InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost In A Moment... ❯ Lost in a Moment ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lost in a moment…

Violet eyes kept unshed tears as she looked upon the barely breathing form. She kept herself focussed as she wrung another rag and placed it on his wounds. To think they were just fine until she slipped up…

~

"Kagome! Out of the way!" The angered half-demon yelled as he took yet another blow for the girl.

"But…if I could just get close to the shard." She pleaded as she gave away her position again. The boy growled jumping in front of the stunned woman as he took another fire blast from the Cerebus.

`Why is she being so stubborn?!' He growled mentally knowing he couldn't keep taking these attacks for long. "Kagome! Listen to me, go up there until I get him down." He snarled, as Kagome seemed to be thinking. `THINKING?! AT A TIME LIKE THIS!' He yelled mentally as she soon started up the slope, nearly falling back down. His gaze watched her `till she made it safely to the top. Unaware he was being watched from the enemy who spotted his weakness. This was his mistake, and therefore he was punished with a swift heavy blow to his skull.

~

Tears finally broke their holds as she recalled the memories of earlier. `Why was I being that way…why…' She sobbed softly as she looked to his pale face. To his chest witch barely kept a slow pace of breathing. `I was weak…Kikyo would of never been this way. She would have been stronger.' She whimpered as she began to tend his wounds again memories flashing before her misted eyes.

~

"Inu Yasha!" Kagome yelled from the clifftop as her eyes watched him fall to the earth. She cried freely, knowing it was her fault that he lay now in a crumpled heap at the monster's feet. She distracted him; she made him meet his end! She watched stunned as the crimson overwhelmed his figure and beneath where he lay as the beat began to tear at his tender flesh. She looked frantically from his tattered form as she eyed her broken bow at the bottom of the cliff. `If…If only I could get to it…' She sobbed as she made a way down, only to fall as well…

~

She let a soft smile break through her features as she saw his figure stir. She rested the damp cloth upon his forehead moving aside the crimson dipped bangs. She waited for his eyes to open. Her smile faded as she waited…Longed for his eyes to open.

~

She attempted to get up, holding a limp arm she tried to make it to her bow. "No…I…I cant give up now, Inu Yasha he…needs my help…" She gasped from the pain in her arm as she made a crawl to the remains of her bow. She picked up up, trying to at least let the pieces stay put for a short while as she attempted to aim. She brushed away any tears that lingered as she focussed on the bloodied snout of the Cerebus. Its heads looked in her direction, as his taunting her to fire as they drooped closer to the broken body. The steadied the fragile bow and let an arrow fly. "Please…Please…" She begged as it whizzed to it. She dropped her bow after and fell to her knees…"It…Hit!" She slowly got up and went over to his form, fearing the worst for her companion. She picked up the gleaming shard near his body, as the creature was no more. She smiles softly as she noticed he was still breathing.

~

"Please, Inu Yasha…" She gasped as his form stopped it's brief movements. "Open your eyes…Please…"

Slowly his gaze opened to slits and he coughed to try and speak, "Kagome…?"

"Yes…Yes?" She said so happy he was alive.

"Why'd you have to be so damn stubborn?" He snorted, but began to cough up more scarlet upon his once white shirt.

"I…I'm sorry I caused you so much trouble." She breathed gently looking to the sky, away from his form that hurt her so much to see in it's currant state.

He noticed the tears still lingered in her deep gaze and let his snarl fall to the wind. He let his eyes look to the sky with hers but let his lids drop. "Kagome…" He said softly and she averted her attention back to him. "It's fine." He sighed opening his eyes again to look at her. He attempted to sit up, and blinked slowly as an arm rested around his waist to help him up.

"You shouldn't move for a while…" She said gently.

His gaze watched her fearfully as he noticed the gentle crystals still upon her cheeks. He snorted softly as a claw simply brushed them away. "I can move after a while…" He choked back any smart comment he wished to say as he knew she was upset. Over what he wasn't sure…Could she be worried…Over him?

Her eyes intently watched him; witch made him shift under her gaze wondering why she cared so much. "Well, if your sure…" She trailed. "I got the shard." She said simply hoping to boost his spirits.

He eyed the gleaming gem longingly but to his surprise he shifted his gaze to the girl before him. He blinked a few times from the luminous light of the moon that shone behind her. He slowly got up, and stretched a hand to her. "See." He said simply as she gladly took it and stood as well.

She nodded and looked to him, but to his dismay the tears didn't stop. She seemed to wince when she stood as her right hand covered her arm protectively. "Thank you…For saving me. And…I'm sorry I couldn't be as strong as Kikyo…" She trailed sniffling slightly as his ears twitched.

"Is this what's it about?" He said, his hands resting on her shoulders gently smelling her pain. Once again a claw brushed away the tears she shed as she looked surprised up at him.

She nodded shamefully as she cried upon his chest as he taken back by her quick action he simply let her. "If I were her you would have never of gotten hurt. She would have been strong she…" She was interrupted by a calm voice.

"Kagome, you ain't her. You're Kagome." He snorted, as his hands seemed to have a mind of their own as they snaked protectively around the girl's form. "And…If you weren't you I woulda died…I guess." He said gently as she looked up again her cheeks stained with tears that shone in the light. He blinked slightly as she eyed him.

"I…Guess your right…" She mustered up a smile.

He eyed her carefully, "Of course. Now, you may be a stupid human but…thanks for helpin' me." He said lightly, clearly hoping she didn't hear.

To his dismay her face brightened as she had heard every word. "Inu Yasha…" She said softly, getting that dream gaze she sometimes got. Soon she simply rested her head back upon his chest, not caring if he liked it or not she liked this feeling. Being with him, knowing he would protect her. His feelings took his over as he rested his head on hers.

They held eachother…Lost in a moment in time