InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 3): Learning To Deal ❯ Of Lace and Shoes ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thanks much for the reviews left so far. I read each and every one of them, and greatly appreciate the time you took to leave one.
 
To read the responses to your recent reviews, go to http://doggieearlover.livejournal.com/75273.html .
 
 
Live and Let Die: Learning to Deal
 
 
Chapter 17: Of Lace and Shoes (Warning: Lemons)
 
Miroku returned with Sango to find the others sitting around the fire, quietly eating their stew. The silence was actually welcomed as Kaede motioned for them to help themselves and join them. Sango had worried that they would want to question her upon her return, but found that no one wanted to intrude upon her solace. She nodded her head in thanks as she took a bowl and sat down. The monk followed suit and took his place near her side with Kirara in-between them.
 
Miroku was surprised when Sango put her bowl away and then came and sat down right next to him, leaning against him. It was the most open she had been in front of the others. Feeling her need for comfort, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her to him. The slayer sighed and snuggled against his warmth. Sometimes, it felt nice just to be held.
 
 
Rin watched the two with a bit of sadness in her heart. She missed Lord Sesshomaru when he was not near, even though she knew that he was somewhere in the vicinity. He had whispered in her ear that he needed to check on some things before he disappeared after Kohaku had shown up. She had nodded her understanding, and he was gone.
 
But then she brightened, for her lord had always come back for her, and he never left her for very long. The young girl had already learned that he simply did not show affection in the same ways as others, but more by his actions. He had come after her when Kagura had kidnapped her and even survived the purifying barrier at Mt. Hakurei to rescue her from the members of the Band of Seven when they had grabbed her. Numerous times he could have left her behind, but had come for her. She loved Lord Sesshomaru, and was fairly certain, in his own way, that he loved her as well. She smiled as she thought of herself, Sesshomaru and Jaken as a family. After all, they did take care of each other as family members do.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kagome found herself tucked into InuYasha's warm body when she awakened early the following morning. At some point during the night he had managed to get them under the covers and pull her protectively against him. She really didn't understand why she had been affected by his return like she had, but there was no doubt that it had happened. Her passion had overwhelmed her as she realized he had not made any mention of his first love after his arrival even though he knew she had been there training her earlier. Kagome knew that he loved her, and knew that he had chosen her, but she also knew that he had seen Kikyou before he left for Totosai's. And yet, upon his return, he made a beeline straight for her, kissed her, wanted her, and then made love to her. She hadn't said a word, and yet he had picked up on her emotions after he had come home. Last night he had proven how gentle and loving he really was. She tried not to let more tears spill as she thought about how lucky she was and how happy she was.
 
 
InuYasha felt his mate stir in his arms, but she didn't seem to want out of his grasp. He did not know how long he had held her and rocked her until she had finally cried herself out and fallen asleep. He still did not really understand everything that had taken place, except that in the end, he could tell that she was happy. She was so damn confusing to him at times: she cried when she was upset, she cried when she was sad, and then she cried when she was happy. It was really no wonder that he was so fucking baffled half the time. It was a learning process for him - and for her as well. At least this time, she had noticed his actions, and had even drawn the right conclusions, though he hadn't expected those particular consequences. In any case, they were both satisfied and content and should both still be asleep since it remained dark outside. He softly nuzzled her neck as he tried to go back to sleep, and a soft growl rumbled through his chest as he tried to soothe her back to slumber as well.
 
 
Kagome felt InuYasha's chest vibrate against her back as she heard the low growl that accompanied it. Since he was awake, she shifted just a bit and threw her leg back over his as she pressed herself into the hardness he often woke up with. A soft “ah” escaped her as he joined with her, and at first she was satisfied at the feeling of him deep inside of her. However, that didn't last very long, and she moved just enough to let him know what she wanted.
 
InuYasha wasn't really surprised she wanted him to love her again. She had been so intense since his return, and it appeared that she couldn't get enough of him. While he couldn't get enough of her, either, he was a little worried she would end up sore again as she had after that full moon together. But he wouldn't deny her what she seemed to so desperately need. He thrust up into her, sheathing himself to the hilt, after he felt her shift and throw her leg over his and then wrap it behind his leg and pull him closer to her. When she moved to let him know what she wanted, he started to thrust his pelvis in slow, long strokes, gentle and tender. His hand reached around to cup her breast, and he stroked her nipple with his claw as he moved against her.
 
As he started to pick up speed, he let his hand trail down from her breast to her mound. Slipping his fingers between the folds of flesh, he found her nub and started to apply pressure. Kagome moaned her approval, and he heard her whisper, “harder,” and so he complied once again with her request. At last, he felt her shudder against him as her walls clamped down on him. That was all the stimulation he needed to finish as he poured his seed into her. As he emptied himself, he felt her hand reach back to stroke his hip. Then her hand found his as he rubbed her abdomen, and she placed hers over it. He heard her sigh contentedly and felt her snuggle back into him. Nuzzling her neck, he softly growled as he pulled her possessively to him once again, his hand moving upwards just enough to caress her breast. It wasn't long before her breathing evened out, and he realized she had finally fallen back asleep.
 
The hanyou closed his eyes and tried to let sleep take him again as well. He thought about their reunion, and it finally occurred to him that the feelings he was picking up from her were not all that different from what he had felt when Kouga had tried to take her, though in her own way, rather than his primal, youkai fueled manner. By her own method, she had been reclaiming him upon his return, and of course, he had gladly complied, whether she needed it rough and wild, or gentle and tender as they had just made love. Satisfied that everything would indeed be all right, InuYasha finally fell back asleep.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kaede was the first to stir the following morning and poked at the fire in her hut to stir it up from where it had died down during the night. The morning air had a nip to it as the temperature had dropped during the night. She smiled just a little as she saw that Miroku was wrapped around Sango, keeping her warm, and amazingly enough, not rubbing anywhere that he shouldn't be.
 
She was glad that, for once, Shippou had listened to her and not pestered Sango regarding the reunion with her brother. It was clear the demon slayer's emotions were on edge after Kohaku had finally made an appearance. Sango had fought her own will so hard to keep from seeking him out, paying heed to the warnings of both the Houshi and herself. However, it had not been easy. Miroku had more than a few bruises to show for his help in restraining her when she realized her brother was somewhere fairly close by. She had fought tooth and nail to escape his clutches, but he had refused to let her go. Kaede was glad it was the Houshi who had grabbed the demon slayer, for she wasn't sure that she would have had the strength to hold her back.
 
The old miko's gaze traveled across the floor and landed on the curled up ball under a blanket that was Rin. She wondered how such a tiny human child had captured the heart of the Taiyoukai of the Western Lands. And yet, there was no doubt that it was true. His eyes softened just a bit in her presence, and she could feel the warmth of his aura. For now, it was more that of a father's love for his child, but she wondered if that might not change as the years passed, and the child grew. After all, it was not uncommon for a child to grow up, and her love for an older man to change, just as the man's could when he realized the girl was no longer a child, but a woman. However, that was something that only time would tell.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Mama waited until the others were out of the house to wake the hanyou and her daughter the following morning. She knew that even though the two had retired to Kagome's room fairly early, they hadn't actually gotten all that much sleep. Though they were pretty good at keeping the noise down, they had gotten a bit loud a time or two. Mama smiled to herself. She remembered when she and Kagome's father were much the same.
 
Mama knocked on the door softly before she spoke, “Are you two going to come down for some breakfast? Don't forget, we're going shopping today.”
 
She heard a giggle and a “Stop that!” before Kagome called to her, “We'll be down in a few minutes, Mama.”
 
 
Just before Mama had knocked on the door, InuYasha had trapped Kagome on her back and buried his face between her breasts. For whatever reason, he had started panting and working his way from one breast to the other as he blew his hot breath over her nipples. He had just latched on to one and started to suckle like a puppy when Mama knocked on the door. The hanyou just grinned and continued what he was doing as Kagome responded.
 
“We're never going to get out of this room if you keep that up,” the miko told him as she rubbed an ear.
 
She couldn't understand his response since his mouth was still full of her breast.
 
“You're just a horny dog, aren't you?” she laughed as she opened herself to him.
 
“Yeah,” he answered with a fiendish grin when he turned loose of her breast. He threw her legs up to his shoulders and entered her in one smooth motion. After a couple of slow strokes to make certain she was really ready and finding her channel very hot and very wet, he started pounding against her as hard and fast as she could take.
 
Kagome didn't know what had gotten into her hanyou, but damn, it sure felt good. She was panting and gasping for air as he hit inside her, hard and fast, seeking his release. She felt her own body winding up, ready to explode, while he drove into her depths again and again.
 
She cried out in bliss, shaking violently as her body locked onto his. The motion suddenly stopped and she felt him pulsing against her tight channel, having heaved one last time before he released into her. Now he was gently rocking against her, still stimulating her as he continued to fill her.
 
Kagome suddenly realized it was no wonder she was having trouble catching her breath. InuYasha was on his hands and knees over her body, and she was curled up like a pretzel underneath him. However, the immense pleasure he had just brought her outweighed any discomfort. She felt his hands on her legs, helping her to stretch them out alongside him before he leaned over her again to kiss her.
 
“Do you think that'll hold you for the rest of the day?” he whispered when he finally pulled away, just far enough to look into her eyes from above her.
 
The miko was rubbing her hands over his hard chest, her eyes sparkling. “Yeah, I think that'll do, at least for a while.”
 
The hanyou wrinkled his nose. “I think we'd better take a shower before we go back down.”
 
“You think so?”
 
“I know so. I think even your mother will be able to smell us if we don't.”
 
“Just a shower?” Kagome asked teasingly.
 
InuYasha nuzzled her neck, his breath tickling her as he responded, “It's up to you.”
 
Kagome pulled his face to hers to kiss him gently on the lips. “She's planning to take us shopping. We'd better not keep her waiting too long. All right?”
 
“Keh.”
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sango was surprised when she woke up surrounded by the warmth she knew was the monk's body. She didn't remember him being that close to her when she went to sleep the night before. But then she remembered those nights back at the inn where she had gotten up and gone to him in the middle of the night without really even realizing it. Deciding that she didn't want to raise a fuss in front of the others, that he might be innocent, and that she was enjoying him simply holding her, she closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep.
 
The slayer was emotionally drained after everything that had happened the day before. She had been almost desperate to see her brother again but did not know what to expect when she did. She was happy and sad, all at the same time. She was thrilled that he had finally come to her, and she could tell that he had remembered her. And she was sad that those same memories of her also meant he probably remembered everything that he had done.
 
She could tell by the look in his eyes that he was haunted by his past actions. He had whispered that he knew he had to die to atone for his offenses, but he wanted to help defeat Naraku in the process. While Sango was telling him she forgave him, that she knew it wasn't his fault, he was saying he was sorry, but that he had to go.
 
Sango had so much more she wanted to talk to him about, but Kohaku wasn't ready for that, not yet. And she had asked the monk if they would be able to save him, though she was afraid that her brother did not wish to be saved. She bit back a sob at the thought that her only brother, her last family member, would probably not survive the battle with Naraku.
 
 
Miroku felt Sango move in his arms, but remained still. She had not pulled away from him, so perhaps she would let him offer her his warmth and comfort for a little longer. This time he had come to her in the dark, though with strictly honorable intentions. She had started crying again, albeit softly, after they had lain down for the night. The monk had settled on her mat behind her and pulled her into his body. Sango had snuggled back against him, and finally her sobs had subsided and she had fallen asleep. Not wanting the ruin the trust he was slowly regaining with her, he kept his hands away from parts of her body she might find objectionable.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
“Well, you two certainly took long enough,” Mama stated as InuYasha and Kagome finally made their way into the kitchen.
 
“Keh.”
 
Kagome had the good graces to blush before she responded, “InuYasha said we needed a shower. He was probably right.”
 
Mama just laughed as she placed their bowls in front of them. “Well, we do have the whole day to enjoy, so eat your breakfast. We couldn't leave too early or the stores wouldn't be open yet, anyway.”
 
“Where were you planning to take us, Mama?” Kagome asked.
 
“I thought we could take the rail to the Ginza Station and go to the department store there. They should have anything we need,” Mama replied. “Unless you think it would be too much for InuYasha.”
 
“Keh?”
 
“It is big and pretty busy, but if the department stores are too crowded, there are a lot of smaller shops in the area. InuYasha? Do you think you can handle being around a lot of people?”
 
The hanyou snorted. “This is important to you, isn't it?”
 
Kagome reached over and squeezed his hand. “Yeah, it kind of is.”
 
“I'll manage,” he responded.
 
“You're sure? About the train and everything?” Kagome pressed.
 
“You'll be with me, won't you?”
 
“Both Mama and me,” she answered.
 
“Keh,” he answered, not having any clue as to what he had just agreed to. But still, if it made Kagome and her mother happy, he'd get through it.
 
“Well, if you can do this, then the reception should be a piece of cake,” Kagome told him.
 
 
They had watched three trains come and go before they finally convinced InuYasha to get on. Mama was starting to think they should have just taken the car, but the hanyou was determined to get on, if a train stopped that wasn't already so jam-packed full of people there wasn't room to spit, much less sit. Finally, one came through, and they were able to convince him that it was probably the best they would be able to do. If it had been up to InuYasha, he would have just grabbed Kagome and Mama and ridden on top of the damned thing; but they had firmly told him that was NOT a good idea.
 
Once they were on the train, InuYasha solved his problem with all of the strong scents by pulling Kagome into his lap, and burying his nose into the side of her neck. Kagome blushed, but rather than chiding him, she gently rubbed the back of his head and his back, soothing him instead. They stayed that way until it was time to get off at the station.
 
 
Mama and Kagome had decided by the time they reached their destination that they would try the stores on the side streets rather than drag InuYasha into a huge department store full of people. They would save that as a last resort if they couldn't find what they needed in one of the specialty shops.
 
 
They had not gone far when Kagome stopped in front of a boutique with a display of beautiful dresses in the window. “Mama?” she questioned as she looked at them.
 
“This looks like what we came for,” her mother answered, leading them into the store.
 
 
Kagome had given some thought as to what she should wear to the reception. Considering they didn't have any idea who else might be there, she had decided that it might not be a good idea to bare her marks on the night InuYasha was human. Anyone who saw them and put two and two together might be able to figure out that her mate was hanyou, and that was his mortal night. She hoped that her stronger miko aura on that night would make the marks harder to detect than they normally were to youkai, and that covering them would be enough.
 
The miko had turned loose of her mate's hand when they entered the store since there were no other customers there, and just a sales clerk to deal with. She headed towards a dress that she thought might work. It was an above the knee, sleeveless, black lace dress, cut with a scalloped v-neck. It also had a short three quarter sleeve jacket that went over it. She found the one in her size, and picked it up and held it in front of her. “Mama, what do you think?”
 
“It's lovely, dear. Why don't you go back and try it on?” she replied.
 
Kagome picked up the price tag and sighed. She wished she had thought to call Totosai and ask what the diamonds she left with him to sell were worth. She couldn't see spending that much on a dress when they didn't have much to spare and started to hang it back on the rack.
 
Mama looked at her questionably, and Kagome just waved the price tag. Mama came over to her. “Kagome, honey, it's okay. You are only going to have one engagement party and get married once. I've set money aside for this, so don't worry about it. If that dress is what you want, go try it on.”
 
“You're sure?” Kagome asked quietly.
 
“I'm sure. It's beautiful and would be perfect for both this reception and the engagement party. Come on, you can try on that one, and I will try on this,” Mama said as she held out the dress she had found. It was a sleeveless cream color crepe fitted dress with a matching long sleeve jacket with satin lapels.
 
 
Meanwhile, InuYasha was trying to stay out of the way and out of trouble in the fairly small shop. He had been wandering around while Mama and Kagome browsed and somehow found himself surrounded by ladies undergarments. He blushed as he realized what they were and was trying to back out of that section of the store when he hit a rack in his haste. The next minute he was trying to catch it before it toppled over, and somehow, he ended up on the floor, covered in lace panties and bras. He knew from personal experience that the dainty garments would shred easily under his claws, and so he froze, not certain what to do.
 
Kagome and Mama came running out upon hearing the commotion, each wearing the new dress that they were trying on. “InuYasha, where are you?” Kagome called when she didn't immediately see her hanyou.
 
“Here,” he replied, flushing the color of the red t-shirt he was wearing and still afraid to move. “I'm sorry,” he muttered. “I didn't mean to. I didn't see it.”
 
The sales clerk was looking at the exotic silver haired young man who was obviously embarrassed by the entire situation. “It's okay,” she told him. “I told them that stand was sticking too far out, but they wouldn't listen. Let me help you.”
 
Kagome had to choke back a laugh when she saw InuYasha covered in the contents of the rack. She picked up a black pushup bra and matching pair of panties from off of him. “I think these are what I need to go with this dress. What do you think, InuYasha?”
 
“Keh,” the hanyou responded, though he couldn't help but to grin in spite of his embarrassment as Kagome held them against her body.
 
The miko handed them to her mother and helped the sales girl finish picking underwear off of her mate. “Sorry, InuYasha, but I couldn't resist. Why don't you go sit in that chair until we're finished?” Kagome pointed at a chair near the entrance to the dressing rooms.
 
InuYasha climbed to his feet and stood the rack back up. “I'm sorry,” he mumbled to the sales clerk.
 
“It's quite all right. You didn't hurt anything. And I think I'm going to move it more out of the way before I put these back on it,” she told him.
 
“I'll do it, just show me where,” he responded.
 
The rack was heavy and the girl was grateful for the offer since he had set it upright with such ease. “Just over there.”
 
InuYasha picked it up and set it back down where she indicated. “Wow, you're really strong. Do you lift weights or something?”
 
The hanyou mumbled, “Or something,” as he nodded his head since he wasn't really certain what she was referring to. Deciding he'd better do as Kagome suggested, he went and sat down in the chair and waited.
 
 
Kagome was still chuckling to herself as she tried on the bra and panties that she had picked up from off of InuYasha. Slipping the dress back on over them, she looked in the mirror.
 
“You are beautiful, Kagome,” her mother said proudly as she returned the dress she had selected to its hanger. “Do you want it?”
 
“Yes, I think I do. Are you sure it isn't too expensive?”
 
“Not if it makes you happy,” Mama replied.
 
“I never thought I would like the first dress I found. To be honest, I thought we'd be at this all day,” Kagome said as she, too, took off the new garments and returned them to their hangers.
 
“Well, we aren't done yet. We have to find something for InuYasha. That may not be so easy,” Mama responded.
 
“Yeah, especially the shoes part. He understands, but they hurt his feet. And I'm glad you had bought those jeans for him. At least he's now worn some regular pants besides sweats or his hakama. As long as they aren't too tight, he seems to be okay with them,” Kagome said as she finished pulling her clothes back on. “Not to mention, he got to learn how the zipper worked.”
 
“Let's purchase these if you are certain you don't want to look any more, and find a men's store for him,” Mama said.
 
“No, I'm happy with this. I'll just need to find shoes to go with it,” Kagome answered.
 
“Let's go, then.”
 
 
Mama paid for both of the dresses as well as the undergarments that Kagome had selected, and arranged to have them delivered to the shrine. At the sales girl's suggestion, they headed to a men's store that was just a few doors down.
 
 
It was a good thing the girl told them about the store, or they probably wouldn't have gone in. In the window were the latest fashions in casual wear for men. Nothing indicated they would have attire suitable for what they were looking for. However, once they were inside, one whole wall was devoted to men's suits and all of the accessories to go with them. They even had one corner devoted to traditional dress, including hakama, haori, and kimono for men. InuYasha made a beeline straight for the corner.
 
“These aren't so bad,” InuYasha commented as he looked at the rack with the traditional pieces.
 
“That's what you'll wear for the wedding,” Kagome told him as she slipped up alongside him and took his hand. She waved towards the wall of suits. “One of those is what you need for now.”
 
She could hear the whine in the back of his throat as he looked at his choices, so she whispered, “And I bet you'll look really hot in one. I won't be able to wait to rip it off of you.”
 
That made the hanyou grin. “Keh.”
 
It took InuYasha more than a few tries to find a suit that was acceptable to him. Who knew that all those black suits could be so different? Kagome had gone back into the dressing room with him since they were the only ones in the shop. Mama was surprised there wasn't any more bickering between the two over the clothing than there was. Then again, she could only imagine what her daughter had promised the hanyou to get his cooperation.
 
Even Mama caught her breath when InuYasha emerged from the dressing room with a smiling Kagome. He looked gorgeous in the black suit with a purple shirt and matching purple tie. While it looked great with his mass of silver hair, she could only imagine what it would look like when he was human with those deep violet eyes.
 
“What do you think?” Kagome asked her mother.
 
“I'd say it's a keeper. InuYasha, are you okay in that?” she responded.
 
“Keh. Kagome says it's important, so I can stand it for one night,” InuYasha answered, twitching his ears under the bandana that still hid them.
 
“Kagome, since we're here, do you want to get a couple other shirts and ties to go with the suit? You know you have the engagement party, and there might be somewhere else he could wear that as well,” Mama suggested.
 
Kagome could hear the whimper in the back of InuYasha's throat again. He was being awfully good, but she didn't want to push him too far outside of his comfort zone - and they were way out there already. “You won't have to try on any more, InuYasha. Now that we know which size, we can just pick a couple of others to go with the suit.” She ran her hand down his back and gently squeezed his butt. “Thanks for putting up with this. It does mean a lot to me.”
 
“Keh,” InuYasha replied, and blushed.
 
“Come on, I'll help you hang everything up and you can put your regular clothes back on. All that's left are the shoes,” Kagome said, taking his hand and leading him back towards the dressing room again.
 
 
This time when they emerged, InuYasha was back in his t-shirt and jeans. The young man that was working in the shop took their selections to the counter while Kagome went back and picked out a couple more shirts and ties to go with his suit. She decided on a white shirt and tie because that was standard attire for so many things, including weddings, and then a red silk shirt and stunning tie that had a red, gray, and black paisley pattern. Satisfied for now, she brought them to the counter. “Too bad they don't have little boy's stuff, you could have brought both Jii-chan and Souta here this weekend,” Kagome commented.
 
“Oh, that would be the store next door. It has children's wear, and many of the boys' outfits match the adult ones we carry here,” the clerk replied as he rang everything up. “Here, take this card and you can get a discount when you come back. It will be good in both this store and the children's store.”
 
“Thank you,” Mama replied as she took the card from him, and handed over the credit card to pay for their purchases. Once they had arranged for things to be delivered to the shrine, they headed back outside.
 
“So, what did you promise InuYasha?” Mama asked when they were out on the sidewalk again.
 
They both blushed, and Mama really didn't expect an answer, but then they replied together, “Ramen.”
 
“InuYasha has gone through all of this for Ramen?”
 
“He loves the stuff, and I told him we could find a place like the one you took us to when… well… after you caught us… you know…” Kagome stammered.
 
Mama smiled at the memory of catching the naked hanyou carrying her very naked daughter when they were newly mated. “I think we can handle that. I am hungry. Should we look along the street, or do you want to go to the basement of the department store?”
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha, who was a bit stressed in spite of appearing so calm. “There should be someplace along the street. Let's walk a little further.”
 
“There is, I can smell it,” the hanyou responded, crinkling his nose.
 
“Lead the way,” Kagome told him.
 
They crossed the street and just a few more doors up there was a stand with just what they were looking for. Kagome and Mama both went for the noodles with chicken and vegetables, but once again, InuYasha couldn't decide, so he ordered the one with just about everything in it.
 
Kagome had to admit, she was glad to get off of her feet for a few minutes. They ate mostly in silence except for the hanyou slurping his noodles. Kagome just grinned to herself. She couldn't believe how cooperative he had been all day. However, the toughest part was still to come - shoes.
 
 
The trio finished off their noodles and tea, and started up the street again. “I was sure there would be a shoe store along here, somewhere,” Mama commented as they walked and looked. “If we don't see one soon, we may have to go into the department store.”
 
Kagome breathed out a sigh of relief as she looked across the street. Pointing, she said, “Over there.”
 
They made their way across the street and entered the shop, which had all kinds of shoes, ladies' and men's. Kagome and her mother had an idea of what they wanted, so they told InuYasha he could either sit and wait, or look around over in the men's section to see if anything appealed to him. Too anxious at the prospect of having shoes on his feet, he paced around the store and finally landed over in the area they suggested he look.
 
Mama and Kagome combed the displays and found what they were looking for. Luckily, they both wore standard sizes, so the store had plenty of every color and style in stock. Kagome picked up a shoe that was velvet and black lace, with a low heel, while Mama selected a cream pump. They headed to the row of chairs with the sample so the salesman could pull their size, and were stunned at the sight that met them. How did they miss this?
 
InuYasha was sitting in a chair, surrounded by black dress shoes. An eager young man was waiting on him, and looked up at the ladies as they approached. “Hello, are you with him? He said that he needed black dress shoes, but wasn't sure what you wanted him to get. I hope you don't mind that I started without you. I think I found something he doesn't mind. He said they don't hurt his feet too much.”
 
Stunned didn't even begin to cover the expression on both Mama and Kagome's face. They had been dreading this, and yet here was InuYasha, in a pair of nice black dress boots. Kagome furrowed her brow as she looked at his feet. “Hey, do those remind you of someone?”
 
“Keh. They're kind of like what Sesshomaru wears. I always wondered how he stood having those on his feet, but these aren't so bad,” InuYasha responded. “They're soft, not hard like those others.” He waved at the numerous pairs of shoes that surrounded him.
 
“I was just telling your friend that we have a special customer that comes here for these. They're imported, made of high quality leather, and we're the only store in Tokyo that carries them,” the clerk told them.
 
As soon as he said that, Kagome knew there would probably be a pretty hefty price tag attached to the boots. Well, she would just tell her mother about the sale of the diamond shards if she needed to. If InuYasha found something he could live with and was willing to wear, she wasn't about to tell him no.
 
“Mama?” Kagome started.
 
Her mother reached over and squeezed her hand. “I know. It's okay, we'll manage.”
 
“But…”
 
“I know how much he hates shoes, and if he's happy with these, we'll buy them. Now, let's try on ours, shall we?”
 
“Thanks, Mama,” Kagome said softly.
 
InuYasha didn't miss the exchange. Wondering what he did wrong, he looked questionably at his mate. She shook her head, “You didn't do anything wrong. We're both just surprised you found a pair you don't mind wearing. That's all.”
 
“You're sure?”
 
“I'm sure. Let Mama and me try ours on, okay? Then we'll be ready to head back home.”
 
“Keh.”
 
Kagome had to say one thing about their young salesman - he was very good at his job. Neither she nor her mother ended up with the pair of shoes they started out with, but both were really happy with the pair they finally decided on. After they told him what they needed shoes for, he went to the back and came back with several boxes for each of them to try, including some that had not been put out for display yet. Once they were set on their selections, he rang them up, and took the information for delivery. And with that, they had completed their shopping.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sango and Miroku spent the day working with Rin and Shippou while Kaede went about her usual duties in the village. At one point, she had obviously been to her garden and came back with a number of fresh herbs she had picked. When Sango looked up and saw the old miko approaching, she asked the two if they wanted a break from their studies to help her. Shippou nodded eagerly, primarily because he had gotten frustrated and already used his foxfire on three different pieces of paper, frying them to a crisp. Rin just shook her head at his antics, and continued to copy the symbols she was working on. However, by the time Kaede came back, even her hands were getting tired from holding the writing instrument, and she too, was ready to do something different. Nodding in agreement with Shippou, she and the kit went to help Kaede wash and sort her herbs.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
The trip back to the station near the shrine turned out not to be as nerve-wracking as the trip into the city did. For whatever reason, the train wasn't as crowded when it arrived at the station, and they didn't have any trouble getting InuYasha on board. As before, he just pulled Kagome into his lap and buried his nose in her neck. Kagome blushed, and Mama just shook her head and laughed.
 
 
They arrived back at the shrine to find an excited Souta. He wanted to see what InuYasha was going to wear, and was disappointed to discover that they didn't have any of the items with them. Mama told him they would all be delivered in a day or two, so he could see them before she took him shopping on the weekend. She also told the boy that she was going to take him back to the store that was affiliated with the one they purchased InuYasha's clothes at, and he could even check out the formal traditional wear while they were there. That made him happy, and they settled down to wait for dinner.
 
 
When they retired to bed, InuYasha could tell that Kagome was tired, but happy. “Thank you for today,” she whispered as she stripped out of her clothing.
 
“Keh,” InuYasha replied as he did the same and climbed into bed behind her.
 
Kagome rolled on her back and stretched, and then took an ear in her hand and rubbed it lazily. InuYasha started with a soft kiss, and then proceeded to find all of the places on her body that ignited her. When he finally was ready, he hovered over her body and then entered her smoothly. The hanyou felt her hands rub up and down his back as he thrust into her, and then picked up speed and pounded harder when he heard her whisper to him. He felt her tight channel ripple around him just before he exploded to fill her. As they lay joined together, he wrapped his arms under her and pulled her up to kiss her again. When he pulled away so that she could breathe, he looked down into her eyes.
 
“I know,” she told him softly. “I love you, too.”
 
 
To be continued…