InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love at Sea ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: No own Inuyasha
 
The sun's bright, golden rays shone down on the land, illuminating the castle and reflecting off the water's surface. People were hustling along the dirt streets of the village that was overlooked by the castle. Villagers were selling and buying goods along the street. It was an average day.
 
The castle, though, was anything but average. Maids and servants were rushing from room to room cleaning up every speck of dust. Cooks were already beginning to cook the finest and freshest food in store. The royal family was preparing for the sudden visit the Ueda royal family.
 
This is the family Prince Hojou belonged to. “No. Set that vase over here.” Queen Higurashi instructed to the servants rearranging the entrance hallway. “I said put that vase over here, can not you people comprehend the meaning of `here' and `there'?” Queen Higurashi sighed and left one of her helpers to finish instructing the servants.
 
Queen Higurashi started toward her daughter's room. Opening the door, she peered inside and saw Kagome looking out the window and over the sea. “Why are you not dressed yet?” Kagome looked behind her startled. “Oh, I guess I just lost track of time.” Kagome turned back around to look outside.
 
“You know that you have no other choice, do not you?” Queen Higurashi softly stepped forward to stand behind her eldest child. “You will find that it is not so hard to handle after a while.” Kagome was not eased by her mother's claim. She decided to humor her mother anyway, “I know mom.”
 
“Well then, you should get dressed and get out and enjoy the day,” her mother enthused. That brought a smile to Kagome's face. Her mother always seemed to be able to pull off a good mood change. “I think I will, and maybe go down by the shore,” Kagome stood up and stretched and watched her mother retreat from her room. Kagome's ladies-in-waiting came in soon and helped Kagome into her dress.
 
Kagome grabbed the shell she had found last night. She made her way from her room to the kitchen and out the servant door and down the path. Kagome walked along the shoreline and found a decent sized boulder to sit on. Breathing in the air as the breeze blew through her hair, she stared out over the water's surface. This seemed to become her daily ritual. No one would bother her.
 
“Ah, it's so nice out,” Kagome closed her eyes and tilted her head up towards the sky. Inhaling and exhaling, she looked back out to sea and saw something suddenly dive under the water. Kagome gasped and jumped up. “Oh, wow, what was that, it was pretty big,” Kagome walked to the borderline of the soggy and dry sand. “Was it a dolphin, but why would it be this close to shore?”
 
Kagome took off her sandals and walked into the water, only going ankle deep, while holding up her dress. “The water feels good, just the right temperature.” Kagome scanned the water, hoping to see whatever animal it was surface again. Waiting for what seemed like forever, Kagome finally turned and headed back to her boulder.
 
Unfortunately a strong wave came up and hit the back of her legs hard. “Whoa!” Kagome tried to keep balance, but couldn't and fell forwards into the water. “Oh no, now I have to go change,” Kagome sighed miserably and started to stand when another wave came along and rammed into her back. “Okay, now this is ridiculous!” Kagome fell forward again and was pulled back a little into the water.
 
“Wait a minute, the water wasn't this high just a while ago, this is impossible,” Kagome kept trying to stand up and each time kept getting hit by waves and pulled farther back out into the ocean. “HELP!” Kagome tried to swim back to the shore, but her dress was weighing her down. `I'm going to die, I'm going to drown out here and someone will find my body washed up on shore,' “NO, I don't want to die!” Kagome screamed.
 
Kicking and waving her arms and legs and not getting anywhere, was tiring her out quickly. Kagome's bare foot kicked something that was solid, slick maybe slimy feeling. `OH NO, A SHARK!' Breathing hard, Kagome started struggling harder and didn't notice that she was being supported.
 
“Relax, would ya,” came a voice behind her.
 
 
A/N: Here's the next chapter, not long, but I have finals to study for and I unfortunately must come back to reality and away from fantasy, hope you enjoy and review.