InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Loves ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha

A/N: Last chapter! Thank you to all who have reviewed I really do appreciate it, I continued the story for yall especially my first reviewer Winter Witch. There's nothing like a first review… OK now on with the fic

Kagura stood there glaring at the fire cat demon impatiently. "I don't have time for this cat," she said before she pulled out her feather and transformed it.

That's when Shippo decided he would enter the scene. He hopped from Kirara's back and onto her head.

"Oh no you don't Kagura" he said in a somewhat scolding voice. `Your not getting away that easy". He pointed toward the wind demons and commanded "Kirara attack."

Kirara jumped into to air aiming to knock Kagura down, but in mid jump Shippo fell off. "Oh Kirara!" he said in a whiney voice. `Hey what's that?' he turned looking over to two forms lying on the ground a few feet away. When he realized what they were he gasped "Miroku!, Sango!" he ran over and when he got a close up look to what they looked like he puffed up, literally. He puffed his fur up and charged towards Kagura, but as he was about to attack her a bee fly in front of him, blocking his way to her. "Move!" he demanded. But the bug went nowhere and when shippo made a second attempt the bee stung the little kit. Shippo fell from the sting and was knocked into a patch of grass nearby. There he was forgotten momentarily.

Kagura was being charged at by the fire cat demon. She tried to escape before the attack came but with no such luck. Kirara struck her down from her leaf fiercely and landed with a grunt. With the demon cat on top on her there was no more escape.

Kirara growled, showing her teeth extending her claws and doing everything she could think of to make herself look menacing.

Kagura gaped with horror at the ferice cat above her, it's paw crushing her. "Please, show mercy" Kagura said in a pleading voice. A lame attempt to save her unworthy life. Atleast that's what Kirara thought her life was.

Kirara growled and shook her head in disgust. How could she just show mercy and let the person who killed her master and friend go? She couldn't. She gave one last growl before sinking her teeth into the demon form below herself.

As Kagura's last movements she grabbed her fan and used her wind attack to slice Kirara across the chest and stomach. But Kargura died moments later.

As for Kirara, she was injured and slowly transformed into her kitten form.

Back with Inu

Inuyasha had heard everything that had been going on, and it killed him that he couldn't go help them.

`Miroku, Sango, maybe even Shippo and Kirara are dead right now…' he thought as he continued blocking Kagome's attacks.

He looked at the young woman infront of him `She's so dead looking…like Kikyou' he continued to fight wile debating with himself. `Can I kill her? Should I kill her? Do I have to really kill Kagome?'

`Of course not idiot! Don't you dare touch our Kagome! How could you even think that?!' argued the voice at the back of his head, the part of him that openly loved Kagome.

Just then he felt a sharp pain in his left arm. Kagome had stabbed him but it was different this time. She had used her Miko powers also.

He was stunned `How'd she get so strong?' he had only felt this type of power and hurt one other time, with Kikyou.

Again her movements seemed to be in slow motion as he watched her drop the sward at and pull out her arrows. He stopped his stare of horror and disbelief `she's really going to do this isn't she'.

Her bow and arrow were set and she fired. Inuyasha just stared at the incoming arrow, unable to move.

It hit him square in the heart `Just like Kikyou,… don't be like her, please' he thought as he fell. "Kagome".

Kagome woke up from her spell just in time hear Inuyasha say her name and fall to the ground. She gasped and tears immediately welled up in her eyes.

"Inuyasha" she whispered before she runs up to his fallen figure. "Oh Inuyasha, I'm so sorry" she sat crying.

"Ka…go…me"

"Inuyasha!" she cried happily through her tears, hope filling her heart that her love would live.

"I love you…" he whispered in a small voice.

"I love you too Inuyasha".

"Goodbye…" he voice faded into the wind leaving a distraut Kagome.

"No, Inuyasha your not going to die, don't talk like that" she wailed. "You're going to live do you hear me! Answer me!" she screamed crying. "Inuyasha…" he was gone.

She left his body and went looking for survivors. What she found next was heart breaking. It was Sango and Miroku-dead-holding hands.

She broke down right there. She didn't think she would ever be able to get up, that is, until she heard a pained moan in the opposite side of the field.

It was Shippo. She got up wobbly and went to her kit. When she got there she dropped to her knees and cradled the kit in her arms.

"Oh Shippo" she cried.

"Kagome one of the bees stung me …it hurts."

"I know Shippo" she cradled him and glanced back at her other two friends and started to sob into her kits fur.

"Kagome… please don't cry," Shippo said weakly "it's not…your…fault…" he finished his words a small smile and then went limp in her arms.

"No!," she sobbed "not you too Shippo…" she had had enough, she was going home. `To much pain… too much…' As she got up to leave the clouds that been sitting in the sky decided that this was the right time to spill their water.

Kirara woke up to see Kagome going to the well and ran towards her.

In an almost dead voice Kagome said "Hello Kirara".

~~~1 year later~~~

Kagome sat with Kirara on a hill. She looked at peace staring at the view before her.

Ever since the incessant she had been making trips on the weekends back to fudal Japan to visit the village and Kirara.

Kaede had preformed a spell to allow Kagome to talk to her friends' spirits one last time. They had all forgiven her and held no grudge, they had all moved on. Kagome was glad for this and hoped that some day she herself could truly move on and forgive herself.

She got up from her spot on the hill where she remembered and forgot. Remembered her friends and forgot her anger.

"Come on Kirara let's go home".

A/N: I'm done! How'd ya like it?! I'm so glad I finished, writing chapters are hard. Well people there you go my first fanfic. Sorry if this, or any other chapter seemed rushed, I was excited /\_/\ Well review please and make me happy