InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love, Betrayal, and Ramen ❯ New Appearances ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter two: New appearances






Kiona continued to look at Inuyasha, waiting for a response. Inuyasha caught her gaze and looked back at her and nodded.

“Oh great…” Kiona said after a moment, “I’m here five minutes and this kind of thing has to happen…”

Kagome smiled and picked up her bow and arrows. She handed a spare set to Kiona.

“I hope you can actually use those.” Inuyasha said harshly watching Kagome then leaving the hut.

Kiona snorted, “is he always a jerk?”

Kagome and Miroku both nodded and sighed. All three left the hut and went to find Sango. Sango had already felt the demonic aura and was rushing toward them from the river with Kaede following slowly.

“Naraku, right?” Sango asked as she stopped in front of the group.

Inuyasha nodded, “yea, we better go find him fast.”

Kaede nodded and then noticed the new girl beside Miroku.

“Who is this?” Kaede asked.

“I’m….” Kiona started, but InuYasha interrupted, “who cares, that can wait…”

Kiona frowned, jerk she thought. Inuyasha rushed everyone into the forest leaving Kaede behind confused. Kagome rode on the back of Inuyasha, Miroku ran by himself and Sango, Kiona and Shippo rode on top of Kirara.

“Are you sure you’re fine with this?” Sango asked, “it’s dangerous out there, especially with Naraku…”

“Of course she’s fine with it.” Inuyasha replied for Kiona, “she said she has powers, so she should be fine…”

Kiona sighed. Inuyasha is gonna hard to deal with…she thought

They continued their fast pace for awhile until they came upon a weird aura. Inuyasha stopped abruptly and began to sniff the air. Once again Inuyasha could smell a scent he had never smelt before. This time, it smelt like strawberries.

“Why’d we stop, Inuyasha?” Shippo asked from Kirara’s back, “we haven’t found Naraku yet!”

Inuyasha ignored the kitsune and dropped Kagome off his back. Kagome landed with a thud and a Hey! However, Inuyasha ignored her. He slowly walked toward the scent. What he saw next mad him stop in his tracks. There were two girls sitting on a dead log next to a goat. The goat spotted Inuyasha and went bah! Inuyasha made a confused expression. Kagome and the others stopped behind Inuyasha and looked at the girls and the goat. The girls, after hearing the goat bah, looked up at the visitors.

“oh, hi!” one said, with long brown hair, “who are you?”

This girl had big brown eyes, long brown hair and wore a green priestess outfit. As she stared at Inuyasha and the others she patted the goats head. The other girl, who continued to sit, had long red hair and hazel eyes. She had freckles and wore shorts and a tank top. It looked like she too had come from the present.

“I’m Kiona!” Kiona said before Inuyasha could say anything rude, “And this is Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kagome, and Inuyasha.” She pointed to each one as she said their name, “and who are you three?”

“Idiot!” Inuyasha said, “can’t you see there’s only two people there!”

“Duh! But I also want to know who the goat is, dumb ass!” she replied.

“Hey! don’t say that to me! You just met me! I’m a demon, roar!” he said, looking like an idiot as he roared.

Kiona laughed, “ha! I can take you on any day you stupid half demon!”

“Um…” Kagome started, “now isn’t’ the time…”

Kiona and Inuyasha blushed, “sorry” they said in unison.

The girl with the long brown hair walked over to them and said, “my name is Sora, and this goat here is…well, just a stupid goat we found. He was injured so we thought we could help it. My friend over there.” She pointed to the girl with red hair, “is Smash.”

Inuyasha snorted, “What kind of name is Smash?”

Smash sat up suddenly, and her eyes were burning from anger, “HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY NAME!” she came over and kicked the crap out of Inuyasha.

Kiona and Kagome giggled and Shippo cheered, “YEY, Smash smashed Inuyasha!”

Inuyasha was furious, “HEY, you don’t know who I am, do you?” he said to the girls.

“Um, actually, Kiona just told us, you’re InuYasha.” Sora said sarcastically.

Inuyasha was gonna burst. Kiona came over to him and put her hand on his shoulder. Inuyasha suddenly relaxed, and for some reason, he felt really calm.

“Calm down.” She said, “they’re only playing around with you, lighten up, k?”

As Inuyasha heard her soft voice, he became less tense and he blinked and apologized to the girls. The girls however just laughed. Miroku smiled at the young ladies and approached them with wide arms.

“Ladies!” he said loudly, “would either of you care to bear my children?”

Sora’s eyes glowed, “of course!’

Sango snorted, “no, not of course” she told Sora, “he’s a total pervert.”

“I don’t care. “ Sora said, “I like that in a man.”

Everyone rolled their eyes, and Sango grabbed Miroku by the ear and pulled him away.

“I guess we should leave.” Inuyasha said, “c’mon Kiona, we don’t need to bother Sora and Smash.”

“Yea…just let me say bye.” Kiona said. Inuyasha shrugged and walked over to Miroku and Sango. Kagome and Shippo followed. Kiona walked up to the girls and put her hand out for them to shake. The girls looked surprised but shook them none the less.

“Nice to meet you guys.” Kiona said cheerfully.

“Same here!” Sora said happily.

“Yea. Just if you want to visit us again, don’t bring dog boy. We live in the village about 5 minutes away.” Smash said with a smile.

Kiona nodded, shaking their hands and then left.

“Bout time!” Inuyasha said stubbornly as Kiona approached the group, “Naraku could be in Cuba now…”

Kiona laughed, “yea right…”

Inuyasha looked in her happy eyes and felt sleepy. What was with this girl that made him feel so safe and calm?

“Um…Inuyasha?” Kagome said tapping him on the face, “we should go!”

Inuyasha shook his head, “oh yea…let’s go.”

The group left and headed west. They didn’t know how far Naraku had gotten, but they were sure they could catch up. It was about midday when Miroku asked to take a break. Inuyasha reluctantly said yes, and they decided to have a picnic. Kagome brought out some chips, drinks and ramen. Kiona’s eyes lit up as she saw the noodle container.

“Ooh!” she exclaimed excited, “I love ramen!”

Kagome smiled, “so does Inuyasha. That’s why I bring it.”

Inuyasha nodded, “can’t live with out…”

Kiona took a cup of noodles and poured hot water in it and began to eat. She finished it within minutes while everyone was just starting. So then Kiona decided to take a walk while the others finished. Kiona got up and walked over toward a cold, clear river and dipped her hands in it. She splashed some in her face and looked up into the sky. The sun was right above her and birds flew by chirping songs. Leaves on the trees around her created music as the wind blew past. It’s so nice here, Kiona thought laying down and closing her eyes. After a moment, footstep sounded to her right and she opened her eyes. Inuyasha stood gazing at her, blocking the sun.

“You look relaxed.” He said, with a calm look.

“Yea, it’s really nice out…” she replied, closing her eyes again.

“Hmm, not for long.” He said, “we’re bound to find Naraku soon.”

Kiona didn’t say anything. She just lay there enjoying the sun’s heat. After a second, Inuyasha lay down beside Kiona on her left.

“I guess I never try to relax as much as I should.” He said, also closing his eyes.

Kiona still did not reply. Inuyasha opened his eyes and sat up and looked at her. She looked so peaceful. Inuyasha smiled and realized that she had fallen asleep.

“I guess I should let her rest awhile.” He said to himself. Besides, they weren’t leaving anytime soon. Miroku had been eating up a storm when he had left. Inuyasha closed his eyes once again and before he knew it, he had fallen asleep. He began to have a dream. In his dream, he saw Kiona. Pretty, happy and eating ramen. Then, he saw an image of them together, hugging closely. Next thing he saw was Naraku. The last thing he saw was Kiona’s dead body…

“AH!” Inuyasha cried as he awakened.

Kiona woke up too and leaned over InuYasha.

“You okay?” she asked concerned. She put her hand on his chest waiting for a reply.

Inuyasha opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was Kiona’s face. He knew he had only known her for a day, but he felt like he had known her for years….

“Inuyasha? U okay?’ She asked again, her hair fell beside her face.

Inuyasha nodded and sat up. He was sweating. “yea,” he began, “just had a bad dream…”

Kiona looked into his eyes and could tell he had a bad nightmare.

“You should take it easy.” She said, with concern in her voice, “let’s rest at a house or something…”

“NO!” InuYasha said loudly, “we have to find Naraku. Nothing else.”

Kiona flew backwards as Inuyasha stood up quickly.

“Ow!” she cried, as she landed on her back.

Inuyasha blushed, “sorry, I guess I got too carried away…”

He came over to help her up but ended up tripping and fell over onto Kiona. Kiona blushed. Inuyasha blushed and couldn’t make himself get up. It was as if some invisible force was pushing him down. What was this feeling he had toward her? He never had feelings for Kikyo like this.

“Um, Inuyasha?” Kiona asked after a moment, “I’m getting kind a hot…”

Inuyasha’s blush reddened and he finally found the strength to get up. “Sorry,” he said and helped Kiona up. Before Kiona replied, Miroku’s voice was heard from afar.

Inuyasha and Kiona rushed over to the picnic spot.

“Jeez you too, where were you all this time?” Shippo asked, his little arms crossed, “we’ve been done hours ago!”

“Hours?” Kiona asked looking into sky. Sure enough, the sun wasn’t above them anymore. It was about 2:00.

“What? I was asleep for 2 hours!” Inuyasha exclaimed, “we gotta rush now!” Without thinking, Inuyasha grabbed Kiona by the waist, and put her on his back and left in a hurry west. The other’s were surprised, but followed him anyway.

“I guess you’ll ride with us Kagome.” Sango said as they rode Kirara, “I wonder why he picked up Kiona like that…”

Kagome shook her head. Was Inuyasha developing feelings for Kiona? Kagome thought. Kagome had always thought that Inuyasha was in love with her. Now that Kikyo was gone, Kagome was positive that Inuyasha was in love with her. But now….

“Kagome!” Shippo called, snapping Kagome back to reality, “you can get off Kirara now. We arrived!”

“Huh?” Kagome asked. She looked around, and sure enough they had landed. All around them was dead plants. Everything seemed dark and dead and musty. Nothing had color, it was all brown.

“Wonder what happened here…” Sango said, gazing around her holding her boomerang weapon. (sorry, I can’t spell the name of the weapon. Is it hiraikutsu?)

Inuyasha chuckled, “Naraku, what else?” he replied, also taking in the scenery.

“Naraku can do this?” Kiona asked, her voice trembling from the cold. She took a step closer to Inuyasha.

“Yes. He has nearly all of the shikon jewel now. He has immense power. But still, he is half human…” Miroku said, looking serious.

Inuyasha looked over at Kiona. He had heard her voice tremble. Was it because she was afraid? Inuyasha was gonna say something to her when unexpectedly, a big explosion sounded in front of them.

“What was that?” Kagome exclaimed, taking a step back.

“Looks like Naraku is ready to show himself…” Inuyasha replied with a smirk.




END OF CHAPTER