InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love, Betrayal, and Ramen ❯ Unexpected Visitor From The Present ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter one: Unexpected visitor from the present.

Inuyasha sat upon an old tree and gazed at the full moon. So many thoughts pierced his thoughts. So many, that it started to give him a headache. He decided to close his eyes, and try to rest. However, a gentle breeze caressed his face and he sighed. The thoughts kept coming back. There was only 2 more jewel shards left, and Inuyasha had no idea where they were. He and the others had been searching for weeks for a sign of Naraku, but none came. Inuyasha was getting very frustrated. Where could they be, he continually asked himself. Inuyasha sighed again as this thought passed his mind once again. He looked down at the grass and sniffed the fresh air. His ear twitched and he smelt unfamiliar scent in the air. He stood up and jumped off the tree, landing perfectly on his two feet. He sniffed the air again and followed the scent. The scent smelled like vanilla, and Inuyasha was intrigued by it. What could it be?, he thought. Inuyasha continued to follow the smell and he ended up by the bone-eaters well. Inuyasha blinked, curious about what he was smelling. Suddenly, a girls scream could be heard throughout the forest. Inuyasha jumped in alarm and went to search for the scream. He quickly ran through trees and bushes, hoping he didn’t arrive too late to save the girl. As this thought ran past his mind, he appeared in a large clearing. A giant demon became visible and a girl of 16 sat on the ground, afraid.

“Hey!” Inuyasha called to the girl as he approached, “you okay?”

The girl jumped in surprise and looked around to see who had talked. She looked to her left and saw Inuyasha.

“….YOU’RE A DEMON TOO!” She cried out frantically, looking even more frightened and standing up.

Inuyasha winced and sniffed the air once again. InuYasha’s eyes widened. This girl was the one who had been sending out the smell of vanilla.

Inuyasha took a step toward the girl and said, “I’m not going to hurt you! I’m going to help you and kill this demon!”

The girl’s expression suddenly changed and she put her hands on her hips looking serious, “yea right! Then why are you waiting so long to kill your demon buddy, huh?”

Inuyasha frowned. He had forgotten about the demon. He had been transfixed by the strong vanilla scent. Inuyasha shook his head, and took out tetsusaiga. He grinned and rushed at the demon, full of confidence. Inuyasha sliced the demon in half and it fell to the ground dead. Inuyasha landed gracefully back on the grass filled ground and he put tetsusaiga back in its sheath.

“Ha! How was that?” Inuyasha exclaimed, looking at the girl in the face, crossing his arms.

The girl took a step toward him and smiled. Inuyasha took a step back. He didn’t know why, but he had this weird feeling in the pit of his stomach. The girl got closer and InuYasha could see her clearly now. She had big, light blue eyes, light brown hair and rosy cheeks from the cold wind. She wore an outfit similar to Kagome’s, only that it was a white long sleeve shirt with a brown vest and a red ribbon tied to her neck. She wore a tan short skirt and knee high socks with tennis shoes. It looked like she had just come out of school, for she was caring a book bag in her right hand. Inuyasha took it all in, and he actually thought that she was pretty cute. She had long skinny legs and she was slightly taller than Kagome. The girl’s hair was longer that Kagome’s as well. It was about the length of InuYasha’s.

“What’s wrong?” the girl asked after a moment, watching Inuyasha closely, “cat got your tongue or somethin’?”

Inuyasha once again shook his head, “no, of course not! I’m just tired and all…”

She nodded. He had given a valid answer. The girl took another step closer. They were only 2 feet away. The girl looked closely at Inuyasha and giggled.

‘What’s so funny?” he asked annoyed.

“Your ears are cute!” she announced loudly.

InuYasha’s frown deepened. He hated when girls thought his ears were cute.

“Whatever…” Inuyasha replied, crossing his arms, “anyway…who are you?”

“You know,” the girl started, also crossing her arms, “it’s respectful to give your name first when asking another for theirs.”

Inuyasha chuckled, “Fine. I’m Inuyasha.”

The girl nodded, “I’m Kiona. Nice to meet you.” She put out her hand for InuYasha to shake. He looked at her hand for a second and asked, “how can you trust me so easily? You just met me, and I’m a demon.”

Kiona put down her hand and answered back, “I just can tell that you’re trust worthy. Also, if you really wanted to kill me, you would have already. Besides, you’re just a half demon, right?”

Inuyasha snarled, “that easy to tell?”

Kiona nodded and frowned, “sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you like that….”

“I’m used to it.” Inuyasha replied, with a slight smile now putting his hand out for Kiona to shake. Kiona nodded with a cute smile and shook his hand. They shook for a moment and let go. An awkward silence followed and then Kiona broke the silence.

“So, um…where do you live?”

Inuyasha looked to his right and pointed into the forest, “just over past the forest a little. I don’t live over there, but my friends are there with a priestess named Kaede.”

“Ooh, sounds interesting.” She said.

Inuyasha shrugged and showed her the way. On the way, Inuyasha asked, “so, how’d you get here? Did you come through the well?”

Kiona shook her head, “no, I just came, that’s all. I’ll tell you the story when we arrive at our destination so I can explain to your friends also without having to repeat myself.”

Inuyasha nodded. Good idea he thought, and they continued on.

It was about day break when they arrived, and the birds were singing. Out in the distance a rooster was heard doing it’s morning routine. Some people began to pour out of their homes ready to start their days work. The air smelt so pure and crisp and the sun was warm as it peered over the mountainside. A few clouds gently cruised by and covered the full moon, which still hung in the sky. Kiona walked behind Inuyasha, as they entered Kaede’s hut. Everyone was awake and Shippo called out Inuyasha’s name as he entered.

“Inuyasha!” he exclaimed jumping up and down, “there you are! Where have you been!”

Kiona reluctantly entered the room behind Inuyasha. Everyone looked at her with surprise.

“oh, hello there.” Miroku said getting up noticing her, “and who might you be?”

“Um..” Kiona blushed and replied, “my name is Kiona. Who are all you guys?”

Miroku smiled, “I’m Miroku.” He approached her and put his arm around her shoulders, “I’m a monk, obviously.” He groped her butt and a second later Miroku lay on the ground unconscious.

“Nice hit!” Sango said also getting up, “I’m Sango, and I’m a demon slayer. I’m usually the one who hits Miroku. You should watch out for him, he’s a total pervert.” As she said that, she kicked him the stomach and he squirmed, but he still remained unconscious.

The girl that was sitting by Sango stood up, “I’m Kagome!” she said enthusiastically “I’m from the present!”

And finally, Shippo introduced himself.

“Where’s Kaede?” Inuyasha asked, noticing that the old hag wasn’t in the hut.

“oh, she went to get some water.” Shippo replied.

“Kaede?” Kiona asked curiously looking at Inuyasha, “is she the one you said was a priestess?”

Inuyasha nodded, “yea, and this is her house.”

Kiona frowned, what a small house…it’s the size of my bathroom at home…

“So anyway,” Kagome started, “how did you get here?”

Sango and Shippo looked tense as they gazed up Kiona, “tell us too!” they said in unison.

Kiona sighed, “okay. But what about the pervey monk?”

Sango shrugged, “it’s his fault he’s missing out.”

Kiona laughed. Inuyasha’s ears perked up. Her gentle laugh had awakened something within him.

“Okay, here it goes…” she started. Everyone was listening intently has she told her story. Even Miroku, now awake, laid on the ground paying attention. Kiona was telling them that she did indeed live in the present like Kagome. However, she did not need to use the well to travel between times like Kagome. In fact, Kiona had the power of travel inside her. She had to power to travel anywhere in fact. She was, in other words, a witch, or sorceress. Whatever, same difference. Anyways, she told them that she was bored with school that day, and she had decided to go somewhere different. So, she randomly picked a place and went. When she had arrived, she was surprised where she ended up. And that’s why she was scared when Inuyasha appeared. She was just surprised more that scared.

“Interesting…” Shippo said, snacking on some chips Kagome had given him.

“Hmm, maybe that means you can help us then.” Inuyasha started, “we’re in the middle of looking for some jewel shards and a powerful demon. Want to help?”

Kiona thought about that suggestion. She didn’t know what she wanted. This time period was weird and she didn’t think she could fit in. Besides, her father was probably freaking out right about now…

“You don’t have to, if you don’t want.” Kagome said, looking at Kiona’s face, which was full of thought, “Inuyasha always decides things quickly without thinking…”

Inuyasha hissed, “no I don’t Kagome. I was just thinking that maybe she had come here for a reason like you.”

“Maybe…” Kiona said still in thought, “these kind of things happen to me often though…”

Sango stood up, “whatever choice you make, make sure that you feel that it’s right, and that it’s not Inuyasha’s harsh words that made you make that choice.” And she left.

Miroku sat up and nodded, “she’s right, and besides…” he leaned in slightly towards Kiona, “I wouldn’t mind having another pretty girl around…”

Kiona frowned, “Sango was right, you are a pervert. Aren’t you a monk?”

“That’s what I’ve been asking for months…” Kagome said.

Miroku smiled and did a nervous laugh, “hahhahaha, yea….”

Inuyasha stood up suddenly, “we have company” he said simply.

Miroku sensed it too, “yea, I think your right.”

Kagome gasped, “is it Naraku?” she asked.

Kiona looked at Inuyasha, what was his reply going to be?




End of Chapter