Just thinking about it made it feel like her heart was breaking all over again, and a horrofied sob slipped from her lips. She covered her face with her hand as she cried.

Kagome....

As the wind picked up slightly she thought she may have heard her name in his voice, and placed her right hand on her left shoulder as she felt his claws.